Klipsch owner thread - Page 1735 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6427Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #52021 of 52035 Old 03-24-2017, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,900
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal Tap View Post
I believe that is a refurbished model. Do you have any experience with a refurbished model? Ive always wondered but never had the guts to take the plunge.
Can you help me understand a little more what makes the more expensive models better?
Thanks
Contact @jdsmoothie here at AVS. He's an authorized Denon reseller and has great prices. I purchased my Denon 6300 from him and couldn't be happier. Also check out the Denon owners thread for great info from him and other users. Good luck.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
jconjason is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52022 of 52035 Old 03-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Today my new two RP-280's arrived to add to my R-115 sub and 450C center. I'm still undecided whether I'll add another pair of 280's for Surround or not. Or will the 250S suffice? Any tips?

By the way, the sound... so unreal! It's so detailed and realistic! And that is a conclusion based on a sound at low volume. Tomorrow I'll test the gentle giants out by playing music loud.

So happy with this purchase coming from the Klipsch XF-48.
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #52023 of 52035 Old 03-24-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,745
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Today my new two RP-280's arrived to add to my R-115 sub and 450C center. I'm still undecided whether I'll add another pair of 280's for Surround or not. Or will the 250S suffice? Any tips?

By the way, the sound... so unreal! It's so detailed and realistic! And that is a conclusion based on a sound at low volume. Tomorrow I'll test the gentle giants out by playing music loud.

So happy with this purchase coming from the Klipsch XF-48.
Congrats to nice towers and one more step to complete your HT set up. How big is your room? Can you fit another pair?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B, Oppo 203
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
 
post #52024 of 52035 Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 PM
Senior Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Congrats to nice towers and one more step to complete your HT set up. How big is your room? Can you fit another pair?

Thank you! My room is 31 ft x 16. Yes the another pair will fit easily, I will also add Atmos modules in the front, and maybe two in the back, but that is something for later.
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #52025 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,745
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Thank you! My room is 31 ft x 16. Yes the another pair will fit easily, I will also add Atmos modules in the front, and maybe two in the back, but that is something for later.
If your case I will add towers for surrounds for sure. ou have room to do it and it will be excellent.
IMWhizzle likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B, Oppo 203
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #52026 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM
Senior Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
If your case I will add towers for surrounds for sure. ou have room to do it and it will be excellent.
Thanks man! You just convinced me!
retro124 likes this.
IMWhizzle is online now  
post #52027 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,745
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Thanks man! You just convinced me!
When I bought RF-7II's I will keep my old RF-82II's and move them as surrounds but I don't have room for it so I sold them and went with RS-62II's.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B, Oppo 203
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #52028 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
rolldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I have 2 x 12" Klipsch subwoofers that I'm not using, and I have the Klipsch wireless subwoofer kit for them too. I bought all Klipsch Reference Premier speakers for my 7.2.4 Atmos setup, but I wasn't happy with their subs so I replaced them with an SMS PB-13 Ultra. This past week, I bought a Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar for my bedroom so I decided to try using one of these subs with the soundbar. I can't get the sub working for the life of me. I read that Yamaha has an optional wireless sub that can be used with this soundbar, but instead of spending more money, I thought I would try using what I have. I have it hooked up to the Klipsch wireless subwoofer kit, and the wireless receiver is hooked into the sub out, but I can't get any sound from it. I'm not sure if I have the wireless kit hooked up right, but I paired the wireless receivers together, both have green lights, but I still can't get any sound from the sub.

The Yamaha YSP-5600 has built-in Musiccast, so I'm wondering if that might be in conflict with the wireless receivers, since they both use 2.4ghz WiFi. Anyone have any suggestions? The subs worked last time I used them, and they've been collecting dust for the last 8 months or so. From what I understand,, the wireless kit is designed to work with any source, since it hooks up to the sub out. The wireless receivers have red and white RCA jacks, and I believe that I'm supposed to use the white connector to run the sub out to. Anyone have any ideas?
rolldog is offline  
post #52029 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Newbie
 
spencerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Need advice on a center channel for my system. I'm upgrading a Yamaha HTIB 5.1 system. I found a really good deal on a pair of Klipsch R-26F's and was planning to add a complimentary R-25C. Unfortunately when I got the new center channel home it was too large for my TV stand.

So now I need a center channel under 18 inches wide. Any suggestions on a brand or model? I was hoping to stay with Klipsch but their only center channel small enough is in the gallery series which I don't like the look of.

The AVR is a Denon AVR-920SW.

