Klipsch owner thread - Page 1742 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6595Likes

post #52231 of 52258 Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigapp View Post

EDIT: specs on those speakers go down to 32 so you could try 40, I would probably try 60 or 50 first. But again each time you change this run another calibration.
In general you can go higher but should not go lower than crossover Adyssey set.
Confused why you're suggesting to rerun Audyssey if the op changes the speaker crossovers. There is no reason to do so. Rerunning Audyssey would ignore and erase any speaker settings anyway.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52232 of 52258 Old 04-18-2017, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 136
A great match for the Klipsch Copper cone, my new home made acoustic panels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190 (Large).JPG
Views:	139
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	2089665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194 (Large).JPG
Views:	130
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	2089673  

Sony VPL-HW40ES / Silver Ticket 110"
Pioneer SC-97
Klipsch RP-450C / 2x RP-280F / 2x R-5650-S II / 2x F-30 / 2x CDT5800 II
Sub: Outlaw Ultra-X12
HTPC Windows 7 and Kodi (with custom Phenomenal skin) / Home Server for Media
Custom Acoustic Panels
post #52233 of 52258 Old 04-18-2017, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Confused why you're suggesting to rerun Audyssey if the op changes the speaker crossovers. There is no reason to do so. Rerunning Audyssey would ignore and erase any speaker settings anyway.
Sorry, You are correct, thought I deleted that when I edited it. What I should have said: If after setting mains to small and adjusting crossover your still not happy, then play with speaker placement and toe-in, do sub crawl and rerun Audyssey and remember to set mains back to small.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Last edited by bigapp; 04-18-2017 at 07:52 AM.

post #52234 of 52258 Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I need help.

I'm just not hearing the benefit of the enabled atmos speakers in the 280fa's (I ran Audyssey and did not make any manual adjustments). Granted, my setup is 3.0.2 (rear speakers getting delivered on Tuesday) but I was still expecting to hear some over head effects.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road and San Andreas and while they both sounded great, I did not get the atmos experience I was expecting.

Will I notice a huge difference once I incorporate the rear surrounds or will it just sound more like a 5.1 setup?

I know this is not an easy question to answer but I was just wondering if you guys had any thoughts.

I was originally going to post this in the atmos chat but since its related to Klipsch speakers, I figured I would try here first.

Additional info....my room is 18x13.5 with 8' flat ceiling.

Receiver: Marantz SR-6011 Fronts: 2x RP-280fa Center: RP-450c
Surrounds:
2x RP-150m Subs: 2x SVS PB-1000 TV: PN64F8500
post #52235 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have any personal experience with Dolby Atmos speakers but I was listening to the HTGuys podcast (really well done, these guys are always worth a listen) and Ara Derderian said that he didn't see a huge benefit to his Atmos set up, at least not yet. I'm paraphrasing from bad memory but he seemed to think that Hollywood hasn't quite gotten the knack for dealing with Atmos sound effects and over time you will see an improvement. In larger rooms the effects should be a bit more apparent, in smaller rooms you will not get the effects given how overwhelming the sound may already be in a small room. I don't think this is a Klipsch issue for you. What Ara said made sense to me. It's the state of the art not quite there yet to take advantage of the hardware available. Give it time, it may improve. Check out their podcast. Really well done.
post #52236 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0093 View Post
I don't have any personal experience with Dolby Atmos speakers but I was listening to the HTGuys podcast (really well done, these guys are always worth a listen) and Ara Derderian said that he didn't see a huge benefit to his Atmos set up, at least not yet. I'm paraphrasing from bad memory but he seemed to think that Hollywood hasn't quite gotten the knack for dealing with Atmos sound effects and over time you will see an improvement. In larger rooms the effects should be a bit more apparent, in smaller rooms you will not get the effects given how overwhelming the sound may already be in a small room. I don't think this is a Klipsch issue for you. What Ara said made sense to me. It's the state of the art not quite there yet to take advantage of the hardware available. Give it time, it may improve. Check out their podcast. Really well done.
I have listened to their podcast in the past but not this particular episode but I totally agree with what was said.

I just came to that same conclusion last night. My receiver only has 7 channels and my atmos add-ons were using 2 of them for no apparently reason. I've never really heard anything overhead except partially during an actual atmos demo. I disconnected that add-ons and added my back surrounds back to my system. My theater is on the smaller side and sound is usually bouncing all over the room anyhow so if the atmos speakers were adding anything at all (I don't really think they did), it couldn't be detected with the other speakers going during a movie.

