Klipsch owner thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 40763 Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Member
 
The_Canuck_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of my TV - Louisville, KY
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rick I have the RC-52 paired with some RF-35's. I love it. Never had any complaints from anyone thats sat down and watched a movie. Don't know if I am missing something in your question or not, but will be happy to answer anything I can.
The_Canuck_1989 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible hand View Post

WolfsBane

Where's a good place to find an SPL? Radio shack no longer exists in Canada....and I'm not even sure what to buy, maybe something around $100. Is that enough? Should I get analogue or digital?

I picked up the following a few weeks ago and have yet to tweak it: RF-62, RC-62, RS-62, RW-12d.

And as for the Wife....I was able to swing some new HT gear because we bought her a new car (mine is 10yrs old). I now realize that if I want some new HT goodies I'll just have to bring home some diamonds or something else to daze and cloud her judgement. Works for me but makes the HT hobby twice as expensive.



Ours is an expensive passion...

Were you able to find an SPL meter?

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #453 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Wolfsbane, my new RC62 is waiting at home when I get out of work.. then I can really stretch the legs of the RF82.

My RC3 auction on ebay has under 2 days left now too.. so if anyone is interested, its a great speaker in great condition!
tgenius is offline  
post #454 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Member
 
Richie Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone own RVX-42. I am considering these for my HT setup. I have not had a chance to here them. I would like to get some feedback from those that have heard it and those who currently own them. Likes and dislikes, please. Any and all feedback/info is greatly appreciated.
Richie Rich is offline  
post #455 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Member
 
lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a pair of RF-52 reference IV floorstaders. Now, I am getting a deal on a RC-62 at the same price the matching RC-52 center is retailing for.
Should I get the RC-62 or stick with the RC-52 center which is recommended by Klipsch for these floorstanders ? Will the RC-62 be a mismatch basically ?
lynx is offline  
post #456 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Member
 
The_Canuck_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of my TV - Louisville, KY
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but I am not 100% sure. I have rf-35's with the rc-52, and don't notice a mismatch. There probably is a little bit, as the newer models seemed to have softened up the "horn" sound. But other than that I wouldn't think there would be an issue. Someone else might know better though. And if all else fails, give Klipsch a call. The couple times I have called, they have been very helpful.
The_Canuck_1989 is offline  
post #457 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post

I just purchased a pair of RF-52 reference IV floorstaders. Now, I am getting a deal on a RC-62 at the same price the matching RC-52 center is retailing for.
Should I get the RC-62 or stick with the RC-52 center which is recommended by Klipsch for these floorstanders ? Will the RC-62 be a mismatch basically ?

It's in the same line. The RC-62 is a heck of a center. And it will give you the flexibility of being upgrade ready if you latter decide to step up to the next two size of floorstands. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #458 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Wolfsbane, my new RC62 is waiting at home when I get out of work.. then I can really stretch the legs of the RF82.

My RC3 auction on ebay has under 2 days left now too.. so if anyone is interested, its a great speaker in great condition!

So... RF-82 mains, RC-62 center, and RB-61 backs....

Lord help the neighborhood....

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #459 of 40763 Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

So... RF-82 mains, RC-62 center, and RB-61 backs....

Lord help the neighborhood....

I really gotta tune it... but the clarity on the audio is something else let me tell you, crystal clear so far. I am waiting for my SACD Dark Side of the Moon, which I think will be a very good indication of how good they can sound
tgenius is offline  
post #460 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,417
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post

I just purchased a pair of RF-52 reference IV floorstaders. Now, I am getting a deal on a RC-62 at the same price the matching RC-52 center is retailing for.
Should I get the RC-62 or stick with the RC-52 center which is recommended by Klipsch for these floorstanders ? Will the RC-62 be a mismatch basically ?

I agree with WolfsBane and would definitely go with the larger Center channel for the reason he mentioned, along with the fact most of the material in Movies comes out of the center and the upgrade would be beneficial now, regardless if you upgrade your mains later.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #461 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,417
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible hand View Post


And as for the Wife....I was able to swing some new HT gear because we bought her a new car (mine is 10yrs old). I now realize that if I want some new HT goodies I'll just have to bring home some diamonds or something else to daze and cloud her judgement. Works for me but makes the HT hobby twice as expensive.


