Klipsch owner thread - Page 1785 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7365Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #53521 of 53533 Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
MATA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'll let you guys know when I get the replacement and see if it is tight or not, BTW forgot to mention that while waiting for the others and testing it with just the RP-260 F...the sound is awesome and loud, love it really happy with my purchase

Sony XBR-X940E | Yamaha CX-A5100 | Anthem MCA 50| Sunfire TGA-7201 | SVS 16-Ultra Subwoofer| 7.1.4 Klipsch RP-450C - RP-260F - RP-240S - RP-160M - 4 In-Ceiling MartinLogan | Nvidia Shield TV | Xbox One | AppleTV

English Is Not My First Language
MATA7 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53522 of 53533 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATA7 View Post
I'll let you guys know when I get the replacement and see if it is tight or not, BTW forgot to mention that while waiting for the others and testing it with just the RP-260 F...the sound is awesome and loud, love it really happy with my purchase
Glad you're happy with the 260's since they seem to be more than enough for most applications, hopefully the next ones don't have the same problem.

Denon 1612 ; Klipsch RP-160m ; Klipsch RP-250c ; Wharfedale Valdus 300 ; Emotiva Basx s12 (shipping)
gygess is offline  
post #53523 of 53533 Old Today, 01:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, I have the option to create a home theatre with a triple LaScala LCR, Chorus II rears, and heresies for surround. How big should my room be at least to justify this kind of setup? I have everything except the LaScala fronts, but I can buy them for 1700. My tv wall is 4,2 meters wide, big enough to put 3 LaScalas next to each other? The room itself is 5 meter x 6 meter and the couch will be sitting around 1,5-2 meters from the tv.

Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Forte II (rears)
Droogne is offline  
 
post #53524 of 53533 Old Today, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogne View Post
Hey guys, I have the option to create a home theatre with a triple LaScala LCR, Chorus II rears, and heresies for surround. How big should my room be at least to justify this kind of setup? I have everything except the LaScala fronts, but I can buy them for 1700. My tv wall is 4,2 meters wide, big enough to put 3 LaScalas next to each other? The room itself is 5 meter x 6 meter and the couch will be sitting around 1,5-2 meters from the tv.
Wow, that will be nice setup. How big is the TV? That will tell you how far back to be from it. Here a calculator I found online that may help.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...e-relationship

I think the room should be big enough and it looks like you could go to Dolby Atmos since you have the 7011 as well. At some point you could probably add four RP-140SA's or RP-14SA's.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
post #53525 of 53533 Old Today, 12:18 PM
Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stice View Post
You have a great setup congrats! Is there something you don't like about your system currently that you are hoping to gain by upgrading? Also, how loud do you usually have your system?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Well I am quite happy with the 82's, however a few things changed. I upgraded to a 4K 150" and also going ATMOS and added a Klipsch 115sw Sub. So with all that said, I want the sound to match stage to match the visual size. Also (finally) the RF-7 are going for a great price since the ver III is coming out soon. The main thing I am concerned with is, will my Emotiva 200watt sufficiently run the RF-7? since the RF-7 required RMS is 250 watts

Emotiva has a 3 channel XPA at 275 watts (which I would connect to LCR), but it's pushing my budget and also potentially getting to close to my 15amp circuit breaker, as my whole system is running in the same room off the same breaker, everything in my signature is off the same breaker.

Any advice/opinion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Epson 5040UBE | DENON 4311CI | XBOX ONE S\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
KLIPSCH L&R RF-82II | CENTER RC64II | HEIGHTS RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-52II | SUBS R112SW, R12SW & R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-500S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #53526 of 53533 Old Today, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 796
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Thanks!

Well I am quite happy with the 82's, however a few things changed. I upgraded to a 4K 150" and also going ATMOS and added a Klipsch 115sw Sub. So with all that said, I want the sound to match stage to match the visual size. Also (finally) the RF-7 are going for a great price since the ver III is coming out soon. The main thing I am concerned with is, will my Emotiva 200watt sufficiently run the RF-7? since the RF-7 required RMS is 250 watts

Emotiva has a 3 channel XPA at 275 watts (which I would connect to LCR), but it's pushing my budget and also potentially getting to close to my 15amp circuit breaker, as my whole system is running in the same room off the same breaker, everything in my signature is off the same breaker.

Any advice/opinion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that's max RMS, not required. 200 watts should be enough to cremate your ears with those speakers. I wouldn't worry about the 15 amp circuit breaker unless you are planning on going deaf.

