Klipsch owner thread - Page 1725 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6106Likes
post #51721 of 51726 Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 773 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
i ran audyssey because i though it would help with my dang room reflections/echoing but it did not help with that
audyssey on or off doesnt change the volume (dynamic eg/vol off - a marantz feature)
For room reflections/echos you need room acoustic treatments.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch ST screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13-Ultra x 2
Loft theater: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #51722 of 51726 Unread Today, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently picked up a r28f system for a crazy good price. I am powering it with a Denon x1300w. I think it sounds pretty good!

What are the pros to upgrading to the RP series? Maybe the RP260.

I live in an apartment and listening at reference levels is impossible. I got a warning from the office less than 48hrs of installing the system.
post #51723 of 51726 Unread Today, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfast247 View Post
I recently picked up a r28f system for a crazy good price. I am powering it with a Denon x1300w. I think it sounds pretty good!

I live in an apartment and listening at reference levels is impossible. I got a warning from the office less than 48hrs of installing the system.
From my recent experience (read back a few pages) --- NOTHING.

It was especially tragic after going through all of the return process then buying a pair of the RF82 IIs and getting them home and then having to put them out in the damn room so they had enough space behind them for the ports, and then having a more harsh sounding high end (okay, so break them in yada yada...) and the mids didn't sound as nice, but of course they are crossed over at a different frequency... on and on. Then boxing those up and returning them and driving back to best buy to get back my original pair of R28Fs since I know they were perfect. What a freaking nightmare, and it was worse because I have PTSD.

So happy I got back my R28Fs. Great rock & roll and home theater speakers. And you can shove them all the way up to the wall too, as it's front ported. I cranked up fleetwood mac rumours and was in heaven, sounds so good. Excellent bass and mids. Great sounding vocals. perfect classic rock, R&B, and home theater speaker. Love it.

The R28Fs are great sounding speakers, don't let the naysayers pooh pooh because they're not top of the line.

My .02

post #51724 of 51726 Unread Today, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
i ran audyssey because i though it would help with my dang room reflections/echoing but it did not help with that
audyssey on or off doesnt change the volume (dynamic eg/vol off - a marantz feature)
Audyssey changes channel gain, and simply turning it on and off keeps the channel volume settings as they were. Also, filtering in audyssey can cause a slight change in volume with different speakers. I'm not refering to dynamic volume/EQ at all, which is an Audyssey feature, not Marantz per se.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #51725 of 51726 Unread Today, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Corrieri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfast247 View Post

It was especially tragic after going through all of the return process then buying a pair of the RF82 IIs and getting them home and then having to put them out in the damn room so they had enough space behind them for the ports, and then having a more harsh sounding high end (okay, so break them in yada yada...) and the mids didn't sound as nice, but of course they are crossed over at a different frequency... on and on. Then boxing those up and returning them and driving back to best buy to get back my original pair of R28Fs since I know they were perfect. What a freaking nightmare, and it was worse because I have PTSD.

So happy I got back my R28Fs. Great rock & roll and home theater speakers. And you can shove them all the way up to the wall too, as it's front ported. I cranked up fleetwood mac rumours and was in heaven, sounds so good. Excellent bass and mids. Great sounding vocals. perfect classic rock, R&B, and home theater speaker. Love it.

The R28Fs are great sounding speakers, don't let the naysayers pooh pooh because they're not top of the line.

My .02
I appreciate that reply and your choice of music. I would not be able to give rear ported speakers proper clearance anyways.
post #51726 of 51726 Unread Today, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Corrieri View Post

My .02
Sorry you went through all that, but glad to hear you ended up with something that makes you happy--fundamentally, that should be all that any of us are really seeking, regardless of the gear we choose.

That Fleetwood Mac is good stuff. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page