Klipsch owner thread - Page 502 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
I'd gear what your looking for to what u already have , voice matching & timbre is the most important & just comparing the specs will give U a good idea
I open 2 windows & compare the speakers to a matching set of what the in-walls are , from there I just go back & forth till You see a good match & Then Call Klipsch themselves & ask them if your choices will be a good fit . i always research then ask questions as then you already have an base of info to ask better questions . In walls are a tough choice as they can't be easliy swapped out. i talked to guys who have built in walls with the Heriatge line horns & woofers & done quite well .
as they do have a direct call line & they are most helpful as I have called & emailed them many times , & Nezff says their on=line chat works really well also for the same info .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Member
 
IlovlatinMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

here's diagram for Audyeesy DXS placement of speakers .there is some debate on RS over RB here & most of that is preference & what your room is shaped as.
the RS surround speakers depend on reflecting the sound off the walls & objects then back @ your ears
the RB's are called direct radiators & are to be aimed directly @ the M L P (main listening position) so that the sound is direct from speaker to your ears .
your Front towers the 82 's are direct radiators Also .
the RS's work well in long narrow rooms (where the left / right/ center front speakers are on the shortest in length wall in the room ) where seating is in rows or as backs( in a 7.1 system) if the seating is at the back wall as in a couch
look @ the RS's, the horns are @ 90 degree angles from each other (Klipsch calls them Wide Dispersion ) but they are bi-poles (google,WiKi bi-pole speakers to better understand their use ) AND they are more expensive as well over what a similar direct radiator in the same level of bookshelf speaker will cost .

****the 51's will NOT be timbre & voiced matched well with the 82's due to the horn much different & way smaller****

I suggest you step up to the RB81's as they are the same price as the RS51's as with a 81 you will be getting a much bigger woofer than a 51 & the horn is voiced matched to the 82's as it's the SAME horn ! .

it's important that with a 5.1 system that all speakers be voiced the same & have the same timbre ,if in the future you add speakers say to 7.1 or 9.1 you can add some of smaller speakers but I'd try to keep the set as closely matched there also as then you will experience a room that has total envelopment of the sound of music & Home Theater as in movies & TV . & that is best described as being on stage with the band &/Or in the middle of the action movie when U feel that things are coming @ you from all directions ( Say ; gun fire coming from one side of the room, the bullet whizzes buy your head & then impacts on the opposite wall)& You NOT knowing or realizing which speaker any of those sounds came from at any given moment , That Is A Total Envelopment Experience, And that is what Home Theater is all about making your room a better sonic experience than going to see a Film at your local CinemaPlex.........
Of course I must add a disclaimer here ....
This Is I M H O ....... but I have been down this road before & had wished that someone had explained it better to me THEN.
As then I would not to have had to sell & replace speakers to get what I've got now a well voiced & timbre matched set ...
i learned thru trail & error & yes I did buy speakers that I wished i hadn't.
money is best spent if you are knowledgeable on how your room works & How the various speakers will work in your room .


Might I ask what are the wall lengths , where the center & display will be placed , what AVR you will use ? is the room filled with windows , are there any large openings to the HT room that lead to other rooms (like dining room, kitchens ect . ? )
Is your Home Theater room the living room or is it a dedicated Home Entertainment room
I ask all this to better help you , many members here have vary different rooms than mine & we all can relate our own experiences with our various rooms in some way to help with what you ask . We can better help by knowing what you are dealing with .
I my self have a living room the wife has let me do what i want with placement of speakers & put any size speaker i want where i want ,but it is a living room with a large opening to a dining room
the living room is 24 feet by 20 feet with the display @ the center of the short wall meaning that it's wider than longer , with a huge picture window on the right side But has a heavy thick curtain so not to reflect sound & the opposite wall has on it's full length bookshelves that act about the same as the curtain does

I appreciate every opinion or idea, I've wrote on this forum to consulte and have better ideas, opinion and experience. At the end it will be my choice and decision, but I like to collect other people opinion and experience before purchasing my speakers.

I will place my HT at my living room, which has height of 4m. It has an odd shape; similar to diamond; and it is open to the staircase. The distance between furthest points of the room is 7m. I've dedicated a rectangular area for my HT about 35 sq meter.
To have full idea about my living room I've attached a sketch of my living room with full illustration about the position of the TV and HT. The wall which TV is mounted on it is 4 meter wide. The sofa is 6 meter away from the TV. So I hope this can give you clear idea about dimention of my room and hopfully give me much better idea.



Why do I have the feeling you are discouraged about the surround speakers? I believe you are right about their prices, but do they really worth it?

Nonetheless Klipsch are the best for my budget and Spec.
IlovlatinMusic is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 605
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
HI ALL, SURROUNDS are ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT.! you will need to think of a few things, we see the layout. But to you are gonna have to use your imagination to hook it up. If your just worried about that specific area; do you rent/own, is there other family to consider? If you got the money you may want to consider ribbon speaker wire to the surrounds. That if you do not want to mess with dry wall. You can go under carpet with protecting to speaker stands to speakers. You can go long way up the wall then ceiling then, speakers in ceiling or reverse speaker stands turned to hangers. Or copper tubing or what your imagination. it just my opinion. an sense we can not actually see the spot... well have fun. OOOhh read read read.

XBOX >cata1:mothballed; PS3+4  =  CHiNGOBLiNG   = RUBEN...
YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!

 

itty bitty MAN CAVE:http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/32536

    has now become>>.. "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER"..click..>http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2341067/the-shoemaker-...


ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 605
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
my bad, if you use ribbon speaker wire you can; cover up with wall mud and paint. AN those nights your watching your movies or games, you will be smiling.

XBOX >cata1:mothballed; PS3+4  =  CHiNGOBLiNG   = RUBEN...
YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!

 

itty bitty MAN CAVE:http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/32536

    has now become>>.. "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER"..click..>http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2341067/the-shoemaker-...


ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CT_Wiebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Fastslappy -- BTW, the side surrounds are supposed to be at least 2' above ear height, per the THX recommendations. I'm not sure about the back surrounds, but the rooms I've seen all have the back surrounds above ear height too.

Surrounds are supposed to provide the ambience, so they should not be aimed at the listeners. This is the reason that they should be above ear height, IMHO.

- Claus {non-Santa model}
CT_Wiebe is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe View Post

Fastslappy -- BTW, the side surrounds are supposed to be at least 2' above ear height, per the THX recommendations. I'm not sure about the back surrounds, but the rooms I've seen all have the back surrounds above ear height too.

Surrounds are supposed to provide the ambiance, so they should not be aimed at the listeners. This is the reason that they should be above ear height, IMHO.

that's a THX system where they set a 2' rule ,DSX & Audyssey says different for radiators . now as far as the true surround speaker & not a direct radiator I'd go with what the speaker MFG'ers says on placement both on where & height . & Yes the RS line are for ambiance which is why in odd shaped rooms they are the best , case in point IloveLatinmusic's room would be better suited with Large RS81's if ambiance is what he desires , Which is why I had asked him to show what room the diameters were, he intended to use as a HT . now with his diagram I say he's best served with RS 81 surrounds as he's got alot of room to fill with sound . if I was him i'd have a set of RF-82 in front & 4 RS-81's as backs & surrounds with the odd shape , therefore stepping up to a 7.1 system .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovlatinMusic View Post

I appreciate every opinion or idea, I've wrote on this forum to consult and have better ideas, opinion and experience. At the end it will be my choice and decision, but I like to collect other people opinion and experience before purchasing my speakers.

I will place my HT at my living room, which has height of 4m. It has an odd shape; similar to diamond; and it is open to the staircase. The distance between furthest points of the room is 7m. I've dedicated a rectangular area for my HT about 35 sq meter.
To have full idea about my living room I've attached a sketch of my living room with full illustration about the position of the TV and HT. The wall which TV is mounted on it is 4 meter wide. The sofa is 6 meter away from the TV. So I hope this can give you clear idea about dimension of my room and hopefully give me much better idea.



Why do I have the feeling you are discouraged about the surround speakers? I believe you are right about their prices, but do they really worth it?

Nonetheless Klipsch are the best for my budget and Spec.

