Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post

Onkyo TX-NR5008.

Same for the RF-82/RC-62

I don't know if this would also apply to the RF-82/RC-62, but I don't think I need to tone down the 82s. If anything, I'd probably want a different crossover for the RC-62 because I don't have any off-axis LPs, so the "2.5" crossover is kinda pointless in my case.

I know not directed at me, but I used Audyssey on the 5008, which is MultiEQ XT32.

I need to look into this on the Klipsch forum as well.

I am using an A/V receiver as well. I wonder if more power will cure this. Many people have stated that the RF-7s and other big Klipsch speakers "come alive" with more power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14252 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2g_ View Post

BIT, and whoever else commented, I will follow up soon. I am waiting to hear back from them. It is not a small chip. It is about 1-1.5inches long slit and I can see it quite clearly from 15 feet away (the difference between the two colours is quite obvious). I honestly don't know how I feel about taking a sharpie next to these speakers, especially when the MSRP is at what it is. Maybe, $200 speakers, yeah. Honestly, I would like to take the chance and exchange them if I could but I am waiting to hear back from them.

Hmmm...

The speakers are packaged well (with one exception) and I am still scratching my head to figure out how can that have happened. In comparison to the packaging of my RF-82s, Klipsch uses the plastic over the speaker grill, plastic over the whole speaker, and 3 styrofoams (to, middle, bottom). What I did not see is the use of the hard cardboard support beams that is fixed in the corners of the box. My RC-64II had them but these did not. Does anyone else no what I am talking about as I am trying to figure out if it was removed before shipping to bring the weight down? It's quite strange to me that they would ditch these unless it was something new (Audiovoxx?) being implemented.

My rc-64ii nor rf-7s had those cardboard corner supports. My original rf-82s did. Yeah they really need to protect that front face of the rf-7 better, shipping the grills separate seems like a good idea. I had 2 pair of rf-7ii show up to me damaged. Just like with yours the damage was on the front edges. My advice is if you can live with the speakers do it because who knows what the next ones will show up like. To be fair though my first two were delivered by ups and the boxes were beat to heck. The company i bought them with was very helpful in taking care of me though so no hard feelings.
post #14253 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post

I'll save him the trouble Impedance dips are not your friend...depending on your listening habits (volume levels) your amp may not be able to keep pace and you will experience clipping and eventual speaker damage. Rumored to be as low as 2.8ohms depending on which source you believe.

hmm.... that's interesting. Thanks for the clarification
post #14254 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck View Post

What post of mine made you think that? I haven't heard a Klipsch speaker is probably 6-8 years so I'm not in any position to make a statement like that. I'm looking back and can't find anywhere where I implied that the Klipsch speakers need improvement.

That's the impression I got here (in reference to adding the crossover mod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

They sound good enough to me as they are.

Some people think a HTIB sounds good. All depends on your priorities, I suppose.

It's no big deal, though. My post was all in fun, and in the spirit of the upgraditis we all have.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14255 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post

I am using an A/V receiver as well. I wonder if more power will cure this. Many people have stated that the RF-7s and other big Klipsch speakers "come alive" with more power.

I ran Audyssey again today. I have made a couple of changes and it needed to be done. Big improvement, as I had gotten mt RS-62IIs mounted and curved the front stage to be able to bring the RF-82s closer and angled toward the MLP, which brought the 82s about 6" farther from the front wall.

After I ran Audyssey, I level adjusted (for some reason Audyssey is setting the speakers about 3dB cold and the sub about 8-10dB cold).

I then set the center 1-2dB hotter than the rest, which seems to have provided a bit more clarity.

So, perhaps the big towers are sucking the life out of everything else and more power is, indeed, in order.
post #14256 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

I ran Audyssey again today. I have made a couple of changes and it needed to be done. Big improvement, as I had gotten mt RS-62IIs mounted and curved the front stage to be able to bring the RF-82s closer and angled toward the MLP, which brought the 82s about 6" farther from the front wall.

After I ran Audyssey, I level adjusted (for some reason Audyssey is setting the speakers about 3dB cold and the sub about 8-10dB cold).

I then set the center 1-2dB hotter than the rest, which seems to have provided a bit more clarity.

So, perhaps the big towers are sucking the life out of everything else and more power is, indeed, in order.

I, for one, can attest to the improvement with a good power amp. See my post 14220 on page 474. The Rotel is a 5 channel 200 watt/channel amp with dual 1.2kva toroidal transformers and 30,000 uF capacitance per channel. Huge sound improvement!

post #14257 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post

My rc-64ii nor rf-7s had those cardboard corner supports. My original rf-82s did. Yeah they really need to protect that front face of the rf-7 better, shipping the grills separate seems like a good idea. I had 2 pair of rf-7ii show up to me damaged. Just like with yours the damage was on the front edges. My advice is if you can live with the speakers do it because who knows what the next ones will show up like. To be fair though my first two were delivered by ups and the boxes were beat to heck. The company i bought them with was very helpful in taking care of me though so no hard feelings.

