Klipsch owner thread - Page 1734 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6413Likes
post #51991 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Jesus... $40 for jumper cables?

Astell & Kern AK120ii-Klipsch x11i-Klipsch x20i-Sony MDF-Z7
Pioneer SC85-NBS Preamp-Bel Canto REF500M-Dennis Had Inspire Hotrod
Klipsch La Scala II/Aletheia Audio-Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio-Heresy II Signature-SW115
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse-OPPO BDP93
Samsung PN64D8000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #51992 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I just use OEM brass plates and bare wire. I never take my wires on and off to need banana plugs. Banana or bare wire, its up to you. Makes no difference in sound.
Oh yes and same with jumper cables vs brass plates. I'm sure there no sound differences. Just when you dusting behind looks there pretty serious😀😀😀

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B, Oppo 203
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
post #51993 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubeedoobee View Post
Jesus... $40 for jumper cables?
But they look good!

post #51994 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 09:50 AM

Spring in the Air...

Klipsch La Scala II/Aletheia Audio-Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio-Heresy II Signature-SW115
Samsung PN64D8000
post #51995 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback. I think I will leave the speakers as is for now, I don't anticipate moving them much once I have the screen wall finally finished. I liked the grip that the speakers had with bare wire a little more than the banana clips.

My other question is that I'm running a pair of R115SW's off of a Denon 6300. Where should I start with the phase, low pass and gain? Right now I'm at Zero Degrees, LFE and slightly past half way on gain. I have each of them hooked up with 50 foot mediabridge subwoofer cables directly from the DVR into the L/LFE port on the back of the sub box.

I have yet to finish up installing everything in the theater, so I have not run Auddysey yet. I'd like to make sure the basic settings are in line with where they should be before I start tuning. Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated. As of right now, we've played a little music and listened to an older DVD of the original Transformers and I'm thoroughly impressed with these speakers.
post #51996 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticbowman View Post
Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback. I think I will leave the speakers as is for now, I don't anticipate moving them much once I have the screen wall finally finished. I liked the grip that the speakers had with bare wire a little more than the banana clips.

My other question is that I'm running a pair of R115SW's off of a Denon 6300. Where should I start with the phase, low pass and gain? Right now I'm at Zero Degrees, LFE and slightly past half way on gain. I have each of them hooked up with 50 foot mediabridge subwoofer cables directly from the DVR into the L/LFE port on the back of the sub box.

I have yet to finish up installing everything in the theater, so I have not run Auddysey yet. I'd like to make sure the basic settings are in line with where they should be before I start tuning. Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated. As of right now, we've played a little music and listened to an older DVD of the original Transformers and I'm thoroughly impressed with these speakers.

start with phase of 0 degrees and just get spl meter out and something like disney wow disk. If not have one you can just use your AVR for calibration. You want all speakers at 75db from AVR's test tones.

If both of your subs are at same location then you want to calibrate one sub at a time. Together you will get 3 to 6db with duals so maybe calibrate it as 72db each. If you want more bass just up the gain on the subs.
arcticbowman likes this.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #51997 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubeedoobee View Post
Spring in the Air...

Those LaScala's look awesome my bother had a pair in the 80's with a McIntosh tube amp and pre/amp our dad owned. In the 90's he added a sub and it made a difference in that room. How much does the plant vibrate when you have the sub cranked up some?

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
SVS PB 13 Ultra
Yamaha RX-V1900 PS3
post #51998 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for your detailed response ldgibson76, this helps a lot! I have been reading various opinions on extra amplification at moderate levels (some say they hear SQ improvements), the 450c and 64ii, and trying to filter reality with opinion.... but what you have stated reinforces my gut feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post
A lot of times, the center channel performance is a dependent on the quality of the soundtrack. Not all soundtracks are created equal. Dialogue on some soundtracks are just poorly recorded.
I think this comment has a lot of merit.... with the RP-450C, I really do hear the subtle differences in recording quality as some material sounds great, other muffled and/or unrealistic which bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post
I agree with what has been mentioned previously. That is to buy a 3 channel amp from a retailer with a generous return policy and see if there's an improvement across the front channels, especially the center performance. If you can discern a difference and it's a positive difference, stay with the 450C. Not only that, it's the less expensive option vs. buying an RC-64II.
I live in Canada, and choices are limited... especially with a generous return policy. Almost everything is special order, then non-refundable because it was 'special order'. I do have an older RX-V657 that I could use as a dedicated centre amp, I will see if there is any improvements (if I can get it to work). The 64iii will be out later this year, the horn material is similar to the RP series but tweeter is 1.75" over the 450C 1". Might be a closer sound to the RP and easier to EQ with the RP-280F's, and (hopefully) won't be special order allowing me to trial it.

