Klipsch owner thread - Page 1658 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 5386Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #49711 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Now i have a 5.1.4

Denon avr-x6200w
RP-280FA
RP-150M (surrounds) 90°
RP-140SA (on the 90° surrounds)
R-115SW

now i would buy new cables "SUPRA PLY 3.4S" i think these cables will sounds very good.

Last edited by fracchia23; 07-12-2016 at 04:49 PM.
fracchia23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49712 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracchia23 View Post
now i would buy new cables "SUPRA PLY 3.4S" i think these cables will sounds very good.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/ply34s_e.html
Approx. price: 20 $ per meter (may vary from Country to Country)

Spoiler!

Family Room: Marantz NR1606; Klipsch 2 RP-150M (L/R), 1 RP-440C (C);Sony BDP-S390; Samsung UN46ES6100
Media Room: Marantz SR5010; Klipsch 2 RP-250F (L/R), 1 RP-450C (C), 2 R-112SW (SW); Sony Playstation 4; Samsung UN65JU6500
Home Office: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1; Creative Sound Blaster Z -- Work Office: Oppo PM-3; Schiit Magni 2, Modi 2 Uber
Scars is offline  
post #49713 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/ply34s_e.html
Approx. price: 20 $ per meter (may vary from Country to Country)

Spoiler!

Here costs like 10-11euros mt
fracchia23 is offline  
post #49714 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'll admit that I have no idea what your options are across the pond, but we're able to get cables for cheap here...

The first cable listed from Monoprice is https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2
Which is $31.99 for 100ft which is around 30 meters, or about $4/meter.

BlueJeans has their's priced per foot...https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm
And they're about the same cost.

There are other options, I'm sure, but these two companies are referenced frequently. Spending a bunch of money on cable just seems like a waste, when it really doesn't make a bit of difference as long as you have the right gauge and actually connected them appropriately.

If you're options are so limited that 10-11 euros a meter is a completely reasonable price point, then I send my condolences!

Family Room: Marantz NR1606; Klipsch 2 RP-150M (L/R), 1 RP-440C (C);Sony BDP-S390; Samsung UN46ES6100
Media Room: Marantz SR5010; Klipsch 2 RP-250F (L/R), 1 RP-450C (C), 2 R-112SW (SW); Sony Playstation 4; Samsung UN65JU6500
Home Office: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1; Creative Sound Blaster Z -- Work Office: Oppo PM-3; Schiit Magni 2, Modi 2 Uber
Scars is offline  
post #49715 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
I'll admit that I have no idea what your options are across the pond, but we're able to get cables for cheap here...

The first cable listed from Monoprice is https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2
Which is $31.99 for 100ft which is around 30 meters, or about $4/meter.
Wouldn't that be $1.05/meter?

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #49716 of 49740 Old 07-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Wouldn't that be $1.05/meter?
It would be! You'd never guess that I do math for a living...
Soupy1970 likes this.

Family Room: Marantz NR1606; Klipsch 2 RP-150M (L/R), 1 RP-440C (C);Sony BDP-S390; Samsung UN46ES6100
Media Room: Marantz SR5010; Klipsch 2 RP-250F (L/R), 1 RP-450C (C), 2 R-112SW (SW); Sony Playstation 4; Samsung UN65JU6500
Home Office: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1; Creative Sound Blaster Z -- Work Office: Oppo PM-3; Schiit Magni 2, Modi 2 Uber
Scars is offline  
post #49717 of 49740 Old 07-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
uscpsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I posted this in a separate thread because I need an answer relatively quickly, but since it's a Klipsch specific question I'll ask here. Even though I didn't get an answer to my last question about the Pro 6000 so I'm thinking you guys aren't familiar with that line.

Anyway... I'm trying to figure out which of these two speakers is the better model. The Pro-6800W has one 8" woofer + one tweeter and is more expensive. The Pro-6602-W has two 6.5" woofers + two tweeters and is cheaper but has all the same technical specs. If you read the product descriptions they are pretty much 99% identical except for the physical description of the speakers.

According to a kid I talked to at Klipsch, he said the 6602 is "definitely" a better speaker. But why would it be priced cheaper? I know price doesn't indicate quality but usually within one product line, the higher priced speaker is the better one.

In a 7.4 Atmost theater, which one is better as L/R speaker?