I must ask if you are having your HT area ,as a set area where you want the most accurate sound for Movies & if the speakers are to be place at edges area on stands or are you placing them on walls . the other possible question is this also a dual purpose room as in are going to need to fill the whole area with music & still want to be able to experience movies at their best ? Surrounds are worth the extra cost if you feel / need to cover a area that is best suited for them . In my room surround RS type Bi-poles don't work as good as radiators , your room then that's a very different animal going by your diagram . I'm not try to tell you to buy any specific type at all & yes what you choose is your choice . Just offering up advice as you asked .
in your diagram placing the L/R/C front three speakers is an easy placement But the surrounds & backs (if you go with backs) is going to be challenging . A 4 meter ceiling is a large cubic volume of room that needs to be addressed if you are planning on filling the room with music .

Now if your plan is to have a 5.1 system HT only AND have them the speakers in the shaded area of the HT with the sound aimed at the sofa as a dedicated Movie watch area then I suggest the RF-82 times 4 at the corners of the shaded area . that's what I'd do if I was just setting up for Only movies @ their best dynamic impact at the sofa .
So it's up to you as how you want the room set-up dual use or a dedicated HT area . a choice of either means different speaker set-up , & a choice of dual Home Theater & a Music room with full coverage use is yet another choice of a different speaker set-up . You have a set of choices is what I am pointing out . it's very wise of you to ask opinions & get input as you have complicated room with different avenues of direction .
plus the fact that different people like ambiance feel in the surrounds & some like the total envelopment feel . i myself like the total envelopment feel & in my room direct radiators do that best(my room is mostly near square & 8 foot ceiling , 90 degree corners ).
keep us posted on how you proceed ( make sure that you have a good return policy as sometimes the best laid plans don't sound the way we had hoped for )
Anyway Good Luck & hope I have helped

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Member
 
YoMaMa84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe View Post

Fastslappy -- BTW, the side surrounds are supposed to be at least 2' above ear height, per the THX recommendations. I'm not sure about the back surrounds, but the rooms I've seen all have the back surrounds above ear height too.

Surrounds are supposed to provide the ambience, so they should not be aimed at the listeners. This is the reason that they should be above ear height, IMHO.

These are my surrounds (Klipsch Icon X-12), would you say they are fine where they are? I have them tilted down slightly towards the couch and about 3 ft back (it's a 5.1 set-up)

Thanks


YoMaMa84 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Member
 
BIT RATE MASTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
YoMaMa, yes i said yo mama. After seeing that second pic i would say your surrounds are doing just fine where they are. They would be better placed on the sides or on speaker stands behind you but really they are going to work okay where they are right now. Enjoy, nice looking place. What are you using for fronts?
BIT RATE MASTER is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Member
 
movies2090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: WI
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok just about to put the finishing touches on most of my new system. I will be buying an Onkyo 3008 receiver to go with my xpa-5 that I ordered and will be doing a 9.2 setup with heights and surround backs. Just seeing if this setup will sound strange. I said in an earlier post, that for my 2 rear surround backs, I only had 13 inches of clearance so I had to get RB51's for those. I plan on getting the RB61's (at a great price) for my front heights. Bought the center channel (RC 62 II) from a member on here. Which will go with my RF 35's and RS 35's. (Im saving on buying the 82 II's and Rs 52 II's until I hear how this setup sounds) This will be paired with 2 Epik Empires. So I'm just wondering if my setup will sound ok with all the mix and matching I currently have going on? Any help would be appreciated.
movies2090 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by movies2090 View Post

Ok just about to put the finishing touches on most of my new system. I will be buying an Onkyo 3008 receiver to go with my xpa-5 that I ordered and will be doing a 9.2 setup with heights and surround backs. Just seeing if this setup will sound strange. I said in an earlier post, that for my 2 rear surround backs, I only had 13 inches of clearance so I had to get RB51's for those. I plan on getting the RB61's (at a great price) for my front heights. Bought the center channel (RC 62 II) from a member on here. Which will go with my RF 35's and RS 35's. (Im saving on buying the 82 II's and Rs 52 II's until I hear how this setup sounds) This will be paired with 2 Epik Empires. So I'm just wondering if my setup will sound ok with all the mix and matching I currently have going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Yer doing it right slowly add speakers to what you have got (just make sure a return policy in case something does not work out sounding right )
the 3008 is a great AVR I have the 5008 I love it !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Member
 