The wife and son are gone this weekend, so I will play with the PEq a bit more and see if I can flatten the response curve further to make it more palatable with a wider range of material.

Thanks for the pic, I think I can handle the size difference in my current set-up, just won't be able to angle the centre up as far!

Last edited by kellyk75; 03-20-2017 at 03:46 PM.
post #51999 of 52018 Unread 03-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
How much does the plant vibrate when you have the sub cranked up some?
They dont move... the pictures on the walls shake, but the sub itself is very stable. I really think the plants like the vibrations

And no... I dont water the plants while they are on the speakers
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.

Samsung PN64D8000
post #52000 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
To the posters with an RF82ii and RC62ii setup - I replaced my KG 4.2 and KV3 with these and im almost shocked how much brighter they are. To the point, im hearing some harshness in highs, particularly in voices on certain programs (id say in about half of the tv programs and movies ive watched so far) that I dont remember hearing before. Do these mellow out after a little breakin period? I know Klipsch are bright, but Im definitely going to have to get used to these. By no means am i disappointed, just surprised i guess.
post #52001 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Anyone that's made the switch from RF 62/82 II to RF 7 II care to share with me their experience? Music, HT, etc?

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #52002 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
To the posters with an RF82ii and RC62ii setup - I replaced my KG 4.2 and KV3 with these and im almost shocked how much brighter they are. To the point, im hearing some harshness in highs, particularly in voices on certain programs (id say in about half of the tv programs and movies ive watched so far) that I dont remember hearing before. Do these mellow out after a little breakin period? I know Klipsch are bright, but Im definitely going to have to get used to these. By no means am i disappointed, just surprised i guess.
Huh, maybe it's my room, or use of Audyssey, but mine don't seem excessively bright at all. I haven't spent much time with Audyssey off, and none recently. I'm going to need to do some extended listening with Audyssey off to form an educated opinion.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen 3 3 channel
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RB-61 II, RB-51 II, RB-10
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma
post #52003 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:

I assume you use a AVR etc that has a room correction program and you have run this and still notice these new HT Klipsch are Brighter in the mids and highs (Ti diaphragms do this) from what you were use too. Go into the AVR GEQ and lower the gain on the mids and tweeters until they are blended in with the system then.Or raise the gain on your subs to help blend in the mid and highs. YMMV some large open rooms have reflections that when adjusting the gain while playing a movie loud you just can't attenuate the gain enough enough at that SPL. I had to ADD gain in my center and rears after I hooked up my SVS PB 13 Ultra (what sub do you use). My Cornwall (fronts) are Phenolic diaphragms, like you older Klipsch that have a warmer tone to them at high listening levels so when I had smaller subs I had to lower the gain the rears and center ( I upgraded Crites Ti) with Ti diaphragms. . This was the way I over came not having all my HT "Timber Matched"
Mongo171 likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
SVS PB 13 Ultra
Yamaha RX-V1900 PS3
post #52004 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I assume you use a AVR etc that has a room correction program and you have run this and still notice these new HT Klipsch are Brighter in the mids and highs (Ti diaphragms do this) from what you were use too. Go into the AVR GEQ and lower the gain on the mids and tweeters until they are blended in with the system then.Or raise the gain on your subs to help blend in the mid and highs. YMMV some large open rooms have reflections that when adjusting the gain while playing a movie loud you just can't attenuate the gain enough enough at that SPL. I had to ADD gain in my center and rears after I hooked up my SVS PB 13 Ultra (what sub do you use). My Cornwall (fronts) are Phenolic diaphragms, like you older Klipsch that have a warmer tone to them at high listening levels so when I had smaller subs I had to lower the gain the rears and center ( I upgraded Crites Ti) with Ti diaphragms. . This was the way I over came not having all my HT "Timber Matched"
Yes, i shouldve mentioned i have a denon x2000 and have run audessey. Again, everything seems fine, audessey has adjusted everything correctly, but yeah, im surpised. Im not sure what settings i can adjust to offset anything actually. I did flush my center front with the glass shelf that its sitting on to see if that helps as it was sitting about an inch back. It also has a shelf over it, so moving it should help. There is no doubt these are brighter than my KGs.

Drh3b, what did you have before the ii series?
post #52005 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 03:03 PM

I also did a tweeter test by playing a violin and piano track at high level and it was clear as day. Maybe its just the source material and new speakers since 24 years ago.
ceptorman likes this.
post #52006 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 441
[QUOTE=Schubeedoobee;51643049]Spring in the Air...

