Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 37957 Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Wap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks zen,

I have rc 25 for center, the rb 51 for fronts and 2 pair of rs 25s for side and rear sounds. I still waiting to buy my sub, rw 10 or rw 12. I am very happy about the sound. i had sonys in my theater room b/f the klipsch.

I prefer the rb for front not floor in my theater. I try to hide all speakers. If i know how to shrink a photo i would show a pic of the speakers and my set up. The rs set in colums that i built and the rb sit on a small shelf to the left and right of screen and my center sit up next to the ceiling facing down. I have not had my room professionally tested for the sound but it sounds good for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 37957 Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM

Liked: 14
I have a set of 4 inwall 5650S Klipsch speakers to finish out my 7.1 setup. This is to compliment my RB51,RC42 fronts.

Is it 'ok' if the side surrounds are not directly across from each other. One side surround has to be a couple of feet in front of the prime listening position. I have more flexibility on the other side but i cannot be directly across. Should I attempt to match the distance from the back or should I put one side slightly behind my listening position, and not match the location on the other side?
Also at what height should I mount the speakers? And should I flip the speaker so the tweeter is at the bottom to be closer to the ears?
post #1503 of 37957 Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 AM

Liked: 12
How are the rb-10's for side surrounds in a 7.1 system?

I am looking at the RF-62 for the fronts and the RW-12D for the sub. But the RB-61's are just two big for the area as side surrounds. I have inwalls for back surrounds.

Thanks.
post #1504 of 37957 Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Good afternoon all… I have a 20x20 (give or take few feet) listening area downstairs in my basement, it’s not a dedicated HT. I would say, 70% GAMING, 20% movies, and 10% TV. I am considering this equipment and just wanted some opinions (good/bad/I would do this)… thanks in advance.

A/V: Yamaha RX-V3800
F: F3 or RB61/81
C: RC62
R: RB51
S: RSW 10d
post #1505 of 37957 Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyoda View Post

Good afternoon all I have a 20x20 (give or take few feet) listening area downstairs in my basement, it's not a dedicated HT. I would say, 70% GAMING, 20% movies, and 10% TV. I am considering this equipment and just wanted some opinions (good/bad/I would do this) thanks in advance.

A/V: Yamaha RX-V3800
F: F3 or RB61/81
C: RC62
R: RB51
S: RSW 10d

I think you've got a decent start there but for the space you've got, I personally think you'd be more happy with reference floorstanders, like the 62's or 82's. Definitely don't go F3 synergy if you're doing reference for center and surrounds. That yamaha is pretty beefy, i think you'll be very happy with it.

Lastly i'm not sure of the output of the RSW 10, but I know I like my games with extra "boom". Unless you're looking to stay all klipsch, you might think about looking at some other companies like eD, SVS, HSU, and epik.
post #1506 of 37957 Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can say the RC62 is very nice. It is very well suited with my RF-82's (which can be had at a 30% off discount). I would say look at the RF-62's if price is an issue. If space is an issue, the RB reference series is very nice. I also have the RW-12d which is more than I need. Sub placement will do wonders with the effect of punch and depth! Good luck with whatever path you take and let us know what you picked up in the end.
post #1507 of 37957 Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Please don't kill me guys, I'm just confused!! I curently have a JBL HTIB setup, but just got an Onkyo SR805 receiver and a Klipsch sub-10. I am thinking about the Synergy III 8"s in front.
4 questions: are they good, what do I use for rears (sats or floor)? And is a 3-way center channel better than a 2-way? Which Klipsch for that also?

I basically watch BR/HD DVDs, SACDs and video games btw.

Adults are just kids who owe money
post #1508 of 37957 Old 11-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If I were you mlpetrozelli, I would check out the local best buy and give them a listen. See which ones sound the best to you and which ones just rub you the right way. Then go with those. Pretty easy. Your ears matter most! FWIW, I don't really care for floor standers as surrounds, that's just me.
post #1509 of 37957 Old 11-10-2007, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpetrozelli View Post

...4 questions: are they good, what do I use for rears (sats or floor)? And is a 3-way center channel better than a 2-way? Which Klipsch for that also?