This was the same rationale I used to justify my HT passion. I am fortunate that my Wife also likes watching Movies. She's not as fond of watching multi channel Rock concerts as myself so my solution was to put a 5.1 system in the Bedroom so she could watch chick flicks downstairs, while I rocked upstairs. I drove the same vehicle for 13 years to justify the expense. 3 years ago we both upgraded cars but still paid more for our HT's than the 2 cars combined--It's all about priorities.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #462 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Wolfsbane, my new RC62 is waiting at home when I get out of work.. then I can really stretch the legs of the RF82.

My RC3 auction on ebay has under 2 days left now too.. so if anyone is interested, its a great speaker in great condition!


Remember that you really don't need your center to listen to stereo music, (two channel). And when it comes to music, your mains are the bread and butter of your speaker system. There are some music material that are coming out engineered for proper 5.1 imaging, (and increasingly so as some companies slowly migrate to DVD format rather than CDs), but for the most part, the vast majority of music applications are still in stereo, or two channel mode and most music purist prefer to listen to music in it's native two channel mode. When you listen to music using more than two channels, you are likely to be doing so using Dolby Pro Logic II Music, the predominant format used to encode/decode most two channel sources into a multi channel format). Dolby Pro Logic II is a format that provides you 4 channels... Your main left and right, your center, and a matrix that the AVR generates for the back speakers. The AVR should provide you some settings to adjust Dolby Pro Logic II Music for imaging in your listening space, but it is still a compromise compared to the native two channel listening. I happen to use it frequently for some music after finally getting the image pretty close to being right, but to me, two channel or stereo is still the auditioning format for critical listening for music. And for that, your RF-82 are all you really need.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #463 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
scooterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

So... RF-82 mains, RC-62 center, and RB-61 backs....

Lord help the neighborhood....

That's why I have a basement HT
scooterdog is offline  
post #464 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog View Post

That's why I have a basement HT

Scooter

Have you had the chance to listen to and compare the sound between the Heritage line and the Reference line?

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #465 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
scooterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

Scooter

Have you had the chance to listen to and compare the sound between the Heritage line and the Reference line?


I have not had a chance to listen to the new RF line but did some extensive listening to the RF7 &RF 5's with related surrounds and center. I liked the RF7's but not enough for me to consider replacing my La Scala's with them.

Big Heritage are in a class by themselves. They produce tremendous sound fields and sound pressure levels without any signs of strain, plus the "I am There feeling". But they will also reveal the good the bad and the ugly in your system.

I run La Scala's for my mains, Heresy II for my side surrounds and my center is custom built using all Klipsch drivers and is probably the biggest center you will find other than adding another La Scala. I also run some smaller Klipsch WDST surrounds for the rear sides and back channels.

Next time your coming down my way let me know and come on by.

scooter
scooterdog is offline  
post #466 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog View Post

I have not had a chance to listen to the new RF line but did some extensive listening to the RF7 &RF 5's with related surrounds and center. I liked the RF7's but not enough for me to consider replacing my La Scala's with them.

Big Heritage are in a class by themselves. They produce tremendous sound fields and sound pressure levels without any signs of strain, plus the "I am There feeling". But they will also reveal the good the bad and the ugly in your system.

I run La Scala's for my mains, Heresy II for my side surrounds and my center is custom built using all Klipsch drivers and is probably the biggest center you will find other than adding another La Scala. I also run some smaller Klipsch WDST surrounds for the rear sides and back channels.

Next time your coming down my way let me know and come on by.

scooter

Sounds like a plan...

As far as the new Reference line, (Reference IV), is concern, the engineers reworked and re-designed pretty much everything. The changes are not drastic, so the sound is not significantly different, but are significant enough to give the new line an identity of their own, (as compared to the previous Reference lines). New throat geometry and compression drivers, slightly larger cabinets, bracing, improved wiring and crossovers... they have a slightly different sound. The high end driver is smoother and much more refined, and combined with a different crossover point to the mids, it provides a much smoother transition. It is still Klipsch signature forward, but the transition to the mids is better integrated, IMO. The mids are much better, and have a greater presence, both instrumental-wise, as well a voice. This combination gives the speakers a more "laid back" or less forward sound than the previous lines. In talking with other long time Klipsch owners, the changes have received somewhat of a mixed reception, (which should really be expected). Some, (typically the newer owners), like the new line, specially for music. Others, prefer the more signature Klipsch "in your face" sound and image of the older lines. The low end remains fantastically smooth, dynamic, clear, and powerful.

