Klipsch owner thread - Page 1662 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 5425Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #49831 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Member
 
XeeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Nope.
If I feel like mine is, could that be more of a receiver issue? I'm running the Onkyo TX-SR606, which only has basic Audyssey (nothing close to xt32). With my front level matched (including my own SPL tests), it still seems like I have to boost audio out of the center track because it starts to get lost when my surrounds and towers start playing a loud scene. Any ideas?
XeeN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49832 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylem View Post
I used to have the complete set of Synergy and still have the F30.
I am not sure how BIG of a difference it will be if i get the RF280. I paid around $340 for my set of F30, the RP280 would be around 900$, that s a big difference in price, not sure if the Sound difference would be the same.

Any experience on this potential upgrade?
The review gives pretty good rating for the new speaker design from Klipsch.
Klipsch RP-280F Tower Speakers Official AVS Forum Review
jasonsong is online now  
post #49833 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 7,031
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeN View Post
If I feel like mine is, could that be more of a receiver issue? I'm running the Onkyo TX-SR606, which only has basic Audyssey (nothing close to xt32). With my front level matched (including my own SPL tests), it still seems like I have to boost audio out of the center track because it starts to get lost when my surrounds and towers start playing a loud scene. Any ideas?
On less advanced room eq's in the past, I have felt like the fronts squashed the center. Never had that problem with XT32.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #49834 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Member
 
XeeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
On less advanced room eq's in the past, I have felt like the fronts squashed the center. Never had that problem with XT32.
Well, that sounds like what I'm experiencing (which made me feel like I had an issue with the speaker).

Looks like a receiver with xt32 is up for purchase next then. I think I'll aim for whatever is as inexpensive as possible that still has surround pre-outs and xt32 from accesslories4less. Maybe I'll stray from Onkyo into the Marantz land. Never heard anything other than my own receiver, though. If there are any advantages to one brand over another that you think I should keep in mind, I'm all ears, but it's probably for a different thread.
XeeN is offline  
post #49835 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 7,031
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1926
From a reliability standpoint I like Denon and Marantz. Denon will get you more power for the same price as a Marantz. So more watts/dollar. A Denon 4100 or 4200 depending on what you need might be a good choice. Most have noticed a very nice difference when going to XT32.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #49836 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Member
 
srjinatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeN View Post
Well, that sounds like what I'm experiencing (which made me feel like I had an issue with the speaker).

.

Hmm I have same setup with just 3.1 with Marantz 5010 and I would have to say the Rc64 definitely makes itself known - no level issues with it getting dominated by the left and right RF7IIs - did you check what Audyssey did with your levels - maybe it lowered your center too much for some reason - should be easy enough to go in and raise back up if that is the case - maybe use a db meter to see what levels you are really getting from each with Audyssey engaged running the test tones.

- Scott Home theater: Triad Silver/4 LCR, LS, RS; Triad Silver/4 Surround LRS, RRS; Denon X4000; Emotiva XPA-7; Oppo BDP-103; TiVo Roamio Plus; Apple TV; Amazon Fire TV; Sony HW55ES; 120 inch screenStudy: Onkyo NR-717; Klipsch RF-7 II LF, RF; Klipsch RC-64 II C; RF-82 LS, RS; TiVo HD Premium; Samsung LED 40 inch
srjinatl is online now  
post #49837 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Opinions on this setup

It's time to purchase some new speakers. I'd like your opinions on this. Klipsch RP-280F and RP-450CA for fronts and center, RP-160M for rear surrounds. I'm keeping a Polk DSW Micropro 3000 for now and adding a larger sub in the future.

Room is 26x18 with an 18ft vaulted ceiling. Seating area sits back from the screen about 12ft with a double sized open doorway to the kitchen behind. Ceilings are very sloped and can't have speakers installed so I've been using Paradigm Atom monopoles forever. Large open area to the left of the seating with a large picture window and a large fireplace to the right so I don't know if I could mount any side speakers, but I'd love to if I could.

AVR is a Denon 2112CI. Source material is 90/10 movies/music.

I feel like I'm at the analysis paralysis phase at the moment. I'm looking for input as to whether this system will have any downsides in this room. Also, list price on all of this is right at $2000. Am I going to pay that or can I get a package deal?
Bilious72 is offline  
post #49838 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Clipping

An RP-450C and RP-160M duo arrived today. Normally, this would be a celebratory occasion. However, after running Audyssey I threw on some content to test them out. A quick sample of Guardians of the Galaxy sounded good so I moved on to Stranger Things, as I'm trying to make my way through the series. This is when I started to notice distortion from the center channel, specifically the rightmost driver.

