Klipsch owner thread - Page 475 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #14221 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The center channel isn't going to sound the same. The towers are going to sound more alive being ported. More bass out of those also will make the center sound like it's not capable. The center is mainly for dialogue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14222 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So what does everyone use to wall mount the RB-81 IIs? I can't help it I have to order a Denon receiver so I can do 9.1/.2.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #14223 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff
The center channel isn't going to sound the same. The towers are going to sound more alive being ported. More bass out of those also will make the center sound like it's not capable. The center is mainly for dialogue.
A lot more than just dialogue comes from the ol' center!

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
post #14224 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post
How do the rs-7s sound compared to the rs-42s? Do you have the grills for the rf-7s? I think if you try a few more methods you can get that dent out!
The RS7's are more in the face compared to RS42's I have the grills off on all of my speakers. I will just buy another woofer and call it a day.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #14225 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
The RC-7 is rear ported just like the RF-7. We are not talking about bass performance here but the tweeter performance. The tweeter on the RC-7 sounds warmer/more neutral or natural than the RF-7's tweeter. Since they both share the same tweeter, why don't they sound the same?
post #14226 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post

The RC-7 is rear ported just like the RF-7. We are not talking about bass performance here but the tweeter performance. The tweeter on the RC-7 sounds warmer/more neutral or natural than the RF-7's tweeter. Since they both share the same tweeter, why don't they sound the same?

Could be your room (sorry) of the more likely the difference in the crossovers. If I am not mistaken the center has that weird 2.5way crossover, while the floorstanders will not. RF7s have always been a in your face type of loudspeakers anyways...sounds like you need to join the klipsch forums and maybe search out DeanG upgraded crossovers for the RF7's to tone down the highs.

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #14227 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Chas have you considered any deang work?
post #14228 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD1225 View Post

I just added a Rotel RMB 1095 power amp to my SC-35 (now a pre/pro) to drive RF-5s, RC-7 and RS-7s. I cannot believe how much "cleaner" and detailed the sound is. Even my wife, who was giving me grief about spending more $$$$ on the home theater, noticed the, dare I say, drastic improvement. Most improved was the center channel for dialog, but the whole system really lit up. The soundstage grew to a new dimension. I am absolutely thrilled.

I always thought since the Klipsch reference series were so efficient that extra power was unnecessary. Of course, reading AVS where many tout the advantages of "more power" as Tim the Tool Man used to say, I got the upgraditus bug. Totally worth every penny.

We watched "Unstoppable" last night and even with the huge soundtrack the dialog was completely understandable. That train came through our theater more than once and we don't even live in PA.

headroom has to be experienced to be understood .. And Yes it quite thrilling to hear a expanded headroom & soundstage on a set of Klipsch that you have listened to for years !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #14229 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

The RS7's are more in the face compared to RS42's I have the grills off on all of my speakers. I will just buy another woofer and call it a day.

make a sono tube sub outta the old woof

Mike

post #14230 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

have U used a Audyssey product to calibrate your system ?

Mike

post #14231 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:

Its not worth it in my opinion. As long as it does not affect performance who cares! Plus all your woofers have been broke in together so their sonic signatures are closer matches than a new woofer would be. Spend the money on crossover upgrades!
post #14232 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Chas have you considered any deang work?

What?

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #14233 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What?

On the Klipsch Forums, there is a user named DeanG.. he make aftermarket crossover networks for RF7 speakers..

Johnny
post #14234 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBerger View Post

A lot more than just dialogue comes from the ol' center!

I said mainly, not strictly.
post #14235 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post

On the Klipsch Forums, there is a user named DeanG.. he make aftermarket crossover networks for RF7 speakers..

Yeah there a Huge discussion about how the RF-7 cross-over could be improved & many had theirs redone & really liked the difference . To the point where Klipsch themselves redesigned the RF-7 that is now the RF-7II the only real difference IIRC is the cross over , +Plus the woofs don't have a dust covers now

Mike

post #14236 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know him or what good doing mods on crossovers will do for me.

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #14237 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

actually the crossovers reco's are for user names (Kain).. my response was for your comment of "what"

Johnny
post #14238 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Everyone who has gotten them noticed an immediate improvement in sound. Search DeanG over at klipsch forums. I know he does RF-7 and RC-7 not sure about the RS but it is possible
post #14239 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Everyone who has gotten them noticed an immediate improvement in sound. Search DeanG over at klipsch forums. I know he does RF-7 and RC-7 not sure about the RS but it is possible

They sound good enough to me as they are.

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #14240 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

What are you powering your speakers with?

Onkyo TX-NR5008.

Quote:

We are not talking about bass performance here but the tweeter performance. The tweeter on the RC-7 sounds warmer/more neutral or natural than the RF-7's tweeter. Since they both share the same tweeter, why don't they sound the same?

Same for the RF-82/RC-62

Quote:

Could be your room (sorry) of the more likely the difference in the crossovers. If I am not mistaken the center has that weird 2.5way crossover, while the floorstanders will not. RF7s have always been a in your face type of loudspeakers anyways...sounds like you need to join the klipsch forums and maybe search out DeanG upgraded crossovers for the RF7's to tone down the highs.