But the new lines still retains it's fantastic dynamic range, transparency, and wonderful image. And they are still speakers that you really don't want to feed garbage to... they still have the ability to bring the best, and worse, of the source that is fed to them. Give them a good sound source, and they immerse you in sound that will be really hard to step away from... I really have a hard time turning my system off to go to sleep at night. But feed them garbage, and they will faithfully reproduce it back to you in all it's glory. I'm also fortunate to have a listening area that allows me to stay away from applying any adjustment for bass or treble at my AVR in order to compensate for deficiencies to the listening environment. At neutral settings, my RF-82 mains are an absolute joy to listen to music. Some of the old Klipsch owners may disagree, but I think the old man would have approved of the slight improvements to the new line.

Still... there is nothing like the sound of the good ol larger drivers of the past, hence my interest in the Heritage line...

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #467 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Member
 
Invisible hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post



Ours is an expensive passion...

Were you able to find an SPL meter?

No...The local "the source" doesn't have anything....tried home depot...nothing. I guess I 'll pick up something on the web.
Invisible hand is offline  
post #468 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Rickw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

The RF-5 are from the previous generation from the new Series IV Reference line. From a timbre matching standpoint, the RSX-3 would match. My only concern with the RSX-3 with your RF-5 mains is that you would be trying to match mains with dual 8" woofers with satellites with single 3.5" woofers. Depending on your room size, the mains, IMO, would overpower your surrounds. And I believe there would be a significant disparity from the dynamic range standpoint. I think the RSX-5 may be a better choice if you can't accommodate a couple of small bookshelves in your listening area.

Thank you for that info WolfsBane, it is very helpful. I was considering the RSX-5. As far as the RC-52 sound matching the RF-5, do you have any thoughts on that?

Thank you, and thanks Canuck,
Rick
Rickw2 is offline  
post #469 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Member
 
Rickw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Rick - I have RF5's for mains and use an RC7 for a center. For surrounds and rears I use four RB75's. I have two SVS 2039PC+ subs. All of the speakers blend together very well and sound great.

It's good to know many Klipsch speakers can be matched together.

Rick
Rickw2 is offline  
post #470 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickw2 View Post

Thank you for that info WolfsBane, it is very helpful. I was considering the RSX-5. As far as the RC-52 sound matching the RF-5, do you have any thoughts on that?

Thank you, and thanks Canuck,
Rick

You should be ok. IMO, the RC-62 are a better match for the RF-5, if it is financially and logistically viable, but the RC-52 should suffice.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #471 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickw2 View Post

It's good to know many Klipsch speakers can be matched together.

Rick

There are some differences between the old Reference line and the newer Reference IV line, but not drastic enough that they will not sound good together.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #472 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

Remember that you really don't need your center to listen to stereo music, (two channel). And when it comes to music, your mains are the bread and butter of your speaker system. There are some music material that are coming out engineered for proper 5.1 imaging, (and increasingly so as some companies slowly migrate to DVD format rather than CDs), but for the most part, the vast majority of music applications are still in stereo, or two channel mode and most music purist prefer to listen to music in it's native two channel mode. When you listen to music using more than two channels, you are likely to be doing so using Dolby Pro Logic II Music, the predominant format used to encode/decode most two channel sources into a multi channel format). Dolby Pro Logic II is a format that provides you 4 channels... Your main left and right, your center, and a matrix that the AVR generates for the back speakers. The AVR should provide you some settings to adjust Dolby Pro Logic II Music for imaging in your listening space, but it is still a compromise compared to the native two channel listening. I happen to use it frequently for some music after finally getting the image pretty close to being right, but to me, two channel or stereo is still the auditioning format for critical listening for music. And for that, your RF-82 are all you really need.

I know most music is only 2 channel, but the Dark Side is a 5.1 SACD, which I have to say sounds ABSOLUTELY amazing. There are words in the songs I could only hear very low on the regular audio cd. The enveloping of the sound is fantastic.

I'm mostly a movie guy, but I can say that its nice at the same volume I had on my Onkyo before the sound is much louder and clearer, which is to be expected with the jump in speaker size/quality.
tgenius is offline  
post #473 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,696
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog View Post

That's why I have a basement HT

For me, it's a basement HT in a cottage house so the bedrooms are two floors above. And no immediate neighbours as well.

