Klipsch owner thread - Page 501 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
YEA THAT ups IS GOOD FOR DROPPING SPEAKERs. I am speaking from experience. I used the insurance and able to rehab them back to life.

XBOX >cata1:mothballed; PS3+4  =  CHiNGOBLiNG   = RUBEN...
YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!

itty bitty MAN CAVE:http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/32536

has now become>>.. "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER"..click..>http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2341067/the-shoemaker-...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
one more thing that i must say

Dealing with Eric Winston, from Sound Distributors as been a great experience, as he did answer all my question very politely and within minutes. So i guess he deserve i let people know about it!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Browning i wish you were a little closer i would love to hear the pb-13 U you already have. I think that is everyone's dream sub. Not the end all but as close as you can get to it on most peoples budget.
Marcono i am happy for you. I always loved my klipsch rf-82s. Really the perfect speaker, the problem is when you already have the perfect speaker and there is a model better than it. Also i am a big fan of pioneer elite so you got my respect in that regards too.
By the way guys, black swan sound got better in the end. As far as the movie goes i thought it was actually pretty incredible. Not a whole lot of special effects but a lot of good acting and drama that is suspenseful. I guess i am a dario argento's Suspira fan so i was able to settle in for a ballet movie.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
[quote=marcono;20389349]i just won an auction on ebay for a pair of rf82II lightly damaged (near perfect condition) the bid started 500$ and i won the set for 660$.
i have ask the seller how bad the damage was, and he replied to me; very lightly damage on the back. Cant wait to receive them now!

You jerk I'm the one who bid 650 and lost with a few seconds left. Now I'm sad...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
[quote=movies2090;20390230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcono View Post

i just won an auction on ebay for a pair of rf82II lightly damaged (near perfect condition) the bid started 500$ and i won the set for 660$.
i have ask the seller how bad the damage was, and he replied to me; very lightly damage on the back. Cant wait to receive them now!

You jerk I'm the one who bid 650 and lost with a few seconds left. Now I'm sad...

send the guy a ebay message ( the seller) & ask if he has another pair OR/AND
PM marcono ask him if he can pm U his email address (it's in the paypal invoice/statement sent just after the auction ended ) also You might get the same deal ..
I've been an ebayer for years both seller & buyer
The above method will work & save U & the seller cash .Trust me on this if he does have a pair & you buy them .. then pay him by PayPal & U get the same protection as you would as a buyer on Ebay
just Tryin' Ta Help !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Liked: 11
[quote=Fastslappy;20390314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by movies2090 View Post

send the guy a ebay message ( the seller) & ask if he has another pair OR/AND
PM marcono ask him if he can pm U his email address (it's in the paypal invoice/statement sent just after the auction ended ) also You might get the same deal ..
I've been an ebayer for years both seller & buyer
The above method will work & save U & the seller cash .Trust me on this if he does have a pair & you buy them .. then pay him by PayPal & U get the same protection as you would as a buyer on Ebay
just Tryin' Ta Help !

Great advice!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RONIN- View Post

They look feminine...lol I like the black claw look of the I's better.

I like the new feet I kind of wish they had all four like the back. When I first saw them I didn't really like them as much as the old ones but metal vs plastic isn't a tuff choice for feet on a 90 pound speaker. I also like the gold and black color of them it's just that they are different on the front and back so it looks kind of strange at first. Amy (klipsch) said they had to pass a tilt test. To pass certain rules/laws

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 AM

[quote=movies2090;20390230]
Quote:

i just won an auction on ebay for a pair of rf82II lightly damaged (near perfect condition) the bid started 500$ and i won the set for 660$.

good news for you budy; the same seller had 3 set of these rf 82II lightly damaged. The only thing is that the bid will start at 675 instead of 500.

Another tip, always bet at the very last second( 10second or so) other than that you will just increase the bid for nothing. And if you really want them, raise your maximum bid hight enough so you will not be outbid by a last second bidder like myself. I won them with 1 bid where you had like 5 or so ( you and someone else where outbidding eachother in the last 3 minutes) I also got to tell you that my max bid was 675$.