Well, it may be the case that Klipsch may replace that one speaker, meaning they would give me a totally different serial number speaker. My speakers, I purchased from wwstereo and they have been very helpful thusfar. An exchange has not been mentioned but I am quite sure that is out of the question as they don't do any returns/exchanges with items shipped via motor freight according to their policy. I am guessing I fall in that category as they shipped via homedirectUSA.
post #14258 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

So what does everyone use to wall mount the RB-81 IIs? I can't help it I have to order a Denon receiver so I can do 9.1/.2.

I purchased a set of B-Tech BT77 UltraGrip Pro Speaker Wall Mounts for my RB81s.

They look great. Super strong as well. And they rotate. Purchased a set on Ebay last June for only $44 + $12.99 shipping = $56.99

The pics dont do these mounts justice. I still need to upload pics of my whole setup.
LL
LL
LL
post #14259 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Thanks I will check them out

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #14260 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Well, it may be the case that Klipsch may replace that one speaker, meaning they would give me a totally different serial number speaker. My speakers, I purchased from wwstereo and they have been very helpful thusfar. An exchange has not been mentioned but I am quite sure that is out of the question as they don't do any returns/exchanges with items shipped via motor freight according to their policy. I am guessing I fall in that category as they shipped via homedirectUSA.
I think my biggest problem is wanting to have consecutive serial numbers or not. I doubt they changed anything but I want to be sure.

post #14261 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^ bummer.. that is quiet noticeable.

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #14262 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
I think my biggest problem is wanting to have consecutive serial numbers or not. I doubt they changed anything but I want to be sure.
Oh man that is really unfortunate.

Actually had something similar happen to me several years ago for my 82s. Old Dominion "lost" my speakers for a week and when they arrived there were large gouges in the side of one of the speakers, probably from a fork lift. Plus the boxes were all scuffed and scratched up to nearly beyond recognition. Told them to take it back and filed a claim against them.

Unless the speakers are voiced matched there is no real major benefit for consecutive numbers, aside from veneers typically look more similar and for resell value down the road.

Good Luck
Best Regards
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #14263 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Anyone ordering an RF-7II online, my recommendations:
1. Ask the seller if they can inspect it before being shipped out. Depending on who you order it from, may not be possible but worth a try.
2. Ask seller if it can be instructed to ship the item with the contents always right side up, or even upside down, but never on its side.
3. Ask Klipsch why can't they ship the grill and the speaker detached. There is a lot of air/space in that box waiting to be used.

Always good to get it locally, but some of us aren't fortunate to have local sellers, and if you do find one, they are willing to order it for you at MSRP.
post #14264 of 38790 Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
That's a lot worse than mine. Frankly, I'd consider pushing for an all expenses paid exchange with Klipsch on that. These are supposed to be furniture grade, and something like that is unacceptable (and should be to them as well).

An interesting story about customer service. I purchased a Standout Designs N720 plus a little over a year ago (I'll be posting new pics of the new house and HT setup) and I have a problem with the top of the unit splitting very very slightly at a seam. I called SD and they, without hesitation, stated they are building me a new unit and sending it out and will be shipping my unit back. That is quality customer service.

I'd think Klipsch should do that same in your case.

My problem with my speakers was very slight compared to that and I could about fully repair it with a felt pen.
post #14265 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 01:13 AM

Hey guys, I am a first time poster but long time reader on AVS forums. Could someone please tell me what the resale value might be for a Pair of RF -35s, RC 35 and pair of RS 3II all in great condition. My neighbor has these for sale and told me to make him an offer. I have never owned any klipsch speakers before but I love their sound. I have spent a lot of time Googling them and it appears that these speakers are several years old. I am really interested in these speakers but don't know what they might be worth. Any suggestions from all you klipsch owners would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!
post #14266 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:

Anyone ordering an RF-7II online, my recommendations:
1. Ask the seller if they can inspect it before being shipped out. Depending on who you order it from, may not be possible but worth a try.
2. Ask seller if it can be instructed to ship the item with the contents always right side up, or even upside down, but never on its side.
3. Ask Klipsch why can't they ship the grill and the speaker detached. There is a lot of air/space in that box waiting to be used.

Always good to get it locally, but some of us aren't fortunate to have local sellers, and if you do find one, they are willing to order it for you at MSRP.

I dont know if it is such a good idea having the seller inspect anything other than the box before they ship. They probably cannot repack as well as klipsch factory did. Also i dont know what would be the best way to ship, shipping upside down may put extra pressure on the grill pushing onto the veneer. I am totally down with option 3.

By the way i got a pair at in the same shipment and their serial numbers are off by 4
post #14267 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
IMHO, I wouldnt accept that speaker. You paid for something new, you should receive something new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14268 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsneedaqb View Post

I purchased a set of B-Tech BT77 UltraGrip Pro Speaker Wall Mounts for my RB81s.

They look great. Super strong as well. And they rotate. Purchased a set on Ebay last June for only $44 + $12.99 shipping = $56.99

The pics dont do these mounts justice. I still need to upload pics of my whole setup.

Nice. I have been looking for some but with the RS's, it changed. def bookmarking in case I need some in the future.