I basically watch BR/HD DVDs, SACDs and video games btw.

I agree with electronleaker about going and listening for yourself, but I prefer running towers as side surrounds if they are parallel to your main listening position, especially for DVD-A/SACD. I also prefer them for movies. The only caveat is that you need to have a beefy enough AVR to drive them. That Onkyo looks like it could fit the bill on paper, but I have no experience with that brand of AVR.

Fwiw, the best center channel is going to be made by the same company that mates with your Mains.
post #1510 of 37957 Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 AM

If anyone is looking for a set of RB-51 bookshelves let me know, I am selling my pair for $225 shipped

thanks
post #1511 of 37957 Old 11-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

My suspicion is Magnolia's biggest problem with selling the larger RC-62 is due to size as insinuated by several posters here. I feel the RC-52 could/would be sufficient but wouldn't be preferable to the RC-62 if auditioned with the RF-62's or 82's in an A/B comparison. That is my impression auditioning previous models, but not the ones being discussed here (which I haven't done). YMMV.

Paired with the RF 82s and the sound is fine. I didn't have space for a bigger center.
post #1512 of 37957 Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeat View Post

I bought the rf-82,rc52,rs42 pach from BB. they have a 30 day return policy. I took the rc52 and the rs42s back. got an rc-62. the difference is amazing. tremendous improvement.

got RS-52's. do not notice very much difference, but the rc-62 is half of the noise coming out of the speakers.

What BB has RC 62 and RS 52????
post #1513 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 01:13 AM

Just picked up a pair of Reference IV RF-82's and feel like I'm a bit out of my element.

Bi-wirable Binding Posts? ... Do I need High end wires and receiver now? Or can I simply wire up a single set of terminals and use the simple Insignia 2x100w Stereo Receiver?

(Don't really need to answer that all in one go folks ... I've got the whole AVSforum to browse for that answer.)

How I ended up in this predicament .....

Started my Klipsch journey like many others my age (late 20's early 30's) with the ProMedia 4.1 PC speakers (which are still going strong). Since then I've drooled over the Quintets for years. Setting up a new place decided to just get a nice stereo speaker set instead of a full 5.1+ system. After doing a little research I figured the Synergy F1 would do the job and get me a Klipsch set for ht/audio instead of just PC.

I went into Best Buy to pickup the Synergy F1's. Magnolia center being the only place I could find someone who could help me, I happened to listen to the RF-62. I was thrilled with them, but thought I couldn't afford them. They were the reference series ... bound to be double the cost of the F1's. Long story short after a bit of a pricing error I was given a large discount only to find out that they didn't have the RF-62s in stock... but was given the same discount on the RF-82s. I jumped at it.

I'm just an average 'goto' Tech guy for family & friends.

If this post offended you, imagine a dancing monkey with top hat. Then move along to the next post.
post #1514 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post

Just picked up a pair of Reference IV RF-82's and feel like I'm a bit out of my element.

Bi-wirable Binding Posts? ... Do I need High end wires and receiver now? Or can I simply wire up a single set of terminals and use the simple Insignia 2x100w Stereo Receiver?

.... Long story short after a bit of a pricing error I was given a large discount only to find out that they didn't have the RF-62s in stock... but was given the same discount on the RF-82s. I jumped at it.

Congrats on the coup and welcome to the club. Insofar as the dual binding posts--Just make sure the jumpers between the two are in place and use one set of them and you should be fine. No need for special wire.
post #1515 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Can those of you that have received great deals online please PM me with the store that you dealt with. I would like to see if I can better the price I just paid for my RF setup I got from BB. I am definately going to return the RC-52 and purchase a RC-62 online.

Thanks in advance...

Chris

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
post #1516 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM

Also, has anyone upgraded from the RS-52 to the RS-62? Is the performance worth the cost increase?

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
post #1517 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

csnow,

I can't give you any specific information, but my general recommendation would be if you already know what you want, call the authorized Klipsch dealers in your area and see how much they would charge you for the exact speakers you are looking for.

If it's lower than BBY I would contact them with the legitimate offer and see if they would match it. If not, take the speakers back and purchase from your new dealer, if you are sure they will honor the quoted price and if the difference is worth the effort. Good Luck.

