Klipsch owner thread - Page 617 - AVS Forum
First ... 615  616  617 618  619  ... Last
Speakers > Klipsch owner thread
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 11:31 PM 03-21-2012
when i re-built my Cornwalls into Cornscala's I put feet on them raising them up 5"

skeeter99's Avatar skeeter99 08:29 AM 03-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

get them off the floor just getting them up 4 " will have a great result on bass response
that's why the Cornwalls had 2" stands sold for them , the 2" really made a difference .

stick some thick books that bring them up 4 or more inches to test this out to see / listen for yourself

Ok great I'll five that a try tonight, thanks!!
tony123's Avatar tony123 08:50 AM 03-22-2012
Also, put a tilt on it enough that the mid horn (squaker) points up to the elevation of your ears. Horns are directional. It made roughly a 3db difference at my listening position just by tilting. But it does more than add volume.
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 08:24 AM 03-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter99 View Post

Interesting, I can't really put them in a corner but I can try an angle them more.

Try the corners, speakers as far apart as you can (18 feet if you can) and toe them in as much as 45 degrees. Then they disappear completely from the room.
tomtoo's Avatar tomtoo 05:12 PM 03-23-2012
Thinking of buying r7 ii without hearing them first. Mostly for movies and tv and will drive with Yamaha rxv3900. Can all of u that have heard these tell me if this is a good move? It seems I would be able to get great impact out of these large and efficient speakers for what I am using them for. Thanks a lot for any help
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 06:06 PM 03-23-2012
Vanns has some excellent deals on Klipsch right now. G-17 AirPlay speaker is 350.00 I paid 549.00. Works excellent. This is the RF7II price...http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...k?SSAID=389818
tomtoo's Avatar tomtoo 06:49 PM 03-23-2012
Saw that deal. Just looking for some happy r7 ii owners to give me a nudge so I can buy them
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 06:55 PM 03-23-2012
I have 3 across the front and really like them for HT and 2 channel music w/ no room comp.
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 06:55 PM 03-23-2012
Nudge, nudge...
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 06:56 PM 03-23-2012
If your interested I got 3 as B stock from auth. Dealer for 2750.00 shipped.
cdub5's Avatar cdub5 07:24 PM 03-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtoo View Post

Saw that deal. Just looking for some happy r7 ii owners to give me a nudge so I can buy them

If you get them from Vanns, you have at least a 15 day window to decide if you want to keep them or not. When I bought my speakers from them they said they're willing to give you up to 25 days return window, especially with a larger purchase, which these would be. You would have to pay return shipping, but they'll even help you with that.
rstevens5l's Avatar rstevens5l 08:18 PM 03-23-2012
pretty sweet deal from vanns on those rf7s. Will a pioneer 1121 provide ample wattage and sound quality?
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 08:40 PM 03-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens5l View Post

pretty sweet deal from vanns on those rf7s. Will a pioneer 1121 provide ample wattage and sound quality?

In am room 12X14 or so a VSX-1121 7.1 AVR(110X7) will be OK if you have 5.1 and use other two for Bi-amping front RF7-II . When I use my AVR on 5.2 I go way deeper in the amps then playing a CD for music in my small den. None of the AVR's really bench test what they claim. Maybe someone will post up that has this AVR. My guess it will be Ok unless a large room, then add a amp for fronts if this AVR has that function ( I did not look).
rstevens5l's Avatar rstevens5l 09:26 PM 03-23-2012
I have a pioneer 1015 I could use as an additional amp. Would that be an improvement? It would be a 5.1 setup as below...

room is 24x10 cathedral ceiling
rf7 fronts
rb61 rears
rc62 center
sw112 sub

I'm kind of undecided on what to do on the sub and rears. Trying to go around 300-400 on the sub. I'm open to spending a little more on the rears if it's worth it.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:22 AM 03-24-2012
Try and look for a used svs or hsu. Cant go wrong. I have reference speakers matched with a svs sb12 and its seamless. A little over your budget new tho. ( bstock is 599 shipped)
rstevens5l's Avatar rstevens5l 12:09 PM 03-24-2012
Really like the looks of the HSU VTF-15 or ULS-15. My budget may have to increase. My other question is should I think about going with 4 RF-82s as opposed to the RF-7s with the surrounds?
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 01:16 PM 03-24-2012
I would get the better mains and get the bi pole surrounds. You really dont need full range all around
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 02:03 PM 03-24-2012
I have RS 62IIs as surrounds with my RF7 IIs...your center is where your dialogue is generally used for movies. Surrounds don't need to be too much not a lot gets sent to those channels. If you can match all 3 front speakers for a seamless front stage. I really like my 3 RF7IIs across the front. Take a look at SV Subs.
chashint's Avatar chashint 09:12 PM 03-24-2012
Quote:

Thinking of buying r7 ii without hearing them first. Mostly for movies and tv and will drive with Yamaha rxv3900. Can all of u that have heard these tell me if this is a good move? It seems I would be able to get great impact out of these large and efficient speakers for what I am using them for. Thanks a lot for any help

I am partial to the RF-83's and the RF-7's so I think it is a good move, but what is good for me may not be good for you.
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar RLBURNSIDE 10:01 AM 03-25-2012
have a direct line or email to someone within the warranty claim dept of Klipsch? I tried contacting them two weeks ago and still nothing. The local speaker repair place that takes care of their repairs is telling me they won't fix my blown speaker, even though it's still under warranty, and that I need to ship my speakers back to Las Vegas (I live in Canada), to get them repaired. This is incredibly annoying.