Audyssey set the fronts and center as Large. I don't have an SPL meter so I can't tell you how loud the speakers were being driven. I changed the center size to Small and changed the crossover frequency to 200hz, which seems to reduce the distortion. Obviously I need to do some more testing.

Do you guys have any recommendations? If I'm getting distortion, should I notice it from all of the drivers in the speaker or is it normal for the distortion to be localized to one driver? Is it possible that I got a bad speaker? Is it possible that I'm asking too much from the AVR even if I don't think the volume is high?

Sony HW40ES / Silver Ticket 110"
Panasonic TC-P50S30
Marantz NR1403
Klipsch RP-160M / RP-450C / Cambridge Soudworks Surrounds and BassCube 10S Sub
Brendan R is online now  
post #49839 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan R View Post
An RP-450C and RP-160M duo arrived today. Normally, this would be a celebratory occasion. However, after running Audyssey I threw on some content to test them out. A quick sample of Guardians of the Galaxy sounded good so I moved on to Stranger Things, as I'm trying to make my way through the series. This is when I started to notice distortion from the center channel, specifically the rightmost driver.

Audyssey set the fronts and center as Large. I don't have an SPL meter so I can't tell you how loud the speakers were being driven. I changed the center size to Small and changed the crossover frequency to 200hz, which seems to reduce the distortion. Obviously I need to do some more testing.

Do you guys have any recommendations? If I'm getting distortion, should I notice it from all of the drivers in the speaker or is it normal for the distortion to be localized to one driver? Is it possible that I got a bad speaker? Is it possible that I'm asking too much from the AVR even if I don't think the volume is high?
I'd try without any EQ on To see what's going on.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
MrGrey is online now  
post #49840 of 49856 Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
I'd try without any EQ on To see what's going on.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Thanks, MrGrey. I had the same thought; I'll give it a shot

Sony HW40ES / Silver Ticket 110"
Panasonic TC-P50S30
Marantz NR1403
Klipsch RP-160M / RP-450C / Cambridge Soudworks Surrounds and BassCube 10S Sub
Brendan R is online now  
post #49841 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilious72 View Post
It's time to purchase some new speakers. I'd like your opinions on this. Klipsch RP-280F and RP-450CA for fronts and center, RP-160M for rear surrounds. I'm keeping a Polk DSW Micropro 3000 for now and adding a larger sub in the future.

Room is 26x18 with an 18ft vaulted ceiling. Seating area sits back from the screen about 12ft with a double sized open doorway to the kitchen behind. Ceilings are very sloped and can't have speakers installed so I've been using Paradigm Atom monopoles forever. Large open area to the left of the seating with a large picture window and a large fireplace to the right so I don't know if I could mount any side speakers, but I'd love to if I could.

AVR is a Denon 2112CI. Source material is 90/10 movies/music.

I feel like I'm at the analysis paralysis phase at the moment. I'm looking for input as to whether this system will have any downsides in this room. Also, list price on all of this is right at $2000. Am I going to pay that or can I get a package deal?
Unless the slight difference in looks are important, go for the 450C instead of the CA model, it will save money for the same performance. If you contact an authorized dealer, they will often get you the best prices available

Receivers: Denon X2100W (main)/Sony STR-DA5ES (secondary)
Main speakers: Klipsch R-28F/Klipsch Academy/Klipsch KT-DS
Secondary speakers (various setups): B&W CM5/Acoustic Research AR-215PS/Utah Vintage Floorstanders
dkfan9 is online now  
post #49842 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I've got a little dilemma.
I own a set of rp3's they have built in amplified subs. I have a stand alone sub as well.
Is it worth it to run an lfe signal to them as second and third subs or leave them as just large speaker?

When they are plugged in as subs they make a lot more sound.

