Klipsch owner thread - Page 1725 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6106Likes
post #51721 of 51735 Unread 02-20-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
i ran audyssey because i though it would help with my dang room reflections/echoing but it did not help with that
audyssey on or off doesnt change the volume (dynamic eg/vol off - a marantz feature)
For room reflections/echos you need room acoustic treatments.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch ST screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13-Ultra x 2
Loft theater: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #51722 of 51735 Unread Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently picked up a r28f system for a crazy good price. I am powering it with a Denon x1300w. I think it sounds pretty good!

What are the pros to upgrading to the RP series? Maybe the RP260.

I live in an apartment and listening at reference levels is impossible. I got a warning from the office less than 48hrs of installing the system.
post #51723 of 51735 Unread Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfast247 View Post
I recently picked up a r28f system for a crazy good price. I am powering it with a Denon x1300w. I think it sounds pretty good!

I live in an apartment and listening at reference levels is impossible. I got a warning from the office less than 48hrs of installing the system.
From my recent experience (read back a few pages) --- NOTHING.

It was especially tragic after going through all of the return process then buying a pair of the RF82 IIs and getting them home and then having to put them out in the damn room so they had enough space behind them for the ports, and then having a more harsh sounding high end (okay, so break them in yada yada...) and the mids didn't sound as nice, but of course they are crossed over at a different frequency... on and on. Then boxing those up and returning them and driving back to best buy to get back my original pair of R28Fs since I know they were perfect. What a freaking nightmare, and it was worse because I have PTSD.

So happy I got back my R28Fs. Great rock & roll and home theater speakers. And you can shove them all the way up to the wall too, as it's front ported. I cranked up fleetwood mac rumours and was in heaven, sounds so good. Excellent bass and mids. Great sounding vocals. perfect classic rock, R&B, and home theater speaker. Love it.

The R28Fs are great sounding speakers, don't let the naysayers pooh pooh because they're not top of the line.

My .02

post #51724 of 51735 Unread Yesterday, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
i ran audyssey because i though it would help with my dang room reflections/echoing but it did not help with that
audyssey on or off doesnt change the volume (dynamic eg/vol off - a marantz feature)
Audyssey changes channel gain, and simply turning it on and off keeps the channel volume settings as they were. Also, filtering in audyssey can cause a slight change in volume with different speakers. I'm not refering to dynamic volume/EQ at all, which is an Audyssey feature, not Marantz per se.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #51725 of 51735 Unread Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Corrieri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfast247 View Post

It was especially tragic after going through all of the return process then buying a pair of the RF82 IIs and getting them home and then having to put them out in the damn room so they had enough space behind them for the ports, and then having a more harsh sounding high end (okay, so break them in yada yada...) and the mids didn't sound as nice, but of course they are crossed over at a different frequency... on and on. Then boxing those up and returning them and driving back to best buy to get back my original pair of R28Fs since I know they were perfect. What a freaking nightmare, and it was worse because I have PTSD.

So happy I got back my R28Fs. Great rock & roll and home theater speakers. And you can shove them all the way up to the wall too, as it's front ported. I cranked up fleetwood mac rumours and was in heaven, sounds so good. Excellent bass and mids. Great sounding vocals. perfect classic rock, R&B, and home theater speaker. Love it.

The R28Fs are great sounding speakers, don't let the naysayers pooh pooh because they're not top of the line.

My .02
I appreciate that reply and your choice of music. I would not be able to give rear ported speakers proper clearance anyways.
post #51726 of 51735 Unread Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

My .02
Sorry you went through all that, but glad to hear you ended up with something that makes you happy--fundamentally, that should be all that any of us are really seeking, regardless of the gear we choose.

