Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1027 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2251Likes
post #30781 of 30808 Unread 07-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I think Callas may of done a direct comparison of Dali's to Dyn...or was it GT,not sure.I do know that Klipsch will drive me out of room pretty quickly.
I think you are right NQ, Callas more than likely did it, I mean I have heard X32 and Concept 6 in the same day at the same dealer but in a different room and much different gear, the Concept were driven by a 1k Camcridge audio while the X-32 were driver by 3.5K Simaudio 340i at the time, I was not looking at getting the Concept 6 but I wanted to give them a listen since Callas had heard the Concept 8 a few weeks prior to that hand he liked them. I heard the Ikon5 at another dealer, and the Epicon at SSI Montreal show.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30782 of 30808 Unread 07-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
I think you are right NQ, Callas more than likely did it, I mean I have heard X32 and Concept 6 in the same day at the same dealer but in a different room and much different gear, the Concept were driven by a 1k Camcridge audio while the X-32 were driver by 3.5K Simaudio 340i at the time, I was not looking at getting the Concept 6 but I wanted to give them a listen since Callas had heard the Concept 8 a few weeks prior to that hand he liked them. I heard the Ikon5 at another dealer, and the Epicon at SSI Montreal show.
Yes BigAl you really can not make a TRUE comparison,unless it is the same room and same electronics.As I have mentioned here many times,when I fed my excite 12's with the N272,250dr,xp5xs I was quite shocked at how awesome they sounded...so the associated gear,and room acoustics and even speaker placement WILL have a huge impact on any demo,but you already know this,comments are more for the guy who demo'd the Emit's,coming from Klipsch.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio
2 channel-Naim N 272 teac pd-501 DSd player,XD 600'S,Nordost Heimdall 2 power cord,digital and analog interconnects
post #30783 of 30808 Unread 07-20-2016, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxca27 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my impressions, and ask for some advice...

Impressions: went in to listen to Emit M10,... WOW! My Klipsch are no match. The ease of listening and the detail and uncluttered sound is awesome! And still somehow they're more engaging than the Klipsch's. I am very impressed with these speakers.

Advice: The DALI Zensor 1's have recently come to my attention, and I'm curious if anyone has compared these to the Emit/ DM/ Excites speakers and how do they compare. Are they more/less forward sounding than the Dyn's, and how are their soft dome tweeters in comparison? I cannot audition the DALI's, no dealers near me, so relying on advise here. Thanks guys!
I have the DM2/6 which the emit 10 replaced and I have the Dali Concept 1 which the Zensor 1 replaced. The Concept is a warmer slightly more laid back speaker with not quite the same level of bass response or soundstage depth. Don't get me wrong, the Concept 1 is still a very nice speaker so much so that I had a pair of paradigm Atoms and sold those after 3 weeks as I didn't like them nearly as much as the Concepts.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #30784 of 30808 Unread 07-20-2016, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey fellas, thanks for the advice. I know your right about everyone having different opinions on how something sounds, so the only real way to tell would be to hear the DALI's for myself. This is not possible, so I will probably knock them off the list and stick with speakers I am able to hear in person. I'm sure they are great speakers too, but I am very impressed with the Emit's at this point... and if Callas thinks the DALI's are more laidback than the DM's then they are probably not the way I want to go anyways.

I know the Klipsch initially drew me in with their forward sound and clear presentation, but now it's getting tiresome to listen to them and not so enjoyable.

I also found someone near me selling Excite X12's for a very good price... perhaps I could grab those and a pair of Emit M10's and the M15 Center. Would the X12's blend well with the M10's? If I go this route, would I be best off going with the X12's as surrounds and keeping the front three speakers all being the Emit's, or will the X12's match well with the M15 center channel and be better as fronts? Or should I just stick with Emit's for all five speakers so they match perfectly?

