Klipsch owner thread - Page 1786 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7389Likes

post #53551 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogne View Post
I now also have the possibility to make a pair of KHorns out of a set of parts (+ extra tweeters for reserve), with the body made by some local.
You mean having a pair of Khorns built for you? If so, read on....if not...ignore & pardon me.

If that is what you mean, then I'd halt the horses right there and look up the Jubilee and have a pair of those built. Not only will they be easier to build, they will pretty much crush the Khorn. In case you don't know, the Jubilee was originally designed to become the Khorn II however, PWK felt it bested the Khorn by such a margin that it deserved its own place in the lineup. You can find it in the Cinema line.

Side note: I've owned LaScalas for about 38 years, (formerly owned) Khorns for about 6 years and have now owned the Jubilee's for 11 years. I have not missed the Khorns for 45 nano-seconds since their replacement by the Jubilee's so I've got some listening behind my comments.

Also, the Jubilee won't be as corner dependent as the Khorn is. (though it still likes a good corner for maximum bass extension, it is a lot more flexible with it's placement)
Louis Bartay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53552 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Heck, why not throw some more spaghetti on the wall for you...

I don't recall....you already have LaScalas?

If so...keep them, sell the K400/77. Put those funds towards the K402 and buy a top-notch horn loaded subwoofer.

Probably the most cost efficient way to get to this specific end sound and it will simply crush most oncomers.

Or, sell the LaScala and have a shorter bass bin built that won't resonate, and then do above.

(keep in mind this is all presumed that you'd go active which is more wires & "stuff")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2jubscala.jpg (59.0 KB, 29 views)
post #53553 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

....and how cool would it be when your friends come over and realize your "tweeter" is bigger than their entire speaker!

post #53554 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerod Keller View Post
I just purchased a complete RP-280 system this week, so I'm waiting to take delivery. It's a 5.1 system (2 x RP-280F, 1 x RP-450C, 2 x RP-250S, 1 x R-115SW). I'm excited to get it setup and see how it changes my experience coming from a 12+ year old Klipsch "theater in a box" system. I would love to add Atmos, but my AVR (Onkyo RZ900) only support a max 7.2 non-Atmos or 5.2.2 Atmos configuration.
Great system....enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATA7 View Post
got my RP-260F Today, this friday should arrive my RP-450C, and next month my RP-160M, im really excited i will unpacked tomorrow and start listen stereo music until my other set arrive

Glad it all worked out, very nice system.
Louis Bartay likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #53555 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
You mean having a pair of Khorns built for you? If so, read on....if not...ignore & pardon me.

If that is what you mean, then I'd halt the horses right there and look up the Jubilee and have a pair of those built. Not only will they be easier to build, they will pretty much crush the Khorn. In case you don't know, the Jubilee was originally designed to become the Khorn II however, PWK felt it bested the Khorn by such a margin that it deserved its own place in the lineup. You can find it in the Cinema line.

Side note: I've owned LaScalas for about 38 years, (formerly owned) Khorns for about 6 years and have now owned the Jubilee's for 11 years. I have not missed the Khorns for 45 nano-seconds since their replacement by the Jubilee's so I've got some listening behind my comments.

Also, the Jubilee won't be as corner dependent as the Khorn is. (though it still likes a good corner for maximum bass extension, it is a lot more flexible with it's placement)
A jubilee would be awesome, but could I use the parts of the KHorn? Because shipping in all new parts from the US will be very very costly, and I doubt I will ever find all parts here in Europe. Would be willing to ship in the horn. Also not sure it the casket builder is able to make jubilees, but will definitely ask!

EDIT: you say they are easier to build, so this guy will be probably be able to make a jubilee too.

HT: Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Heresy (rears) + Klipsch R112SW (sub) + Q3020 (surround)
Previously owned: Klipsch Forte II, Klipsch RP450C
post #53556 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Heck, why not throw some more spaghetti on the wall for you...

I don't recall....you already have LaScalas?

If so...keep them, sell the K400/77. Put those funds towards the K402 and buy a top-notch horn loaded subwoofer.

Probably the most cost efficient way to get to this specific end sound and it will simply crush most oncomers.

Or, sell the LaScala and have a shorter bass bin built that won't resonate, and then do above.

