Klipsch owner thread - Page 1536 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #46051 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm interested in the Klipsch Premiere series
But I've noticed that the center speakers do not have biwire connections, only singlewire
The floorstanders have biwire, so why not the centers?
Would that not mean that the sound from the center would be a bit worse compared to the floorstanders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46052 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post
I'm interested in the Klipsch Premiere series
But I've noticed that the center speakers do not have biwire connections, only singlewire
The floorstanders have biwire, so why not the centers?
Would that not mean that the sound from the center would be a bit worse compared to the floorstanders?
All of those speakers only need a single set of wires going to them. On the towers make sure the jumpers between +/+ and -/- are in place and you should be good to go.
post #46053 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Does anyone know the dispersion pattern for the CDT-5800-C-II ceiling speakers? I can't find that information in the documentation. I'm considering them for Atmos. Thanks in advance!
post #46054 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
Does anyone know the dispersion pattern for the CDT-5800-C-II ceiling speakers? I can't find that information in the documentation. I'm considering them for Atmos. Thanks in advance!
Tweeter is 100 degrees, woofer is probably fine given how woofers radiate in general, though it crosses at 2230 Hz which is a little high, so it might start beaming near crossover, I'm not sure
post #46055 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Tweeter is 100 degrees, woofer is probably fine given how woofers radiate in general, though it crosses at 2230 Hz which is a little high, so it might start beaming near crossover, I'm not sure
Anyone else looking to do Atmos with Klipsch? If so, what do you plan to use?
post #46056 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Assuming you meant La Scala II for Front L & R, ideal would be 3 more LS II for Center & Surround; or LS II or Cornwall II or Heresy III Center, with Cornwall II or Heresy III Surround...

Sorry for my horrendously worded question...
Yes, I did mean the LaScalla II's, and it was the centre I was wondering about.
I'm measuring up now, but a LaScalla II as a centre will most likely block the projector screen.
Oh well, let's see what else I can come up with.
post #46057 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Klipsch Heritage with Ceiling Mounted Klipsch Pro...
post #46058 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnersfella View Post
Sorry for my horrendously worded question...
Yes, I did mean the LaScalla II's, and it was the centre I was wondering about.
I'm measuring up now, but a LaScalla II as a centre will most likely block the projector screen.
Oh well, let's see what else I can come up with.
Cornwall III or Heresy III would be my next choices, in that order, for Centre...

Last edited by SanchoPanza; Yesterday at 05:00 PM.
post #46059 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
I'm thinking I'm going to try bookshelves I can get very cheap, maybe R15Ms, and try them as upfiring modules (though I don't know how well that works with toe in) with something under the back to give them an appropriate angle. Sancho's idea of ceiling mounted speakers sounds pretty good too (I can't do any in ceiling in my rental), and I may try that as well.

Currently I run only 2.0 with R28Fs. I'm considering getting a center, possibly a KPT 8060H, which I would mount right above my tv, but I have to measure and make sure it will fit above a prospective tv upgrade and actually sit in the center (the stairway is behind the tv so it's an angled wall). If money weren't an issue i would go for an RC64II and set the tv on top, but that's not in the cards right now. In any case I'm very happy with phantom center with my recent toe in improvements. I would like to add surrounds but there are a couple issues holding me back at the moment (chairs in the back corners of the room and localization/dominance, roommates opinions on wires running across the walls or ceilings), and subs are a future purchase but my towers get low enough for me currently (and the cost of low hitting subs is somewhat prohibitive vs the gain I predict, much like an RC64II with my current phantom image).

Sorry for telling my life story haha.
post #46060 of 46071 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
I'm going to mount four RS-42II to the ceiling. It's a bit unconventional, but at least one other member has done so and was happy with the result. As bipoles, they offer great dispersion so should meet the need nicely, and you can get RS42II cheap on clearance.

Edit: here's the start of the other members posts on using RS-42 on the ceiling... Klipsch owner thread

Last edited by virtualrain; Yesterday at 06:49 PM.
post #46061 of 46071 Old Today, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Definetally a third La Scala II as center; the Heresy III won't sound as dynamic.
For surrounds, KPT series (Cinema lineup) work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnersfella View Post
Sorry if this has been asked previously...
But what current model Klipsch would you pair with a LaScallaIII 5.1 theatre system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Assuming you meant La Scala II for Front L & R, ideal would be 3 more LS II for Center & Surround; or LS II or Cornwall II or Heresy III Center, with Cornwall II or Heresy III Surround...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
If you're asking center speaker...LaScala II

If you're able to swing surrounds...I'd bet lunch you could get by with LaScala 'I' however, it would look nicer with II's in there.

I once heard a 7.? LaScala system.

Stunning? Stupendous? Incredible? all strike me as insufficient words to describe it. He didn't have the II's, but the original style.

post #46062 of 46071 Old Today, 07:17 AM

Bipoles and Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
I'm going to mount four RS-42II to the ceiling. It's a bit unconventional, but at least one other member has done so and was happy with the result. As bipoles, they offer great dispersion so should meet the need nicely, and you can get RS42II cheap on clearance.

Edit: here's the start of the other members posts on using RS-42 on the ceiling... Klipsch owner thread
If you mention bipoles in the Atmos threads, some will tell you that monopoles are required for Atmos. Others will say that monopoles are preferred for Atmos. The whole thing has me confused. For example, when I try to think about it logically, monopoles make sense in a large theater because there are many side surrounds. That way they could pinpoint sounds anywhere down the long wall. In a home theater environment, with just one side surround on each side, I'm not sure that monopoles would be best...especially with two rows of seats. Unfortunately, I can't find anything in writing from Dolby addressing this. I think that early adopters may do some things less that optimal due to the lack of documentation for the types of rooms that are used for home theaters. The Erskine group will provide the information from their testing but it is fairly expensive. If anyone has some good information in regard to this, please direct me to it.