Last edited by Maxca27; 07-20-2016 at 10:48 PM.
post #30785 of 30808 Unread 07-20-2016, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 301
The front three should match, you can save on the rears..
post #30786 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 03:11 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I also found someone near me selling Excite X12's for a very good price...
Well after saying one shouldn't rely (solely) on people's comments on forums, let me recommend the X12 highly :-)
I heard it a few years back and was impressed.
In fact I bought the X14 (successor to X12) without even hearing it first, because I kinda knew it sounded great - based on comments and reviews on forums like this one, plus the fact I'd heard and liked the X12.

EDIT: X12 will probably sound too small if your room is too big. So if room is kind of big, go for X16 or preferably X18, or a floorstanding speaker.

So yeah, I myself sometimes violate pretty much everything I advised in the previous post! :-)
( Pete: ! :-) )

The matching centre is X22 which may be hard to find now, however I believe the X24 centre would perhaps match equally well, or even better.

Otto, are you around still? Can you answer the above, please? Thanks.

Last edited by hbjdk; 07-21-2016 at 03:21 AM.
post #30787 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
Heh
Actually when I bought the C1Ps, I only auditioned the Confidence MK II, Sigs and the Plats. I knew what I wanted
Just curious did you compare the MKII/Sig's side by side with the Platinums. If so was there any difference in sound? I'm hearing some folks saying they sound different but I have never heard them side by side.
post #30788 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

post #30789 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 200
The first time I auditioned the NAIM SuperNait2 was through the Dali Epicon8. They sounded brilliant, better than Focus 260, but also at 5x thr price. My problem with the Epicon8 is its pricing. It should be more of a C60/C2P/XD600 competitor.
post #30790 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Well after saying one shouldn't rely (solely) on people's comments on forums, let me recommend the X12 highly :-)
I heard it a few years back and was impressed.
In fact I bought the X14 (successor to X12) without even hearing it first, because I kinda knew it sounded great - based on comments and reviews on forums like this one, plus the fact I'd heard and liked the X12.

EDIT: X12 will probably sound too small if your room is too big. So if room is kind of big, go for X16 or preferably X18, or a floorstanding speaker.

So yeah, I myself sometimes violate pretty much everything I advised in the previous post! :-)
( Pete: ! :-) )

The matching centre is X22 which may be hard to find now, however I believe the X24 centre would perhaps match equally well, or even better.

Otto, are you around still? Can you answer the above, please? Thanks.

I f Max wants to keep it low and is budget consciousthe Emit M20 as Fronts are cheaper than say X-14 X-18 and they move move quite a bit of air, they sound great and they are only maybe $250 more than the M10. He could match with M15 center. Edit: and get the X-12 as surrounds.
hbjdk likes this.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Last edited by BigAl87; 07-21-2016 at 10:50 AM.
post #30791 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hey fellas, thanks for the advice. I know your right about everyone having different opinions on how something sounds, so the only real way to tell would be to hear the DALI's for myself. This is not possible, so I will probably knock them off the list and stick with speakers I am able to hear in person. I'm sure they are great speakers too, but I am very impressed with the Emit's at this point... and if Callas thinks the DALI's are more laidback than the DM's then they are probably not the way I want to go anyways.

I know the Klipsch initially drew me in with their forward sound and clear presentation, but now it's getting tiresome to listen to them and not so enjoyable.

