Klipsch owner thread - Page 1535 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #46021 of 46036 Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 505
CALL Acoustic Sound Design & see what the will sell you a new (with warranty) one for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46022 of 46036 Old 07-30-2015, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Question about the RC II series: are these 2 way or 2.5 way crossovers?
post #46023 of 46036 Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
If you haven't/can't run the auto calibration, at the very least you need to set speaker distances (use a tape measure and measure the distance from each speaker to the MLP) and speaker trim levels (you'll need an SPL meter for this). You can use an SPL meter app on a smartphone in a pinch, just realize that they aren't very accurate but will work fine for setting the relative levels of the speakers.
Okay I'll try to mess around with it later tonight. Quick question though on the speaker set up page for my receiver it has me choose if my speakers are large or small. What should I set it as? These speakers aren't exactly small, but I'm not sure if large would be considered floor stand speakers though.
post #46024 of 46036 Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
If you haven't/can't run the auto calibration, at the very least you need to set speaker distances (use a tape measure and measure the distance from each speaker to the MLP) and speaker trim levels (you'll need an SPL meter for this). You can use an SPL meter app on a smartphone in a pinch, just realize that they aren't very accurate but will work fine for setting the relative levels of the speakers.
Okay I'll try to mess around with it later tonight. Quick question though on the speaker set up page for my receiver it has me choose if my speakers are large or small. What should I set it as? These speakers aren't exactly small, but I'm not sure if large would be considered floor stand speakers though.
You don't have a subwoofer in the system, correct? Then you should set them as large (which simply means they will be sent a full range signal rather than the lowest frequencies of the front signal getting sent to the subwoofer).

Here is a mic that should work. Too pricey though, in my opinion: http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...000300100%2DIL

As far as missing detail, part of that is simply the difference between headphones and speakers. Headphones isolate the sound, speakers interact with the room, the air, their own cabinet, etc, and in general I find it harder to dial in the ideal volume for speakers vs. headphones. That said, there's a certain live feel, presence, and impact speakers deliver that headphones can't quite replicate, and I think both good headphones and good speakers elucidate detail, just in different ways. Part of why you don't like them may simply be that you're more used to headphones. If you avoided the headphones for a couple weeks and solely listened to the speakers, you might start to notice more of the detail they offer without being on the constant lookout for the details your headphones have that your speakers don't, and when you go back to your headphones you might begin to appreciate both more. Or you might feel exactly the same as you do now.

A sub might also help give you back some detail in the low end that you're missing with your bookshelves, since good headphones generally do clear bass well, and bookshelves generally can't get that low (laws of physics are a hell of an obstacle).

Lastly, if you put some shipping foam between your speakers and their stands, that would guarantee the stands aren't hurting your sound quality; and if you can pay any fabric or foam on what I assume is a hard computer desk it might help better resolve detail, if there are any reflections off the desk hurting sound quality.
post #46025 of 46036 Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone here own the RP-250C? Which L&R are you using with it?
post #46026 of 46036 Old Today, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Need some advice. I currently have a 5.1 setup. I am updating my original Quintets. I have purchased a pair of RB-51's and an RC-52 for my LRC for @$300 used and am beyond thrilled. I am looking now to replace the back surround Quintets and originally looked to another pair of RB-51's, but because I would be putting them in actual bookshelves it looks like I need something front ported. So I've been looking for a pair RS-42's but am finding them hard to find and just out of my budget. I am in Kentucky and there is a Klipsch shop in New Albany IN (just west of Louisville) that has a nice looking pair of RB-25's for $200. I have heard good things about the 25's and see they are front ported. Any thoughts on how they would match up with my front end? Also on replacing the KSW-10 subwoofer, I just read good things about the Hsu VTF-1 MK2 for $459, any other thoughts on options in that price range?
Many Thanks
DLDukes
post #46027 of 46036 Old Today, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Anyone here own the RP-250C? Which L&R are you using with it?
I'm using an RP-250C with RF-250Fs. Prior to this, I was using an RF-52 with an RC-52ii, which have now been moved to a second room. My primary room is 13' wide by 15' deep. I'm powering these with a Parasound A52, which is a bit overkill.