DJ Superstylin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
II must say, the Klipsch VF35 Floorstanders really impressed me with the brightness and razor sharp crispness of the Tractix horns... Sure they're nowhere near as accurate as the B&W's but honestly, IDFC. They were quite an experience and I think they're better suited for techno/party music. Klipsch has an affectionate nod of approval from me
DJ Superstylin is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Member
 
Costanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do any of you know which Klipsch speaker line the new subwoofers (SW110, 112, 310, 308) are matched to, if any?
Costanza is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Member
 
IlovlatinMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYHDTV View Post

HI ALL, SURROUNDS are ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT.! you will need to think of a few things, we see the layout. But to you are gonna have to use your imagination to hook it up. If your just worried about that specific area; do you rent/own, is there other family to consider? If you got the money you may want to consider ribbon speaker wire to the surrounds. That if you do not want to mess with dry wall. You can go under carpet with protecting to speaker stands to speakers. You can go long way up the wall then ceiling then, speakers in ceiling or reverse speaker stands turned to hangers. Or copper tubing or what your imagination. it just my opinion. an sense we can not actually see the spot... well have fun. OOOhh read read read.

I may agree with you, but Klipsch RF 82II horn is much louder than SR 62II, as a result my HT experience would be affected, which leaves me to buy either RB 81II or RF 62 instead of RF82.
The living room layout is challenge, but anyway it is rented house, and I don't have replacement for this room.
Wiring is another challenge, that I've dealt with already since KLIPSCH dealer will take care of hiding wires and won't charge me for that service
IlovlatinMusic is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Member
 
IlovlatinMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I must ask if you are having your HT area ,as a set area where you want the most accurate sound for Movies & if the speakers are to be place at edges area on stands or are you placing them on walls .

I am not sure, to be honest. I thought about hanging right speaker in the wall and place the opposite speaker on stand; however the stand that Klipsch distributor provides is short and it won't raise speakers to ear level according to measurement I've done. I may push surround speaker slightly outside the HT area.
I assume both surround speakers shall be on the side, not behind the listener for 5.1 system, am I right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the other possible question is this also a dual purpose room as in are going to need to fill the whole area with music & still want to be able to experience movies at their best ? Surrounds are worth the extra cost if you feel / need to cover a area that is best suited for them . In my room surround RS type Bi-poles don't work as good as radiators , your room then that's a very different animal going by your diagram . I'm not try to tell you to buy any specific type at all & yes what you choose is your choice . Just offering up advice as you asked .

I've dedicated the HT for the marked area, It is ok for the sound to cover the full room, however at that time I won't care about the quality of surrounding sound because I will be outside the HT area. Mostly, I will need the floor standing speakers to fill the room with sound and disconnect the surround speakers when I have other activities..
However, dual purpose room is something new and genius, I may consider it in the future when i moved to different house.

I understand your point, but in my case the SR 62II could not match the RF 82II. Although, the surround effect of SR62 will be much better than radiator RB81, the second one shall give more accurate sound; as you pointed before. KLIPSCH don't provide an equivalent model for now. I am not sure if I am mixing between numbers right now..



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

in your diagram placing the L/R/C front three speakers is an easy placement But the surrounds & backs (if you go with backs) is going to be challenging . A 4 meter ceiling is a large cubic volume of room that needs to be addressed if you are planning on filling the room with music .

Now if your plan is to have a 5.1 system HT only AND have them the speakers in the shaded area of the HT with the sound aimed at the sofa as a dedicated Movie watch area then I suggest the RF-82 times 4 at the corners of the shaded area . that's what I'd do if I was just setting up for Only movies @ their best dynamic impact at the sofa .

I think 4 RF 62 can be more effective; price wise; but I don't have space to accommodate RF at the back/side of my sofa. There is nothing I can do about my room, so I have to live with it now and consider these kind of issues in the future, when I select a new house.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

So it's up to you as how you want the room set-up dual use or a dedicated HT area . a choice of either means different speaker set-up , & a choice of dual Home Theater & a Music room with full coverage use is yet another choice of a different speaker set-up . You have a set of choices is what I am pointing out . it's very wise of you to ask opinions & get input as you have complicated room with different avenues of direction .
plus the fact that different people like ambiance feel in the surrounds & some like the total envelopment feel . i myself like the total envelopment feel & in my room direct radiators do that best(my room is mostly near square & 8 foot ceiling , 90 degree corners ).
keep us posted on how you proceed (make sure that you have a good return policy as sometimes the best laid plans don't sound the way we had hoped for )
Anyway Good Luck & hope I have helped

