Originally Posted by dmb12679
Please post pics of your set ups when complete. Congrats on some major purchases! I think they will sound amazing.
Some updated photos as of right now. When the amps arrive in Jan/Feb, I will post again.
Originally Posted by Robbiey60
Thanks for the info, thats 2 nice setups you have there and 1 very nice room!
Here is how they are set up right now. All the Klipsch speakers are approximately where they will wind up. I am waiting until the amps arrive (by the end of January or early February) before I measure everything and run Audyssey. Too much work to do it twice.
Some things that will change in the photos below...
1) All wires will be cut to the right length and hidden once I determine where I will place the amps. Right now, I think they may go in a Mid Atlantic rack or Sanus rack which will be placed behind the screen in the center of the room next to my center channel speaker (which is in transit). I hope to receive suggestions from everyone regarding if I should go with a rack or amp stands, and where you guys think that should be located.
2) The RF7 II which I will use for my center channel will go behind the acoustically transparent Elite screen. It will be centered between the left and right walls. The Monster Power (bottom shelf, left side), Denon X-5200W (bottom shelf, middle), PS4 (top shelf, left side), Amazon FireTV and External TV Tuner (top shelf, right side) will be placed in the rack along with the two amps. The RC-64 II center speaker in the photo below, TV stand and old Denon AVR (bottom shelf, right side) will all be removed from the room.
3) The RF7 IIs that I am using for my front mains will be moved just a little closer to the screen than shown in the photos below (they are between a 22-30 degrees angle to the center speaker as measure from the recliners). The RB81 IIs used as front heights will be right above the front mains (as shown in the photo below). The R-115SW front subs will remain in the front corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
4) I will build a shelf on the side walls to hold the RB81 IIs used as front wide speakers. So, they will be somewhere between by front subs and my side surrounds (at an angle between 55-60 degrees from my center speaker as measured from my recliners).
5) The RF7 IIs used as my side surrounds will stay where they are about two thirds of the distance from the front wall to the rear wall (slightly more than a 90 degree angle to the recliners). The R-115SW rear subs will remain in the rear corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
6) The RB81 IIs used as my rear surround will stay as they appear in the photo below.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
RC-64 II will be swapped out and replaced with one RF7 II - center channel which will be centered between the side walls. A Mid Atlantic or Sanus rack will be place on the right or left side of the center RF7 II and will hold both amps, the Denon X-5200W, the Monster Power, PS4, Amazon FireTV and External TV tuner. Wires will be hidden.
RF-7 IIs front main channel (will be moved closer to the screen), RB-81 II front height channel (will be right over the front mains), RB-81 II front wide channel (I will build a shelf on the side walls somewhere between the front subs and the side surrounds to hold these) and R-115SW front subs (will remain in the front corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
RF-7 IIs - side surround channels and R-115SW rear subs (will remain in the rear corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
RB-81 IIs - rear surround channels. Wires will be hidden.