I also found someone near me selling Excite X12's for a very good price... perhaps I could grab those and a pair of Emit M10's and the M15 Center. Would the X12's blend well with the M10's? If I go this route, would I be best off going with the X12's as surrounds and keeping the front three speakers all being the Emit's, or will the X12's match well with the M15 center channel and be better as fronts? Or should I just stick with Emit's for all five speakers so they match perfectly?
I have not heard the Emit 10's yet,but i am using excite 12's right now in my home theater as front L/R channels with a Confidence Center and they work great,to my ears.I have also used my xd 600's in the home theater with the confidence center...and originally had C1 mk 11's as front L/R channels.Obviously sticking with the same line might be the best way to go but having tried different Dyn lines together,i would say there is not really a problem "matching" them with a different line.Personally i would go for the best speaker you can afford for the front 3 channels,and not worry as much about the surrounds.The excite 12 would be a better choice i would think than the Emit 10 for front L/R since it is a higher up model,i would think it would give better results up front.The thing that you have to do is set up the volume of each speaker properly and any Dyn speaker will blend good,just try to avoid using different brands of speakers for the front 3 channels,like mixing Dali and Dyn.
I use Neat Iota's for rear surrounds because of their small physical size,and i really do not notice any blending problems with the 3 Dyn fronts.I am waiting to Hear the Contour c20 when it comes out,to go up front(possibly) in the home theater,but it will have the esotar 2 tweeter,which will match my confidence center,so using different lines is no problem IMO,here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	1558113  
Bluvette and BigAl87 like this.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio
2 channel-Naim N 272 teac pd-501 DSd player,XD 600'S,Nordost Heimdall 2 power cord,digital and analog interconnects
post #30792 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Quote:

I have not heard the Emit 10's yet,but i am using excite 12's right now in my home theater as front L/R channels with a Confidence Center and they work great,to my ears.I have also used my xd 600's in the home theater with the confidence center...and originally had C1 mk 11's as front L/R channels.Obviously sticking with the same line might be the best way to go but having tried different Dyn lines together,i would say there is not really a problem "matching" them with a different line.Personally i would go for the best speaker you can afford for the front 3 channels,and not worry as much about the surrounds.The excite 12 would be a better choice i would think than the Emit 10 for front L/R since it is a higher up model,i would think it would give better results up front.The thing that you have to do is set up the volume of each speaker properly and any Dyn speaker will blend good,just try to avoid using different brands of speakers for the front 3 channels,like mixing Dali and Dyn.
I use Neat Iota's for rear surrounds because of their small physical size,and i really do not notice any blending problems with the 3 Dyn fronts.I am waiting to Hear the Contour c20 when it comes out,to go up front(possibly) in the home theater,but it will have the esotar 2 tweeter,which will match my confidence center,so using different lines is no problem IMO,here is a pic.
There was a guy, Seab, that used an Excite center with C2s and said it held up well with those too.
post #30793 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How big is your room? The M15 and M20 might be better fits for you depending on size of room as the 20s could give you more output.

The M10/X14s could be fine tho. I've heard the X14s and they're quite good.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #30794 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Just curious did you compare the MKII/Sig's side by side with the Platinums. If so was there any difference in sound? I'm hearing some folks saying they sound different but I have never heard them side by side.
Yep, had them lined up side by side when I was in the shop. Same source, amp and ears
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
post #30795 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My current Klipsch speakers have 5.25" drivers in them and the Emit M10's have 5.7" drivers, so I think they will be just perfect and the M20's would probably be overkill for me. I am more interested in quality over quantity anyways so im sure the M10's will sound big enough for me.

Budget is a bit of an issue too... the M10's and M15 center I can do quite comfortably, but going up to the X14's is nearly $800 more per pair and will push me out of my comfort zone. Would have to get only the L,R,C three speakers if I went the Excite line.
post #30796 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My current Klipsch speakers have 5.25" drivers in them and the Emit M10's have 5.7" drivers, so I think they will be just perfect and the M20's would probably be overkill for me. I am more interested in quality over quantity anyways so im sure the M10's will sound big enough for me.

Budget is a bit of an issue too... the M10's and M15 center I can do quite comfortably, but going up to the X14's is nearly $800 more per pair and will push me out of my comfort zone. Would have to get only the L,R,C three speakers if I went the Excite line.
The 2/6s and my old Excite X22 Center played well in my old house when I set them together. That room was 13x16. If the klipsch you have are doing fine then I'm sure you will be ok. I've heard a full 2/6 surround setup w the DM Center and it was really quite good in a smallish/medium sized room. I have two friends that have DM3/7s with DM2/6 and their setups are quite nice! One buddy uses my old Hsu VTF2 MK4 and the other uses a SVS PB2000.

post #30797 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
How big is your room? The M15 and M20 might be better fits for you depending on size of room as the 20s could give you more output.