My wife never allowed the La Scala in the living room, and it's not big enough anyway. Those puppies need room to breathe! And now the Klipschorns would look nice in the living room, but they still need too much to image properly.

Love the basement HT!

psgcdn is offline  
post #474 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

I know most music is only 2 channel, but the Dark Side is a 5.1 SACD, which I have to say sounds ABSOLUTELY amazing. There are words in the songs I could only hear very low on the regular audio cd. The enveloping of the sound is fantastic.

I'm mostly a movie guy, but I can say that its nice at the same volume I had on my Onkyo before the sound is much louder and clearer, which is to be expected with the jump in speaker size/quality.

Those are some pretty efficient and dynamic puppies....

Is the sub integrating well with your system?

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #475 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Newbie
 
fatfee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another happy Klipsch owner chiming in. I have the RF7's, RC7, and RS7's, and couldn't be happier. I have owned them for about 3 years now, and believe when given enough power there is not a more dynamic speaker available. Using an Adcom GFA 5800 for the RF7's I don't hear any of the harshness that many non Klipsch owners complain about when talking about Klipsch.
fatfee is offline  
post #476 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

Those are some pretty efficient and dynamic puppies....

Is the sub integrating well with your system?

The new RW-10d is in its place in the corner of the living room without power while I wait for a long enough subwoofer cable that I ordered to come.

What should I use for a baseline for that sub Wolfsbane? 80hz?
tgenius is offline  
post #477 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

The new RW-10d is in its place in the corner of the living room without power while I wait for a long enough subwoofer cable that I ordered to come.

What should I use for a baseline for that sub Wolfsbane? 80hz?

Of all of your satellites, I believe that your center is the one with the least low frequency range extension capability. I'd go with either 60hz or 70hz to start, if your AVR allows you to choose a variable sub crossover). It should give you a good range where the crossover in your AVR can start integrating your satellites with your sub effectively. Ideally, you want your satellites to handle most of the frequencies in that range, not the sub. Even the most capable of subs, (and there are quite a few capable out there), fall short when playing frequencies in that range when compared to a good speaker that is designed and engineered to excel in that frequency range without having to worry about the lowest frequency range. This last region is where subs should excel.

But you will have the capability to try different settings, and come up with a solution that is best for your ears. That is part of the fun!....

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #478 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfee View Post

Another happy Klipsch owner chiming in. I have the RF7's, RC7, and RS7's, and couldn't be happier. I have owned them for about 3 years now, and believe when given enough power there is not a more dynamic speaker available. Using an Adcom GFA 5800 for the RF7's I don't hear any of the harshness that many non Klipsch owners complain about when talking about Klipsch.

The harshness is a function of how the speakers are set up in the listening area, IMO. Like any other speaker system, you have to set Klipsch speakers properly in a listening area to perform best. And having highly directional high frequency wave guides, or horns, makes this even more important. You can not place these horns next to or worse, radiating directly into adjacent hard surfaces and expect them to sound good. And some stores that I have visited to audition speakers do exactly that... they place the speakers in a confined area next to hard reflective surfaces. I wouldn't even do that to book shelf speakers, let alone floor standing speakers.

Give them a little space, and in the words of BB King, the "shrill is gone".

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #479 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,417
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog View Post

I have not had a chance to listen to the new RF line but did some extensive listening to the RF7 &RF 5's with related surrounds and center. I liked the RF7's but not enough for me to consider replacing my La Scala's with them.

Big Heritage are in a class by themselves....

scooter


Yep! The only HT I heard that I would trade my main HT for was a 5.1 system with 3 La Scalas up front, 2 Belles in the back with a pair of THX ultra II subs to round out the bottom end. Then again I don't have the space for that kind of setup although I would consider adding a room on the next upgrade cycle.

BTW, My HT is on the 2nd floor, nearest neighbor is over 75 yards away and I have a Beer Fridge upstairs. Unfortunately I am waiting for one of my RSW sub's Amp/pre-amp to get back from Hope to get the bottom end crankin' like it needs to be. Klipsch has had it for over a month and I don't know what the hold up is.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #480 of 40763 Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,696
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Klipsch has had it for over a month and I don't know what the hold up is.

Email and ask! Amy or Michael Colter would answer you.

psgcdn is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off