(keep in mind this is all presumed that you'd go active which is more wires & "stuff")

Does that work as a tweeter and midrange?
post #53557 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Seems the Jubilee is a much more simple build. The sound travels on the same plane throughout the process instead of two planes. (sound comes out and bends around to the front whereas, if I recall correctly with the Khorn, the sound first goes UP, then changes direction to sideways and then comes out)

I didn't know you weren't 'domestic'. No, they don't use the same parts.... the Jubilee uses the 12" K31 driver (actually it uses a pair of them per cabinet) unlike the Khorn which uses a single K33, 15" driver.

One of the design goals for the bass bin is/was to raise the crossover point so it could be taken back to a 2-way.

You could always use the LaScala top end until you got the chance to buy a pair of K510's or (the best choice) the K402.

The "JubeScala" is the large K02 horn atop the LaScala bass bin.... if the stock LaScala will make you happy, the K402 on top will still drop your jaw to the floor.

That said, there are certainly some realities you have to deal with... if you could find a Klipsch Cinema dealer somewhere, you might have better access than you think. (then again, I don't really know).

Was just trying to throw some ideas out for you while you are in the investigation stage.
post #53558 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubPlate View Post
Does that work as a tweeter and midrange?
Yes. This is why the coherency is a lot better....you're totally losing a crossover point. AND, the sound "comes together" much closer to the speaker so you can have it sound better in a smaller room!!

For the Jubilee, the K402 (with the K69 driver which has recently been replaced so I don't know the current values)

Anyway, for the Jubilee with the K402/K69, it's crossed at 380Hz and the K402 goes from 380 on up.

For the JubeScala with the K402/K69, it's crossed at 470Hz and goes from there on up.

The horn is a 2" throat so is using a large format driver. I think the diaphragm on these drivers is three or maybe four inches (I don't know)

Having heard them and owned them for 11 years, all I can say is trust me....that's not crossing too low for a "tweeter driver" (which is how the K69 is used on the 3-way Jubilee)

It will run you out of the room with volume before it gives out.
post #53559 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Am I the only one with the above problem or are there more members with a failed R115?
sounds like the amp inside the 115 is failing.
I just bought a 115 2 weeks ago and thinking of getting another one. This doesn't sound good and hoping its just an isolated issue. Did you call Klipsch Tech support to trouble shoot?

They are VERY helpful and can help diagnose it over the phone:
800-554-7724

Epson 5040UBE | DENON 4311CI | XBOX ONE S\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
KLIPSCH L&R RF-82II | CENTER RC64II | HEIGHTS RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-52II | SUBS R112SW, R12SW & R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-500S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
post #53560 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Klipsch owner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
sounds like the amp inside the 115 is failing.

I just bought a 115 2 weeks ago and thinking of getting another one. This doesn't sound good and hoping its just an isolated issue. Did you call Klipsch Tech support to trouble shoot?

They are VERY helpful and can help diagnose it over the phone:

800-554-7724

Thank you for your response. I didn't call them but I have opened a ticket with them. I live in holland and bought the sub from my local dealer. He will pick up the sub and send it to the repair department as it's still in its warranty.

I emailed Klipsch because I've paid a lot of money for the reference premiere line including 4 RP280's. this sub was bought 13 months ago brand new. I told them that I would rather have a new one than this unit that gets repaired.
post #53561 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor View Post

I went with RF-62s, exchanged with RF-82s, then a couple years later went to RF-7s. Addicting after you hear how good sound can get. The RF-7s are in a league of their own in the reference/reference premiere line ups. There a reason why Klipsch still hasn't retired them. Speaker technology really hasn't changed much. The RF-7s are better overall than anything in the newer reference premiere lineup, but that's a given since they are also much more expensive.

They are coming out with the RF-7 III later this year. not sure if it's really worth the extra $$$
Singe RF-7 II are literally selling 2 for the price of one.

So from what I gather, going to RF-7 from RF82 is a substantial difference?
There are no stores with the rf-7 to test out.

Epson 5040UBE | DENON 4311CI | XBOX ONE S\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
KLIPSCH L&R RF-82II | CENTER RC64II | HEIGHTS RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-52II | SUBS R112SW, R12SW & R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-500S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
post #53562 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
I would say yes but agree you want to keep your eye out for the appropriate Center Channel. Fwiw, I have had RF-7s for well over a dozen years.
bigapp and Louis Bartay like this.
post #53563 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
They are coming out with the RF-7 III later this year. not sure if it's really worth the extra $$$
Singe RF-7 II are literally selling 2 for the price of one.