As a follow up question, my surrounds have to be 6602 because of space limitations. Should I use 6602 for L/R even if the 6800 is the better speaker?
uscpsycho is offline  
post #49718 of 49740 Old 07-13-2016, 06:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss429 View Post
Thanks for everyone's input and help on upgrading from my RF-62IIs. I ended up getting a great deal from Nexgen76 and purchased his RF-7IIs and RC-64II. Thanks again Nexgen76. Enjoyed meeting you. I am loving the RF-7IIs!
Hey guys,

Thought I would give you an update. While I am still liking my RF-7IIs overall I am wondering if I have them set up properly or the acoustics of my room is affecting them. I find myself often listening to 2 channel music and while they sound very good they just don't hit nearly as hard as I thought they would for the massive size of them. The Audyssey MultEQ XT32 has them set to -6.5 DB on my Denon X4100 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I showed a friend them for the first time who is also a big audio fan. He thought they sounded good overall with the mids and highs but said he was also expecting a lot more oomph out of them (for lack of a better word) considering the size of the 10" woofers. He also made the comment that the (1) of the woofers on each of the towers seemed to be moving more than the other (Is it possible that the woofers are blown and is there a test to do that).

Anyways I have long known that I need to upgrade the sub and that's where your bass should come from. I just wanted to get opinions on possible things that could cause what is going on.

And speaking of the sub upgrade. I just ordered a Rythmik FV15HP! I am pumped about that and I know that will make a huge improvement. I would still like to know if I should be concerned on the RF-7IIs before I integrate the new sub.

Thanks
Boss429 is offline  
post #49719 of 49740 Old 07-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by igf101 View Post
Thanks for the reply. What about a sub? The R-10SW is on sale for $176. Is it decent or should I look elsewhere at something like the BIC F12, Polk PSW505, or something to build around in the future with the SVS PB-1000?
If you are buying for the NOW in a small room/apartment, the R-10SW is a fine subwoofer - I would get 2 of them if I were you. If you want a better performing sub then get the PB-1000, it will perform better for movies with low frequencies. The PB response is down to 19Hz vs 32Hz for the Klipsch. If you want to plan for the future of a larger room AND better performance, look at the Klipsch R115-SW - it's frequency response is down to 18Hz and will have more punch in a larger room than the SVS.

Hope the opinion helps. Happy shopping!

Samsung 65HU8550/SEK3500
Denon X5200W
Klipsch 7.2.4
farmersagent046 is offline  
post #49720 of 49740 Old 07-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
bxbigpipi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I think you should go with the svs.
bxbigpipi is offline  
post #49721 of 49740 Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Audyssey MultEQ XT32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss429 View Post
Hey guys,

Thought I would give you an update. While I am still liking my RF-7IIs overall I am wondering if I have them set up properly or the acoustics of my room is affecting them. I find myself often listening to 2 channel music and while they sound very good they just don't hit nearly as hard as I thought they would for the massive size of them. The Audyssey MultEQ XT32 has them set to -6.5 DB on my Denon X4100 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I showed a friend them for the first time who is also a big audio fan. He thought they sounded good overall with the mids and highs but said he was also expecting a lot more oomph out of them (for lack of a better word) considering the size of the 10" woofers. He also made the comment that the (1) of the woofers on each of the towers seemed to be moving more than the other (Is it possible that the woofers are blown and is there a test to do that).

Anyways I have long known that I need to upgrade the sub and that's where your bass should come from. I just wanted to get opinions on possible things that could cause what is going on.

And speaking of the sub upgrade. I just ordered a Rythmik FV15HP! I am pumped about that and I know that will make a huge improvement. I would still like to know if I should be concerned on the RF-7IIs before I integrate the new sub.

Thanks
hi all, me personally when I had onkyo txner5008 an 9, using Audyssey MultEQ XT32 I always had to adjust DB. But it is a personal preference. An turned on double bass. But also had Emotiva xpa 5. For me you gotta play with controls...to a point you like... even now with my YAMAHA 3050. I played with settings once I ran room correction. They sound very very good to me...

XBOX+XB1=cata1; PS3+4= CHiNGOBLiNG = RUBEN...YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!! "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER".2015 revision...just a KLIPSCH NUT..>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfnbG0xB9RY .... i stutter sometimes....
ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #49722 of 49740 Old 07-15-2016, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
jnnt29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYHDTV View Post
hi all, me personally when I had onkyo txner5008 an 9, using Audyssey MultEQ XT32 I always had to adjust DB. But it is a personal preference. An turned on double bass. But also had Emotiva xpa 5. For me you gotta play with controls...to a point you like... even now with my YAMAHA 3050. I played with settings once I ran room correction. They sound very very good to me...
Some people turn off Audyssey completely when listening to music, but bumping up the DB level may help.

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra 4K Blu Ray Player
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
jnnt29 is online now  
post #49723 of 49740 Old 07-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 47
messing things up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
Some people turn off Audyssey completely when listening to music, but bumping up the DB level may help.
interesting.... pass couple of days moved speakers over a few feet ALL except for 3out of 11. Then reran the room correction off the YAMAHA 3050. The fiddling is some speakers from large to small, and left DB alone.

