Klipsch owner thread - Page 1534 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #45991 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 398
I haven't really been too satisfied with the sound of my Ref7-II's since I got them last year. I was playing around with my Marantz setting it up to stream music from my computer in the other room, and it sounded different (Better). I then realized the last time I was using REW I found a null with the mains at 100 Hz, so I crossed over at 120 Hz and let the subs fill in the hole. But I only tested it with movies and not music after that. Well, that made a huge difference in my room. So to confirm it, I was playing songs and I would change the crossover from 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz, and 200Hz. As the crossover dropped towards 40 Hz, the speakers just started loosing there richness and depth. Above 120 Hz and the subs was over powering and made the bass too deep. 120Hz is the magic number for my room and my subs (And my ears). And with the subs to the sides of the floor standers, the bass isn't localized.
Now if I can just figure out why my AV7702 and/or my oppo 103D wont stream a flac file but other formats.
psgcdn and Tom Riddle like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45992 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Tom: Count me in on your thoughts and sonic observations of the 62's over the 52's. Thus far, I have not found my 52's sonically lacking in any way for my seating configuration and room acoustics. The only reason for my considering the upgrade would be to ideally "match" the the LCR's.
I'm really not expecting much improvement over the 52's, but enough to warrant the price difference in my case, if nothing more than just to know. I do expect a significant upgrade in the surround rear soundstage, and to have a more enveloping surround experience. Can't wait! May need to pop Interstellar again after the install to enjoy sonic nirvana.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #45993 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I'm really not expecting much improvement over the 52's, but enough to warrant the price difference in my case, if nothing more than just to know. I do expect a significant upgrade in the surround rear soundstage, and to have a more enveloping surround experience. Can't wait! May need to pop Interstellar again after the install to enjoy sonic nirvana.
Agreed...your rear soundstage should improve dramatically. Intersteller would be a great debut for the rear 52's. At any rate, please do let us know what nirvana is like.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #45994 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbsd View Post
I also have mine aimed slightly behind the MLP. They are about 86cm from the front wall and and 52cm from the side walls
Thanks! So you have yours slightly toed out, correct?

SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
post #45995 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Agreed...your rear soundstage should improve dramatically. Intersteller would be a great debut for the rear 52's. At any rate, please do let us know what nirvana is like.
Absolutely! Maybe I should throw in Nevermind and experience double nirvana!

SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
post #45996 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
I thought Youtube applies a filter on all audio above 15khz.
If Mark's (iMagic) link is any indication, it sure sounds that way.

post #45997 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 146
anyone compare the rc64II to the KL650 speakers?

Looking to upgrade want to see if I should stay with klipsch. I need speakers for a baffle wall.
post #45998 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I still have a BNIB RC-62 II if anyone is interested.

FS: Klipsch RS-52 II RC-62 II
post #45999 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Absolutely! Maybe I should throw in Nevermind and experience double nirvana!
LOL...Go for it!!!

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #46000 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I still have a BNIB RC-62 II if anyone is interested.

FS: Klipsch RS-52 II RC-62 II

Hey man, I have guy who is coming pickup mine RF-82II's tomorrow and he will need center. So your RC-62II will fit for sure, I sold mine already. He live in Columbia ,SC, so PM me lowest price including shipping you will accept and I can recommend your center to him.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #46001 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have a pair of KB-15 that I got on sale during the holidays. Honestly they don't seem very good a lower volumes and get distorted when I play too loud. Not sure if it's my amp causing the problem, but most of the time I find myself using my headphones.
post #46002 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Thanks! So you have yours slightly toed out, correct?
Well they are still toed in, when I am sitting in the MLP and looking at each speaker, I can slightly see the inner side of the speaker. Just not directly facing the MLP to an exact point but more so a point about a foot behind your head when seated. I tried having less toe in and way more toe in to get an idea of the sound. Pointing just behind the head I think is the best bet.

Speakers: Klipsch RF-7ii LR, RC-64ii C, RS-62ii SL/R, RB-81ii RL/R, 1x R-115SW Subwoofer
Display: Sony VPL-HW40ES, 140" Evo 4K Screen
Gear: Shinybow SB5645LCM 4x4 HDMI Matrix, Oppo BDP-103AU, Sony PS4, Mac Mini, Foxtel IQ3
Control: Roomie Remote
Amps: NAD T775 Receiver (7x100W RMS|2x150W RMS), NAD M51 DAC
post #46003 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I'm using RS-62ii for side surrounds mounted about 1 foot behind the seating and 1 foot above ear level.

For the rear speakers I have RB-81ii's. Probably could have gotten away with a smaller set of bookshelf or the 52ii? The 81ii are angled down slightly toward the MLP mounted about 6ft high on rear wall.

I think it sounds pretty good, but in saying that i haven't heard any other systems.

Like surround demos sound amazing, but some films or 5.1 films when using Dolby Digital Pro Logic IIx seem a bit lacking in surround effects, maybe its just the films. American Sniper was awesome I could hear the shots and all that from all directions.

Speakers: Klipsch RF-7ii LR, RC-64ii C, RS-62ii SL/R, RB-81ii RL/R, 1x R-115SW Subwoofer
Gear: Shinybow SB5645LCM 4x4 HDMI Matrix, Oppo BDP-103AU, Sony PS4, Mac Mini, Foxtel IQ3
post #46004 of 46012 Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Quote:
I hear you; my single Ultra in my large room puts out tremendous bass! I'm thinking of adding a second Ultra, but this time going with a cylinder, PC-13 Ultra. Make sure to let me know how the PSA's compare and sound. I'm sure they will be awesome.
I wanted to get a PB-Ultra but here in AU, would of set me back $3,200. Then I would of wanted two of them...