Get the RF-7 II and save the $$. I purchased a used pair of the first series RF-7 and wish I had not sold them. My friend later purchased a second pair of RF-7 and got a used pair of the II's. There is not much difference in the sound in his large room IMHO. I am not a "Golden Ear" but to me I would look for used or NOS RF7-II and save the extra $$.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II,
Klipsch Sub 12 X 3
SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD PS3

Last edited by Louis Bartay; Yesterday at 05:53 PM.
post #53564 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
Great system....enjoy.

Glad it all worked out, very nice system.
thank you everyday i fallow more in love from thew sound that come out of this speakers
Louis Bartay likes this.

Sony XBR-X940E | Yamaha CX-A5100 | Anthem MCA 50| Sunfire TGA-7201 | SVS 16-Ultra Subwoofer| 7.1.4 Klipsch RP-450C - RP-260F - RP-240S - RP-160M - 4 In-Ceiling MartinLogan | Nvidia Shield TV | Xbox One | AppleTV

English Is Not My First Language
post #53565 of 53575 Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Planning to replace my center channel with a floorstander.

Finally getting my dedicated home theater room setup. Got some suggestions to make L, C, R channels have same speakers.
I have RP280F as L and R channels and RP450C as center.
Replacing my RP450C with another RP280F.

Hope thats a good move for a dedicated home theater

Cheers
Louis Bartay and ceptorman like this.
post #53566 of 53575 Old Today, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has anyone actually listened to a pair of the new Forte III speakers?

Was thinking about replacing a pair of upgraded Quartets, wondering if it would be enough of an upgrade to justify the cost.

Not seeing any reviews. Thought there'd be more buzz by now.
post #53567 of 53575 Old Today, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian09 View Post
Planning to replace my center channel with a floorstander.

Finally getting my dedicated home theater room setup. Got some suggestions to make L, C, R channels have same speakers.
I have RP280F as L and R channels and RP450C as center.
Replacing my RP450C with another RP280F.

Hope thats a good move for a dedicated home theater

Cheers
Tell me, how do you like your setup as is now? That is the exact LCR I am planning to get, running a 3.1 setup (or maybe the 280FA for 3.1.2). Also, what are you using for an AVR/AMP for them. Thank you in advance.
post #53568 of 53575 Old Today, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This is a dangerous question, but how does everyone feel about two R-115SW subs instead of just one for my 280 system? I'd place each 15" sub in the front corners next to the front RP-280 towers.

Displays: Samsung UN78KS9800 [new], Samsung UN78HU9000
Sources: Samsung UBD‑K8500 4K Blu Ray Player, Playstation 4, Xbox One S, Dune HD Max Media Player
AVR: Onkyo TX-RZ900 AVR
Speakers: Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280 5.14 Dolby Atmos System
post #53569 of 53575 Old Today, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Tell me, how do you like your setup as is now? That is the exact LCR I am planning to get, running a 3.1 setup (or maybe the 280FA for 3.1.2). Also, what are you using for an AVR/AMP for them. Thank you in advance.
The setup as is very good ( RP280F for L and R, RP450C for center), really good, no second thoughts go for it.
Its good for my existing setup where I dont have room for floorstander as center channel.
Since am moving to my own new home, where I made sure to have a dedicated home theater room, there is room to make a floorstander as center channel, got a lot of suggestions to replace my RP450C with another RP280F.
I used my speakers with Denon X4000 AVR.
The new setup will be with pre-amp and poweramps.
You can check my build thread, link in my signature

Cheers
post #53570 of 53575 Old Today, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes. This is why the coherency is a lot better....you're totally losing a crossover point. AND, the sound "comes together" much closer to the speaker so you can have it sound better in a smaller room!!

For the Jubilee, the K402 (with the K69 driver which has recently been replaced so I don't know the current values)

Anyway, for the Jubilee with the K402/K69, it's crossed at 380Hz and the K402 goes from 380 on up.

For the JubeScala with the K402/K69, it's crossed at 470Hz and goes from there on up.