Looks great, the orchids captures the eye and diminish the Klpsch profile. I barley notice them sitting there. Not easily done with a LaScala
post #52007 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Anyone that's made the switch from RF 62/82 II to RF 7 II care to share with me their experience? Music, HT, etc?
You are just want to get towers or center as well? Anyway I came from F-3's to RF-82II's and then to RF-7II's. Step up from F3 to RF-82II was not that big as from RF-82II to RF-7II. In my case and set up biggest different is 2 channel music it is big different since woofers size and specially horn size. When I hooked up RF-7II's first time and compare them with same songs with RF-82II's I was smilling a big time. Even without any set up differents is right there after few seconds of listening. If I will use only towers for movies as well then again step up is pretty nice, dialog is better, cleaner but to be honest since I have RC-64II as well I used only towers for movies just few times for streaming from Antik box. 99.8% for movies I use whole system. If you have chance to get RF-7II's go for it, I'm glad I get mine almost 2 years ago. I'm sure you will never say: OMG why I did it, what I mistake that is not going to happend. More likely will be: Why I been waiting so long
Louis Bartay and mn2422 like this.

Denon X6200W
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-200
post #52008 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
You are just want to get towers or center as well? Anyway I came from F-3's to RF-82II's and then to RF-7II's. Step up from F3 to RF-82II was not that big as from RF-82II to RF-7II. In my case and set up biggest different is 2 channel music it is big different since woofers size and specially horn size. When I hooked up RF-7II's first time and compare them with same songs with RF-82II's I was smilling a big time. Even without any set up differents is right there after few seconds of listening. If I will use only towers for movies as well then again step up is pretty nice, dialog is better, cleaner but to be honest since I have RC-64II as well I used only towers for movies just few times for streaming from Antik box. 99.8% for movies I use whole system. If you have chance to get RF-7II's go for it, I'm glad I get mine almost 2 years ago. I'm sure you will never say: OMG why I did it, what I mistake that is not going to happend. More likely will be: Why I been waiting so long
I really want to scoop up some cherry 7s/64.
Louis Bartay likes this.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #52009 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really want to scoop up some cherry 7s/64.
What LCR you have now?

Denon X6200W
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-200
post #52010 of 52018 Unread Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, i shouldve mentioned i have a denon x2000 and have run audessey. Again, everything seems fine, audessey has adjusted everything correctly, but yeah, im surpised. Im not sure what settings i can adjust to offset anything actually. I did flush my center front with the glass shelf that its sitting on to see if that helps as it was sitting about an inch back. It also has a shelf over it, so moving it should help. There is no doubt these are brighter than my KGs.

Drh3b, what did you have before the ii series?
I had Polk RT55i, which are basically towers chopped into really heavy bookshelves(35 lbs each), with Velodyne subwoofers. The big difference to me is the greater detail the Klipsches have, which I enjoy. Other than that, the way the Polks were powered(much less clean power), and the way I ran Audyssey differently makes it impossible to compare them. I ran Audyssey the traditional way with the Polks, but just two measurements at the MLP for the Klipsches which seems to have worked really well. The other difference, between the higher sensitivity of the Klipsches, and the much greater clean power they are being driven with is how much louder I can play the Klipsches w/o any harshness or fatigue.

You probably already know this, but Audyssey generally has 3 curves, Flat, which tries to do just that, Audyssey or Movie, that rolls off the highs, and L/R bypass which I believe doesn't touch the mains, and tries to match the rest of the speakers to the mains. If you haven't tried already, you might want to try the Audyssey curve to see if that works better for you, or even switch between the Audyssey curve and the Flat curve depending on the material.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203

Last edited by drh3b; Today at 08:00 AM.
post #52011 of 52018 Unread Today, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
went from RF-82 to RF-7II...night and day...82's were good, 7's are great...at first I thought they were shrill, but I added a power amp, which seemed to modify the sound and make it more palatable. I hear things I had not heard before when listening to streamed music via Tidal or Apple Music...they are amazing speakers.
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.
post #52012 of 52018 Unread Today, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello I was hoping I could get some advice from fellow Klipsch enthusiasts as to an AVR upgrade for my RF-7 5.1 setup.
I currently have an old Yamaha RX-V series that has worked well for me but it has no HDMI so its just to antiquated to use with the new equipment i am purchasing.
I have not kept myself in the loop with the newer technology as of late so I have been cramming as much as possible.
I would like to keep the price range between $500-$800.
Any advice would be appreciated