The bad part about it for me what that I bought a whole new receiver just for Atmos and Dts:X. A big waste of money for a receiver and add-ons. My old Onkyo 809 ran my 7 channels with ease. It just seems that nothing released is ever fully baked and becomes a gimmick. Bought a 3D projector. Glad it's great for 2D also because 3D never actually caught on all that well. 3D TV's, also not so much.

I did learn a lesson though. I will NEVER buy another product that promises additional services that will only appear after the return window has closed.....DTS:X and Atmos.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
AVR: Denon X2200W
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 4
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
post #52237 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayreal23 View Post
I need help.

I'm just not hearing the benefit of the enabled atmos speakers in the 280fa's (I ran Audyssey and did not make any manual adjustments). Granted, my setup is 3.0.2 (rear speakers getting delivered on Tuesday) but I was still expecting to hear some over head effects.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road and San Andreas and while they both sounded great, I did not get the atmos experience I was expecting.

Will I notice a huge difference once I incorporate the rear surrounds or will it just sound more like a 5.1 setup?

I know this is not an easy question to answer but I was just wondering if you guys had any thoughts.

I was originally going to post this in the atmos chat but since its related to Klipsch speakers, I figured I would try here first.

Not sure about your AVR. I was just reading the Denon 4300H manual and found this.

"This unit is compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X which offers an even wider
and deeper surround sensation.
Dolby Atmos is not supported in a 5.1-channel or less speaker configuration.
"
post #52238 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
EdQ

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
I need help.

Since you are not using a approved Atmos configuration. My guess is you can't run Audyssey yet.

Samsung 75" UHDTV | Marantz 7010 - Surrounds | Integra DTR 9.1 - LCR | AIRCOM T8 | HTPC with Blu-Ray
Front - Polk RTi12 | Center - Polk CSi5 | Surrounds - Polk RTi6 | Atmos - Polk S15 | Klipsch R-115SW | 7.2.4
post #52239 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thank you guys for you replys.

Just to clarify, my setup is currently 3.0.2 (wife wont let me hookup the subs yet and my rear surrounds don't arrive until Tuesday)

I was able to get atmos to work by setting amp assign to 9.1 and running Audyssey again. Ultimately, I had to increase Height R and L by 4db.

I can't believe what a difference it made.

Again, thanks for the feedback fellas.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Receiver: Marantz SR-6011 Fronts: 2x RP-280fa Center: RP-450c
Surrounds:
2x RP-150m Subs: 2x SVS PB-1000 TV: PN64F8500
post #52240 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
I need help.

I recently kind of got my room going- temporarily have a tv in now for time being, awaiting screen and projector. Receiver is yamaha 3060.
I have the room wired for 9.2.6 and currently using 7.1.4. Using 280f for mains and 450c center and RS62II's for side and back surrounds ( might upgrade to RF7IIIs someday when available). ceiling speakers are CDT-5800 x6.

This is my first time hearing Atmos myself. I was skeptical at first and wondered if all the extra speakers, wiring and cost was worth it. I have to say I am glad I did it. first movie I watched was gravity- and it was amazing. Back surrounds were very active too. I mean that soundtrack rocked. My opinion is a movie done like this will standout much more than a heavy action packed movie. sometimes with all the sounds, things can get a bit overwhelming and lost with so much going on at once. But fly-overs of planes is pretty cool. If soundtrack is done right it can be a very cool experience instead of a big jumbled mess of sounds.

My ceilings are 10ft. so maybe that helps. Room is also dead quiet so that maybe another factor.
coming from watching movies in surround sound in my living room all these years to a dedicated treated room is a huge difference. night and day and really feels like the movies. I think this plays into the Atmos factor as well.

I have never heard the 280f's or any up firing atmos speaker so I cannot comment on how they portray Atmos soundtracks compared to ceiling speakers. Maybe location or reflections is affecting the sound in your setup. I don't think its a Klipsch thing- I mean Klipsch are great for movie soundtracks. Maybe try positioning the speakers a bit different if possible. experiment a bit when you have all your speakers in place. Also i found that acoustic wall treatments made a big difference too,
Louis Bartay likes this.

Last edited by thetman; Yesterday at 09:53 AM.
post #52241 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
EdQ

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Thank you guys for you replys.

