Klipsch owner thread - Page 1549 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #46441 of 46456 Unread 09-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14 View Post
Anyone here have the R-14s surround speaker? I can't find any reviews online. How does it perform? Is it a good speaker?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard it, though only for a limited time and not in my own home. I honestly can't give impressions because I hardly remember the sound of them. I'm actually thinking of picking a pair up soon, so I might be able to give you a better impression soon. If you can find reviews for the KS14 speakers, they're essentially the same speaker.
johnofarch14 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #46442 of 46456 Unread 09-02-2015, 10:30 PM

Found this review which includes the R14S: http://www.areadvd.de/tests/test-kli...5cr-14ssw-112/

It's in German, but Chrome translates it well enough to get the gist. Pretty high praise in that article. Out of curiosity, what fronts are you pairing them with?
johnofarch14 likes this.
post #46443 of 46456 Unread 09-02-2015, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Found this review which includes the R14S: http://www.areadvd.de/tests/test-kli...5cr-14ssw-112/

It's in German, but Chrome translates it well enough to get the gist. Pretty high praise in that article. Out of curiosity, what fronts are you pairing them with?

Hi thank you! I am pairing it with an older speakers, RC-3 center, RF-3 fronts and newer R-14m front heights and surround back, all i'm missing is the surround sides.

ILOVEMYHDTV and malmstump like this.
post #46444 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 12:05 PM
EM3

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just curious I have RB fronts and was wondering if anyone has paired the Atmos add-ons with these? I was looking for impressions and thoughts before I pull the trigger.

The sky is pink it's time to drink!
post #46445 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Some decent sale pricing on walnut RF7ii and RC64ii on Amazon right now. I'm very tempted but my wife would not approve.
The actual seller on Amazon is Acoustic Sound Design. I just tried to call them but both their phone numbers (local and 888) are "not in service". Does anyone know why that could be the case?
post #46446 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I just purchased a new R-115SW to compliment my SW-115 purchased last year. The new one with the copper cone will go at the front of my room (where the SW-115 is now), the old one with a WA-2 wireless module will go to the back of the room (opposite corner).

This will be my first experience with dual subs. Is anyone else here running dual Klipsch subs? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer on what to watch out for.
post #46447 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by liloatavs View Post
The actual seller on Amazon is Acoustic Sound Design. I just tried to call them but both their phone numbers (local and 888) are "not in service". Does anyone know why that could be the case?
Their number is 888.224.3663, or you can email info@acousticsounddesign.com. I would just go direct instead of going through Amazon.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #46448 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
I just purchased a new R-115SW to compliment my SW-115 purchased last year. The new one with the copper cone will go at the front of my room (where the SW-115 is now), the old one with a WA-2 wireless module will go to the back of the room (opposite corner).

This will be my first experience with dual subs. Is anyone else here running dual Klipsch subs? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer on what to watch out for.

Congrats to your new sub. This new 15" Klipsch sub looks amazing and have really nice reviews. Let us know how do you like it and enjoy.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #46449 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Some decent sale pricing on walnut RF7ii and RC64ii on Amazon right now.
Quote:
To my knowledge, the walnut finish is exclusive to World Wide Stereo...who also sells through Amazon. You may want to try calling WWS direct as well.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #46450 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Their number is 888.224.3663, or you can email info@acousticsounddesign.com. I would just go direct instead of going through Amazon.
That's the number I dialed. The call goes through one redirect and then one gets a "number not in use" message.
post #46451 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
To my knowledge, the walnut finish is exclusive to World Wide Stereo...who also sells through Amazon. You may want to try calling WWS direct as well.
Amazon actually gives you the name of the real seller RF-7II (walnut) page on Amazon says: "Sold by AcousticSoundDesign Home Theater Experts and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available".

It could b just a fluke. I also thought that perhaps ASD decided to get rid of their own store and just use Amazon.

I checked WWStereo too. They still have these speakers but no discount.
post #46452 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Amazon actually gives you the name of the real seller RF-7II (walnut) page on Amazon says: "Sold by AcousticSoundDesign Home Theater Experts and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available".
Hmmm...don't have an explanation for that.

