Klipsch owner thread - Page 1745 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6641Likes

post #52321 of 52331 Old Today, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Seems like me and Mr. Bartay are the only ones without 7's. lol
I'm also without 7s

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52322 of 52331 Old Today, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
are these new klipsch rp speakers really fixed the fingers on chalkboard problem with the tweeters?

i have emp towers and center and while i like them a lot they just dont have that alive fun sound for movies. i guess theyre too neutral?

im actually looking at psa speakers but if i can spend less.....i can get front 3 klipsch rp line for around half the price of the psa's

i read great things about this new rp line and especially that 450 center.
What people don't realize is after you use room calibration, you speakers will sound nothing like what they would normally sound with no EQ. With that being said, just don't mix like a bookshelf for left channel and floorstanding for right channel.
post #52323 of 52331 Old Today, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
What people don't realize is after you use room calibration, you speakers will sound nothing like what they would normally sound with no EQ. With that being said, just don't mix like a bookshelf for left channel and floorstanding for right channel.
Gotta say, these Rp-260f's sounds amazing - and I havent even run setup on them yet. I"m coming from bookshelves and the upgrade feels huge. Now to pick up a matching center and some surrounds (either RS-10 or some bookshelves)

post #52324 of 52331 Old Today, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by furry View Post
Gotta say, these Rp-260f's sounds amazing - and I havent even run setup on them yet. I"m coming from bookshelves and the upgrade feels huge. Now to pick up a matching center and some surrounds (either RS-10 or some bookshelves)
I think the new tweeter design really made them more easier on the ears. The old horns were louder which worked great in the age of vinyl because of the limitations of the material and playback technology. When the digital age came, the loud harsh horn can be a bit too much.
post #52325 of 52331 Old Today, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Are there people out there that think the rf-7 II's are bright? I would say my old rf-82's were bright with certain music genres but my 7's are anything but bright.
post #52326 of 52331 Old Today, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
Are there people out there that think the rf-7 II's are bright? I would say my old rf-82's were bright with certain music genres but my 7's are anything but bright.
Everyone hears differently, some are more sensitive to certain upper frequencies than others. If they don't sound bright to you, then it doesn't matter what others think.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #52327 of 52331 Old Today, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
Everyone hears differently, some are more sensitive to certain upper frequencies than others. If they don't sound bright to you, then it doesn't matter what others think.
Definitely don't sound bright to me. I've heard bright speakers and their anything but. I've said this before but come movie night they're hard to beat IMO.
post #52328 of 52331 Old Today, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm one that thought the 7s were bright. They have a bit of a rising treble response and a couple peaks - I think 18khz and 20khz. Having tinnitus, I'm very sensitive to certain frequencies and I guess the 7s just hit those spots for me.

Still great speakers and as @ereed said above, doesn't really matter what others think as long as you like them!
post #52329 of 52331 Old Today, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzog View Post
I'm one that thought the 7s were bright. They have a bit of a rising treble response and a couple peaks - I think 18khz and 20khz. Having tinnitus, I'm very sensitive to certain frequencies and I guess the 7s just hit those spots for me.

Still great speakers and as @ereed said above, doesn't really matter what others think as long as you like them!
That's understandable considering you have tinnitus.
post #52330 of 52331 Old Today, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 523
What baffles is me people buy R7s and other nice speakers regardless of brand and do not invest in room treatments. Room treatments will cut down the ringing and its possible what people were hearing is the reflection and echos due to bare walls instead of the horn itself. Once you got your room treatments in place and if the speakers still sound bright, then you know its not the right speaker for you to begin with.

I have RP line and they are not bright, but they are brighter than dome tweeters I have and I'm on hardwood flooring....adding acoustic panels really brought it together and my klipsch speakers with room treatments sound less bright than my dome tweeters in untreated room but still have that dynamic impact of the horn. Hope I am making sense.

Also the room size has to do with perceived brightness.....of course if you put horns in very small room its going to sound brighter than a very large room which is what its really made for. It is silly I see people buy R7s just to have the best speaker in the lineup but they have wrong room for that speaker.

Get the room right, then get the speaker for that room. It allows you to really enjoy the system much more.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #52331 of 52331 Old Today, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
What baffles is me people buy R7s and other nice speakers regardless of brand and do not invest in room treatments. Room treatments will cut down the ringing and its possible what people were hearing is the reflection and echos due to bare walls instead of the horn itself. Once you got your room treatments in place and if the speakers still sound bright, then you know its not the right speaker for you to begin with.

I have RP line and they are not bright, but they are brighter than dome tweeters I have and I'm on hardwood flooring....adding acoustic panels really brought it together and my klipsch speakers with room treatments sound less bright than my dome tweeters in untreated room but still have that dynamic impact of the horn. Hope I am making sense.

Also the room size has to do with perceived brightness.....of course if you put horns in very small room its going to sound brighter than a very large room which is what its really made for. It is silly I see people buy R7s just to have the best speaker in the lineup but they have wrong room for that speaker.

Get the room right, then get the speaker for that room. It allows you to really enjoy the system much more.
100% agree, you HAVE to have a treated room with these speakers to really here there potential.

I added a few more panels this week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170424_225411-800x600.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	2105505  

Klipsch RF7II Fronts & WidesKlipsch RC64II CenterKlipsch RB61II Heights & Surround backKlipsch RF82II surrounds2X Elemental design 15" subs W/ O-audio ampsDenon 4311ci2X Emotiva XPA-5Samsung D8000 64"Denon 3313 UBDFull GIK treatments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page