Thanks!
spencerm is offline  
post #52030 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
what lcr you have now?
rf62ii rc52ii



"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
ClawAndTalon is offline  
post #52031 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,039
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Liked: 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
My room is roughly 15 ft long x 12 ft wide x 9-9.5 ft high. I obviously cannot go for a mega large Klipsch cinema speakers due to my room size. However, looking at the Klipsch Pro "Permanent Installation" speakers, I am pretty sure I could make them work due to their size. How's the following setup (and I would appreciate any comments/opinions on changes and whatnot):

Mains: 2 x Klipsch KI-362-SMA-II
Center: 1 x Klipsch KI-362-SMA-II
Side surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Back surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Ceiling speakers: 4 x KI-172-SMA-II
Subwoofers: 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HPi+ + 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HP-Slave

How would this setup compare to a RF-7 III and RC-64 III based setup?

Also, the reason I went with the KI-362-SMA-II instead of the KI-396-SMA-II is because the horn is rotatable which I will most likely need as I will be placing the center speaker above or below the screen in a horizontal position.
You'll get much better feedback over at the Klipsch forum where it seems there are more people who've had experience with Pro speakers. A couple of things -- no one's really going to be able to provide much meaningful feedback about the RF-7/RC-64IIIs since no one has heard them. Also, what you propose seems like big-time overkill for your relatively small room. I have 2x RF-7II / RC-64II / 4x RS-62II / 2x RB-81II / 2x AW-525 / 2x PSA V1800 in an 18x16 dedicated room and I sure wouldn't want anything much larger.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Schwa is offline  
post #52032 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I have 2 x 12" Klipsch subwoofers that I'm not using, and I have the Klipsch wireless subwoofer kit for them too. I bought all Klipsch Reference Premier speakers for my 7.2.4 Atmos setup, but I wasn't happy with their subs so I replaced them with an SMS PB-13 Ultra. This past week, I bought a Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar for my bedroom so I decided to try using one of these subs with the soundbar. I can't get the sub working for the life of me. I read that Yamaha has an optional wireless sub that can be used with this soundbar, but instead of spending more money, I thought I would try using what I have. I have it hooked up to the Klipsch wireless subwoofer kit, and the wireless receiver is hooked into the sub out, but I can't get any sound from it. I'm not sure if I have the wireless kit hooked up right, but I paired the wireless receivers together, both have green lights, but I still can't get any sound from the sub.

The Yamaha YSP-5600 has built-in Musiccast, so I'm wondering if that might be in conflict with the wireless receivers, since they both use 2.4ghz WiFi. Anyone have any suggestions? The subs worked last time I used them, and they've been collecting dust for the last 8 months or so. From what I understand,, the wireless kit is designed to work with any source, since it hooks up to the sub out. The wireless receivers have red and white RCA jacks, and I believe that I'm supposed to use the white connector to run the sub out to. Anyone have any ideas?
Try running a red RCA (right0 and white RCA (left) to the sub input or use a 1 into 2 splitter at the sub to power both sides from the Right (RED) RCA to sub.. I do this to all my subs. Sorry I have never used wireless on any speaker before maybe someone who has done this post up.. Love my SVS PB 13 Ultra next to my Klipsch Cornwall fronts.
ceptorman likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
SVS PB 13 Ultra
Yamaha RX-V1900 PS3
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #52033 of 52035 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,745
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
rf62ii rc52ii
Well this is very unsafe move for you talking about your health. If you will be able to survive after you will go from RF-62II to RF-7II then from RC-52II to RC-64II that will kill you

No seriously I would say if you can do it I believe you will call it your best decision ever after you will try it.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B, Oppo 203
Emotiva XPA-200
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #52034 of 52035 Old Today, 12:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerm View Post
Hello,

Need advice on a center channel for my system. I'm upgrading a Yamaha HTIB 5.1 system. I found a really good deal on a pair of Klipsch R-26F's and was planning to add a complimentary R-25C. Unfortunately when I got the new center channel home it was too large for my TV stand.

So now I need a center channel under 18 inches wide. Any suggestions on a brand or model? I was hoping to stay with Klipsch but their only center channel small enough is in the gallery series which I don't like the look of.

The AVR is a Denon AVR-920SW.

Thanks!
Older model, but claims to be 16 inches wide
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040QMTK4...ure-scomp-wm-4
http://www.klipsch.com/products/rc-42-ii-center-speaker
ceptorman likes this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen 3 3 channel
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RB-61 II, RB-51 II, RB-10
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma

Last edited by drh3b; Today at 01:01 AM.
drh3b is online now  
post #52035 of 52035 Old Today, 02:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Today my new two RP-280's arrived to add to my R-115 sub and 450C center. I'm still undecided whether I'll add another pair of 280's for Surround or not. Or will the 250S suffice? Any tips?

By the way, the sound... so unreal! It's so detailed and realistic! And that is a conclusion based on a sound at low volume. Tomorrow I'll test the gentle giants out by playing music loud.

So happy with this purchase coming from the Klipsch XF-48.
Great speakers....congrats. Two more 280s sure would look nice in a large room. Multi channel music would bring them to life. Have fun and play with them.
IMWhizzle likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off