Klipsch owner thread - Page 1535 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #46021 of 46024 Old Today, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 505
CALL Acoustic Sound Design & see what the will sell you a new (with warranty) one for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46022 of 46024 Old Today, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Question about the RC II series: are these 2 way or 2.5 way crossovers?
post #46023 of 46024 Old Today, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
If you haven't/can't run the auto calibration, at the very least you need to set speaker distances (use a tape measure and measure the distance from each speaker to the MLP) and speaker trim levels (you'll need an SPL meter for this). You can use an SPL meter app on a smartphone in a pinch, just realize that they aren't very accurate but will work fine for setting the relative levels of the speakers.
Okay I'll try to mess around with it later tonight. Quick question though on the speaker set up page for my receiver it has me choose if my speakers are large or small. What should I set it as? These speakers aren't exactly small, but I'm not sure if large would be considered floor stand speakers though.
post #46024 of 46024 Old Today, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
If you haven't/can't run the auto calibration, at the very least you need to set speaker distances (use a tape measure and measure the distance from each speaker to the MLP) and speaker trim levels (you'll need an SPL meter for this). You can use an SPL meter app on a smartphone in a pinch, just realize that they aren't very accurate but will work fine for setting the relative levels of the speakers.
Okay I'll try to mess around with it later tonight. Quick question though on the speaker set up page for my receiver it has me choose if my speakers are large or small. What should I set it as? These speakers aren't exactly small, but I'm not sure if large would be considered floor stand speakers though.
You don't have a subwoofer in the system, correct? Then you should set them as large (which simply means they will be sent a full range signal rather than the lowest frequencies of the front signal getting sent to the subwoofer).

Here is a mic that should work. Too pricey though, in my opinion: http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...000300100%2DIL

As far as missing detail, part of that is simply the difference between headphones and speakers. Headphones isolate the sound, speakers interact with the room, the air, their own cabinet, etc, and in general I find it harder to dial in the ideal volume for speakers vs. headphones. That said, there's a certain live feel, presence, and impact speakers deliver that headphones can't quite replicate, and I think both good headphones and good speakers elucidate detail, just in different ways. Part of why you don't like them may simply be that you're more used to headphones. If you avoided the headphones for a couple weeks and solely listened to the speakers, you might start to notice more of the detail they offer without being on the constant lookout for the details your headphones have that your speakers don't, and when you go back to your headphones you might begin to appreciate both more. Or you might feel exactly the same as you do now.

A sub might also help give you back some detail in the low end that you're missing with your bookshelves, since good headphones generally do clear bass well, and bookshelves generally can't get that low (laws of physics are a hell of an obstacle).

Lastly, if you put some shipping foam between your speakers and their stands, that would guarantee the stands aren't hurting your sound quality; and if you can pay any fabric or foam on what I assume is a hard computer desk it might help better resolve detail, if there are any reflections off the desk hurting sound quality.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black