AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#40,103 ·
Will the 52s sound much different than the 62s?
It's so hard to say because of personal preference. I was listening to these yesterday, along with the 82 and 42's, and I prefered the 62's to them all. The 82's didn't sound as clear to me, while the 52 & 42's didn't have the depth of the 62s. FWIW I'd take the RB62 + sub over the other towers, as well. Demo if you can!

#40,104 ·
I'm looking at the 62ii line to set up my new HT with. Front will be 2- RF62's & RC62. 2- RS52 or RB62's for back/surround (eventually will be 7.1, but will run as 5.1 for a while, so I'm getting both) and a SW310 sub.

Total of $2846.95 through Amazon. I'm not finding much better prices but I figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone has suggestions.

#40,105 ·
Well I just bit the bullet and bought the RF-82 ii from NFM. Was too good of a deal to pass up. Cant wait to get them and be able to set them up.
I did the same. Only difference is I got my order in last night before you. ;) I wasn't even considering a set of Klipsch, but I guess we'll see if I like them when they arrive. If not I'll put them for sale and try a set of emp/rbh e55ti/r55ti instead.

#40,106 ·
I'm looking at the 62ii line to set up my new HT with. Front will be 2- RF62's & RC62. 2- RS52 or RB62's for back/surround (eventually will be 7.1, but will run as 5.1 for a while, so I'm getting both) and a SW310 sub.

Total of $2846.95 through Amazon. I'm not finding much better prices but I figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone has suggestions.
Make sure you give Sound Distributors and Acoustic Sound Design a call. They are both Klipsch authorized dealers and may be able to get you better pricing than Amazon. Make sure to call though, prices are better when calling than on their sites.

Also, you may want to check out Nebraska Furniture Mart. They have a lot of Klipsch speakers on sale right now and are also an authorized dealer.

#40,107 ·
I did the same. Only difference is I got my order in last night before you. ;) I wasn't even considering a set of Klipsch, but I guess we'll see if I like them when they arrive. If not I'll put them for sale and try a set of emp/rbh e55ti/r55ti instead.
I almost did last night but decided to sleep on it. Klipsch were really the only thing I was able to listen to and they were a pair of RF-62 ii and I liked them so I figured its a safe bet I would like the 82s just as much if not more.

#40,108 · (Edited)

Did you see my post? NFM.COM, price updates when you go to the check out.

$2069.00 for--

2- RF62ii
2-RB6ii
1-RC62ii
1- SW450 (didnt appear to have the 310)

Thats one hell of a deal, saves you $800 bucks, Also keep in mind the RF82ii's are $40 bucks cheaper each, than the RF62ii on NFM.COM which is suprising, but im sure they are doing it for a reason.

#40,109 ·
3009.93 when you add the two RS52's through NFM, and the sub looks to be substantially lower quality than the 310. I do appreciate the heads up though!

2818.99 through Sound Design direct, but thats with RB51's instead of 62's. I'd prefer 62's, so sent them a email. Awaiting their answer. Even if the pricing is even with Amazon, I'll save on tax by doing direct. Hope to hear from them today and make the buy.

#40,110 ·
3009.93 when you add the two RS52's through NFM, and the sub looks to be substantially lower quality than the 310. I do appreciate the heads up though!

2818.99 through Sound Design direct, but thats with RB51's instead of 62's. I'd prefer 62's, so sent them a email. Awaiting their answer. Even if the pricing is even with Amazon, I'll save on tax by doing direct. Hope to hear from them today and make the buy.
Actually its only $2,359.94 for

2- RF62ii
2-RB61ii
2-RS52ii
1-RC62ii

but yeah im sure you will save on tax and stuff and i also dont know what that sw310 runs through that other company.

#40,111 ·
Unfortunately I have no stores close around here with this stuff set up, to check, so I'll ask. Is there much difference running RS-52's vs RS-62's as surrounds? Seems like I'd want the 62's to match the rest of the system. Fry's is the only one I found RF and RB's set up in, and it was pitiful at best how they were arranged, with no RS to test.

I definitely prefer the RF/RC-62 for the front, but I'm less clear on the surrounds/backs. Anyone else have these up front with 52's side/rear that can comment?

#40,112 ·
Unfortunately I have no stores close around here with this stuff set up, to check, so I'll ask. Is there much difference running RS-52's vs RS-62's as surrounds? Seems like I'd want the 62's to match the rest of the system. Fry's is the only one I found RF and RB's set up in, and it was pitiful at best how they were arranged, with no RS to test.