Just to clarify, my setup is currently 3.0.2 (wife wont let me hookup the subs yet and my rear surrounds don't arrive until Tuesday)

I was able to get atmos to work by setting amp assign to 9.1 and running Audyssey again. Ultimately, I had to increase Height R and L by 4db.

I can't believe what a difference it made.

Again, thanks for the feedback fellas.
When you get your side surrounds installed. Run Audyssey again but you shouldn't need to increase the gain on the height speakers.
They are suppose to add to the experience, not be loud enough to be the experience.

Also Atmos isn't just about overhead sounds. It is about placing audio objects in 3D space. Having them louder will skew the location.
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.

Samsung 75" UHDTV | Marantz 7010 - Surrounds | Integra DTR 9.1 - LCR | AIRCOM T8 | HTPC with Blu-Ray
Front - Polk RTi12 | Center - Polk CSi5 | Surrounds - Polk RTi6 | Atmos - Polk S15 | Klipsch R-115SW | 7.2.4
post #52242 of 52258 Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Liked: 0
Hi,

Looking for a new AVR. What do you guys recommend pairing with Klipsch speakers. Some of the receivers I'm considering are:

1. Pioneer SC-LX501
2. Yamaha RX-A1060
3. Denon AVR-X3300

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #52243 of 52258 Old Today, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL616 View Post
Hi,

Looking for a new AVR. What do you guys recommend pairing with Klipsch speakers. Some of the receivers I'm considering are:

1. Pioneer SC-LX501
2. Yamaha RX-A1060
3. Denon AVR-X3300

Thanks for the help.

The Denon. It has the best version of the Audyssey room equalization program, which is the best room equalization program of those 3 brands. It will properly set up your speakers and two subs. Supposedly Pioneer has quality issues these days, I don't know if its true, but it something to think about. Yamaha is just as good as Denon quality wise, but Audyssey is widely considered better than YPAO for speaker setup.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen3 3 channel
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RB-61 II, RB-51 II, RB-10
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma
post #52244 of 52258 Old Today, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Hi,

1. Pioneer SC-LX501
2. Yamaha RX-A1060
3. Denon AVR-X3300

Thanks for the help.

To expand on my topic, I'm mostly interested in what AVR's you guys that have Klipsch speakers are using. What do you like and dislike about them with the Klipsch speakers? If you have one of the ones I'm considering and could give me a detailed run down that would be even better. Not interested in people's opinions of stuff they don't even own or people looking to bash brands just because of what they heard. Thanks

post #52245 of 52258 Old Today, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
To expand on my topic, I'm mostly interested in what AVR's you guys that have Klipsch speakers are using. What do you like and dislike about them with the Klipsch speakers? If you have one of the ones I'm considering and could give me a detailed run down that would be even better. Not interested in people's opinions of stuff they don't even own or people looking to bash brands just because of what they heard. Thanks

You need to give us a budget you can spend on AVR. Any AVR will work, just sepends on how much power and bells and whistles you're looking for. Some have better SQ than others but that is gonna cost you. But personally I'm not big on AVRs, I much prefer seperates so I can't comment on the specific AVRs you listed since I haven't heard those models.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #52246 of 52258 Old Today, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

1. Pioneer SC-LX501
2. Yamaha RX-A1060
3. Denon AVR-X3300

Thanks for the help.

I'm running the Marantz sr7010 with my Klipsch rf-7 II's. I've been very happy with the combo and the Marantz has performed flawlessly. I also considered Yamaha as well as Denon.
post #52247 of 52258 Old Today, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Quote:

I'm in the "they all sound the same" camp. Buy the one that has the features you want that fits your budget.

They really only differ in their room correction software. Denon did just release their app ($20) that lets you customize Audyssey. Seems to be pretty useful. IIRC it is available for the 3300.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #52248 of 52258 Old Today, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
You need to give us a budget you can spend on AVR. Any AVR will work, just sepends on how much power and bells and whistles you're looking for. Some have better SQ than others but that is gonna cost you. But personally I'm not big on AVRs, I much prefer seperates so I can't comment on the specific AVRs you listed since I haven't heard those models.

I live in Canada. Budget is $1000 to $1500 msrp. Only must have is 7 channels. Most of the AVR's in this price point come with everything else I need.

post #52249 of 52258 Old Today, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Few questions...

1. What is the max and peak SPL capability of the RP-160M? Will they be able to keep up with the RF-7 III and RC-64 III as side and back surrounds?

