Klipsch owner thread - Page 1768 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7092Likes

post #53011 of 53014 Old Today, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover View Post
You guys have any thoughts on the Heresy III's in a Dolby Atmos setup? Or if its even possible.

I already have a great 2 channel room. Wanting to get back into HT again. Used to own the Heresy's and loved them. Got a buddy selling his 3 Heresy LCRs. But they are about 9 years old. Just not sure...guess it depends on cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogne View Post
Hey

Have you had any answers on this? Also looking in to using heritage speakers in a atmos setup.
This guy did it. Not sure this is what you meant, though.
Are these Klipsch heresy height atmos speakers overkill?

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen3 3 channel
Klipsch RP 280f LR, 260f SR, RC-62 II, RF-82 II SB, RB-61 II wide, RC-10 height
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma

Last edited by drh3b; Today at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53012 of 53014 Old Today, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=drh3b;53829705]This guy did it. Not sure this is what you meant, though.

Whoa, that is amazing! Shame I can't this kind of setup in my house. Does anyone have experience with using atmos enabled height speakers with a heritage sound setup?
post #53013 of 53014 Old Today, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 223
[quote=Droogne;53830233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
This guy did it. Not sure this is what you meant, though.

Whoa, that is amazing! Shame I can't this kind of setup in my house. Does anyone have experience with using atmos enabled height speakers with a heritage sound setup?
My understanding is that Atmos speakers don't have to exactly voice match, as your ears aren't as sensitive to sounds that aren't coming from in front. You could probably just buy some Klipsch Atmos speakers. Get them from Crutchfield, as they have $10 returns, with I believe a 60 return window, if you decide they don't work out.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen3 3 channel
Klipsch RP 280f LR, 260f SR, RC-62 II, RF-82 II SB, RB-61 II wide, RC-10 height
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma

post #53014 of 53014 Old Today, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=drh3b;53825825]First of all, excellent speakers, I'm a little jealous of your LCR.
Yes, the surrounds go on the side walls. I believe there are issues associated with being up against the back wall, but I don't remember what they are, plus Audyssey should help mitigate them.
I read somewhere that wides provide more of an experience than heights, YMMV.
For just a small amount of coin, you could add these for heights, you don't need expensive speakers.
Right now, they're kind of high at $149, Newegg is constantly running sales on them for $100 and less.

Thank you for the reply. I actually have more klipsch speakers that I forgot I had. (I buy and sell stuff online and have these) I have the RB-10......RB61 II.....R-14M and then also the RP-160M.

I know I am using these speakers as these.

RF7 II mains
rc64 II center
rp-250s as rears...or would the rp-160m be better as rears for some reason?
r115sw

with the extra speakers listed above are you saying I should go ahead and do a 9.1 setup with heights and wides......out of the 4 bookshelf speakers listed above which 2 would you use and where would you put them.

Remember I do not have space in the room for REAR back surrounds

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page