It is really generous from you to give me your time and advice. Couldn't realize my room can cause such complication for my use, Although it accommodates everything I put in.
I haven't decide of I am going to surrounds or radiators yet, but I may do after I have gather all information needed.
IlovlatinMusic is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Member
 
YoMaMa84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIT RATE MASTER View Post

YoMaMa, yes i said yo mama. After seeing that second pic i would say your surrounds are doing just fine where they are. They would be better placed on the sides or on speaker stands behind you but really they are going to work okay where they are right now. Enjoy, nice looking place. What are you using for fronts?

hahaha, thanks. I'm using all Klipsch Icons (Xf-48 fronts and XL-23 for center) and a Klipsch RW 10D for sub
YoMaMa84 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
barasn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now i have new question i have denon 5805 mk2 receiver for klipsh thx 2 ultra set i think to change receiver lookıng for marantz av-7005 pre and marantz mm8003 power or marantz av 7005 with Nad m-25 power which one better with klipsh thx 2 ultra set?



or i stay Denon 5805 mk2?
barasn is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by barasn View Post

Now i have new question i have denon 5805 mk2 receiver for klipsh thx 2 ultra set i think to change receiver lookıng for marantz av-7005 pre and marantz mm8003 power or marantz av 7005 with Nad m-25 power which one better with klipsh thx 2 ultra set?



or i stay Denon 5805 mk2?

have you looked @ the Integra line up of pre-pro's & amps ? like the DTA-70.1 & the DCH-80.2 ?
they have the XT32 from Audyssey & 32bit DAC's ,HDMIv1.4a,toroidal power supply plus 9 channels soo heights & wides can be done in DSX .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
the Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Uh oh......look what I did...........



I left a panel out.
LL
the Son is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Member
 
SchattenJager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder why Klipsch stopped making the ProMedia 5.1 Ultra. That system is by far the best PC set I've ever heard.
SchattenJager is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post
Uh oh......look what I did...........



I left a panel out.
OHH NOOO !

Gee that's gonna sound great !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
the Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post
OHH NOOO !

Gee that's gonna sound great !



....and you can't see the 6 RS-62s.............................


the Son is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Member
 
YoMaMa84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post
Uh oh......look what I did...........



I left a panel out.
Mother of Troy!!!!!!

Thats a lot of speakers!!! I'm sure it sounds great though
YoMaMa84 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post



....and you can't see the 6 RS-62s.............................



those are 83's right ?? damn where U get them?? they Very Hard to find ??

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
the Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

those are 83's right ?? damn where U get them?? they Very Hard to find ??

Yep. I found them within about 5 miles of each other. I first tried finding some 83s about 2 months ago. Never could find them at the price I wanted to pay. I have been emailing one of the guys I got them from for almost the whole time I've been looking. The other pair popped up on craigslist last week. They just happened to be really close, so took a day trip (4 1/2 hours one way) and picked them up.
the Son is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
StuBerger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southeastern Illinois
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post

Uh oh......look what I did...........



I left a panel out.

I think I'm going to get excited if I keep looking at all those speakers....

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
StuBerger is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
the Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
.......it's a disease.
the Son is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,696
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Are you running a showroom? Are you switching between them all for different uses? You are not running them all at the same time, are you?

psgcdn is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Son View Post

.......it's a disease.

I will predict that a pair of RF82 & a RC62 is soon for sale !
I myself would keep everything but the RC62
& use them all in 11.2 system
L O L
WoW what a killer set-up that would be !!

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
the Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Are you running a showroom? Are you switching between them all for different uses? You are not running them all at the same time, are you?

No, it's my living room. I'll probably only use one set of 83s, the 64, and 4 of the RS-62s for 7.2. Still debating on using the 82s for wides.

I may use the other 83s for stereo music, since my receiver doesn't do 2.0 stereo when there's a sub(s) connected. I can only get 2.1(.2). If I used the second pair of 83s for my "B" speakers, then I can have 2.0 for music. ...............But then I can't have 9.2.

It's all up in the air.
the Son is offline  
 

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off