Last edited by Romans828; Today at 07:25 AM.
post #46063 of 46071 Old Today, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
.... In a home theater environment, with just one side surround on each side, I'm not sure that monopoles would be best...especially with two rows of seats. ...
If this is your scenario I would go with the bipoles for two rows of seating.
post #46064 of 46071 Old Today, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't find anything in writing from Dolby addressing this.
Commercial theaters are arguably more physically and acoustically alike than different and where the application of 3D sound has matured and been well documented. OTOH, 3D sound in the home (far too many variables) environment is quite the opposite.

Quote:
I think that early adopters may do some things less that optimal due to the lack of documentation for the types of rooms that are used for home theaters.
You are probably correct to some extent and have answered your own questions. The Dolby Atmos Home Theater Installation Guidelines appear to address only the mass consumer in typical home living room spaces...MLP on a sofa. For us early adopters with a dedicated theater space and multiple seating rows, answers are typically found through experimentation. I currently have bipoles positioned between my two rows.

Quote:
If anyone has some good information in regard to this, please direct me to it.
Likely mostly forthcoming...we don't know what we don't know yet.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85

Last edited by gene4ht; Today at 10:36 AM.
post #46065 of 46071 Old Today, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I need some advice on an potential RF-7 II purchase...

In my basement, I'm currently running a pair of RF-52 with an RC-52ii off an Onkyo TX-SR608. The RF-52s do not fill the space in the basement, but as its a secondary system, I haven't been worried about it. I've been considering picking up a pair of RF-82ii and moving the 52s to surrounds.

I found a great deal on some RF-7 IIs though, so now I'm considering those instead of the RF-82ii. I have a spare Rega Brio-R I could use off the zone 2 out of the Onkyo if the Onkyo's amps don't sound great with the RF-7 IIs. Though I'm primarily concerned with 2-channel performance, so maybe the Onkyo would be sufficient?

Any recommendations?

Sony XBR65x850B
Marantz SR6007 > Parasound A52 > Klipsch RP-250F, RP-250C, RS-42ii, RP-140SA
Oppo 103, Tivo Roamio, Schiit Gungnir, Rega RP-40 w/ 2M Black > Musical Fidelity M1LPS
post #46066 of 46071 Old Today, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoUser View Post

In my basement, I'm currently running a pair of RF-52 with an RC-52ii off an Onkyo TX-SR608. The RF-52s do not fill the space in the basement, but as its a secondary system, I haven't been worried about it. I've been considering picking up a pair of RF-82ii and moving the 52s to surrounds.

I found a great deal on some RF-7 IIs though, so now I'm considering those instead of the RF-82ii. I have a spare Rega Brio-R I could use off the zone 2 out of the Onkyo if the Onkyo's amps don't sound great with the RF-7 IIs. Though I'm primarily concerned with 2-channel performance, so maybe the Onkyo would be sufficient?

Any recommendations?
Onkyo will do great with RF-7II, all those Klipsch are easy to drive, don't need much power. If you can get RF-7II go for it I just sold RF-82II's and bought RF-7II's. It is just next level speaker compare to rest in both build quality and sound!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #46067 of 46071 Old Today, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I have seen the light!!. slowly converting my Home theater to all vintage klipsch full range speakers. Even switching the rear surrounds to full range klipsch. the cohesiveness imo just cant be matched when sending the lows to a sub. btw, each speaker will go to 35hz no problem and three passive radiators vibrating at the same time is a sweet thing. And, compared to my subs at the same range(30hz) the waterfall decay rate is much quicker resulting in a tighter sound.

Alan P likes this.
post #46068 of 46071 Old Today, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hi. I am curently having a monitor audio bx speakers...bx6 as front, bx center, bx1 as FH and bxfx as surrounds...i am playing with thought of selling them and change it for new klipsch REFERENCE premier line RP 250 (front), 250c, 150 (FH) and RP 240 or 250 as surrounds...has anyone go from monitor audio to klipsch? What can i expect about sound quality? I guess that if i push them they might sound less distorted since they have a high sensivity and also the sr7008 would drive them easy...and aslo they would be crossed over at 80hz to 2xsb13ultra

Marantz sr7008, monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx,bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654
post #46069 of 46071 Old Today, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Onkyo will do great with RF-7II, all those Klipsch are easy to drive, don't need much power. If you can get RF-7II go for it I just sold RF-82II's and bought RF-7II's. It is just next level speaker compare to rest in both build quality and sound!!!
Agree totally with Retro124's comments....if at all possible, get the RF-7II's. I currently drive RF-7II's alternatively with Onkyo 809 and 636 to near reference levels in a 4800 cu ft space without issue.
retro124 likes this.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #46070 of 46071 Old Today, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoUser View Post

Any recommendations?
I agree about going RF-7II if you can and moving the RF-52s to surrounds. If your main consideration is 2 channel, you may not need the RC-64II, but it will sound better than what you have now for 5.1+ material, but the cost to benefit ratio should be considered...

Insofar as running an external amp...It's sort of funny how things change on this thread but I will give you my opinion. After you have everything setup correctly use an SPL meter to see how loud you like it and where that fits in with the Main Volume on your AVR...If it starts to distort or you want it louder you may very well benefit from an external amp.
post #46071 of 46071 Unread Today, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
If it starts to distort or you want it louder you may very well benefit from an external amp.
I Agree but with my X4000 never had issue it is not loud enough or had distort. Maybe it can be situations where this can show up but I did not come across that yet.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page