Klipsch owner thread - Page 1526 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #45751 of 45755 Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0yce View Post
Can you guys give me an opinion on this deal?

Pair of Heresy IIs from late 80s for $500

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/5091688082.html
I'm not familiar with the vintage Heresy's and their current value but here are some asking prices in my area (Michigan).

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/5037944347.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/5049231122.html

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/msg/5053204141.html

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45752 of 45755 Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0yce View Post
Can you guys give me an opinion on this deal?

Pair of Heresy IIs from late 80s for $500

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/5091688082.html
I would RUN to get those, that's a great deal.
Just curious….what will power these?

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #45753 of 45755 Old Today, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I need to know a little more about Klipsch subwoofers and mostly the more vintage style units. I have an older Klipsch sub that is just not enough for our room so i am looking for another sub to help balance out the room. The cost of a new sub is a bit much so I am going to try an old Klipsch sub to try and match to the one I have.

I went to eBay and found a ton of them for sale. I know that Klipsch sells thousands of units per year but it does raise some questions. Was there something wrong with the Klispch 12" subs back 10 years or so ago? Why would there be so many of them for sale especially the same type units.

Any help with this will be great appreciated as I am trying to keep my costs down.

Thnx
post #45754 of 45755 Old Today, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo44 View Post
Any help with this will be great appreciated as I am trying to keep my costs down.
I'm not sure what you are asking but keep in mind a 10 year old sub has a 10 year old amp and no tellin' how hard it's been driven...That said, it would help if you provide a budget and or model numbers you are considering.
post #45755 of 45755 Old Today, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I have a pair of klf 20's for left and right and klf 10's for the sides. And a bic pl-28 for a center channel and bic pl-89's for rear and wide. I would like to at least up grade the center speaker. I can buy a pair of klf 20;s for 500 bucks and use one of them as the center so I have klf 20 across the front for LCR. But I would have to lay the new klf 20's on therside and just plug in the top one, until I flip my room around and use a acoustic transparent screen. Or the other option is to buy a new or b stock rc-64 2.

Now I know the 64 ii is more money then the 500 for the pair of the klf 20s, but i wont be wasting one of the speakers with the 20;s as I only need one and cant afford to buy both the 20 and the 64. So what would you guys suggest? But the pair of 20s for 500 and just waste one of them and lay them on the side or spend a few bucks more and get the rc 64-ii. But how good if the voice matching of 64 to the klf 20s? I can repurpose the bic center in an other room. I am not currently running a sub. and still enjoy the sound.

But one of my concerns with out sub is the klf 20 goes lower then the rc 64 and the pl-28 center. I did at one point tip over the paird of klf 10s and they were not bad and sounded better then my bic cetner. So hence the ideas.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page