I expect Klipsch to live up to their legal obligations to honour their warranty, and don't really know what to do next at this point.
Pat Sexton's Avatar Pat Sexton 10:42 PM 03-25-2012
Posted on here a few days ago and wanted to finalize the speaker portion of my theater (so I can start bargain shopping). This is what I have so far:

L/R - RF 82 II
C - RC 62 II
Sur - RS 42 II
Rear - RB 41 or 51
Subs - SVS PC12 NSD (love the small footprint behind the 2' AT wall)

Here is a quick sketchup of my potential layout with the AT screen and false wall moved. Somebody mentioned going with bookshelves instead of surrounds but I really like the look of the RS42's/52's when mounted. Can't see the back wall in the sketchup but that is where the RB's will be.

Somebody also mentioned I would be better off going with another RF 82 II for a center because of the AT screen/wall (better match)... does that sound right?

Also talked to someone that said due to Klipsch efficiency, as long as I am running a good receiver, I won't need an amp. Is that accurate?

I am a total sound newbie so any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat
LL
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 02:57 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

The RF-7 II's are very nice speakers for HT. They have a lot of dynamics capability. They are also smoother than the old RF-7. Once you hear a good dynamic speaker for HT use, it is hard to go back. If we can help you, please give us a call.
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 03:06 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens5l View Post

Really like the looks of the HSU VTF-15 or ULS-15. My budget may have to increase. My other question is should I think about going with 4 RF-82s as opposed to the RF-7s with the surrounds?

If you can swing the RF-7 II, then I would go that route. Big difference between a pair of 10" drivers vs a pair of 8" drivers. The surround speakers are not as important as the mains. If we can help you, give us a call.
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 03:08 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

The RF-7 II's are very nice speakers for HT. They have a lot of dynamics capability. They are also smoother than the old RF-7. Once you hear a good dynamic speaker for HT use, it is hard to go back.

I agree ,once you hear a really good dynamic film sound track outta some speakers that can show that off ,there is no going back at all
Every thing will sound flat & lifeless after your ears get spoiled
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 03:13 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sexton View Post

Posted on here a few days ago and wanted to finalize the speaker portion of my theater (so I can start bargain shopping). This is what I have so far:

L/R - RF 82 II
C - RC 62 II
Sur - RS 42 II
Rear - RB 41 or 51
Subs - SVS PC12 NSD (love the small footprint behind the 2' AT wall)

Here is a quick sketchup of my potential layout with the AT screen and false wall moved. Somebody mentioned going with bookshelves instead of surrounds but I really like the look of the RS42's/52's when mounted. Can't see the back wall in the sketchup but that is where the RB's will be.

Somebody also mentioned I would be better off going with another RF 82 II for a center because of the AT screen/wall (better match)... does that sound right?

Also talked to someone that said due to Klipsch efficiency, as long as I am running a good receiver, I won't need an amp. Is that accurate?

I am a total sound newbie so any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Since you are using an AT screen the obvious choice is to use three RF-82 II's across the front. The only reason to use a dedicated center channel speaker is when you can't use three matched across the front. As for side surrounds, I would go with the RS-52-S. The area where I would look to save money would be with the back surrounds. Use the RB-41 II's there if you like. We would be happy to assist you with speaker selection.
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 03:15 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

I agree ,once you hear a really good dynamic film sound track outta some speakers that can show that off ,there is no going back at all
Every thing will sound flat & lifeless after your ears get spoiled

Few people have actually heard a system that is truly capable of playing clean reference levels. The dynamics is really eye opening.
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 03:27 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

Few people have actually heard a system that is truly capable of playing clean reference levels. The dynamics is really eye opening.

Mine scare people ! as the director had intended to do !
to tell the truth ,my set-up will make Not want to go to a Theater...
The 7II's are those type of speakers , as well the Hertiage line
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 05:49 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

Mine scare people ! as the director had intended to do !
to tell the truth ,my set-up will make Not want to go to a Theater...
The 7II's are those type of speakers , as well the Hertiage line

I have listened to all of the Heritage line including the old Jubilee's. I have also listened several from the Heritage line that have been modified. If people got the chance to listen to systems that could do clean reference levels with un-clipped dynamics, they would be looking for different specs when shopping for speakers.

When you go to a good movie theater you can feel the impact from the suddenness from the speakers. In many HT systems, that I have listened to, you get loud, but you do not get hit with that sudden impact. That is what I look for in a good HT system. That clean dynamic impact from the sound. A system that can have the dialog at a normal level and then all of a sudden something happens and the sound has enough dynamic impact to make you jump. To get this, it takes a system that has the ability to cleanly reproduce the peaks without any clipping. When you can do this at reference levels, you really have something. Then after you get that, it is time to start trying to achieve this at a lower frequency point. That is when it gets fun to me.
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 06:39 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

I have listened to all of the Heritage line including the old Jubilee's.

Old Jubilees? Old Klipschorns maybe, but old Jubilees? (But I fully agree with the sentiment expressed.)
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 07:21 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

I have listened to all of the Heritage line including the old Jubilee's. I have also listened several from the Heritage line that have been modified.

Yeah ,mine would be in the modded Heritage line
Tags: belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black
First ... 615  616  617 618  619  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop