Klipsch owner thread - Page 1798 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7556Likes

post #53911 of 53914 Old Today, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
2 things-

1. Have not done a significant amount of troubleshooting but while watching Guardians 2 the Atmos configuration that displayed on my 4300 didn't show the right front Atmos speaker via RP280FA. Anyone else have a similar issue? May just be that disk, I did check the connection at the speaker proper and no issues. Haven't checked on 4300 because access is a bear, going to try another disc tonight before checking 4300/changing banana plugs and wires out.

2. While I dig the RP280FA's, I don't love the 450C. In fact, it's my least favorite part of my system but a wide mile. Anyone have experience utilizing the RP280FA's as rear surround? I thought I would get the added benefit of upward firing atmos channels back there, whereas I can properly hang downward firing atmos speakers from front. I just don't get much action out of my rears currently, RP150M's, and think I may just be better off selling the 280's with 450c as a set than repurposing.

Insights appreciated.

Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53912 of 53914 Old Today, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Congrat's, Those looks like RF-82II your RP-81II is not been making yet

Can you add more pictures of your set up. Don't get me wrong but from pictures it looks like speaker warehouse now, speaker by speaker
Haha too lazy to double check the model, but figured y'all knew what they were lol.

I'll get some more pics posted later on. Room is still a mess right now. Anything in particular you want to see or just additional pics?

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #53913 of 53914 Old Today, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Pawlikowski View Post
2 things-

1. Have not done a significant amount of troubleshooting but while watching Guardians 2 the Atmos configuration that displayed on my 4300 didn't show the right front Atmos speaker via RP280FA. Anyone else have a similar issue? May just be that disk, I did check the connection at the speaker proper and no issues. Haven't checked on 4300 because access is a bear, going to try another disc tonight before checking 4300/changing banana plugs and wires out.

2. While I dig the RP280FA's, I don't love the 450C. In fact, it's my least favorite part of my system but a wide mile. Anyone have experience utilizing the RP280FA's as rear surround? I thought I would get the added benefit of upward firing atmos channels back there, whereas I can properly hang downward firing atmos speakers from front. I just don't get much action out of my rears currently, RP150M's, and think I may just be better off selling the 280's with 450c as a set than repurposing.

Insights appreciated.

Jamie
Re run audyssey setup. It will detect all speakers to make sure there isn't any fault, such as backwards wiring or anything like that.

There really isn't a whole lot of surround material compared to the fronts. Yes, it's pretty movie dependent, but that's why you see people use small cheap bookshelf surrounds or something

However, just running the front 3 channels, something feels like it's missing. So the surrounds really have their place. You're using the atmos enabled towers or the addons??

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey

post #53914 of 53914 Old Today, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Re run audyssey setup. It will detect all speakers to make sure there isn't any fault, such as backwards wiring or anything like that.

There really isn't a whole lot of surround material compared to the fronts. Yes, it's pretty movie dependent, but that's why you see people use small cheap bookshelf surrounds or something

However, just running the front 3 channels, something feels like it's missing. So the surrounds really have their place. You're using the atmos enabled towers or the addons??
Atmos enabled. Not the add ons. I dig the loudspeakers that center is just dull AND I read having mismatched center from loud speakers is bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page