Klipsch owner thread - Page 1693 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5648Likes
post #50761 of 50768 Unread Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
anyone else having trouble logging in/getting a password reset from the Klipsch community?

I am looking for a set of speaker stands for my Quartets, either they aren't tall enough, have a high enough weight rating or terribly expensive.

Mains: Klipsch Quartets with upgraded tweeter/midrange diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Center: Klipsch Academy with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-25's
Sub: Emotiva Ultra 12
AV: Denon AVR-X4100W, Sony BDP-S6500, Vizio M60-D1 60" LCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50762 of 50768 Unread Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Klipsch room size classifications Large, Larger, Largest??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
The whole entirety of the Kitchen counts as well for subwoofer performance.

For speakers (as long as you have a sub) it's less of a deal.
Does anybody here know how Klipsch classifies a room which is 19' (open on one side to kitchen) x 16' x 10' ceiling a Large, Larger, or Largest room?

Klipsch advertises that their 3 largest floor standing towers are for the Large, Larger, and Largest rooms. I've listened to the largest pair at Fry's large auditorium theater and felt the largest speakers were far too much for anything but an auditorium. I like Klipsch but am concerned that a largest room which is recommended for their biggest speaker is way to much for my 16 x 19 room, especially if I live in a neighborhood or even have a neighborhood. Knowing what they define as a Large, Larger, or Largest room would be helpful. Unfortunately Fry's had no other Klipsch connected up for playback.
post #50763 of 50768 Unread Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post
Does anybody here know how Klipsch classifies a room which is 19' (open on one side to kitchen) x 16' x 10' ceiling a Large, Larger, or Largest room?

Klipsch advertises that their 3 largest floor standing towers are for the Large, Larger, and Largest rooms. I've listened to the largest pair at Fry's large auditorium theater and felt the largest speakers were far too much for anything but an auditorium. I like Klipsch but am concerned that a largest room which is recommended for their biggest speaker is way to much for my 16 x 19 room, especially if I live in a neighborhood or even have a neighborhood. Knowing what they define as a Large, Larger, or Largest room would be helpful. Unfortunately Fry's had no other Klipsch connected up for playback.
I'd give them a call and explain your goals. Some houses are better sound isolated than others.

I have 16x19x8' great room opens to the rest of the house and my Quartets/Academy plus an Emotiva Ultra 12 can get to levels that are uncomfortable.

Mains: Klipsch Quartets with upgraded tweeter/midrange diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Center: Klipsch Academy with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-25's
Sub: Emotiva Ultra 12
AV: Denon AVR-X4100W, Sony BDP-S6500, Vizio M60-D1 60" LCD
post #50764 of 50768 Unread Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post

A lot of that is a bit marketing. What specific speakers are you looking at, and what are your overall listening goals.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #50765 of 50768 Unread Today, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
I have the 8" variant, the RB81ii, on corner bookshelves in my office driven by my Emotiva a-100 mini-X (50 Wpc) and Onkyo C-7030 CDP in a dedicated stereo system. The largest Reference line bookshelf speakers were chosen due to their advertised LF response and SPL rating, as well as the ease of placement due to their front porting design. Their choice was also influenced by their availability then and price (Cost after discount for 'trying' a new Amazon CC: $209/ea!). In retrospect, the slightly smaller RB61ii's, which are also front-ported and give up very little to my RB81ii's in spec's (45Hz vs 44Hz @ -3dB & SPL of 95 dB vs 97 dB!), would have been easier to place due to size and weight (~10lb/ea lighter!).

In an odd turn of events, earlier this fall I found my VG++ '77 vintage Heresys and placed them in front of the corner bookcases, adding a new Emotiva A-100 BAS-X to drive them. I can now A-B the two speakers. Their is no doubt - the RB's are brighter, go lower, and are slightly more sensitive than the vintage Heresys. Understandably, the vintage Klipsch speakers have a bit more presence due to their MF horn (Actually, they have the same MF & HF horns as the then model Klipschorns!). The pair are enough different that I am not in any hurry to decide which pair I like best. I would say that by interpolation, the RB61ii's would make a fine sounding main set of speakers - and, at $329/pr vs $1,998/pr for the Heresys, clearly, they are a great value!

Of course, I've always wanted the Heresys... and even my older pair sound great...
agreed, I have 4 RB-81II I am getting this week, basically this month was upgrade everything lol!

Upgrading my 4 RF-82II WITH (4) RF-7II
UUpgrading my 4 RB-61II with RB-81II
Upgrading 64" TV with 138" 2.35:1 and 6040 epson
Upgrading 4311ci with X7200WA

My wife may kill me
post #50766 of 50768 Unread Today, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog View Post
My Klipsch Home Theater...Front View

very nice! Here is nice...no laughing at small TV lol I have 138" 2.35:1 and epson 6040 on the way.

Actually upgrading everything but center this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161203_170425-800x600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1808457  
post #50767 of 50768 Unread Today, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Look... a movie about a snow storm.

Astell & Kern AK120ii-Klipsch x11i-Klipsch x20i
Pioneer SC85-Eastern Electric Minimax Pre Amp-Bel Canto REF500M-Dennis Had Inspire Hotrod
Klipsch La Scala II/Aletheia Audio-Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio-Heresy II Signature-SW-115
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse-OPPO BDP93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #50768 of 50768 Unread Today, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Starting a new thread

I couldn't find where to post a new question and hope I'm in the right place. If not I'm sorry. Anyways I hae Klipsch RF-82II and they sound crappy" All the reviews I have read are very good and people seem to be very happy with them but I surely am not"" I'm running an old Onkyo A-7 amp and it just doesn't sound good at all. My cables are not super expensive bit they work fine it seems. I have plenty of power so I don't think its that. Into the amp I'm running an oppo dvd player I use to play cd,s and a grace internet tuner. The amp has no cd input so I'm using a tape monitor and tuner for the radio. Can someone please tell me what is wrong? I use 14ga stranded copper wire for speakers connections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black