{edit: Be wary of dealers quoting you prices on merchandise that they don't have in stock and keep that in mind for consideration with negotiations with BBY}
post #1518 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnow View Post

Can those of you that have received great deals online please PM me with the store that you dealt with. I would like to see if I can better the price I just paid for my RF setup I got from BB. I am definately going to return the RC-52 and purchase a RC-62 online.

Thanks in advance...

Chris

Personally I don't agree with shopping post-sale...it only causes higher pricing for the next guy.

Retail is great for things you want today...if you want to buy today only to order online and return once the shipped item comes you are making it harder for those with legitimate problems to get returns done.

Getting raped is why Costco's 2 year no questions asked return policy was pulled. People were creating problems to get free upgrades every year or two...

Almost anything you can find locally can usually be found online more cheaply and usually through authorized dealers sometimes up to 50% or more off MSRP. The difference is in support and service. Online retailers usually offer no support nor time pre-sale...that is a big part of retail pricing plus paying for true retail space where you can actually sit and listen and even take an item home for an in-house audition.

I have had good luck buying nearly 90% of my items online. My TV I found locally for a steal and my original Def Tech BP20/10/CLR1000 with Rotel/Marantz electronics from a local small shop with pricing nearly equal to those online...it's rare, but some shops can do it catering to those in the know. When I was paying for my order, another guy was picking up a $10,000 turntable...at the time I had no idea they still made them yet alone people paying that much for them.
post #1519 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 PM

The purchase was somewhat of a spontaneous buy. I didn't realize the prices people were getting online until I started researching the RC-62 in this thread. I normally don't return items but this isn't a matter of $100. This is upwards of $400 +, which is too much of a savings not to return the speakers. These are going back. Not to worry, Best Buy has and will continue to get thousands of dollars from me in software, movies, games, music, etc. I spend enough to help them keep the lights on.

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
post #1520 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Fwiw, I have never bought HT gear on-line and can't believe that BestBuy (or Magnolia) wouldn't stock the recommended Center speaker that goes with the RF-62, RF-82 and RB-81 which they do sell. {edit: but they don't}
post #1521 of 37957 Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I just have to say I am totally impressed with how Klipsch handled a warranty issue for me. I bought a Rsw-15 sub from Ultimate electronics last year and it was rattling. We don't have Ultimate in Texas where I live so I contacted Klipsch to see what I needed to do and they promptly sent me a driver for it.(took 2 days) Well that didn't fix it so I called again and they sent me a Passive radiator that was the problem. I now have an extra Driver for my sub they didn't ask me to return it. And my sub is sounding beautiful. Now I suspect it was bad when I got it and I just didn't know any better. Anyway kudos to Klipsch for taking care of an issue so quickly.
post #1522 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Well, I just got a set of RF-82's, RC-62, and a set of RB-81's delivered to my door for less than what I paid for the RF-82, RC-52, and RS-42 combo at BB. Authorized Klipsch dealer so these are not refurbs or grey market and they come with the full factory warranty. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
post #1523 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remodeler View Post

I just have to say I am totally impressed with how Klipsch handled a warranty issue for me. I bought a Rsw-15 sub from Ultimate electronics last year and it was rattling...

They must like you. ;-)

My experience with Klipsch and my RSW 15 wasn't so good. It took over 6 weeks for them to send me the amp after numerous e-mails and contacts and then they decided to take the day off on the day I was to put it back together because of some stupid Super Bowl victory. They said mine was an isolated situation and when I complained they said that 99 % of their customers were happy. I guess I was one of the unlucky 1%.

I was frustrated enough after the incident to write them how I thought the situation could be remedied. It sounds like they took my advice.
post #1524 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Good Job csnow!

The RB-81's and RC-62 were a good call. I am curious how you managed the deal--Internet or by phone? As mentioned, I have always supported local outlets but my last several ventures out to audition weren't very successful.
post #1525 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Good Job csnow!

The RB-81's and RC-62 were a good call. I am curious how you managed the deal--Internet or by phone? As mentioned, I have always supported local outlets but my last several ventures out to audition weren't very successful.

