AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#46,421 ·
Does anyone know where I might find a pair of rb 81 iis? Thanks!
If anyone has any left, they would be at Acoustic Sound Design or Sound Distributors.

#46,423 ·
#46,424 · (Edited by Moderator)
Klipsch even NIB have there way of ending up here, Klipsch Forums, Audiogon, Craigslist, and esp. eBay.

I have had good luck with Craigslist and while most seller's have been honest sometimes the drive out showed items that they must have taken pictures of 10 years earlier.

I found my Academy locally (the guy had three he was only asking $250 for, when I got there I started a conversation of what a great deal and he mentioned someone called him trying to tell him I was ripping HIM off as these were going for over $500 at the time. The funny part is whoever that chucklehead was offered him $500 for all three and got upset when he said someone was already coming to pick up one. They were in MINT condition, however; he didn't have the original boxes.), my dad found his Choruses the same way, he found a couple mint Academys and two Heresey on eBay. I picked up my NIB RS-25's from eBay for the price of one from an audio vendor liquidating during the fall of the housing boom in white (which I couldn't find in stock anywhere at the time).

I love my RS-25's, but with my Quartets, Academy and a 12" sub I am going to try to hunt down RS-7's or RS-62 II's...both are very hard to find reasonably.

Reactions: Louis Bartay
#46,425 ·
Anyone here have the R-14s surround speaker? I can't find any reviews online. How does it perform? Is it a good speaker?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46,427 ·
speaker shipment....

No problem. Hope your sub survives shipping. Just got mine today and it has a dent on one of the edges. And to top it off, the UPS truck pulled down my cable line to the house.
hi all. just a suggestion. RF7 II or any of the larger KLIPSCH speakers should be shipped freight if at all possible. Mine were strapped to a pallet and all good. no bumps, nicks or oops.

#46,428 ·
hi all. just a suggestion. RF7 II or any of the larger KLIPSCH speakers should be shipped freight if at all possible. Mine were strapped to a pallet and all good. no bumps, nicks or oops.
Agreed. Mine were also shipped freight, and they came in perfect. The freighter was ready to come in and have a listen, lol.

#46,429 ·
I wish I had this advice when I shipped my Forte iis. Now there's cabinet repair and passive radiator replacement to deal with. Such is life.

#46,431 ·
I own and love a pair of Klipsch Forte II speakers. I purchased them new in 1994 and they have never failed me. However time marches on and I'm feeling the itch to replace them. I would like to stay with klipsch but I don't know much about their new speakers.Could someone advise me on what speaker matches up best with my Forte"s.
In addition I am considering selling the Forte' on e-bay for $500 anyone interested?

#46,432 ·
My first pair of cherry RF-63's came in beat to hell. I was more upset about the fact that such rare speakers came in completely beat up than the fact I was out without speakers.

Freight is the only way to ship the larger tower speakers and huge subwoofers.

Reactions: ILOVEMYHDTV
#46,433 ·
Anyone here have the R-14s surround speaker? I can't find any reviews online. How does it perform? Is it a good speaker?

John

I have heard it, though only for a limited time and not in my own home. I honestly can't give impressions because I hardly remember the sound of them. I'm actually thinking of picking a pair up soon, so I might be able to give you a better impression soon. If you can find reviews for the KS14 speakers, they're essentially the same speaker.

#46,435 ·
Found this review which includes the R14S: http://www.areadvd.de/tests/test-klipsch-5-1-set-new-reference-serie-r-26fr-25cr-14ssw-112/

It's in German, but Chrome translates it well enough to get the gist. Pretty high praise in that article. Out of curiosity, what fronts are you pairing them with?

Hi thank you! I am pairing it with an older speakers, RC-3 center, RF-3 fronts and newer R-14m front heights and surround back, all i'm missing is the surround sides.

#46,438 ·
I just purchased a new R-115SW to compliment my SW-115 purchased last year. The new one with the copper cone will go at the front of my room (where the SW-115 is now), the old one with a WA-2 wireless module will go to the back of the room (opposite corner).

This will be my first experience with dual subs. Is anyone else here running dual Klipsch subs? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer on what to watch out for.

#46,439 ·
The actual seller on Amazon is Acoustic Sound Design. I just tried to call them but both their phone numbers (local and 888) are "not in service". Does anyone know why that could be the case?
Their number is 888.224.3663, or you can email info@acousticsounddesign.com. I would just go direct instead of going through Amazon.

#46,440 ·
I just purchased a new R-115SW to compliment my SW-115 purchased last year. The new one with the copper cone will go at the front of my room (where the SW-115 is now), the old one with a WA-2 wireless module will go to the back of the room (opposite corner).

This will be my first experience with dual subs. Is anyone else here running dual Klipsch subs? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer on what to watch out for.

Congrats to your new sub. This new 15" Klipsch sub looks amazing and have really nice reviews. Let us know how do you like it and enjoy.