I definitely prefer the RF/RC-62 for the front, but I'm less clear on the surrounds/backs. Anyone else have these up front with 52's side/rear that can comment?
The 52s are actually the matching set in the RF62 package. The 62s are in the RF82 package.

I use a what is actually the RC52I for a center and it works fine.

I'd try and find a deal that doesn't involve one the low end Klipsch subs (and yes the SW310 is low end, or more precisely it won't have any low end). Unless it's free and really, truly free I'd skip it.

#40,113 ·
Kalamath, another option for you may be a DIY sub, unless you are dead set on a Klipsch sub. I havent built one, but once I add a sub to my setup I think that is the route I am going to go. Seems to be a better bang for the buck situation.

#40,114 · (Edited)
Picked Sound Distributors. They just listed a black friday special for the RF62ii:
2 RF-62II Towers
1 RC-62 II Center
2 RS-52II Surrounds
1 SW-310 Subwoofer
$1920

I'll add another sub as needed, that one was more of a freebie than anything else, I think. Hoping to move to an Atmos setup next year if it catches on, but this is a good start I think. Thanks for the advice/thoughts.

#40,115 ·
rf-82 for music?

OK, so I'm considering a pair of RF-82 IIs for my front L/R. Though they will be part of my 5.1 system, I really want great 2 channel sound for straight music.

Obviously the Klipsch owners thread is going to be a bit biased but I figure you guys know few things I certainly don't.

My room is large at around 20x24x10. My current fronts are Boston A60s, which are still great speakers but get harsh very quickly in this large room once you get enough dBs.

My concern is that my only experience with horns dates from the 80s when Klipsch was definitely geared more toward rock and and often harsh sound. What I want is clean accurate sound and no harshness. Music will be predominantly classical.

I can get a good deal from a local dealer, but no returns and I can't demo them as they are not set up (they are going out of business after 40+ years).

I have no doubt they will shine for movies, but what about music? I assume horns have come a long way.

#40,116 ·
OK, so I'm considering a pair of RF-82 IIs for my front L/R. Though they will be part of my 5.1 system, I really want great 2 channel sound for straight music...

...My concern is that my only experience with horns dates from the 80s when Klipsch was definitely geared more toward rock and and often harsh sound. What I want is clean accurate sound and no harshness. Music will be predominantly classical.

I can get a good deal from a local dealer, but no returns and I can't demo them as they are not set up (they are going out of business after 40+ years).

I have no doubt they will shine for movies, but what about music? I assume horns have come a long way.

Tough call...I'm not sure what you heard in the 80s but most here would rather have Cornwalls or LaScalas from the 80s than the RF-82IIs of today.

Honestly, given we all hear things differently with varying expectations I wouldn't feel comfortable blindly recommending the RF-82IIs for music...That said, there are quite a few folks that own them and hopefully they will chime in--If they are at 1/2 price or less then you may be able to flip them if they aren't what you are looking for. That's my 2 cents.

#40,117 ·
Picked Sound Distributors. They just listed a black friday special for the RF62ii:
2 RF-62II Towers
1 RC-62 II Center
2 RS-52II Surrounds
1 SW-310 Subwoofer
$1920

I'll add another sub as needed, that one was more of a freebie than anything else, I think. Hoping to move to an Atmos setup next year if it catches on, but this is a good start I think. Thanks for the advice/thoughts.
Congrats to your new system you did great glad to know you did not get it from Amazon it will be a mistake.RS-52 will give you for surrounds same result as RS-62 if your MLP is closer then 10ft from surround. If is more or if you have huge HT room then RS-62 will be better choice. For RF-62II and RF-82 package is RS-52. For RF-7II is RS-62 but you can swap RS-52 to Rs-62 for each set it without any problem at all.

#40,118 · (Edited)

The 52s are actually the matching set in the RF62 package. The 62s are in the RF82 package.

I use a what is actually the RC52I for a center and it works fine.

I'd try and find a deal that doesn't involve one the low end Klipsch subs (and yes the SW310 is low end, or more precisely it won't have any low end). Unless it's free and really, truly free I'd skip it.
It looks like its too late, especially for the cost of that thing. I built my sub with a si15ht and a inuke1000dsp for about $500 with everything and it completely destroys my SVS PB-2000 i had in every aspect, and i paid $800 for that...

#40,120 ·
I'm trying to setup a 5.2 system and need help on the two surround speakers. My setup is going to be this...

2 rf-7ii
1 rc-64
2 surrounds (??)
2 hsu subs (vtf-15h mk2)
Denon x4000 or 420ci

With my layout (close enough representation), which speakers should I be looking to get for the 2 surrounds? I'm going to put them each on a stand, but don't know which 2 would work best.

Attachments