I don't know if this would also apply to the RF-82/RC-62, but I don't think I need to tone down the 82s. If anything, I'd probably want a different crossover for the RC-62 because I don't have any off-axis LPs, so the "2.5" crossover is kinda pointless in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

have U used a Audyssey product to calibrate your system ?

I know not directed at me, but I used Audyssey on the 5008, which is MultiEQ XT32.

Quote:

I need to look into this on the Klipsch forum as well.
post #14241 of 37547 Old 03-20-2011, 03:42 PM

I dont think that he does rf-82 if that is what you are thinking
post #14242 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

e2g_ who shipped your speakers? UPS? If it is a really small chip a sharpie should cover it near perfectly. If it is larger a sharpie is still all i can recommend. Post a pic here and on the klipsch forum when you get a chance. Chas remember the price to performance you got with your rf7s compared to the new rf-7ii. Your system looks great, did you get your rs-7s yet?

BIT, and whoever else commented, I will follow up soon. I am waiting to hear back from them. It is not a small chip. It is about 1-1.5inches long slit and I can see it quite clearly from 15 feet away (the difference between the two colours is quite obvious). I honestly don't know how I feel about taking a sharpie next to these speakers, especially when the MSRP is at what it is. Maybe, $200 speakers, yeah. Honestly, I would like to take the chance and exchange them if I could but I am waiting to hear back from them.

Hmmm...

The speakers are packaged well (with one exception) and I am still scratching my head to figure out how can that have happened. In comparison to the packaging of my RF-82s, Klipsch uses the plastic over the speaker grill, plastic over the whole speaker, and 3 styrofoams (to, middle, bottom). What I did not see is the use of the hard cardboard support beams that is fixed in the corners of the box. My RC-64II had them but these did not. Does anyone else no what I am talking about as I am trying to figure out if it was removed before shipping to bring the weight down? It's quite strange to me that they would ditch these unless it was something new (Audiovoxx?) being implemented.
post #14243 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They sound good enough to me as they are.

Some people think a HTIB sounds good. All depends on your priorities, I suppose.
post #14244 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 47
WOW

Klipsch speakers need a custom crossover to sound good enough?

One might as well buy BIC speakers, and update their drivers, wiring, and add bracing...

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #14245 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

WOW

Klipsch speakers need a custom crossover to sound good?

One might as well buy BIC speakers, and update their drivers, wiring, and add bracing...

The irony

Not exactly sure which post you are responding to but it seems to me that Klipsch (as with anything) is built with a thought towards a price point. To that end, virtually anything can be improved upon if cost is no object.
post #14246 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2g_ View Post

BIT, and whoever else commented, I will follow up soon. I am waiting to hear back from them. It is not a small chip. It is about 1-1.5inches long slit and I can see it quite clearly from 15 feet away (the difference between the two colours is quite obvious). I honestly don't know how I feel about taking a sharpie next to these speakers, especially when the MSRP is at what it is. Maybe, $200 speakers, yeah. Honestly, I would like to take the chance and exchange them if I could but I am waiting to hear back from them.

Hmmm...

The speakers are packaged well (with one exception) and I am still scratching my head to figure out how can that have happened. In comparison to the packaging of my RF-82s, Klipsch uses the plastic over the speaker grill, plastic over the whole speaker, and 3 styrofoams (to, middle, bottom). What I did not see is the use of the hard cardboard support beams that is fixed in the corners of the box. My RC-64II had them but these did not. Does anyone else no what I am talking about as I am trying to figure out if it was removed before shipping to bring the weight down? It's quite strange to me that they would ditch these unless it was something new (Audiovoxx?) being implemented.

JUST last night I took a black sharpie to the corners of my new RF-7 IIs where the speaker grill had rubbed the edges/corners so that a fine white (well wood color) line was showing and was clearly visible from far away. Took the grill off, used the sharpie on the line (wipe with cloth after to remove excess, lightly) and now there's no visible line. Good to go.

Not very happy about it either but since it's no longer visible it's not something I'll be returning the speakers about.
post #14247 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WOW

Klipsch speakers need a custom crossover to sound good enough?

I assume you are trying to be sarcastic, but this isn't out of the norm, at all. Many speakers, even the "acclaimed" Sierra's have a tweeter and crossover update available for those who want it. Nobody ever said it was a necessity.
post #14248 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck View Post

I assume you are trying to be sarcastic, but this isn't out of the norm, at all. Many speakers, even the "acclaimed" Sierra's have a tweeter and crossover update available for those who want it. Nobody ever said it was a necessity.

My point was, why buy speakers that need improvement (as insinuated by several posters, especially amheck) when one can just buy a better model/brand? Sounds like the X-Box sales strategy. (now, THAT was sarcastic)

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #14249 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

So what does everyone use to wall mount the RB-81 IIs? I can't help it I have to order a Denon receiver so I can do 9.1/.2.

I explored a few options to wall mount some RB-61's, and ended up building shelves that matched my entertainment center. That's not the cleanest possible look, but I trimmed them out so they look pretty good.
post #14250 of 37547 Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My point was, why buy speakers that need improvement (as insinuated by several posters, especially amheck) when one can just buy a better model/brand? Sounds like the X-Box sales strategy. (now, THAT was sarcastic)

What post of mine made you think that? I haven't heard a Klipsch speaker is probably 6-8 years so I'm not in any position to make a statement like that. I'm looking back and can't find anywhere where I implied that the Klipsch speakers need improvement.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page