The horn is a 2" throat so is using a large format driver. I think the diaphragm on these drivers is three or maybe four inches (I don't know)

Having heard them and owned them for 11 years, all I can say is trust me....that's not crossing too low for a "tweeter driver" (which is how the K69 is used on the 3-way Jubilee)

It will run you out of the room with volume before it gives out.
Wow, that seems like quite the project! I do however think it's a bit too complex for me at the moment.. a pair of klipschhorns might be a better idea for the moment as I'll be moving quite a bit over the next 10-20 years before I settle. If I ever have the place for a dedicated home theatre I might just make me a pair of jubes.

HT: Marantz SR7011 + Klipsch Chorus 2 (front) + Klipsch LaScala II (center) + Klipsch Heresy (rears) + Klipsch R112SW (sub) + Q3020 (surround)
post #53571 of 53575 Old Today, 09:11 AM

PS random question, does anybody have an idea what the prices are for the pro speakers from klipsch? I see a catalogue on their site, but no prices. Just wondering, not really planning on buying them.

Greetings

post #53572 of 53575 Old Today, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerod Keller View Post
This is a dangerous question, but how does everyone feel about two R-115SW subs instead of just one for my 280 system? I'd place each 15" sub in the front corners next to the front RP-280 towers.
I'd say neither,

Put that money towards a subwoofer from an ID brand like HSU, SVS, Emotiva, etc.

The subs Klipsch makes are very little value compared to the above in terms of $$$, and the amps are known to just randomly fail at any moment.

Electronics they use in the Subs is just chancy, your unit either has an issue or it doesn't. You'll find plenty of people who never had their amp fail, but also plenty of people who did. Not worth chancing for the amount of money you'll be spending. In my case, the sub was working perfectly fine, I turned it off to go do something, came back a few minutes later and flipped the switch and it never turned on again.

Denon 1612 ; Klipsch RP-160m ; Klipsch RP-250c ; Wharfedale Valdus 300 ; Emotiva Basx s12 (shipping)
post #53573 of 53575 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gygess View Post
Can you please update me how the 450c sounds in comparison, and any general sound quality differences? 450c is said to be louder, but im not really concerned with volume.

I paid $180 for my used like-new 250c, and I would be looking at around $450 for a rp-450c. It's over double the price, so I would like to know if it's really twice as good.

Thanks in advance
I've had the 450C for a few days now. Still playing with the settings. My initial impression is that the 450C is a huge upgrade over my 250C, especially since my listening space is so big. With the 250C, I was constantly turning the center volume up and the rest of the speakers down, in order to hear dialogue. I have actually turned the 450C down 1 db from the initial YPAO setting in order to give the rest of the system more balance. It's not just volume. The overall sound is much more full and deeper now. There is so much more than dialogue coming from the center. Dialogue is not just louder, it's more clear. Plus, my AVR is working less, as I am not turning the volume up as high to watch programs. It's early, but I am very happy with the new center so far.

2 channel : Anthem Integrated 225, Monitor Audio Silver 8, PSA S1500, Marantz SA8005, Audioengine B1
HT: Yamaha RX-A1060, Klipsch RP-260, RP-450C, RTI A1, PSA V1500, Onkyo C-S5VL, Samsung JU7100
post #53574 of 53575 Old Today, 10:01 AM

Liked: 8
Just to clarify, I am not saying the 250C is a bad center. I just think it was too small for my room. I have an open floor plan to nearly the entire 1st floor, plus the 2nd story loft and 18 ft cathedral ceilings. A lot of the sound goes up to the 2nd floor. If I had an enclosed room, with normal 8 ft ceilings, it would likely never have been replaced.

2 channel : Anthem Integrated 225, Monitor Audio Silver 8, PSA S1500, Marantz SA8005, Audioengine B1
HT: Yamaha RX-A1060, Klipsch RP-260, RP-450C, RTI A1, PSA V1500, Onkyo C-S5VL, Samsung JU7100
post #53575 of 53575 Old Today, 12:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceredmustang View Post
Just to clarify, I am not saying the 250C is a bad center. I just think it was too small for my room. I have an open floor plan to nearly the entire 1st floor, plus the 2nd story loft and 18 ft cathedral ceilings. A lot of the sound goes up to the 2nd floor. If I had an enclosed room, with normal 8 ft ceilings, it would likely never have been replaced.
Thanks for the update, glad you like the 450c!

Denon 1612 ; Klipsch RP-160m ; Klipsch RP-250c ; Wharfedale Valdus 300 ; Emotiva Basx s12 (shipping)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page