Sony XBR65x850B
Marantz SR6007 > Parasound A52 > Klipsch RP-250F, RP-250C, RS-42ii, RP-140SA
Oppo 103, Tivo Roamio, Schiit Gungnir, Rega RP-40 w/ 2M Black > Musical Fidelity M1LPS
post #46028 of 46036 Old Today, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoUser View Post
I'm using an RP-250C with RF-250Fs. Prior to this, I was using an RF-52 with an RC-52ii, which have now been moved to a second room. My primary room is 13' wide by 15' deep. I'm powering these with a Parasound A52, which is a bit overkill.
I'm wanting to get RP260s and a RP250C since I can't fit anything bigger in my TV stand. I currently have RF62II and still in the box RC62II. I never used it since it couldn't fit in the stand and I refuse to wall mount my TV. Room is 20x20x12 and it is open to the kitchen. This room is mostly used for watching directv so I will only have a 3.1 system.
post #46029 of 46036 Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoUser View Post
How do like the rp250c? I'll be going from a 2.1 to a 3.1 so guess any center is better than no center. These will be powered by a Denon X4100 or Pioneer sc-85.
post #46030 of 46036 Old Today, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
I'm wanting to get RP260s and a RP250C since I can't fit anything bigger in my TV stand. I currently have RF62II and still in the box RC62II. I never used it since it couldn't fit in the stand and I refuse to wall mount my TV. Room is 20x20x12 and it is open to the kitchen. This room is mostly used for watching directv so I will only have a 3.1 system.
Your room is big it is so bad you can't keep RC-62II and want to go with smaller center. How about to build shelf on top of your TV stand so you can keep center and have TV on top of that shelf. Depense what kind of TV stand do you have. It is alway chalenge with those big centers to find right TV stand.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #46031 of 46036 Old Today, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
How do like the rp250c? I'll be going from a 2.1 to a 3.1 so guess any center is better than no center. These will be powered by a Denon X4100 or Pioneer sc-85.
I love the 250C, though I'd prefer a wider center simply to increase center sound stage width. However, my turntable sits on top of the AV stand so the center sits on a dedicated center shelf. The 250C is small enough to fit with about a .5" clearance on either side. When I upgraded my AV cabinet, I was forced to upgrade my center, as the RC-52ii was about a .25" too wide for the new cabinet.

Sony XBR65x850B
Marantz SR6007 > Parasound A52 > Klipsch RP-250F, RP-250C, RS-42ii, RP-140SA
Oppo 103, Tivo Roamio, Schiit Gungnir, Rega RP-40 w/ 2M Black > Musical Fidelity M1LPS
post #46032 of 46036 Old Today, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Your room is big it is so bad you can't keep RC-62II and want to go with smaller center. How about to build shelf on top of your TV stand so you can keep center and have TV on top of that shelf. Depense what kind of TV stand do you have. It is alway chalenge with those big centers to find right TV stand.
I thought about doing that, but really don't like the way the center looks on top of the TV. I used to have a Jamo system which included the Jamo c60 center. That center was ok. The RP250C will hopefully sound noticeably better.
post #46033 of 46036 Old Today, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
I thought about doing that, but really don't like the way the center looks on top of the TV. I used to have a Jamo system which included the Jamo c60 center. That center was ok. The RP250C will hopefully sound noticeably better.
Understand but my idea was add shelf on TV stand and still have center under TV. Sonetimes is also better to get new TV stand then upgrade all speakers a specially if you betting same or almost same one. What kind of TV stand do you have?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #46034 of 46036 Old Today, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Understand but my idea was add shelf on TV stand and still have center under TV. Sonetimes is also better to get new TV stand then upgrade all speakers a specially if you betting same or almost same one. What kind of TV stand do you have?
I've thought about buying a different stand, but the only stands that I've found cost about $2k. That's probably what my 3.1 speakers will cost. Not worth it IMO. This is the stand I have now. I'll be changing it out later to something nicer, but I still won't be able to fit a big center.

http://www.techcraft.net/4105/detail...ategory_id=281
post #46035 of 46036 Unread Today, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
which will be best for home theater?

Klipsch RP-280F or RF7II?

i already have a subwoofer (vtf15h)
post #46036 of 46036 Unread Today, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by banyar View Post
which will be best for home theater?

Klipsch RP-280F or RF7II?

i already have a subwoofer (vtf15h)
Bigger is better.... RF-7 II's.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page