Quote:
It could b just a fluke. I also thought that perhaps ASD decided to get rid of their own store and just use Amazon.
I just spoke with Michael at ASD yesterday and they are very much in business. BTW: I just dialed the 888.224.3663 number and got ASD's voicemail message. Perhaps there is a problem with phone lines/towers in your area?

Quote:
I checked WWStereo too. They still have these speakers but no discount.
Did you visit their website or speak with a salesperson? In my experience with all dealers, websites typically display MLP while sales personnel will quote more favorable pricing.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-52 II. MICCA: M-8C (Atmos)
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #46453 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
I work in IT and there's a nation wide interruption for 800 numbers. That might be causing the problem. Just about every 800 number is out of service.

Last edited by ch1sox; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.
post #46454 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post

I'm running dual R-115SW and am very happy with the performance. Room is roughly 4.4m wide, 7m long. I probably have not set them up the best, I think a few posts back there was a guide on some steps to setting up dual subwoofers.

I did a sub crawl which suggested the original positions I had them were very bad. I had them near the RF-7ii about 1/3 into the room on the left and right. Projector screen is too big so I can't sit them anywhere else at the front.

From the sub crawl, suggested the rear right of the room just next to the door. Put one there and done a few measurements with AudioTools on iOS. Looked ok, moved MLP so it is now 3/4 back into the room improved response at around 25-30Hz.

I level matched both subwoofers before running audyssey. From memory I believe the gain controls were different on them each to reach the target SPL I was aiming for, I think 76dB. I tried a few times and got it so Audyssey set the subwoofer level at around -6dB. After which I run them hot +3dB (so -3dB)

The second subwoofer, I gave up trying to find another ideal location, I couldn't do them both opposite sides of the middle or center of the room due to the seating and screen. In the end I stacked the second on top.

Edit: Dual stacked R-115SW with the grills off looks pretty mean!

I may revisit but I'm pretty happy with response and how they perform. You can feel the seating vibrate 20-30Hz and the effect goes right through you, then the ceiling starts to creek and walls etc as the frequency goes up. Can't hear this during a movie of coarse but I'm just happy you get that deep bass sensation and impact during movies etc.

I don't have any experience with the ID brand subwoofers. The only subwoofers I owned prior to upgrading to the Klipsch were 2 12" Yamaha YST-SW1500's and they were ok for music but the R-115SW's blow them away. I upgraded to the Klipsch since they match nicely with the other reference speakers and they received much praise from the various reviews online.

Like to know how you find them once you have them setup

Speakers: Klipsch RF-7ii LR, RC-64ii C, RS-62ii SL/R, RB-81ii RL/R, 1x R-115SW Subwoofer
Display: Sony VPL-HW40ES, 140" Evo 4K Screen
Gear: Shinybow SB5645LCM 4x4 HDMI Matrix, Oppo BDP-103AU, Sony PS4, Mac Mini, Foxtel IQ3
Control: Roomie Remote
Amps: NAD T775 Receiver (7x100W RMS|2x150W RMS), NAD M51 DAC
post #46455 of 46456 Unread Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
I work in IT and there's a nation wide interruption for 800 numbers. That might be causing the problem. Just about every 800 number is out of service.
Thanks for information. That's probably it. I'll try calling tomorrow.
post #46456 of 46456 Unread Today, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post

Hi thank you! I am pairing it with an older speakers, RC-3 center, RF-3 fronts and newer R-14m front heights and surround back, all i'm missing is the surround sides.

How do you like the R14Ms as heights and surrounds now? If they match up fairly well, I say definitely go for the R14S, they will likely match as well as the R14Ms and give you the diffuse bipolar sound I take it you're looking for. Also potentially look at the KS14, very similar to the R14S, 99 bucks on NewEgg right now

Nice looking setup btw, nice job getting the center to almost the same tweeter height as the towers

Last edited by dkfan9; Today at 07:26 AM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black