Klipsch owner thread - Page 1671 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7542Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #50101 of 53882 Old 10-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
 
itsmyforte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I do not believe that IC/OC speakers are inherently better than up-firing speakers. I find the up-firing speakers are more diffused, and less localized. All options can work very well, but installation, and setup are paramount.

Sent using tapatalk
itsmyforte is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #50102 of 53882 Old 10-18-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyforte View Post
I do not believe that IC/OC speakers are inherently better than up-firing speakers. I find the up-firing speakers are more diffused, and less localized. All options can work very well, but installation, and setup are paramount.

Sent using tapatalk
I understand your perspective and agree 100% that installation and setup are most important.
jbnpaul likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50103 of 53882 Old 10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Since this is a Klipsch thead, I was mentioning the 140's as the least expensive. And no, I don't stick my nose up at people. I have Klipsch speakers and love them. Period.
ILOVEMYHDTV likes this.
Mongo171 is offline  
 
post #50104 of 53882 Old 10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 121
About a week ago I accidentally heard my first pair of heritage speakers (Heresies, not sure what vintage) at a gallery that I wandered into.

I really, really didn't want to like them, because I can't imagine how any of the heritage stuff could fit into my home, and there's no way my wife will approve.

Sigh.
mpirnat is offline  
post #50105 of 53882 Old 10-18-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Since this is a Klipsch thead, I was mentioning the 140's as the least expensive. And no, I don't stick my nose up at people. I have Klipsch speakers and love them. Period.
Ooops...never suggested anything like that at all! You'll find, however, after reading some of the input on "What is the best speakers for.... " threads, that some feel they must spend mega bucks for Atmos. And totally agree with your last sentence!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50106 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 05:34 AM
Member
 
JohnnymoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 74
[QUOTE=gene4ht;47561313]If I recall correctly, it was intended to be a practical and economical car built in the Soviet Union (Yugoslavia). In fact, due to multiple reoccuring failures (engine for one), it became famous/infamous as one of the worse cars ever built!

Absolutely correct. The Yugo is the butt of many a joke among motor heads. Its known as the "throw away car" They had such poor build quality that when they broke down, they weren't even worth repairing. A real pile O junk!
gene4ht likes this.

my stuff:

Harman Kardon AVR 3600

Emotiva XPA-3

OPPO BDP-103

Klipsch RF-82II Mains

Klipsch RC 62II Center

Klipsch SS.5 L&R Surrounds

Klipsch SS.5 L&R Rear Surrounds

HSU Research VTF2-MK4 Subwoofer

Samsung UN65F8000 LED Monitor

JohnnymoZ is offline  
post #50107 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
About a week ago I accidentally heard my first pair of heritage speakers (Heresies, not sure what vintage) at a gallery that I wandered into.

I really, really didn't want to like them, because I can't imagine how any of the heritage stuff could fit into my home, and there's no way my wife will approve.

Sigh.

Get yourself a pair of pretty Khorns, stuff them into the corner and tell her they are knick-knack tables for her pretty things.
Robbiey60 and jasonsong like this.
coytee is offline  
post #50108 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
[quote=JohnnymoZ;47579969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
If I recall correctly, it was intended to be a practical and economical car built in the Soviet Union (Yugoslavia). In fact, due to multiple reoccuring failures (engine for one), it became famous/infamous as one of the worse cars ever built!

Absolutely correct. The Yugo is the butt of many a joke among motor heads. Its known as the "throw away car" They had such poor build quality that when they broke down, they weren't even worth repairing. A real pile O junk!
I guess you are right. We had car before thta called Zastava and it was excellent car a specially when rest of the country drived 4 different models of cars only what been available back then. We had it 4 years and my dad sold it before even was able to walk to car sales place, got back then over $500 then he paid for it, back then it was huge money. So even Yugo was like fresh air compare what we had available in country. I was small so never drove it one I believe it was a bad car but I guess people in US see them little different then people who lived under regime.
gene4ht likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,