That Fleetwood Mac is good stuff. Enjoy!
post #51727 of 51735 Unread Today, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
RP 280
i'm not too impressed with the 'high sensitivity'
loudness does not appear to be significantly higher than previous speakers i had (ascend340s). i'm listening to my usual -19 (although new is AVR marantz 1506) ... and actually seems to be less loud than i remember..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Both the Klipsch and Ascends are high efficiency speakers and I doubt you can hear either one above reference levels without hurting your ears. So which sound better to you is the one you should be looking at. There is a guy @Theriddler07sms had very nice ascend system (Sierra line) and is now using Klipsch RP line and maybe he can give his opinion in better detail the differences between each in his situation.
I had the Sierra 2's, Sierra 1's, and a Sierra Horizon. I now have Klipsch 160m, 240s, and a 440c. The Sierra were better for music than the Klipsch line but for movies I cant tell a difference. I understand where you are coming from with them being less loud at same listening level.

The Klipsch are high sensitivity so they play louder. When I would run audessey on my Sierras it would place them at around -1 to -2 db, the Klipsch are around -6 to -8. I had to turn up my Klipsch to around -3 to -4 on the receiver to have same listening level at similar volume setting.

After everything, I am very satisfied with my Klipsch and am currently looing at on-ceiling option for atmos speakers.
post #51728 of 51735 Unread Today, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:

My .02
Those ports shouldn't need more than a foot. Are you using any sort of room correction?

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #51729 of 51735 Unread Today, 02:12 PM

Would you guys use R-5502-W II or R-6800-W II for LCR speakers with an AT screen?
post #51730 of 51735 Unread Today, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hello,
Does any know of any center channel speaker mounts for Klipsch RP-450C? Do you guys recommend one or suggest it just lay on the floor. Prefer the mounts so its above the floor and easy cleaning of floor. Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.
Thanks
post #51731 of 51735 Unread Today, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberu202 View Post
Hello,
Does any know of any center channel speaker mounts for Klipsch RP-450C? Do you guys recommend one or suggest it just lay on the floor. Prefer the mounts so its above the floor and easy cleaning of floor. Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.
Thanks
Are you able to buy/build a stand to put your speaker on. You do not want it on the floor if possible. When you asked for speaker mounts, are you talking about wall mounts?

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch ST screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13-Ultra x 2
Loft theater: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #51732 of 51735 Unread Today, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I love my Klipsch speakers in my home theater. I did a 7.1.4 array using all in wall/ceiling speakers from them, paired with a 12 inch JL Audio sub, and it ROCKS.

To speak to an earlier post about Klipsch and its perceived status (or lack thereof) in the audiophile world, I can tell you that I am the first to admit that I considered MANY other, "higher quality" speakers for my home theater. In the end, the Klipsch sound amazing, and while I may not know if the more expensive ones would sound better, it doesn't matter I love what I have! And that is all that is important. Too many folks on forums want to make you feel "less than" or as though whatever you decide, you made the wrong choice.

That said, I would not consider Klipsch for stereo listening, as the signature is not one I enjoy for music. I prefer B&W (which I have) and a few other brands. For home theater? Klipsch all the way, for me. Happy owner, here

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
post #51733 of 51735 Unread Today, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
I love my Klipsch speakers in my home theater. I did a 7.1.4 array using all in wall/ceiling speakers from them, paired with a 12 inch JL Audio sub, and it ROCKS.

To speak to an earlier post about Klipsch and its perceived status (or lack thereof) in the audiophile world, I can tell you that I am the first to admit that I considered MANY other, "higher quality" speakers for my home theater. In the end, the Klipsch sound amazing, and while I may not know if the more expensive ones would sound better, it doesn't matter I love what I have! And that is all that is important. Too many folks on forums want to make you feel "less than" or as though whatever you decide, you made the wrong choice.

That said, I would not consider Klipsch for stereo listening, as the signature is not one I enjoy for music. I prefer B&W (which I have) and a few other brands. For home theater? Klipsch all the way, for me. Happy owner, here
Listen to a klipsch Heritage speakers... like a Cornwall or LaScala etc different story on music.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, SVS PB 13 Ultra
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
post #51734 of 51735 Unread Today, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

Listen to a klipsch Heritage speakers... like a Cornwall or LaScala etc different story on music.
I have. Not my taste. Wonderful speakers, just not my thing
post #51735 of 51735 Unread Today, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Finally broke down and ordered another R-26F, now I will have a matching LCR. Can't wait for the weekend to do some testing

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black