Hope that helps you! And hopefully youll get your hands on a set soon enough.

As the seller told me, these speaker are really near perfect condition, so i believe it totally worth it!

cheers

Marko
Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Guys,

Just wanted your opinions on my setup. In the front I have a pair of KG 3.2's. I bought these new in '93 and are in excellent condition. Center is a SC1 bought around 2000. Surrounds are KSB 1.1's. bought from my brother in law in '99. Sub is an RW8 bought in 2004. I've never had a good room for them until now.

I'm just now finishing up the bonus room above my garage. Size of the room is 13X22. All insulation is spray foam. All speaker wire is run in the wall with banana plugs at each speaker location. My main concern is, how high off the floor should the surrounds be? Should they be behind or to the side of the seating area?

I know they are mismatched from different speaker lines. Just wondering if y'all think they will sound OK. They will be running through a Denon AVR1911.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post

Browning i wish you were a little closer i would love to hear the pb-13 U you already have. I think that is everyone's dream sub. Not the end all but as close as you can get to it on most peoples budget.
Marcono i am happy for you. I always loved my klipsch rf-82s. Really the perfect speaker, the problem is when you already have the perfect speaker and there is a model better than it. Also i am a big fan of pioneer elite so you got my respect in that regards too.
By the way guys, black swan sound got better in the end. As far as the movie goes i thought it was actually pretty incredible. Not a whole lot of special effects but a lot of good acting and drama that is suspenseful. I guess i am a dario argento's Suspira fan so i was able to settle in for a ballet movie.

where are you located? anyways whoever wants to listen welcome anytime.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:

So now my system will be as follow;

left and right; Rf 82 II
center; i need to replace what i have right now with a rc 62II but it work ok for now

Surround; rf 62

klipsch sub that im not sure what it is , but its new and i just love the sound i get out of it!

pioneer elite sc 35

its all comming together now, my home theater project is reaching the end( i hope!)

Good for you! Congratulations!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto8W View Post

Guys,

Just wanted your opinions on my setup. In the front I have a pair of KG 3.2's. I bought these new in '93 and are in excellent condition. Center is a SC1 bought around 2000. Surrounds are KSB 1.1's. bought from my brother in law in '99. Sub is an RW8 bought in 2004. I've never had a good room for them until now.

I'm just now finishing up the bonus room above my garage. Size of the room is 13X22. All insulation is spray foam. All speaker wire is run in the wall with banana plugs at each speaker location. My main concern is, how high off the floor should the surrounds be? Should they be behind or to the side of the seating area?

I know they are mismatched from different speaker lines. Just wondering if y'all think they will sound OK. They will be running through a Denon AVR1911.

Thanks

here's what DXS puts the speakers should be @ in the diagram ear level on the surrounds for height would be my guess & I M O
I have mine @ 100 degrees or just slightly behind the M L P
i'm running 9.2 with heights & wides .
for U & 5.1 I'd place the surrounds directly to the left & right .. or just a hair behind you there is some wiggle room but seeing how U want the wire in wall I'd do a dry run on placement OR leave enuff speaker wire to adjust when the room is done . that set-up should sound great ..
LL

Mike

Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

here's what DXS puts the speakers should be @ in the diagram ear level on the surrounds for height would be my guess & I M O
I have mine @ 100 degrees or just slightly behind the M L P
i'm running 9.2 with heights & wides .
for U & 5.1 I'd place the surrounds directly to the left & right .. or just a hair behind you there is some wiggle room but seeing how U want the wire in wall I'd do a dry run on placement OR leave enuff speaker wire to adjust when the room is done . that set-up should sound great ..

