Klipsch owner thread - Page 1691 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5640Likes

post #50701 of 50708 Old Today, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeAnton View Post
So, you think the Pro-6504-THX sounds better than the RC-64ii?

How big of a hit am I taking on stereo quality if I do the Pro-7800 for left and right instead of the RF-7ii?

I assume the Pros are timbre matched, and the RC-64 and RF-7 are timbre matched.

In the long run, my cost is gonna run about the same, since the price difference between the Pros and the RC/RF is about what I'll spend on a sub for the Pros, anyway. Since I'm gonna be about the same either way, I want the very best, cleanest, most accurate sound I can get.
If you are using 7800's for L and R, you should use something in the THX line for a center.

Sent using tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50702 of 50708 Old Today, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
SVS are great but you need to move up the line if you want much better sub. You have smallest ported sub they make. Look at PB2000 at least or go for pb12 plus or pb13s if you have room. You will find good deals on outlet.

Or look at the HSU and Rythmik that is around $700 and its a heck of a sub! They will outperform Klipsch subs. Like we have mentioned before, there is nothing WRONG with klipsch sub they just don't outperform other subs that cost less.
Thanks a lot for input!

The HSU and Rythmik subs are out of option, because they don't have dealer in Europe.

Also the usual dealer Lsound.eu has recently quit operating with SVS and they don't carry their subs anymore.
Checking from Ebay, stores from UK and Germany are selling the SVS PB-2000 for 900~ish euros, that is 950~ish dollars.

So the price difference is really there.
post #50703 of 50708 Old Today, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Anyone using Klipsch architectural speakers for Atmos? If so, which ones?

Also, it would be infinitely easier for me install them right above my head, at the MLP due to the fact the attic stops there. Forward of that is the upstairs guest bedroom. Will Atmos still sound good? I can angle the tweeters forward to help with dispersion I suppose...

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #50704 of 50708 Old Today, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 18

i have a big Center channel dilemma.

background:

I Bought a r-25c and some r-15m (2 sets) to replace some infinity tss-800 speaker.

So if i return all those speakers and keep my tss-800 and i can get the RC-64II (cost me about $220)

OR

i can return the r-15m and r-25c keep the tss-800 and get the RC-62II (saves me some money)

OR

i can keep the r-15m and return the r-25c and then buy the RC-62II (cost me about $220)

Denon x3300w
Klipsch RF-82II - Main
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR - Atmos Fronts
Klipsch RC-62II - Center
Klipsch R-15m - Surround
Klipsch R-12sw - Subwoofer
post #50705 of 50708 Old Today, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Update on my last post.

Just bought the RC-62II !!

It seems to be the matching center for my 82II

Can't wait!!!!

Denon x3300w
Klipsch RF-82II - Main
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR - Atmos Fronts
Klipsch RC-62II - Center
Klipsch R-15m - Surround
Klipsch R-12sw - Subwoofer
post #50706 of 50708 Old Today, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
Update on my last post.

Can't wait!!!!
Good choice. There are absolutely plenty of folks who have the RC 64 II with non RF 7 II towers and are in love with it. However, I've heard it and do not agree with this approach. Timbre match with a front sound stage is important to me, and the RC 62 II is still a monster.

Blood has spilt on this page about this topic, so I'm glad it was avoided this time.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #50707 of 50708 Old Today, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
Update on my last post.

Can't wait!!!!
Also, just to help you spend more of your money, I just saw some RS 42 II on Amazon for 350ish a pair!

post #50708 of 50708 Old Today, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirppy View Post
Thanks a lot for input!

The HSU and Rythmik subs are out of option, because they don't have dealer in Europe.

Also the usual dealer Lsound.eu has recently quit operating with SVS and they don't carry their subs anymore.
Checking from Ebay, stores from UK and Germany are selling the SVS PB-2000 for 900~ish euros, that is 950~ish dollars.

So the price difference is really there.

http://www.chromapure.co.uk/products.asp?brand=93

Call and ask about the V1500, it should be the same 1000ish €

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black