XBOX+XB1=cata1; PS3+4= CHiNGOBLiNG = RUBEN...YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!! "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER".2015 revision...just a KLIPSCH NUT..>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfnbG0xB9RY .... i stutter sometimes....
ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #49724 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 04:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I used to have a pair of KG 5.5 that I bought back in 1997. They sounded incredible to me. They served me very well until about 3 years ago. I had to replace them and I have limited access to audition speakers in my area. I chose B&W 683 and one of their subs. I find myself missing the sound of my old Klipsch speakers very much. I have made the decision to get rid of the B&W but am on the fence about what to replace them with.

I keep looking at the Klipsch Palladium speakers but unfortunately do not have anywhere to audition them. They are pretty pricey for me but these will most likely be the last speakers I ever buy. I obviously would love the 39s, but definitely out of my price range. Would most likely get the 38s if I am able to convince the wife.

My stereo is 100% audio only. Not used at all for HT. I have a plasma TV and separate Klipsch sound bar and sub for that.

Does anybody have a set of Palladiums that they could say a few words about? I have searched around and found a couple threads on them but nothing recent. I though I might stir up some interest here in the Klipsch forum.

Also, right now Klipsch is having a half off sale that is about burning a hole in my pocket.

Marantz AV7702 MK I
Marantz MM7025
B&W 683 S2
B&W ASW 608
Oppo 105 (used for audio only)
gottajam is offline  
post #49725 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottajam View Post
...Also, right now Klipsch is having a half off sale that is about burning a hole in my pocket.
It's making me a little nervous...
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #49726 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
It's making me a little nervous...
Likewise...care to speculate?

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2)
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6
SVS: TBD x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
gene4ht is offline  
post #49727 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Not really, except to say those Palladiums at half off really look nice and I would get the center channel to match for those considering them.

I also saw something on the Klipsch Forum about Custom Heritage, which looked interesting and all are made in Hope, Arkansas by craftsman (and crafts-women).
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #49728 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Not really, except to say those Palladiums at half off really look nice and I would get the center channel to match for those considering them.

I also saw something on the Klipsch Forum about Custom Heritage, which looked interesting and all are made in Hope, Arkansas by craftsman (and crafts-women).
Ahh...although my glass is normally half (no pun intended) full, I was thinking perhaps replacement products could possibly be on the the horizon as I've never seen such aggressive Palladium pricing directly from Klipsch. At the minimum, it would be an inventory adjustment...but for what reason?

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2)
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6
SVS: TBD x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85

Last edited by gene4ht; 07-16-2016 at 08:09 AM.
gene4ht is offline  
post #49729 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 514
For the consumer, maybe...For Klipsch I'm thinkin' not.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #49730 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
For the consumer, maybe...For Klipsch I'm thinkin' not.
I prefer to agree with your thinking...

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2)
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6
SVS: TBD x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85

Last edited by gene4ht; 07-16-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typo
gene4ht is offline  
post #49731 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
etc6849's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 118
While the la scala ii's were better than my rf-83's, they can't compete with my P-39f's. Anyone near Columbia, SC can drop me a line to hear them. Also have the P-17b's.

With the differences in listening rooms mattering more than anything, I wouldn't listen to anyone who hasn't owned and lived with each of the lines in the same room like I have, listening to the same tracks over several years.

My Palladium setup is world class and will most likely blow away anything you've ever heard (or measured for that matter).

Fair to say it's 40% acoustics, but I promise you my Palladium set up is that good if you like/want that live sound of being in the room with the artist.
bombertodd likes this.
etc6849 is online now  
post #49732 of 49740 Old 07-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
uscpsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can someone give me an honest opinion on the Pro 6602-W and Pro 6803-C. It's for a 7.4 Atmos theater.
uscpsycho is offline  
post #49733 of 49740 Old 07-19-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,485
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Hey guys, been a while. I just wanted to ask about the RP-140SA. I am not going to upgrade to an atmos receiver for a while since I spent $1000 on a denon x4000. But I know I will for sure some day in the not too distant future. Any way I think I want to add 2 RP-140SA to my set up (in signature). Has anyone used these as front heights or front heights wide? Just curious if I could use them as something like that until I get atmos capabilities. And how does the RP-140SA sound as an atmos speaker, does it really add to the experience? How about as heights?