Thanks,

I plan on having some adjustment on the placement of the speakers. I also believe speaker set up on the Denon will help a great deal.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
RC-62 II $299+Shipping from 48083. Only a couple of months old. Very few hours Anyone interested? no pay pal fee. I am trying to avoid all the fees at Audiogon (used id Mupi)
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

RC-62 II $299+Shipping from 48083. Only a couple of months old. Very few hours Anyone interested? no pay pal fee. I am trying to avoid all the fees at Audiogon (used id Mupi)

Yeah Ebay is even worse than Audiogon for fee's

Mike

Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Well just took the plunge and bought an XPA-5 to go with my system that I have currently (RF35's, RC25, RS35's) I am really interested to see what kind of difference it makes. Also bought some RB51's for my rear surrounds (wanted the 61's but I only had 13 inches of clearance behind me so the 51's were the only that fit) Can't wait to see what it all sounds like soon!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Well just took the plunge and bought an XPA-5 to go with my system that I have currently (RF35's, RC25, RS35's) I am really interested to see what kind of difference it makes. Also bought some RB51's for my rear surrounds (wanted the 61's but I only had 13 inches of clearance behind me so the 51's were the only that fit) Can't wait to see what it all sounds like soon!

you need to try and find you a RC35 or RC62 center.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

what AVR are U running ? & yes get a RC-62 Mupi has a great price on his see above post by him

Mike

Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM

Great thread guys, I've been reading it for a couple years now. I'm a Klipsch fan as well. Though I don't have any klipsch speakers from the Reference line (mine are from the Icon X line), I still love them. They sound really good and detailed.

I have a question, i'm currently looking to get a new AVR (looking at an elite SC35)....I know that not many people here own the Icon X speakers, but do you think i'll gain any extra sound quality from the pioneer? or should I go with another AVR? (I have an old Harmon Kardon 635)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMaMa84 View Post

Great thread guys, I've been reading it for a couple years now. I'm a Klipsch fan as well. Though I don't have any klipsch speakers from the Reference line (mine are from the Icon X line), I still love them. They sound really good and detailed.

I have a question, i'm currently looking to get a new AVR (looking at an elite SC35)....I know that not many people here own the Icon X speakers, but do you think i'll gain any extra sound quality from the pioneer? or should I go with another AVR? (I have an old Harmon Kardon 635)

Yeah i think you will gain some sound quality especially with blu-ray as you will be able to take advantage of the high def codecs if you are running 5.1. Depending on how much you are paying for the sc-35 a better choice may be separates if you can afford it. Or get an amp to go along with the sc-35. Or just buy an amp right now and use it with your avr 635. You have lots of options
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post

Yeah i think you will gain some sound quality especially with blu-ray as you will be able to take advantage of the high def codecs if you are running 5.1. Depending on how much you are paying for the sc-35 a better choice may be separates if you can afford it. Or get an amp to go along with the sc-35. Or just buy an amp right now and use it with your avr 635. You have lots of options

Thanks for the reply.

the new audio codecs is one of the main reason why I want a new AVR (plus video switching through the AVR) I could search around and probably get a SC25 or wait until the SC35's get replaced and get one for cheap from best buy or something. I've been thinking about buying an amp for the center and surrounds (the towers already have amps)....but my problem is that I can't really turn the sound up too much before the neighbors start to cry. But if an amp would make them sound even better, then i'm game.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm currently running a yamaha 1800. Yes I did pm that person because I do want to upgrade the center as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm currently running a yamaha 1800. Yes I did pm that person because I do want to upgrade the center as well.

Yeah that Yammi should work fine with the XPA-5 & a the RC62 if U get it will be a great up-grade the both of them

Mike

Old 05-06-2011, 01:32 PM

i got my sc 35 for 924 on ebay with free shipping, and its almost 50% off the price up here in canada.. so it was a good deal for me.

I have read many many many many article and reviews on the sc 35 and it is definitely a great piece of equipment to add to your home theatre system.

Home theatre .com did a real test on it, and it really pushes 140 watt per channel on a 7.1 system witch is absolutely amazing! Theres is also tons of feature on that amp that make it even greater.

I dont have much experience with other brand or set up, all i can say is if you buy a sc 35, you wont be disappointed.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:

i got my sc 35 for 924 on ebay with free shipping, and its almost 50% off the price up here in canada.. so it was a good deal for me.

I have read many many many many article and reviews on the sc 35 and it is definitely a great piece of equipment to add to your home theatre system.