If I do use them as subs, should I set the speakers as small?
They have dual binding posts, so I can keep them separate, or together... not sure. Don't want to mess anything up. Not sure on the specs of the speakers either.
The external sub I have is a deftech supercube 1

Reciever - Denon avr x7200wa / dvd Samsung ubd k8500
Front - Klipsch rp3 b / Klipsch rc3 II
Sides - klipsch ref iv rs52
Rear - klipsch rb 61 II
Sub - deftech supercube 1
Atmos - klipsch rp 140sa
Cndctrdj is offline  
post #49843 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Unless the slight difference in looks are important, go for the 450C instead of the CA model, it will save money for the same performance. If you contact an authorized dealer, they will often get you the best prices available
Thanks, I'm going to try calling some internet authorized dealers. The local dealers in Indianapolis (headquarters of Klipsch) not only don't want to deal, but everyone's showrooms are being remodeled so I can't even demo them.
Bilious72 is offline  
post #49844 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
vipergts2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilious72 View Post
Thanks, I'm going to try calling some internet authorized dealers. The local dealers in Indianapolis (headquarters of Klipsch) not only don't want to deal, but everyone's showrooms are being remodeled so I can't even demo them.

Just FYI, currently Klipsch has many of their speakers on sale, and the normally $200 price difference between the C and CA center models is only $80.
vipergts2207 is offline  
post #49845 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Member
 
XeeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjinatl View Post
Hmm I have same setup with just 3.1 with Marantz 5010 and I would have to say the Rc64 definitely makes itself known - no level issues with it getting dominated by the left and right RF7IIs - did you check what Audyssey did with your levels - maybe it lowered your center too much for some reason - should be easy enough to go in and raise back up if that is the case - maybe use a db meter to see what levels you are really getting from each with Audyssey engaged running the test tones.
From my basic tests w/ an SPL meter app on my phone, at 1m out from the speaker, SPL levels appear to be matched when Audyssey sets LCR all at -10db. I think it may just be the old Audyssey version on my Onkyo 606, since YPAO and XT32 seem to really bring some improvements to the table.

As it stands I find that leaving my towers at -10 and putting the center at -5 or -3db brings the center to a point where it isn't crushed by my RF-3 towers during high noise scenes in movies. Note that I'm sure I have a lot of other factors going on in my room with sound bouncing around and listening distance, center in between shelves and not protruding out, etc.
XeeN is offline  
post #49846 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts2207 View Post
Just FYI, currently Klipsch has many of their speakers on sale, and the normally $200 price difference between the C and CA center models is only $80.
That's not bad at all. I'm ok with just the C model, but I'm trying to make the wife as happy as possible. I told her these speakers were big, but I don't think the reality is going to set in until she sees them in person
Bilious72 is offline  
post #49847 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
vipergts2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilious72 View Post
That's not bad at all. I'm ok with just the C model, but I'm trying to make the wife as happy as possible. I told her these speakers were big, but I don't think the reality is going to set in until she sees them in person


I know what you mean. When I bought my 450C and my girlfriend who lives with me saw it, she said, oh my god that thing's huge.
jasonsong and Bilious72 like this.
vipergts2207 is offline  
post #49848 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,386
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
I have Synergy F30s and C-20 center. Never really impressed with these speakers despite the review on Amazon. The F30s look huge but doesn't sound huge. They are rather tiny and dark sounding. Thinking about getting some different speakers.
The f30s are a beast of a speaker. When run in full range on a good amp or integrated with a good sub the f30s are decent performers. The rest of the line are not up to par. Maybe post a pic of your setup and gear
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #49849 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
The f30s are a beast of a speaker. When run in full range on a good amp or integrated with a good sub the f30s are decent performers. The rest of the line are not up to par. Maybe post a pic of your setup and gear
This is what I have:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A830
Subwoofer: Klipsch Sub-12

I think as I've been struggling with is my listening area.
It's 24 ft wide and 12ft long with about 8.5ft hight. I've done some calculation and this room ratio is not very ideal has lots of null points at important low frequencies. Maybe that's why these speakers just don't sound good because the waves are just being canceled out.
jasonsong is online now  
post #49850 of 49856 Old 08-19-2016, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bgtighe23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
This is what I have:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A830
Subwoofer: Klipsch Sub-12

I think as I've been struggling with is my listening area.
It's 24 ft wide and 12ft long with about 8.5ft hight. I've done some calculation and this room ratio is not very ideal has lots of null points at important low frequencies. Maybe that's why these speakers just don't sound good because the waves are just being canceled out.
You need additional subs to smooth out the response. Either way, that's a large space to fill, especially for 12" budget subs

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
bgtighe23 is online now  
post #49851 of 49856 Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
You need additional subs to smooth out the response. Either way, that's a large space to fill, especially for 12" budget subs
The sub has no problem filling the room because I have it the corner and it works with the room.
The problem is the fronts where they are against the wall about 120 inches apart are just too near to the null locations of the room.
I guess I can experiment with bass traps to break up the room response in those locations.
You can hear the difference as you get closer to the speaker from the listening area. You get more and more from the fronts.

Last edited by jasonsong; Yesterday at 07:15 AM.
jasonsong is online now  
post #49852 of 49856 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bgtighe23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
The sub has no problem filling the room because I have it the corner and it works with the room.
The problem is the fronts where they are against the wall about 120 inches apart are just too near to the null locations of the room.
I guess I can experiment with bass traps to break up the room response in those locations.
You can hear the difference as you get closer to the speaker from the listening area. You get more and more from the fronts.
Bass traps are going to cost more than another Klipsch Sub12 hg, and probably won't be as easily effective. .
I would add another sub to start with.

This could also be your autoEQ software, "turning down the bass" in the towers. I know my autoEQ doesn't like as much bass as I do.
jasonsong likes this.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
bgtighe23 is online now  
post #49853 of 49856 Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Member
 
XeeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeN View Post
From my basic tests w/ an SPL meter app on my phone, at 1m out from the speaker, SPL levels appear to be matched when Audyssey sets LCR all at -10db. I think it may just be the old Audyssey version on my Onkyo 606, since YPAO and XT32 seem to really bring some improvements to the table.

As it stands I find that leaving my towers at -10 and putting the center at -5 or -3db brings the center to a point where it isn't crushed by my RF-3 towers during high noise scenes in movies. Note that I'm sure I have a lot of other factors going on in my room with sound bouncing around and listening distance, center in between shelves and not protruding out, etc.
Alright, so, more to follow, but I found some other forum threads about the 606 and folks having low dialog/center volume. Turning off dynamic EQ and slightly tweaking from there helped them, so I tried it.

Turning off Dynamic EQ on my Onkyo 606 resolved the center / dialog volume being crushed by the rest of the speakers, pretty much. I have to experiment more. With my rc64ii at -4db and RF-3s at -7db, it seems pretty much spot on for a lot of content.

I am currently experimenting with crossover on center/towers/surrounds at 80hz, lpf at 120hz, and have increased the sub's level to -10 to -5db (depending on how much impact I want). The sub has been filling gaps pretty cleanly (my sub is a Hsu VTF-15 Mk2).

Anyhow, more to follow, but I wanted to report in on the good news and progress so far.
XeeN is offline  
post #49854 of 49856 Old Today, 06:08 AM
Member
 
GreenDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central NY
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How tall are the RP-260F?

The spec sheet on Klipsch web site says 39" but I found several web sites listed them at 36"?
I am not sure if putting the RP-140SA at 36" is going to be too low. 39", on the hand, is about right.

I don't have a local store here for me to measure them. Could you guys help me out? Thanks in advance.

Peter

Last edited by GreenDice; Today at 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo
GreenDice is online now  
post #49855 of 49856 Old Today, 05:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Klipsch Question

Hello everyone...I have a quick question...

Hi Everyone - need some quick advice..

I picked up a pair of used but in great shape Klipsch VF-35 Icon Towers for $200. I had planned on using them for my fronts in a 5.1 setup. I now have the opportunity to get a pair of 5 month old still under warranty Klipsch RP-280F Towers originally from Crutchfield for $550 to $600. Are the RP-280s significantly better the VF-35s? Should I sell the 35s and use the 280s for my Fronts? Use the 280s for my fronts and keep the 35s for rears? These would be for 95% home theater use....I am not an experienced audiophile and not really knowledgeable on this subject, including appropriate pricing so any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

55" LG 9600 OLED (Living Room)
75" SONY XBR 940C (Basement)
VeteranNewbie88 is online now  
post #49856 of 49856 Old Today, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 105
If you have the money, keep the 35s for surrounds and get the 280s for fronts. Just be aware that Warranty may not transfer if they're used...

Receivers: Denon X2100W (main)/Sony STR-DA5ES (secondary)
Main speakers: Klipsch R-28F/Klipsch Academy/Klipsch KT-DS
Secondary speakers (various setups): B&W CM5/Acoustic Research AR-215PS/Utah Vintage Floorstanders
dkfan9 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off