AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#30,482 ·
Thanks. She even bought into the fact that I planned on doing Quad subs.i got the first two built and she asked when the others are coming! I am aiming at building LCRs now before I do the other two subs.

#30,483 ·
I need one of your wives! I'm still in trouble for the RS 52 II I brought in December! Bit she is pleased with the sound and the fact they don't need stands

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

#30,484 ·
Little did I know that my ex wife was an audio enthusiast. One of the last things she told me was that my equipment was inadequate

#30,485 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24179500

Little did I know that my ex wife was an audio enthusiast. One of the last things she told me was that my equipment was inadequate
I see in the picture of your (very nice) room that you have your TV placed on top of your rc 64 II. I'd like to do the same, but my TV weighs 90kg. Is it too heavy to put on the speaker?

#30,486 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melquiades  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24179578

I see in the picture of your (very nice) room that you have your TV placed on top of your rc 64 II. I'd like to do the same, but my TV weighs 90kg. Is it too heavy to put on the speaker?

Thanks, I had the TV on it for a couple of weeks when I first got it. I found a matching bench to my console, added a shelf and use as a stand,

#30,487 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30450_50#post_24178854

My wife rarely comments on the quality of my HT setup, but the other day she did say "why doesn't this song sound this good when I listen to it in my car." Seems like a small victory...
lol u better watch out as next setup will be the car's

#30,488 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30450_50#post_24179500

i may hope it wasn't the reason for separation

#30,489 ·
My wife is pretty understanding about it all. She rarely questions anything. My front three 18" subs placed against each other are 10'-8" wide, but they do not stand out as taking up a lot of room. I have my AT screen built out from the wall and the subs line up with the bottom edge of my curved screen. So it is nice and uniform. I also have a couple more 18's and two 12's at the back of the room. She did ask why I was getting a new projector, since I have three already.

#30,490 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24179500

Funny........... that is why she is "The EX" wife.

#30,491 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30450_50#post_24180417

My wife is pretty understanding about it all. She rarely questions anything. My front three 18" subs placed against each other are 10'-8" wide, but they do not stand out as taking up a lot of room. I have my AT screen built out from the wall and the subs line up with the bottom edge of my curved screen. So it is nice and uniform. I also have a couple more 18's and two 12's at the back of the room. She did ask why I was getting a new projector, since I have three already.
cool ! share a pic of it ? would be nice to see how it looks.  friends ask me the same about the projector, why i need a new one since i allready have 3 (had 9 at first but i sold em) . i told them im too lazy to exchange the lamp lol

still wonder why on earth would you need 7 subs.. i have 1 that allready is tearing my appartment apart
  btw u deliver to netherlands ?

#30,493 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24180417

lucky you! If there were not a ring on that finger already, I'd tell you to marry her right now.

#30,494 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24180417

What projector are you getting?

#30,495 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24181542

cool ! share a pic of it ? would be nice to see how it looks.  friends ask me the same about the projector, why i need a new one since i allready have 3 (had 9 at first but i sold em) . i told them im too lazy to exchange the lamp lol

still wonder why on earth would you need 7 subs.. i have 1 that allready is tearing my appartment apart
  btw u deliver to netherlands ?

In an apartment 1 nice sub would be fine. But if you have a theater room on concrete it sucks up the bass. So you need a ton to get that clean bass at reference levels. (at least in my set up i do)

#30,496 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30500_50#post_24182355

In an apartment 1 nice sub would be fine. But if you have a theater room on concrete it sucks up the bass. So you need a ton to get that clean bass at reference levels. (at least in my set up i do)
it's all concrete here in my room .. 20cm of the hardest sort. the room-shape sucks up more bass then the concrete does. if one had 2 littlewrecker or tht it should be more then enough bass. on a side note a 18" woofer doesn't give more tighter bass then a 12 or 15" would give, specially not when one puts higher freqs through it. here it would be a good thing to hear bill f's or mike's opinion on the subject. i can understand though having a sub for each speaker and connect it through high inputs.

edit : ps if you want really insain bass get a DD 9918Z 18" woofer with a 26kW amp section, you get some like 180dB output or a Tech TRW which can go as low as 1hz. paradigm sub 2 is also nice. all capable of completly destroying ur house

#30,497 ·
#30,498 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24183237

it's all concrete here in my room .. 20cm of the hardest sort. the room-shape sucks up more bass then the concrete does
A lot more, as concrete doesn't 'suck up bass'. A very silly notion that is; if anything high mass construction gives better bass, by better containment of long wavelengths within the room. It's also better for the neighbors, who hear less of your bass, which also means it's better for you, as you can run louder before they complain.

#30,499 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30500_50#post_24183633

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/30480#post_24183237

it's all concrete here in my room .. 20cm of the hardest sort. the room-shape sucks up more bass then the concrete does
A lot more, as concrete doesn't 'suck up bass'. A very silly notion that is; if anything high mass construction gives better bass, by better containment of long wavelengths within the room. It's also better for the neighbors, who hear less of your bass, which also means it's better for you, as you can run louder before they complain.
ah well my neighbours don't complain that much and they know they can knock (loud) on my door when they are annoyed by my music. after replacing the sony speakers with the klipsch it made them say it is loud n clear hearable now, before could hardly hear my setup on max volume. i must add that windows in my room do vibrate with the bass and this ventilation system that goes through the building to the roof fans, as such makes more of it go outside my room. wouldn't it be the best to have a subwoofer horn-model cabinet made of concrete or granite.