Home theatre .com did a real test on it, and it really pushes 140 watt per channel on a 7.1 system witch is absolutely amazing! Theres is also tons of feature on that amp that make it even greater.

I dont have much experience with other brand or set up, all i can say is if you buy a sc 35, you wont be disappointed.

Thats a great price for the SC 35. I want to (and more likely will) get one within the next 3-4 months.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:52 AM

Hello

I am planning to order new Klipsch HT. The order shall take about 45 days for delivery and hence I want to make sure that my system will run perfect as expected from Klipsch.

Although I liked the sound of RF 62II, I ordered RF 82II instead, what are difference that I will experience in sound quality if I moved to RF 82?

Now for 5.1 system I will add surround speaker either RS-62II or RS-51, could you help me decide which is most likely will be more effective for 35 sq meter room? and how is small difference in spec can make that much of difference for me?

The shop dealer argue me to use the bookshelf RB 51II instead of surround speak RS 52II because it performs better in surrounding sound; is his claim accurate? (FYI the system I've herd at his shop contains the RB-51II and their sound was okay)
To help in my decision do the surround speaker usually placed on rear or the side of the listener?

I like to join Klipsch community and be proud owner of Klipsch, could you help in deciding best combination of speakers for 5.1 system?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

:::>IlovlatinMusic <:::

here's diagram for Audyeesy DXS placement of speakers .there is some debate on RS over RB here & most of that is preference & what your room is shaped as.
the RS surround speakers depend on reflecting the sound off the walls & objects then back @ your ears
the RB's are called direct radiators & are to be aimed directly @ the M L P (main listening position) so that the sound is direct from speaker to your ears .
your Front towers the 82 's are direct radiators Also .
the RS's work well in long narrow rooms (where the left / right/ center front speakers are on the shortest in length wall in the room ) where seating is in rows or as backs( in a 7.1 system) if the seating is at the back wall as in a couch
look @ the RS's, the horns are @ 90 degree angles from each other (Klipsch calls them Wide Dispersion ) but they are bi-poles (google,WiKi bi-pole speakers to better understand their use ) AND they are more expensive as well over what a similar direct radiator in the same level of bookshelf speaker will cost .

****the 51's will NOT be timbre & voiced matched well with the 82's due to the horn much different & way smaller****

I suggest you step up to the RB81's as they are the same price as the RS51's as with a 81 you will be getting a much bigger woofer than a 51 & the horn is voiced matched to the 82's as it's the SAME horn ! .

it's important that with a 5.1 system that all speakers be voiced the same & have the same timbre ,if in the future you add speakers say to 7.1 or 9.1 you can add some of smaller speakers but I'd try to keep the set as closely matched there also as then you will experience a room that has total envelopment of the sound of music & Home Theater as in movies & TV . & that is best described as being on stage with the band &/Or in the middle of the action movie when U feel that things are coming @ you from all directions ( Say ; gun fire coming from one side of the room, the bullet whizzes buy your head & then impacts on the opposite wall)& You NOT knowing or realizing which speaker any of those sounds came from at any given moment , That Is A Total Envelopment Experience, And that is what Home Theater is all about making your room a better sonic experience than going to see a Film at your local CinemaPlex.........
Of course I must add a disclaimer here ....
This Is I M H O ....... but I have been down this road before & had wished that someone had explained it better to me THEN.
As then I would not to have had to sell & replace speakers to get what I've got now a well voiced & timbre matched set ...
i learned thru trail & error & yes I did buy speakers that I wished i hadn't.
money is best spent if you are knowledgeable on how your room works & How the various speakers will work in your room .