2. If I get a RF-7 III and RC-64 III based setup and want ceiling speakers (but they cannot be in-ceiling due to my concrete ceiling), could I use the JBL Pro SCS 8 speakers for the Atmos/DTS:X ceiling speakers? They can be easily mounted to a ceiling as they come with a bracket. These speakers are often used for Atmos/DTS:X duties in JBL Pro setups but I am not sure how well they will mate with the Klipsch speakers.

JBL Pro SCS 8: http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/c...8#.WPR7iUWGPcs
post #52250 of 52258 Old Today, 11:09 AM

While looking at the specs of the 280af, I noticed that the mains are rated to 150 watts while the heights are only rated to 75 watts. Do the ATMOS AVRs automatically take this into account? If I'm pushing the volume any worry that i'll blow the heights with an AVR like the Denon 4300H that says it can push 125 to all 9 channels?
Sevastos likes this.
post #52251 of 52258 Old Today, 11:55 AM

Quote:
While looking at the specs of the 280af, I noticed that the mains are rated to 150 watts while the heights are only rated to 75 watts. Do the ATMOS AVRs automatically take this into account? If I'm pushing the volume any worry that i'll blow the heights with an AVR like the Denon 4300H that says it can push 125 to all 9 channels?
You'll be fine. The heights won't need as much power as the bulk of the sound will be coming through the mains. Plus, Klipsch are more efficient than most, and are louder with less power. Unless you are listening at truly loud levels, shouldn't be an issue. The heights will be able to take the occasional burst of clean power over 75 watts, if needed. If you are ever able to take the full 150 watts rms through the mains without your ears bleeding, I'll be impressed.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
post #52252 of 52258 Old Today, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Well,im finally switching ove from Polk to klipsch.I just ordered the RP-450c center channel.Its going to replace my polk cs20,next will the fronts,Monitor 70.ill be replacing them with the rp 280's.

Does anybody here run the
RP-450c? I cant wait to get it,should be here this thursday..

Oh,it's being powered by a Yamaha rx-a2050 9.2

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Louis Bartay likes this.

Last edited by RedDemonLSX; Today at 12:29 PM.
post #52253 of 52258 Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Even if an AVR could feed 7+ channels with 75w RMS, I think your ears would explode before your speakers

Louis Bartay and drh3b like this.

Panasonic 55CX700
Yamaha RX-A2060 - Emotiva XPA-5 Gen1
5.1.2 setup: Klipsch RP-280FA - RP-440C - RP-240S - SVS PC-2000
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield Gen1 - QNAP 453 mini
post #52254 of 52258 Old Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDemonLSX View Post
Well,im finally switching ove from Polk to klipsch.I just ordered the RP-450c center channel.Its going to replace my polk cs20,next will the fronts,Monitor 70.ill be replacing them with the rp 280's.

No, don't have the center. Was considering earlier last week on ordering it to replace my current one but came to the conclusion, with some help here, that it wouldn't be an upgrade.

To pick up on something else you said ....

I started out with Polks and changed over to Klipsch. The Klipsch will be a little more in your face than the Polks. I think you'll like the change though. I still have my Polk speakers and will probably use them in another theater in another room in my home.
RedDemonLSX likes this.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
AVR: Denon X2200W
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 4
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's

Last edited by Prime316; Today at 01:19 PM.
post #52255 of 52258 Old Today, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDemonLSX View Post

I have the 450c with 280Fs....I find the center very very well. As good as the 280s are, the 450c is the star of the show. It very well keeps up with 280s easily!
RedDemonLSX likes this.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #52256 of 52258 Old Today, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I have the 450c with 280Fs....I find the center very very well. As good as the 280s are, the 450c is the star of the show. It very well keeps up with 280s easily!
The monitor 70's i have will be using for rear surrounds,I've always loved my Polk just want to go bigger and badder.I built an addition on my house as a dedicated theater/sports room 16x16.

Benq 2050 projector with an Elite 120 screen...i absolutely love it

post #52257 of 52258 Old Today, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
I have 20+ year old RS-3's that have been powered by Marantz 200 watt Mono Blocks for that time have not blown them yet and have driven them hard at times. The RS-3's only handle 100 watts. You shoud be ok.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #52258 of 52258 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
I have 20+ year old RS-3's that have been powered by Marantz 200 watt Mono Blocks for that time have not blown them yet and have driven them hard at times. The RS-3's only handle 100 watts. You shoud be ok.
Hmm, I'm not sure how "Ladeback" Klipsches powered by 200 watt monoblocks can be.

Denon AVR-4520CI
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black