Denon AVR-X4300H
Emotiva XPA Gen3 3 channel
Klipsch RP-280f LR, RP-260f SR, RP-450c, RF-82 II SB, RC-10 height
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma
drh3b is offline  
post #53527 of 53533 Old Today, 12:52 PM
Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
I'm pretty sure that's max RMS, not required. 200 watts should be enough to cremate your ears with those speakers. I wouldn't worry about the 15 amp circuit breaker unless you are planning on going deaf.
250 is their regular recommended RMS, the peak is 1,000 watts

From experience, I've noticed it's always better to be at the min RMS or above. But obviously running the amp way less than its max and the sound is extremely cleaner with wide dynamic range and clarity. I have an arraignment t with my neighbors only once a week to run them at theatrical levels. And I do..85db'ish

Epson 5040UBE | DENON 4311CI | XBOX ONE S\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
KLIPSCH L&R RF-82II | CENTER RC64II | HEIGHTS RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-52II | SUBS R112SW, R12SW & R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-500S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #53528 of 53533 Old Today, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 796
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
250 is their regular recommended RMS, the peak is 1,000 watts

From experience, I've noticed it's always better to be at the min RMS or above. But obviously running the amp way less than its max and the sound is extremely cleaner with wide dynamic range and clarity. I have an arraignment t with my neighbors only once a week to run them at theatrical levels. And I do..85db'ish
You'll be more than fine if 85 dbish is what you maxing out at.

Denon AVR-X4300H
Emotiva XPA Gen3 3 channel
Klipsch RP-280f LR, RP-260f SR, RP-450c, RF-82 II SB, RC-10 height
SVS SB12-NSD x4
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma
drh3b is offline  
post #53529 of 53533 Old Today, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
Wow, that will be nice setup. How big is the TV? That will tell you how far back to be from it. Here a calculator I found online that may help.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...e-relationship

I think the room should be big enough and it looks like you could go to Dolby Atmos since you have the 7011 as well. At some point you could probably add four RP-140SA's or RP-14SA's.
I got a 65" 4K OLED, so my sitting distance is normally correct (and I like it so far). For the atmos I'm still not sure, ofcourse I want it (thats why I bought the 7011), but the timbre match would not be ideal. Some people said that I could get away with height speakers for atmos (as in that it's better than reflective atmos enabled speakers like the RP140SA), which means I'll probably mount up another 2x pair of heresys (it's almost the same price than new RP140SA).

I also now have the possibility to buy a pair of Klipschorns instead of LaScalas (for less!). Any idea what the wall requirements are for the KHorns (except ofcourse a corner, which I have).

Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Forte II (rears)
Droogne is offline  
post #53530 of 53533 Old Today, 01:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone ever tried taking of the top bin of their LaScalas and put the bass bin to the side so they are equally leveled? I'm thinking about trying it out as it would put my tv, which has to be on top of the higher bin, to an ideal hight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20930961_1730644680313080_441429597_o.jpg (65.1 KB, 12 views)

Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Forte II (rears)
Droogne is offline  
post #53531 of 53533 Old Today, 01:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogne View Post
Has anyone ever tried taking of the top bin of their LaScalas and put the bass bin to the side so they are equally leveled? I'm thinking about trying it out as it would put my tv, which has to be on top of the higher bin, to an ideal hight.
The cables connecting the bins is pretty short if I remember correctly. I simply wall mounted the TV above the center La Scala and angled it at 10 degrees toward the viewing area. The wall mount is able to pull away from the wall so it is about 1-2 inches away from being flush with the front of the speaker and it is raised about 4 inches from the top of the speaker.
daimler2015 is offline  
post #53532 of 53533 Old Today, 01:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler2015 View Post
The cables connecting the bins is pretty short if I remember correctly. I simply wall mounted the TV above the center La Scala and angled it at 10 degrees toward the viewing area. The wall mount is able to pull away from the wall so it is about 1-2 inches away from being flush with the front of the speaker and it is raised about 4 inches from the top of the speaker.
Yeah I know it's doable to put it on top of it (or mount it above), so I'm probably gonna end up doing that, but I was thinkering. I know the cables are pretty short, but I could use a connecting adapter and make the cable longer no? My main question and problem is the directivity of the bass. Will it be noticeable that the bass bin is a bit to the side? I was hoping that because of its low frequencies that the difference would be unnoticeable. The bass bin would still be under the tv screen.

Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Forte II (rears)
Droogne is offline  
post #53533 of 53533 Old Today, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
MATA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hey guys, good news...dealer give me my replacement (new) today for the RP-260 F and the horn was tightly sealed. So happy that I changed it as the other one must have been defective. I also got the RP-240 S...i must say that i'm so impressed and I don't even have all of them yet. They sound awesome, even my wife is impressed. Still waiting for the book shelves and the centre.

BTW I have two questions. My speakers are in my medium sized family room. How far would you say it is best to have the front towers away from the wall considering that I am in the family?

As for the bookshelves, how high should I put them above the towers? What is the correct distance between them for Atmos and DTS-X set up and should it be directly above the towers?

Thanks in advanced

Sony XBR-X940E | Yamaha CX-A5100 | Anthem MCA 50| Sunfire TGA-7201 | SVS 16-Ultra Subwoofer| 7.1.4 Klipsch RP-450C - RP-260F - RP-240S - RP-160M - 4 In-Ceiling MartinLogan | Nvidia Shield TV | Xbox One | AppleTV

English Is Not My First Language
MATA7 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off