Might I ask what are the wall lengths , where the center & display will be placed , what AVR you will use ? is the room filled with windows , are there any large openings to the HT room that lead to other rooms (like dining room, kitchens ect . ? )
Is your Home Theater room the living room or is it a dedicated Home Entertainment room
I ask all this to better help you , many members here have vary different rooms than mine & we all can relate our own experiences with our various rooms in some way to help with what you ask . We can better help by knowing what you are dealing with .
I my self have a living room the wife has let me do what i want with placement of speakers & put any size speaker i want where i want ,but it is a living room with a large opening to a dining room
the living room is 24 feet by 20 feet with the display @ the center of the short wall meaning that it's wider than longer , with a huge picture window on the right side But has a heavy thick curtain so not to reflect sound & the opposite wall has on it's full length bookshelves that act about the same as the curtain does
LL

Mike

Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Hi - My HT Room is approximately 12' wide and 20' deep, with 8' ceilings. I have 2 RF-3's and a RC-3 beside/above a 67" Samsung DLP at front and Kilpsch powered subwoofer in right front corner. There are 2 rows of seating in back of room and I have 2 RS-3's on side walls about 3' from rear wall and about 6' from floor. I am upgrading old AV Receiver to Yamaha RX-A2000 and therefore looking to add rear surround - in rear wall, at same height as surrounds. So far, the R-5650-S's look like a good candidate, but I would welcome any suggestions. I'm new to 7.1, so would welcome suggestions on other speakers and/or placement.

Thanks for reading and for any assistance! John
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_john View Post

Hi - My HT Room is approximately 12' wide and 20' deep, with 8' ceilings. I have 2 RF-3's and a RC-3 beside/above a 67" Samsung DLP at front and Kilpsch powered subwoofer in right front corner. There are 2 rows of seating in back of room and I have 2 RS-3's on side walls about 3' from rear wall and about 6' from floor. I am upgrading old AV Receiver to Yamaha RX-A2000 and therefore looking to add rear surround - in rear wall, at same height as surrounds. So far, the R-5650-S's look like a good candidate, but I would welcome any suggestions. I'm new to 7.1, so would welcome suggestions on other speakers and/or placement.

Thanks for reading and for any assistance! John

here's what i found about what one guy who didn't like them at all even thou he got them for $75 each off C/L I guess the seller had the same problem
but anyway here's how now he's really happy with what he has now, due to him putting in some extra effort to mount & place them to get the best outta them
Quote ..
My opinion of these speakers has gone up in direct proportion to how much work I've done to get them to sound good. I bought four R-5650-S speakers off of Craigslist for $75 each. When I first tried them out, they sounded terrible! No bass, very weak and muddy.

I did a fair amount of research on in-wall speakers and I found that building boxes for the speakers would help the sound. This helped, with the bass, but they still sounded muddy still. However, after the dry wall went up in my basement, I put the speakers in their in-wall boxes, and did two more things: 1.) put caulk around them to ensure that now sound escaped around the edges, and then put insulation inside of the box to dampen reverberation. I was really impressed! While they sound no where as nice as my B&W 684's, these speakers sound at almost as good as my Klipsch RB-5-II's and MUCH better then my Klipsch Synergy B-2s.

So, if you use these speakers, take the time to set them up correctly. Build boxes, put insulation in the boxes, and caulk to ensure that only the intended sound comes out. Also, remember that dry-wall does not provide much sound insulation. So, don't count on that being your reverberation box.

Un-Quote

seems I'd be looking @ finding these from a un-happy camper that didn't do as he did on the mounting & refinement of the in wall box , that is/was quite a savings in price ..
I myself I done what he has with drywall & beefing up the inner walls , working with sheetrock is not as hard as it looks . getting the right tools is the key (they are not expensive at all as far as tools go ) a good spreading knife ,spakle,the fiber glass netting ,sand paper . enclosing the speaker in MDF inside the wall is just like make a speaker box just easier as U just line the inside opening with MDF chalk all seams , woofers need a certain volume for them to correctly transmit the bass response soo look @ what volume is needed & go from there ( i'd look @ the cubic volume a regular sized klipsch woof that size uses( ie; a RB series )& try to get close to that volume with the interior cavity of the wall & box it in with MDF ) seal up as he does & you've got a wall speak that will work as designed

Mike

Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Mike - thanks.

I started with these, as they looked like they would pair well with my existing speaker system. It appears that the problem he describes would be associated with most in-wall speakers; however, if you have another option/speaker that you would recommend, please feel free to respond. I'm really just starting to look.

Thanks - John

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black