AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#48,121 ·
This is the problem with all the hyperbole in the speaker threads, e.g. "OMG, it was literally a night and day difference!"

For one thing, it can never literally be a night and day difference between speakers. It can figuratively be a night and day difference.

More importantly, I think saying things like "night and day difference" and so on sets performance expectations for new speaker buyers or upgraders unrealistically high. I upgraded from a RF82II/RC-62II/RS-52II to a RF-7II/RC-64II/RS-62II, and while the newer speakers certainly sound better, particularly in dynamics and composure at higher volumes, I'd never describe it as a "night and day difference."

But what do I know? Maybe I'm just deaf.

I made the same upgrade as you, front stage anyways. The horn made the difference for me more so than the woofer, plus I'm in a large room so it was very noticeable. If I switched from 82 to 7's and my mlp was 8' away there may have been very little difference. I just upgraded Klipsch ss-1 to rs 42ii and I can say that difference was night and day for me. Expectations, rooms, etc all play a factor in your perceptions.

#48,122 ·
This is the problem with all the hyperbole in the speaker threads, e.g. "OMG, it was literally a night and day difference!"

For one thing, it can never literally be a night and day difference between speakers. It can figuratively be a night and day difference.

More importantly, I think saying things like "night and day difference" and so on sets performance expectations for new speaker buyers or upgraders unrealistically high. I upgraded from a RF82II/RC-62II/RS-52II to a RF-7II/RC-64II/RS-62II, and while the newer speakers certainly sound better, particularly in dynamics and composure at higher volumes, I'd never describe it as a "night and day difference."

But what do I know? Maybe I'm just deaf.
I made the same upgrade as you, front stage anyways. The horn made the difference for me more so than the woofer, plus I'm in a large room so it was very noticeable. If I switched from 82 to 7's and my mlp was 8' away there may have been very little difference. I just upgraded Klipsch ss-1 to rs 42ii and I can say that difference was night and day for me. Expectations, rooms, etc all play a factor in your perceptions.
I has same system and did same upgrade as you guys and horns make it better. I love the most center upgrade for movies and 2 channel stereo for music. Those 2 was a biggest different. Nothing wrong with RF-82/RC-62/RS-52 still excellent set up.

Reactions: dmb12679
#48,123 ·
I has same system and did same upgrade as you guys and horns make it better. I love the most center upgrade for movies and 2 channel stereo for music. Those 2 was a biggest different. Nothing wrong with RF-82/RC-62/RS-52 still excellent set up.

Man I put those 82ii's in a regular size room, my bedroom, and man do they whale, the bass in there without a sub is crazy. They are actually more pronounced than my 7ii's in my large living room. I can only imagine what the 7ii's would sound like in a similar setting, but I'm not lugging them upstairs to find out:)

#48,124 ·
Question about my 7.1 home theater system. I will be upgrading soon to an all Klipsch system over the period of a year. Slowly getting my wife used to the idea of another speaker shipped to the hous every month or so. My question is: what should i use for my rear surrounds? I have my mind made up for the side surrounds going with either the rs-62II's or the new rp-250s. What should i use for the rear? Should i go with a bookshelf like the r-15m for a direct radiating or should i go with a smaller surround speaker like the rp-240s or the r-14s? Please let me know on this? Starting the upgrade journey next week. Thanks everybody for your future input 🙂

#48,125 ·
7.1 system advice needed

Question about my 7.1 home theater system. I will be upgrading soon to an all Klipsch system over the period of a year. Slowly getting my wife used to the idea of another speaker shipped to the hous every month or so. My question is: what should i use for my rear surrounds? I have my mind made up for the side surrounds going with either the rs-62II's or the new rp-250s. What should i use for the rear? Should i go with a bookshelf like the r-15m for a direct radiating or should i go with a smaller surround speaker like the rp-240s or the r-14s? Please let me know on this? Starting the upgrade journey next week. Thanks everybody for your future input 🙂

#48,127 ·
THey should be a minimum of 6-8" off a wall, so they probably figure the 1-2" banana plug shouldn't be an issue. I do like the angled ones better

#48,128 ·
For those of you that have gone from a KLF-C7 to an RC-64II center, is this a move up in sound quality? Dialogue/voice clarity? What should I expect from this move if any? I'm thinking of moving my KLF-20's and KLF-C7 to my bedroom two/three channel setup and replace them in my home theater with an RF-7II and RC-64II, and leaving my RB-5II's as my rear/side surrounds.

#48,129 ·
I think the usual preference is direct radiating for the rear surrounds, though several people here have had success with the S type at the rear.

There's not a lot of material that hits those speakers anyway, so a direct radiating speaker is probably more cost effective if it works in your space.

#48,130 ·
Does Klipsch not want us to use banana plug connectors on these speakers? I don't see how they would fit. My synergy speakers had the wire posts at an angle so connecting them was no problem. These have no angle so I can't seem to make them fit. Suggestions?
You have to pry-out the plastic plugs from centers of the binding post nuts.

Reactions: Mongo171
#48,133 ·
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my current system and thought I'd share them with all of you. I still have a few more upgrades to do but for now I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the sound!! Here's my setup Front L/R Klipsch RP-280FS, Center Channel Klipsch RP450C, Side Surrounds Klipsch RP-280FS, Rear Surrounds Polk Audio Monitor 70's ii, and my Subwoofer is a Reaction Audio Gamma 18.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#48,136 ·
Man I put those 82ii's in a regular size room, my bedroom, and man do they whale, the bass in there without a sub is crazy. They are actually more pronounced than my 7ii's in my large living room. I can only imagine what the 7ii's would sound like in a similar setting, but I'm not lugging them upstairs to find out:)
My 82iis produce a lot of bass, the same if not a bit more than my 83s. If anything it is almost too much bass, more bloated than the 83s. On dnb and dubstep or other edm they definitely keep up, when the music gets a bit more refined is when you notice the difference. Jazz, classical and guitar all sound a whole lot better on the 83s.

Reactions: johnofarch14
#48,137 ·
I recently got a RP-450C which is the best Klipsch center that fits my entertainment center. My front mains are 82-II. Is it worth upgrading my front mains to RP-280F?

I would probably sell the 82IIs as I don't have room at the sides/rear to use these in a surround capacity. Money's not a big concern but I don't want to waste it either.

#48,138 ·
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my current system and thought I'd share them with all of you. I still have a few more upgrades to do but for now I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the sound!! Here's my setup Front L/R Klipsch RP-280FS, Center Channel Klipsch RP450C, Side Surrounds Klipsch RP-280FS, Rear Surrounds Polk Audio Monitor 70's ii, and my Subwoofer is a Reaction Audio Gamma 18.

Sweet setup man. I am debating whether to replace my 82iis with something from the new line.

Reactions: Scott Stice
#48,139 ·

And I see your cable management is as good as mine lol, good to see I am not the only one

#48,140 ·
I recently got a RP-450C which is the best Klipsch center that fits my entertainment center. My front mains are 82-II. Is it worth upgrading my front mains to RP-280F?

I would probably sell the 82IIs as I don't have room at the sides/rear to use these in a surround capacity. Money's not a big concern but I don't want to waste it either.
I too am considering this or even rp260f or rp160m. These are surrounds in my case though. I have heard rp260f although not in the same room as mine but was thoroughly impressed for music especially.