Anyways, got my RF-82 II's in yesterday. Desk should arrive tomorrow, go figure that i'll be travelling, so looks like a weekend project so long as the cables arrive prior to it. already took down the Promedia speakers as I wasn't really using them anymore. I was worried as the boxes were pretty banged up but i found no issues with the speakers and they work great. Snapped a pic of the RF-82 vs the RF-52 in size, gf was watching a show so had to do so during commercials. i joked how the subs seems small now and she just gave me the, "don't even think about it," look lol.

sorry for the cell pics but just snapped these quickly. now on to a new TV, looking at 55", new AVR, and amps. hopefully before the year ends.
LL
LL

Because great sound fills the room, shakes the house, breaks hearts, stirs souls, and always will
post #14269 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard8873 View Post

sorry for the cell pics but just snapped these quickly. now on to a new TV, looking at 55", new AVR, and amps. hopefully before the year ends.

you can fit in a 60" or 65" Mitsubishi DLP with a stand easily!!! Probably get out cheaper too.

My 82s aren't quite intimidating on my 22' front wall, but they look GREAT there!!
post #14270 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 AM

Anyone ever experience a loud popping noise from a quintet speaker?
post #14271 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM

The subs look huge still. Very nice wizard
post #14272 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 AM

I realize this is klipsch forum but most here have seen my klipsch rf-62 system, and I vaulue you opinions, since I am really looking at upgrading my subwoofer, and have a chance to get my hands on a def. tech supercube I, for 600$; right now my sub-12 just cant keep up with my speakers, I have owned for 3 years and runs great which i will be relocating to my game room, everyone think this sub is worth going to or should i spend the money on a better sub. Everything I have heard so far is the supercube I is fast and can keep up with most all movies and music. I was going to get the rw-12 which matches my system but all the specs are similiar to my sub-12, and have heard the supercube can go lower down to 20 hz which i dont think either klipsch sub can do, any help would be appreciated.
post #14273 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM

Dont know a whole lot about that sub. There are some good bang for your buck subs out there. check out some HSU subs. Should find something new that goes down to 20hz for around that price. I have a Paradigm dsp-3400 that goes down to atleast 20 and you could pick one of those up new for 700
post #14274 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM

ok thanks bit rate will check their site.
post #14275 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-15h.html, this is the sub i was looking at a while back; little pricy but a 1k, not a bad price.
post #14276 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 10:49 AM

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=640
some people like elemental designs too. Here is a 1300 watt 18'' monster. Free shipping!
Also check out SVS subs the gloss black one here is on sale
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12nsd.cfm
and this one is in your price range
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

keep in mind i do not know a whole lot about particular subs. These are just popular brands. I want to get a svs pb13 ultra if i ever get the chance. Those run around $1800 though
post #14277 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

you can fit in a 60" or 65" Mitsubishi DLP with a stand easily!!! Probably get out cheaper too.

My 82s aren't quite intimidating on my 22' front wall, but they look GREAT there!!

I would but i'm getting a different desk. that one is unstable and can sway easily. ordered this one as it allows for a much larger screen to be mounted and i can have my center channel finally used. http://www.amazon.com/Z-Line-Panel-S.../dp/B002C384WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post

The subs look huge still. Very nice wizard

thanks. they're still big but just seems like they're small with the size of the RF-82's. can only imagine the size of the rf-7 II's when looking through the forum.

Because great sound fills the room, shakes the house, breaks hearts, stirs souls, and always will
post #14278 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello. I have a pair of Epic CF -3's version 1's, along with a KV4. I'm using a Pioneer 94 which is rated at ~140 watts per channel along with an older Yamaha MX2 rated at ~150 for biamping. Do you think I'm giving these speakers enough power so I'm getting the most out of them?
post #14279 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD1225 View Post

I, for one, can attest to the improvement with a good power amp. See my post 14220 on page 474. The Rotel is a 5 channel 200 watt/channel amp with dual 1.2kva toroidal transformers and 30,000 uF capacitance per channel. Huge sound improvement!

I've heard that Rotel amplifiers can/do sound bright, especially with Klipsch speakers. Does your Rotel sound bright with your Klipsch speakers? How did the high-frequency performance change by going from your A/V receiver to the Rotel amplifier?
post #14280 of 38790 Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post

I've heard that Rotel amplifiers can/do sound bright, especially with Klipsch speakers. Does your Rotel sound bright with your Klipsch speakers? How did the high-frequency performance change by going from your A/V receiver to the Rotel amplifier?

On the contrary, the Rotel sounds great with my Klipsch system. It opened up the sound stage and significantly improved the detail and clarity of the sound for both music and movies. I would actually say this amp added warmth that smoothed out the brightness of my speakers. As I noted in another post my wife even said she noticed how much "richer, clearer and more powerful" the sound was during movies (her exact words). When she agreed the amp was worth the price it opened up the opportunity to make other improvements to our theater.

One word I have heard used to describe this amp is "effortless" and I have to wholeheartedly agree. Whatever I have thrown at it it has handled with aplomb.

I was using a Pioneer SC-25 (no slouch) to drive the Klipsch prior to acquiring this amp, it is not even close to the quality of the sound produced by the Rotel. I would buy the Rotel again in a heartbeat.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page