SKID
post #52013 of 52018 Unread Today, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal Tap View Post
Hello I was hoping I could get some advice from fellow Klipsch enthusiasts as to an AVR upgrade for my RF-7 5.1 setup.
I currently have an old Yamaha RX-V series that has worked well for me but it has no HDMI so its just to antiquated to use with the new equipment i am purchasing.
I have not kept myself in the loop with the newer technology as of late so I have been cramming as much as possible.
I would like to keep the price range between $500-$800.
Any advice would be appreciated
Depends what you want. If you don't need Atmos, this is a no brainer. This is a near top of the line Denon receiver from a few years ago, very well reviewed at the time.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a multi channel input, so if you need one, nevermind. It has 7 HDMI inputs, 7.2 channels,125 wpc and the best Audyssey(similar, but better than YPAO). This was a $1300 receiver a few years ago, a steal at $500. It will play all the 5.1 and 7.1 Dolbys and DTS'.
Spinal Tap and Louis Bartay like this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203
post #52014 of 52018 Unread Today, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Depends what you want. If you don't need Atmos, this is a no brainer. This is a near top of the line Denon receiver from a few years ago, very well reviewed at the time.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a multi channel input, so if you need one, nevermind. It has 7 HDMI inputs, 7.2 channels,125 wpc and the best Audyssey(similar, but better than YPAO). This was a $1300 receiver a few years ago, a steal at $500. It will play all the 5.1 and 7.1 Dolbys and DTS'.
I appreciate the input. If I was looking to incorporate Atmos is there anything similar?
I was looking at Denon and saw this model Denon AVRX2300W for near the same price?

SKID
post #52015 of 52018 Unread Today, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I appreciate the input. If I was looking to incorporate Atmos is there anything similar?
I was looking at Denon and saw this model Denon AVRX2300W for near the same price?
If you want Atmos, i would recommend stepping up to this:

The reason being the AVRX2300 is very bare bones. I don't have personal experience with Atmos, I have a 7.2 based setup, but I have read that the Atmos experience is much better with 4 heights, and there is no way to get four heights with the AVRX2300. The AVRX4200w can power a 5.2 system with 2 heights, and with an outboard amp, the other 2 heights. You can use your old receiver for the outboard amp. Also, it has a better version of Audyssey, which should do a better job of setting up your speakers. I just feel if you got the cheaper one, you would end up disappointed. I know I would.
Spinal Tap likes this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203

Last edited by drh3b; Today at 10:31 AM.
post #52016 of 52018 Unread Today, 10:18 AM

I believe that is a refurbished model. Do you have any experience with a refurbished model? Ive always wondered but never had the guts to take the plunge.
Can you help me understand a little more what makes the more expensive models better?
Thanks

SKID
post #52017 of 52018 Unread Today, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I believe that is a refurbished model. Do you have any experience with a refurbished model? Ive always wondered but never had the guts to take the plunge.
Can you help me understand a little more what makes the more expensive models better?
Thanks
Yeah, refurb makes me nervous, too. I believe accessories for less has a good reputation, maybe some people with experience can chime in? I typically buy my AVRs when they are being clearanced for the new models. I have never dealt with them myself, I have gotten clearance Onkyos and Denons from Crutchfield, and Amazon, and my experience, Denon very good, Onkyo horrible.

For me, the rear height channel capability, and the top of the line Audyssey Platinum suite make it worth it for me. Everything else it may have is fluff, for my uses. I love Audysey Platinum for it's ability to just bring the best out of your speakers and subs in your room. YMMV.
You could also contact @jdsmoothie he is very knowledgeable on Denon and Marantz receivers, and I believe he can sell them to you for a decent price as well.

Basically, it comes down to, if you buy the cheaper one, and you decide to upgrade to 4 heights, you can't. The better Audyssey will do a better job of integrating up to 9 speakers and up to 2 subs. That, to me, is worth the money.
I am going to be off the Internet for at least 13 or so hours, so maybe someone can verify my choice, or find a better one.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203
post #52018 of 52018 Unread Today, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
I had Polk RT55i, which are basically towers chopped into really heavy bookshelves(35 lbs each), with Velodyne subwoofers. The big difference to me is the greater detail the Klipsches have, which I enjoy. Other than that, the way the Polks were powered(much less clean power), and the way I ran Audyssey differently makes it impossible to compare them. I ran Audyssey the traditional way with the Polks, but just two measurements at the MLP for the Klipsches which seems to have worked really well. The other difference, between the higher sensitivity of the Klipsches, and the much greater clean power they are being driven with is how much louder I can play the Klipsches w/o any harshness or fatigue.

You probably already know this, but Audyssey generally has 3 curves, Flat, which tries to do just that, Audyssey or Movie, that rolls off the highs, and L/R bypass which I believe doesn't touch the mains, and tries to match the rest of the speakers to the mains. If you haven't tried already, you might want to try the Audyssey curve to see if that works better for you, or even switch between the Audyssey curve and the Flat curve depending on the material.

Yeah, sounds like i definitely need to play around with it a bit. Hopefully they warm up a bit after a few months as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black