I originally had 2 x Yamaha YST-SW1500, sold them for $800 when I seen that Klipsch were releasing the R-115SW and I read the review from imagic and any other information I could find online. Few reviews on Amazon as well all positive. So I took a chance and bought one for $1,600 then got a second for $1,300. Have them stacked and I'm pretty impressed with them so far.

post #46005 of 46012 Old Today, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Quote:
I hear you; my single Ultra in my large room puts out tremendous bass! I'm thinking of adding a second Ultra, but this time going with a cylinder, PC-13 Ultra. Make sure to let me know how the PSA's compare and sound. I'm sure they will be awesome.
I wanted to get a PB-Ultra but here in AU, would of set me back $3,200. Then I would of wanted two of them...

I originally had 2 x Yamaha YST-SW1500, sold them for $800 when I seen that Klipsch were releasing the R-115SW and I read the review from imagic and any other information I could find online. Few reviews on Amazon as well all positive. So I took a chance and bought one for $1,600 then got a second for $1,300. Have them stacked and I'm pretty impressed with them so far.
Unless you've got the subs maxed out on output and need the boost from acoustic coupling, you might get better results spreading them out in the room, finding optimal placement via sub crawl or REW or something along those lines
post #46006 of 46012 Old Today, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
Have a pair of KB-15 that I got on sale during the holidays. Honestly they don't seem very good a lower volumes and get distorted when I play too loud. Not sure if it's my amp causing the problem, but most of the time I find myself using my headphones.
What receiver are you using? Where are they placed? Do you have them toed in towards your listening position? Just trying to gather some info to see if we can help make the speakers sound better for you
post #46007 of 46012 Old Today, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
What receiver are you using? Where are they placed? Do you have them toed in towards your listening position? Just trying to gather some info to see if we can help make the speakers sound better for you
Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-819H. I'm using them as computer speakers so I have them set up in a 3 ft equilateral triangle with each speaker angled towards my head. I also have them on stands so the tweeters are at ear level although the stands are just blocks of wood so I'm not sure if that could cause some trouble although I don't notice them moving around when I play at high volumes. I'm not 100% of the quality of my receiver since I found it as a used item at a speaker place near my house.
post #46008 of 46012 Old Today, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well they are still toed in, when I am sitting in the MLP and looking at each speaker, I can slightly see the inner side of the speaker. Just not directly facing the MLP to an exact point but more so a point about a foot behind your head when seated. I tried having less toe in and way more toe in to get an idea of the sound. Pointing just behind the head I think is the best bet.
Exactly how I pictured it! Right now I'm unable to see any of the inner speaker, so they are direct on. I will try toeing them out just slightly from there and see what I think.

SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
post #46009 of 46012 Old Today, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
Quote:
Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-819H. I'm using them as computer speakers so I have them set up in a 3 ft equilateral triangle with each speaker angled towards my head. I also have them on stands so the tweeters are at ear level although the stands are just blocks of wood so I'm not sure if that could cause some trouble although I don't notice them moving around when I play at high volumes. I'm not 100% of the quality of my receiver since I found it as a used item at a speaker place near my house.
I would guess the Receiver is fine. Have you run the receiver's calibration? That might help if it corrects for something in the sound you don't like. If on the other hand you're already running the MCACC software, try it without, sometimes. Calibration software can also degrade the sound. Are you having issues with not enough bass (or the sound isn't "full" enough), or are the issues higher in the frequency spectrum?
post #46010 of 46012 Old Today, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Exactly how I pictured it! Right now I'm unable to see any of the inner speaker, so they are direct on. I will try toeing them out just slightly from there and see what I think.
I actually used a laser attached to the inner side of the right and left speaker and pointed it to the back of the couch where I sit. The right speaker points right of center about 8 inches and the left points left of center about 8 inches (if facing the MLP from the front speakers) with about a foot and a half between the two laser points.
ILOVEMYHDTV likes this.

Klipsch RF-7 II, RC64 II, RS62 II
Klipsch R-115SW & Velodyne FSR-15 SW
McIntosh MC205 Amplifier (200W plus X5)
McIntosh MX151 A/V Control Center
Sony KDL-60NX810 TV
OPPO BDP-95 Blu-Ray
post #46011 of 46012 Unread Today, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

This is the mount, mounts rather, that I'm going to use to hang my RS-52's in the rear positions. My kitchen opens up to my living room and it goes from 10' ceilings to 20', so I'm going to mount them at the end of the kitchen from the ceiling. Unfortunately, the original mounts I bought, which were touted as full tilt and swivel, only really tilted, they swiveled from the mounting bracket. Had to get the second set to swivel left and right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150729_18_22_21_Pro.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	857890  

SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
post #46012 of 46012 Unread Today, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I would guess the Receiver is fine. Have you run the receiver's calibration? That might help if it corrects for something in the sound you don't like. If on the other hand you're already running the MCACC software, try it without, sometimes. Calibration software can also degrade the sound. Are you having issues with not enough bass (or the sound isn't "full" enough), or are the issues higher in the frequency spectrum?
It didn't come with the mic for MCACC set up so I pretty much just have the receiver at stock settings. I want to get a mic so I can use it, but I can't find the replacement part for my receiver. There's this (http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...uctNum=APM7008) but my receiver model doesn't seem to be listed there. I'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to audio. The best way I can explain it is that I feel like there's a lot of details in the music/movies/games that I'm not hearing through my speakers but I can hear just fine with my headphones (DT 770 Pro).
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page