The M10/X14s could be fine tho. I've heard the X14s and they're quite good.

Best bookshelf bel;ow $2000 ad this is at a $1500 us price tag, better than the X-12 according to Stereophile and I agree which to my opinion makes a lot of sense the new x-18 are that great and I do believe at below $3K they are certainly among the bests. Honestly below 1K Emit M10 is special quite honestly, both the 10 and 20 are really really good regardless of their price point.

post #30798 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Honestly not a shame going for Emit, they offer as good of a value as the X-14 considerd the best buy below 2K but under 1K Emit M10 is untouchable I believe. They are seriously not so far of the performance of X-14. Honestly I don't know how overkill the Emit 20 would be for you as they are Bookshelves after all and they are not that big but it's entirely up to you.

post #30799 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
There was a guy, Seab, that used an Excite center with C2s and said it held up well with those too.
Are you talking about the Don?

post #30800 of 30808 Unread 07-21-2016, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Are you talking about the Don?
Yes. Too bad I couldn't spell Sean correct the first time.
post #30801 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know about you guys,but in this 100 degree weather,i stay inside in the cool air conditioning,kick back and listen to my Naim/xd 600 combo a LOT more than usual,keeps me cool
yonson likes this.

post #30802 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
I don't know about you guys,but in this 100 degree weather,i stay inside in the cool air conditioning,kick back and listen to my Naim/xd 600 combo a LOT more than usual,keeps me cool
Tony I'm with you regarding the heat. I hate it. At least my air is working just fine. Oh and no heat from tubes. Been pushing the Aavik pretty hard today and it's just warm to the touch. Like you I'm also spending a lot more time listening to some good tunes.
no quarter likes this.
post #30803 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 12:56 PM

Ouch, I'm glad I live over here then - we've had two nice summer days in a row after some rainy weeks (= sunshine and 25 degrees Celsius, or 81 degrees Fahrenheit).
Much more than that and I suffer!
post #30804 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Just found out a guy has updated his review of the store where I bought the Focus 160 which I'm still waiting for.
Check this out:
http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/fee...6&faction=show

A guy in the same position as me, and he finally got the speakers he paid for.
I feel confident now that mine have indeed been sent also.
With a little luck I will receive them tomorrow, otherwise Monday I expect.
Phew!
BigAl87 likes this.
post #30805 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah Tony I feel the heat here too, in Mtl. been listening to the X-18 a lot lately, they sound wonderful most time I don't even turn on the Fathom.
no quarter likes this.

post #30806 of 30808 Unread Yesterday, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/mo...612-chicago-il
You can probably get these for some boy love knowing who the owner is.
post #30807 of 30808 Unread Today, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I think Callas may of done a direct comparison of Dali's to Dyn...or was it GT,not sure.I do know that Klipsch will drive me out of room pretty quickly.
For me there is one kind of Klipsch that can keep me in the room for a while.. the RF-7 II speaker. This is their flagship floorstander model, it sounds very nice with tube amplifier. The tweeter of this model is tuned to reduce the brightness
post #30808 of 30808 Unread Today, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland150 View Post
For me there is one kind of Klipsch that can keep me in the room for a while.. the RF-7 II speaker. This is their flagship floorstander model, it sounds very nice with tube amplifier. The tweeter of this model is tuned to reduce the brightness
Sorry I just want to say that Klisch has way more expensive speakers than the RF-7 II, such as the Palladium and the Heritage series. Quite honestly I have listen to the RF-7 II at my dealer and they are still brighter than any Dynaudio we've listen to, but yes they sound pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore