Klipsch owner thread - Page 1611 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4670Likes

post #48301 of 48304 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
I 2nd the suggestion to find scrappy, you could also ask over on the klipsch forums where he frequently posts. From what I hear the compression drivers and horns in the pro gear are substantially better than anything the consumer grade speakers have to offer. I think scrappy and a few others have the kpt 904 with a 3" compression driver in the horn compared to the 1" drivers in the thx.
If you can handle the size and looks of the cinema line.... you can make a solid jump over the residential speakers.

Example, many of the cinema speakers have 2" horns. The diaphragms on them might be 3 or 4 inches but the actual horn they mount to would be something like a 2" horn. This is still bigger than the home version and will lower the distortion even more at a given listening level. You can go scary loud with these 2" horns....far more than you would with a Khorn or LaScala.... and you can have better sound while doing it.
Robbiey60 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48302 of 48304 Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-well View Post
Hi everybody.

Recently bought the set you can read on my signature.
RP-280 F great difference, harsh and fatigue are not on the scene anymore.
Happy with my upgrade.
Very nice! What did you upgrade from? Interesting combo of subs you have there, how does the klipsch compare to the svs??

(2)RF-83 (1)RC-64ii (2)RF-82ii (2)RC-62ii
(2)Exodus audio tempest-x 15" subs in 200l sealed enclosures
Onkyo 705 pre/pro and rear surrounds
DSPeaker Antimode 8033 sub eq Behringer EP4000 subs
NAD C275BEE mains
AMC 2N100-3 surrounds and center
post #48303 of 48304 Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflectionr View Post
Thanks for asking that, I didn't realize the rp150m's were quite that small. I'm finding some conflicting measurements, but it looks like in terms of depth the rp150's would stick out from the wall more. Is the rear port against the wall an issue? It appears in the manual that they can be wall mounted against the wall

More to think about

As for the rp250's, when I looked in store they were significantly smaller than the 260's (the bookshelves weren't there to compare). That's why I suggested the bookshelves, take the savings from that and put it into a sub and you have a pretty good 5.1 system (with whatever cheap surrounds you buy). Especially since this is a system for someone else. The bookshelves also give you an upgrade path where you can get the bigger mains and move the bookshelves to surrounds.
Yes and no to the rear port issue. Yes it is never a good idea to block a speakers port if you want it to perform properly. However crossing the bass frequencies over to a sub makes this issue all but dissappear. The answer would be a resounding no if they were to be used as mains and/or expected to play full range.
I fully agree with getting still decent bookshelves and allocating funds to a better sub and later moving said bookshelves to surround duty.
post #48304 of 48304 Old Today, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Very nice! What did you upgrade from? Interesting combo of subs you have there, how does the klipsch compare to the svs??

I come from Jbl ls 80, one set of Jbl lsr 308 studio monitors, from PULSAR AUDIO M18...
I have changed several times.
Tested the KLIPSCH RF-82, II RF-7 as well.
About the sub, SVS SB 13 ULTRA is just a little bit less powerful than the Bass Reflex model, PB13 U that I had and sold. So there is no comparison, Klipsch is a good sub but plays in different league.

As I posted somewhere in AVS, different subs, are not the best idea for multisub integration.
Actually I decided to sell the Klipsch, and save some money.

Sorry for my low level English.

Panasonic VT 60
Space 120" Micro-perforated Screen.
Emotiva XMC-1
Emotiva XPA-5
Svs SB 13 ULTRA (x2), Klipsch R-115SW
Klipsch RP-280F- Klipsch RP-450C- Klipsch RP-250S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page