Both - Used the Internet to find the store (this thread) and called them I was torn between the RB81s and the RS62s. I listen to audio concerts so I went with the direct firing 81's. They were cheaper and in stock. Since they have the same driver as the RF82's, I am hoping they will sound really nice.

For those interested, look on page 32 of this thread. You will find the store and approximate prices listed there.

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
post #1526 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post

Personally I don't agree with shopping post-sale...it only causes higher pricing for the next guy...

I have a different opinion. ;-)

Klipsch mandates what their retailers can sell the speakers for and there is nothing wrong with being a savvy shopper. The chances are the speakers that csnow returned will be sold for a discount (but still in the parameters that Klipsch states in there policy) and will be a good deal for the next customer.

I don't support the practice of going to a retail establishment to audition the product and then buying on line without giving them a chance to price match. That being said, there is a changing dynamic in retail. The merchandisers and the retailers will eventually work to make it beneficial for both if either company is going to survive.

As it stands now I will agree there are fewer retailers to audition Klipsch products. What surprised me was when there were several companies locally that wanted my business, they didn't have the products in stock. I couldn't believe that there were 6 Ultimate Electronics within an hour of me and no one had the RB-75 bookshelf speakers available for purchase. There was also a period of time they didn't have the RC-7 center channel available and it was the key speaker in their Hard Rock Cafe Home Theater.

I have mixed feeling on what Klipsch's strategy seems to be. Two of the last three Klipsch "dealers," I went to were Home Installers that were working out of their house. I would rather see Klipsch go with a Business Model of having a major retailer carry their gear in stock and have a Home Theater room to audition, with the understanding that some customers are going on line to find the best price from an authorize dealer. After all that IS the reality of the situation as it is right now.

My 2 cents. ;-)
post #1527 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Answering my own post ...

I took back the Insignia NS-R2000 (2x100w) before I opened the box as I couldn't find a remote code for the Insignia. Picked up a demo unit of the Denon AVS-1907, no remote, no manual. I think that will do this pair of RF-82s much better justice then the Insignia.

Single wired it after reading an Email from a Klipsch rep stating that the engineers didn't ask for it to be added to the speakers ... it was the sales/marketing group that wanted that feature. Just used 16 Gage wires with screw on bannana clips.

Sound beautiful. I just fear anything past -30db is going to be heard by the nieghboors. Anything past -20db will be heard clearly by the nieghbors. I haven't gone past -10db yet. I know I worry too much.

I'm just an average 'goto' Tech guy for family & friends.

If this post offended you, imagine a dancing monkey with top hat. Then move along to the next post.
post #1528 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Zen, sorry your experience wasn't satisfying. They did tell me I would have to send in the amp if it was the problem. I suspect that is a major part of the cost of the sub. The other parts they sent without a question. I now have an extra driver and a PR that I think the weights are loose on. If I can fix that I'm going to try and build a sub.
post #1529 of 37957 Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Answering my own post ...

I took back the Insignia NS-R2000 (2x100w) before I opened the box as I couldn't find a remote code for the Insignia. Picked up a demo unit of the Denon AVS-1907, no remote, no manual. I think that will do this pair of RF-82s much better justice then the Insignia.

Single wired it after reading an Email from a Klipsch rep stating that the engineers didn't ask for it to be added to the speakers ... it was the sales/marketing group that wanted that feature. Just used 16 Gage wires with screw on bannana clips.

Sound beautiful. I just fear anything past -30db is going to be heard by the nieghboors. Anything past -20db will be heard clearly by the nieghbors. I haven't gone past -10db yet. I know I worry too much.

Think you definitely made the right choice on the receiver there. Personally, i won't ever buy any of best buy's house brand, but thats just me. Plus, now you have a capable receiver that should have no problems driving your 82's and handle about any video source you can throw at it for now. I single wire my 54's as well even though they are bi wire posted and my yamaha can do it too. I didn't bother. Still sounds great to me.
post #1530 of 37957 Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 AM

Can someone PM me some name(s) of ADs that have access to the Ultra 2 series and will work a deal with me? I live in Memphis and there are no dealers for the Ultras here local. Thanks for the help!

jason
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page