Last edited by retro124; 10-19-2016 at 05:59 PM.
retro124 is offline  
post #50109 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
[quote=retro124;47597409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnymoZ View Post

I guess you are right. We had car before thta called Zastava and it was excellent car a specially when rest of the country drived 4 different models of cars only what been available back then. We had it 4 years and my dad sold it before even was able to walk to car sales place, got back then over $500 then he paid for it, back then it was huge money. So even Yugo was like fresh air compare what we had available in country. I was small so never drove it one I believe it was a bad car but I guess people in US see them little different then people who lived under regime.
No...we're both right...it really depends on one's perspective.
retro124 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50110 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
[quote=gene4ht;47597865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post

No...we're both right...it really depends on one's perspective.
Let's put it this way. We both like it our Klipsch speakers more then Yugo😀😀😀.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #50111 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
[quote=retro124;47599833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post

Let's put it this way. We both like it our Klipsch speakers more then Yugo😀😀😀.
OK..we can finally agree!
retro124 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50112 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,971
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
[quote=gene4ht;47600113]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post

OK..we can finally agree!
Finally, how about to install Klipsch speakers inside of Yugo. When Yugo stop working and that was probably all the time you can listen good quality music until helps show up.
gene4ht likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #50113 of 53882 Old 10-19-2016, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
[quote=retro124;47600417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post

Finally, how about to install Klipsch speakers inside of Yugo. When Yugo stop working and that was probably all the time you can listen good quality music until helps show up.
But don't quit your day job!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50114 of 53882 Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
Get yourself a pair of pretty Khorns, stuff them into the corner and tell her they are knick-knack tables for her pretty things.


Parasound JC-2BP (alternate ARC Ref 3), Parasound A21, Parasound T3, Marantz SA-15S2, SAE E102 eq, Klipsch Palladium P38, Rythmik F12
gottajam is offline  
post #50115 of 53882 Old 10-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
Alanlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
About a week ago I accidentally heard my first pair of heritage speakers (Heresies, not sure what vintage) at a gallery that I wandered into.

I really, really didn't want to like them, because I can't imagine how any of the heritage stuff could fit into my home, and there's no way my wife will approve.

Sigh.
I have two Heresys I am using as center speakers. I like the way they sound, but I don't have anything for a comparison. I bought them because the Cornwalls were drowning out other speaker which I tried. Anyway here is a pix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front stands small.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	1727017  

7.4.4 system with Denon 5200 (Height 1, Height 2, surround, rear surround), Emotiva XPA-5 (front, center), All Klipsch speakers: Cornwall (front), 2 Heresy (center), 2-kg-1.5 (front surround), 2-kg-1.5 (middle surround), 2 RS-7 (rear surround), 4 KSW 15 (sub), 2 SA-2 height-1, 2 SA-2 height-2, Oppo 203, Mac Mini (network), Apple TV (DNLA), Roku 4, 3TB My Book (DNLA), Dell PC (Network), Vizio UM-P702uiB3, Logitech Harmony Companion, X-box one s
Alanlee is offline  
post #50116 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello there folks,

I have a brand new media room setup done just recently but for some reason i am not able to enjoy it. It must be the configuration/setup that i might have messed up. The dialogues are usually very low and bass is high. The volume has to be set to real high to get the kick of the speakers. Is this how the Klipsch equipment i have or am i doing something wrong?

This is my gear:

Denon AVR -x1200W
Klipsch R-25C center
Klipsch R-15M bookshelf
Klipsch R-26F towers
Klipsch R-10SW 10' sub
danurulz is offline  
post #50117 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Alanlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by danurulz View Post
Hello there folks,

I have a brand new media room setup done just recently but for some reason i am not able to enjoy it. It must be the configuration/setup that i might have messed up. The dialogues are usually very low and bass is high. The volume has to be set to real high to get the kick of the speakers. Is this how the Klipsch equipment i have or am i doing something wrong?

This is my gear:

Denon AVR -x1200W
Klipsch R-25C center
Klipsch R-15M bookshelf
Klipsch R-26F towers
Klipsch R-10SW 10' sub
Did you run Audyssey and adjust the dialogue level on the Denon AVR?

