Klipsch owner thread - Page 1547 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #46381 of 46386 Old Today, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaaziz View Post
Hi. Here is another newbie who is seeking the advice of the seniors around. Can I use 2 of Klipsch rp 150M as a surround speakers in a 5.1 system with the 2 rp-260F plus the r-110sw.
Can this system be powered efficiently by Onkyo tx-nr646.
The reason I am asking is that there an offer on this package which ironically does not include any surround speakers. The cost is less than 2000 USD
Have a nice weekend.
Absolutely. The RP150M is the best timbre match to the RP-260F as they are from the same line. It's not as important to have your surround speakers match but it doesn't hurt. That receiver should work just fine for your application.

Marantz SR-5007 Klipsch WF-35, WC-24, WB-14 theater
Marantz 2325 Klipsch Forte ii stereo
SVS PB-2000
LG 55LN5600
Sony PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46382 of 46386 Old Today, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I bought a pair of RP150 for my front presence speakers
These little units sound great so to use them as surrounds would a good choice
post #46383 of 46386 Old Today, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaF17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Not much difference aside from looks to my knowledge, based on specs and design, though I could of course be wrong (the newer model may feature slightly improved drivers or crossovers). Same could be said of the bookshelves, the KB15s, which Amazon has for 130 currently.
Wow. Thanks. Did not see those on Amazon.

So, I could get a pair of the KB15's for $130:
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-KB-15-.../dp/B00AS3X740

Two KF-28's for $360 ($180 each):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6200003&cm_sp=

The KC-25 for $150:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6200005&cm_sp=

This totals $640 with no tax and free shipping.

This compares to $775 for the RF-28 line, assuming I get everything 50% off at Best Buy on Black Friday.

Then I spend $500 for the SVS PB1000 sub, get 4 speaker ceilings, and a receiver, and I'm set for 5.1.4.

The deal on these Icons too good to pass up?
I would go for it, but maybe hold off on the CC right now. Those towers are just a large step above the center in my opinion. You could go phantom center for a while (the left and right channels will split the center content). A good way to try out whether the Icon center will live up to the towers is to try one of the bookshelves you'd get for surrounds on its side under the display (or wherever you would put the center channel). Cross over at 80 or 90hz, as that's where the center would cross (it only goes to 83Hz -3db if I'm not mistaken). That would be a rough approximation of what the center would sound like. If you have the room, try the bookshelf standing up, many consider a vertical center the best plan (either a bookshelf or tower; matching towers across the front are often considered the best front soundstage). I'd do this before pulling the trigger on the center, unless returns will be easy (i don't know if the center is sold through Amazon or a third party).

But that's just me, I'm sure some folks will be perfectly fine with the center (it obviously did well enough to be continued into the new Reference series). I'm happy I held off on a center for a bit until the right opportunity came up, since I can't fit a third tower in the center right now.
post #46384 of 46386 Old Today, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Otherwise I think your overall plan is good. If you want immersive sound right out of the gate, go for it. I'm taking a much slower path there, but I have similar long term system ambitions (I'm thinking a minidsp and sub are next though).
post #46385 of 46386 Old Today, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just received today Emo XPA-200 so my RF-7II's got a pure 100% juice ( not from a concentrate) :-).
Just quick test but can't tell different before and now but didn't had a chance to go crazy loud but I got 2 extra channels on AVR power for Zone 2 now.
Congrats Retro! I suspect the 7's will sustain excellent clarity when cranked to higher levels...let us know.
retro124 likes this.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #46386 of 46386 Old Today, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Congrats Retro! I suspect the 7's will sustain excellent clarity when cranked to higher levels...let us know.
Thank you Gene, will see I was disappointed ( or my ears ) before with XPA-3 and RF-82/62 so I sold it. Now with RF-7/64 and XPA-200 maybe little different story so towers have real power just in case. It was a catch for $200 and 3 years warranty left sounds like a sweet deal.
I will definitelly let you know.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black