AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#37,282 ·
Whew! I almost wrote CODEC in my reply, but then I thought "If he doesn't know what a DAC is, he probably doesn't know what a CODEC is either." :D
LOL! It sounds like you and I aren't getting into a bar room fight anytime soon! :D

Like I tell my wife, I'm 100% right, 80% of the time...

Reactions: Louis Bartay
#37,283 · (Edited)
Tonight is RS-52II's night :D,
Hey guys, my new surrounds arrived today , they are like new only couple months old in amazing condition. I also get some banana plugs what Louis Bartay and DaJoJo recommended so I will let you know what I'm thinking about them. First I need to change end of my speakers wires from Regular to Pro :D (using banana plugs) then i will play with speakers.
Big thanks to all you who helped me.

Attachments

#37,284 ·
Hey guys, my new surrounds arrived today , they are like new only couple months old in amazing condition. I also get some banana plugs what Louis Bartay and DaJoJo recommended so I will let you know what I'm thinking about them. First I need to change end of my speakers wires from Regular to Pro :D (using banana plugs) then i will play with speakers.
I ended up doing spades instead of banana plugs on my RS42IIs since it didn't seem like there would be enough clearance. Hope it works out for you!

#37,285 ·

Congrats! Those look very nice from the pic. Let us know what you think.

#37,286 ·
Nice, you're gonna love them! Bananas are a little obtrusive tho if mounted on the wall....Enjoy!

#37,287 ·
Hey Ref, you know it's illegal to change your signature before the equipment arrives don't you? :)

Reactions: cchunter
#37,289 ·
Wish I'd get busted adding something nice, pre-listened to my sig...

#37,291 ·
Surround backs

I would like to get a pair of surround backs. With my current setup what would you recommend?
Thanks.

#37,292 ·
How do the KF-28's compare to the RF-82II's, anyone know? My buddy has the latter, and they sound absolutely fantastic.. however not in my price range. Will they completely blow the KF's out of the water or is it comparable? thx
I have the kf26 and the rf82 so my experience will be slightly different.
The rf is definitely more refined in sound and a tad less harsh. The bass difference is immense but I stepped in driver size also.
Personally I would price out from avs or look used for the rf. Well worth it

#37,295 · (Edited)
I ended up doing spades instead of banana plugs on my RS42IIs since it didn't seem like there would be enough clearance. Hope it works out for you!
Yes you are correct banana plugs did not work well with RS. I hook them up and put on each bottom corner little rubber bumper so speaker will not touch wall and now I have little more room behind but it is so so.
I did not use for RS banana plugs but I did for rest of the set and they are pretty nice to have.

Attachments

#37,296 ·
Today I hook them up (RS-52II's) set up all and I'm very happy with them. Much better then mine old S-2 what I had before. So now set of 5 Reference speakers looks very good and sounds amazing( together with dual babies from SVS). Will looks soon for another pair for surrounds and front heights ;)

#37,297 ·
Yes you are correct banana plugs did not work well with RS. I hook them up and put on each bottom corner little rubber bumper so speaker will not touch wall and now I have little more room behind but it is so so.
I did not use for RS banana plugs but I did for rest of the set and they are pretty nice to have.
On the back of the AVR is where I like the banana plugs. And on my Niles Audio speaker switching box for my two amps I used 12 more banana plugs on it. This device allows me to use my Cornwalls as fronts for my HT system and for L&R for my analog system. I have RS3-II for rears on wall mounts, and I too used spades on them too.

#37,298 ·
Today I hook them up (RS-52II's) set up all and I'm very happy with them. Much better then mine old S-2 what I had before. So now set of 5 Reference speakers looks very good and sounds amazing( together with dual babies from SVS). Will looks soon for another pair for surrounds and front heights ;)
how big is the upgrade from s2 to rs52? huge audible difference?

#37,299 ·
On the back of the AVR is where I like the banana plugs. And on my Niles Audio speaker switching box for my two amps I used 12 more banana plugs on it. This device allows me to use my Cornwalls as fronts for my HT system and for L&R for my analog system. I have RS3-II for rears on wall mounts, and I too used spades on them too.
Yes this is what I'm going to do. i will use banana plugs for receiver and for towers and center. For surrounds I will get some spades also plus I need one more pair of bananas now and ai will get some extra for new set of speakers so I can be prepare.

#37,300 ·
how big is the upgrade from s2 to rs52? huge audible difference?
I can say Yes it is. Sound is more clear and crisp, surrrounds effects are more real then before and I find myself couple of times with question what was that sound. Even my wife said those are great better then S-2. I like to listen music multichannel stereo and that is big step up from S-2. If you will watch some scary movie those speakers can promiss you will feel even more scare.
I really do like them, maybe they sound great also because they was build for matching great with RF-82II and RC-62II.

Reactions: Louis Bartay