7.4.4 system with Denon 5200 (Height 1, Height 2, surround, rear surround), Emotiva XPA-5 (front, center), All Klipsch speakers: Cornwall (front), 2 Heresy (center), 2-kg-1.5 (front surround), 2-kg-1.5 (middle surround), 2 RS-7 (rear surround), 4 KSW 15 (sub), 2 SA-2 height-1, 2 SA-2 height-2, Oppo 203, Mac Mini (network), Apple TV (DNLA), Roku 4, 3TB My Book (DNLA), Dell PC (Network), Vizio UM-P702uiB3, Logitech Harmony Companion, X-box one s
Alanlee is offline  
post #50118 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
darkleafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 19
New home, speaker setup questions

Hello!
Its been a while since I posted on here.

I just bought a new home, and I currently own a pair of RF42ii, a pair of RS42ii, and an RC42ii. I need help with the placement.

The RF's should be fine, as they re floorstanding.

The RS's is my main issue, as I do not have a clear way to mount them on the wall, and I have been told to never mount RS's on the ceiling...How should I mount them?

The RC is tricky, because the TV is going above the fireplace. I bought this mount http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15618 and I am not sure if it will leave space to place the speaker on the shelf built-in above the fireplace. How should I mount the center speaker?

Here are some pictures:

This is where the TV, center speaker, and floorstandings will go.


This is right side of the listening area, where the RS would go (note that I am trying to avoid placing the RS's all the way to the wall, as I think it will be too far from listening area. Hoping to place them half way to listening area, which is why I have the issue of not being able to ceiling mount them)


This is the left side of the listening area, and the same thing applies. RS would go here, but do not want to be all the way to the wall.


This is the back of the listening area, and I am wall mounting two old Onkyo HTIB speakers here as back surrounds.


I am hoping you guys can provide with specific mounts or methods that may help my situation. Notice that I will be using Ghost Wire (https://sewelldirect.com/sewell-supe...ft-spool-white) on top of the white ceiling beams for this installation. According to http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm, 16AWG will do the job in this situation. Please advise if you disagree.

Now, the second part of my question: Not any time soon, but in the future I would like to upgrade to ATMOS. I have seen these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ir14v85...=DST&XVVER=G10 which are just add on modules, and these http://www.klipsch.com/products/refe...y-atmos-series which are OMG so sweet.
I am more inclined to do the second option, because it would also result in a front speaker upgrade from RF42ii to RP280FA. My question is,
would upgrading my fronts to RP280FA require me to upgrade my center?
Considering woofers on my RC42ii center is 4 inch, and the RP's would be 8inch...would it sound weird?
Whats the best way to repurpose my RF42iis? sending them to back surround to replace the onkyo's, perhaps?

Thank you very much for all your help guys. I greatly apprecciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_160247.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	1727889   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_160253.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	1727897   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_160258.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	1727905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_160303.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	1727913  

Last edited by darkleafar; 10-21-2016 at 02:39 PM.
darkleafar is offline  
post #50119 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,177
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 179
When it comes to mounting TV I am always against the idea of mounting it above the fire place because the TV is too high and the speakers are too low. Save the space for a painting or something.
Just turn the set-up 90 degrees and have it set up opposite of the windows.
jasonsong is offline  
post #50120 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Hello!
Its been a while since I posted on here.

I just bought a new home, and I currently own a pair of RF42ii, a pair of RS42ii, and an RC42ii. I need help with the placement.

The RF's should be fine, as they re floorstanding.

The RS's is my main issue, as I do not have a clear way to mount them on the wall, and I have been told to never mount RS's on the ceiling...How should I mount them?

The RC is tricky, because the TV is going above the fireplace. I bought this mount http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15618 and I am not sure if it will leave space to place the speaker on the shelf built-in above the fireplace. How should I mount the center speaker?

Here are some pictures:

This is where the TV, center speaker, and floorstandings will go.


This is right side of the listening area, where the RS would go (note that I am trying to avoid placing the RS's all the way to the wall, as I think it will be too far from listening area. Hoping to place them half way to listening area, which is why I have the issue of not being able to ceiling mount them)


This is the left side of the listening area, and the same thing applies. RS would go here, but do not want to be all the way to the wall.


This is the back of the listening area, and I am wall mounting two old Onkyo HTIB speakers here as back surrounds.


I am hoping you guys can provide with specific mounts or methods that may help my situation. Notice that I will be using Ghost Wire (https://sewelldirect.com/sewell-supe...ft-spool-white) on top of the white ceiling beams for this installation. According to http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm, 16AWG will do the job in this situation. Please advise if you disagree.

Now, the second part of my question: Not any time soon, but in the future I would like to upgrade to ATMOS. I have seen these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ir14v85...=DST&XVVER=G10 which are just add on modules, and these http://www.klipsch.com/products/refe...y-atmos-series which are OMG so sweet.
I am more inclined to do the second option, because it would also result in a front speaker upgrade from RF42ii to RP280FA. My question is,
would upgrading my fronts to RP280FA require me to upgrade my center?
Considering woofers on my RC42ii center is 4 inch, and the RP's would be 8inch...would it sound weird?
Whats the best way to repurpose my RF42iis? sending them to back surround to replace the onkyo's, perhaps?

Thank you very much for all your help guys. I greatly apprecciate it.
Oof. I don't know about that center, I might just be tempted to punt and have your AVR run a phantom center using your mains.

There is NO specific mount for the RS42iis. They are meant to be attached to a flat wall using that keyhole on the back. You can put them on a shelf or on a stand of some kind. I think I've seen somebody here have acceptable results putting their surrounds on stools when they couldn't wall mount.

If you're thinking of getting the RP-280s, I'd put those in the LR and move the RF42iis to the side surrounds so that you don't have to worry about mounting the RS42s since that is looking like a pain from your photos. The side surrounds will get a lot more action than the rear surrounds in most mixes so I would focus on those first.

Probably not the answers you were hoping for, but your space looks difficult for the speakers you have.
mpirnat is offline  
post #50121 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
darkleafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
When it comes to mounting TV I am always against the idea of mounting it above the fire place because the TV is too high and the speakers are too low. Save the space for a painting or something.
Just turn the set-up 90 degrees and have it set up opposite of the windows.
True, but the previous owners wired hdmi through the inside of the fireplace woodwork and even put an outlet and hdmi plate, so it seems like a waste. The mount I linked in my original post pulls put and then down, so it brings the TV eye level. It is designed specifically for mounting above fireplace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
darkleafar is offline  
post #50122 of 53882 Old 10-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
darkleafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Oof. I don't know about that center, I might just be tempted to punt and have your AVR run a phantom center using your mains.

There is NO specific mount for the RS42iis. They are meant to be attached to a flat wall using that keyhole on the back. You can put them on a shelf or on a stand of some kind. I think I've seen somebody here have acceptable results putting their surrounds on stools when they couldn't wall mount.

If you're thinking of getting the RP-280s, I'd put those in the LR and move the RF42iis to the side surrounds so that you don't have to worry about mounting the RS42s since that is looking like a pain from your photos. The side surrounds will get a lot more action than the rear surrounds in most mixes so I would focus on those first.

Probably not the answers you were hoping for, but your space looks difficult for the speakers you have.
Thanks for the input, but not ready to simply discard both my RS42iis and my RC42ii. I bought the RS and RC 42s based on reviews for the price level, and the RS are supposed to dissipate surround sound better. The RP280 purchase is not going to happen for 3 to 6 months which is why my post was mostly focusing on how to work with what I've got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
darkleafar is offline  
post #50123 of 53882 Old 10-22-2016, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmercer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 417
This is NOT a for sale post, just in case there is confusion.

I am asking if I should KEEP my Klipsch 5800 in ceilings. I purchased them slightly below MSRP at $350 each last december. I now cannot use them in my new house as my rental agreement will not allow the install.

I have an offer for $600 and have no other interest. So I will move again in 5 years and be able to use them, or unload them now, knowing there will probably be better options in 5 years.

Thoughts and input greatly appreciated!

-Dan

Video: 78JS9500(MAIN) / 60E8000 Plasma [Previously:58c8000/75hu8550/78ju7500] BD Player: Samsung K8500
Audio: Marantz 7010 / SVS PB-13 Ultra / Klipsch RF-7ii RC-64ii Polk M70's IC-5800 (5.1.4)
dmercer3 is offline  
post #50124 of 53882 Old 10-22-2016, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post
This is NOT a for sale post, just in case there is confusion.

I am asking if I should KEEP my Klipsch 5800 in ceilings. I purchased them slightly below MSRP at $350 each last december. I now cannot use them in my new house as my rental agreement will not allow the install.

I have an offer for $600 and have no other interest. So I will move again in 5 years and be able to use them, or unload them now, knowing there will probably be better options in 5 years.

Thoughts and input greatly appreciated!

-Dan
I vote for sell. Five years might see many changes in audio formats and speaker placement.
dmercer3 likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #50125 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Member
 
Schubeedoobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
I have two Heresys I am using as center speakers. I like the way they sound, but I don't have anything for a comparison. I bought them because the Cornwalls were drowning out other speaker which I tried. Anyway here is a pix.

I to am running Heresys wired in parallel... the sound is great for a room about 25x40



I used to run a reference RC64II for my center and it was good, but it needed to be EQ'ed in order to even get the timbre close to listenable... but it was never quite right. Now, with the heresy's, it is perfect.
gene4ht, cchunter and Alanlee like this.

Last edited by Schubeedoobee; 10-23-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Schubeedoobee is offline  
post #50126 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post
This is NOT a for sale post, just in case there is confusion.

I am asking if I should KEEP my Klipsch 5800 in ceilings. I purchased them slightly below MSRP at $350 each last december. I now cannot use them in my new house as my rental agreement will not allow the install.

I have an offer for $600 and have no other interest. So I will move again in 5 years and be able to use them, or unload them now, knowing there will probably be better options in 5 years.

Thoughts and input greatly appreciated!

-Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I vote for sell. Five years might see many changes in audio formats and speaker placement.
Agree with Mongo...formats and technology move too fast these days. Also, if the $600 offer is still on the table...take it, as the 5800's can be found "new" at $400/pr. if you shop wisely.
dmercer3 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #50127 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmercer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Agree with Mongo...formats and technology move too fast these days. Also, if the $600 offer is still on the table...take it, as the 5800's can be found "new" at $400/pr. if you shop wisely.
the reassurance to sell helps. Thanks fellas!

Video: 78JS9500(MAIN) / 60E8000 Plasma [Previously:58c8000/75hu8550/78ju7500] BD Player: Samsung K8500
Audio: Marantz 7010 / SVS PB-13 Ultra / Klipsch RF-7ii RC-64ii Polk M70's IC-5800 (5.1.4)
dmercer3 is offline  
post #50128 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubeedoobee View Post
I to am running Heresys wired in parallel... the sound is great for a room about 25x40
You might want to read up on comb filtering, if you have not yet done so.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sound-ad...comb-filtering

Great if it works for you....but you might be able to have it better with just one speaker operating.
coytee is offline  
post #50129 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
True, but the previous owners wired hdmi through the inside of the fireplace woodwork and even put an outlet and hdmi plate, so it seems like a waste. The mount I linked in my original post pulls put and then down, so it brings the TV eye level. It is designed specifically for mounting above fireplace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
Will the fireplace be in use? Have you thought about a tower in front of the fireplace as center?

Setups:
Spoiler!
dkfan9 is offline  
post #50130 of 53882 Old 10-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
darkleafar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Will the fireplace be in use? Have you thought about a tower in front of the fireplace as center?
I live in Houston, I may turn on the fireplace a few times a year during the winter, but 90% of the time will not be in use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
darkleafar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off