Main room (3D blu ray, PS4) - LG 65EG9600: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Couple small LCDs - PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, N64, 3DO, Saturn and other various retro game collections MINT COMPLETE games
Teremei is offline  
post #49734 of 49740 Old 07-19-2016, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Hey guys, been a while. I just wanted to ask about the RP-140SA. I am not going to upgrade to an atmos receiver for a while since I spent $1000 on a denon x4000. But I know I will for sure some day in the not too distant future. Any way I think I want to add 2 RP-140SA to my set up (in signature). Has anyone used these as front heights or front heights wide? Just curious if I could use them as something like that until I get atmos capabilities. And how does the RP-140SA sound as an atmos speaker, does it really add to the experience? How about as heights?
If you can wait a couple weeks I will be able to answer your question. I just bought a house that my current height speakers will not really work in so I ordered two pair of the RP-140SA to mount as FH and RH. I don't move in until August 5th so I will report my opinion as soon as I get everything setup. Another user mentioned when using them as heights that the sound can tend to be localized which you don't really want for Atmos but I am going to give them a shot anyway.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK3500u/za firmware version 1220.8 on both sets
Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One, Nvidia Sheild Pro, PC
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550 + SEK3500u,Denon x4200w, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
Nvidia Shield, (1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is online now  
post #49735 of 49740 Unread Today, 05:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I had F3 towers before and they are not bad at all. If you will buy new set of speakers center channel and surrounds will bring movies a life. If you will get RF-7II's 2 channel music is outstanding !!!
Yea, I just bought a RC-7 (great deal on craigslist), and auditioned the RF-7iis (The wife said no go for now). The RC-7 was a huge improvement over my previous center - much more clarity. I will be watching for deals over the next few months. My birthday and christmas are coming up - so just the right time to buy myself something!
retro124 likes this.
joeythesuper is offline  
post #49736 of 49740 Unread Today, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythesuper View Post
Yea, I just bought a RC-7 (great deal on craigslist), and auditioned the RF-7iis (The wife said no go for now). The RC-7 was a huge improvement over my previous center - much more clarity. I will be watching for deals over the next few months. My birthday and christmas are coming up - so just the right time to buy myself something!
If I remember correctly you had C-2 center before. Oh that huge step to go from C-2 to RC-7. That is day and night different right there.
It is great center that you picked up, enjoy!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's (soon for sale (maybe) :-)
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200 , Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #49737 of 49740 Unread Today, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
etc6849's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Can't believe how great these P-17b's sound with an Oppo HA-1 preamp versus having them on my now retired Onkyo TX-NR905 AVR. Simply incredible how this setup sounds: Oppo HA-1 (fully balanced differential pre), Emotiva XPR-2 (fully balanced differential 600W stereo amp), Nvidia Shield (Android TV) and Klipsch Palladium P-17b's.

This is my second system, and given how cheap everything was on the used/ebay market, it is a bargain as it really compares very well to my much more expensive Klipsch setup.

Never thought of having a setup like this in my master bedroom, but I think my king bed and foam topper really help dampen the room. No boomy bass at all in there!

Also very impressed with the plug and play nature of USB DACs under Android/Android TV. Just wish there was a way to auto set or just select bit depth and rate, versus upsampling everything to 32 bits, 192kHz; although I doubt there is anyway to get better sound from a preamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oppo ha-1 with amp.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	1559537  

Premise, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found here.
etc6849 is online now  
post #49738 of 49740 Unread Today, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by etc6849 View Post
Can't believe how great these P-17b's sound with an Oppo HA-1 preamp versus having them on my now retired Onkyo TX-NR905 AVR. Simply incredible how this setup sounds: Oppo HA-1 (fully balanced differential pre), Emotiva XPR-2 (fully balanced differential 600W stereo amp), Nvidia Shield (Android TV) and Klipsch Palladium P-17b's.

This is my second system, and given how cheap everything was on the used/ebay market, it is a bargain as it really compares very well to my much more expensive Klipsch setup.

Never thought of having a setup like this in my master bedroom, but I think my king bed and foam topper really help dampen the room. No boomy bass at all in there!



Also very impressed with the plug and play nature of USB DACs under Android/Android TV. Just wish there was a way to auto set or just select bit depth and rate, versus upsampling everything to 32 bits, 192kHz; although I doubt there is anyway to get better sound from a preamp.
Crazy set up for bedroom but why not😉. I really need to come and see all your set up.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's (soon for sale (maybe) :-)
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200 , Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #49739 of 49740 Unread Today, 08:52 AM
Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Crazy set up for bedroom but why not😉. I really need to come and see all your set up.
They must have really loud sex.
etc6849 likes this.
jasonsong is online now  
post #49740 of 49740 Unread Today, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
etc6849's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 118
No clutter allowed in the main common area so I put it in there versus the closet. Had no idea how much a bed would help the acoustics versus the great room with lots of hard surfaces. I'm sure 50% of what I'm hearing is the room and the other 50% comes from ditching my Onkyo AVR.

You can definitely here the difference versus an AVR. More punch, dynamics and clarity; these XPR amps from Emotiva have an excellent slew rate and damping factor. I would think you'd need a nice preamp like the HA-1 to take advantage of the high slew rate (versus an AVR's preout).

Drop by sometime because this setup and for sure the other one will amaze you if you're into audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Crazy set up for bedroom but why not😉. I really need to come and see all your set up.

Premise, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found here.
etc6849 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off