Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1028 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2259Likes
post #30811 of 30836 Unread Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey rrimse, you're the guy reviewing FischerHIFI on Audiomarkt, aren't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30812 of 30836 Unread Today, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrimse View Post
Difference between C1 and C1 Platinum is subtle: I would say Platinum have more refined treble and sound a bit more transparent and accurate
Not subtle enough. More like cosmetic only.
no quarter likes this.
post #30813 of 30836 Unread Today, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Hey rrimse, you're the guy reviewing FischerHIFI on Audiomarkt, aren't you?
yes the same personI really became desperate after 10days of money transfer ,thought lost my money to scammer,because communication was lost after money transfer.After many efforts finally recieved s1.4 LE bubinga speakers 2 days ago I never experienced something similar,more than 3weeks,usually delivery takes 4-7days within Europe
Do you want to buy something from them?
hbjdk likes this.
post #30814 of 30836 Unread Today, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Not subtle enough. More like cosmetic only.
but this added transperancy,makes them sound more delicate with better soundstage and imaging,a bit more alive compared to original c1
post #30815 of 30836 Unread Today, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
It was a long day, but WELL worth it, thanks for the AMAZING speakers @Bluvette !!! I'm starting them out where I had my 340's (9 feet apart) and I'll go from there. I've only had them up and running about an hour but so far I'm blown away!

Very nice,i know it is early on but Bluvette should have them nicely broken in for you...are you getting the higher spl's that you wanted with the jc-1's?Now the question is,what did Bluvette buy?Did he go to the dark side(raid-ho)?That looks like about the same distance apart that he had them in his photos.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio
2 channel-Naim N 272 teac pd-501 DSd player,XD 600'S,Nordost Heimdall 2 power cord,digital and analog interconnects
post #30816 of 30836 Unread Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Very nice,i know it is early on but Bluvette should have them nicely broken in for you...are you getting the higher spl's that you wanted with the jc-1's?Now the question is,what did Bluvette buy?Did he go to the dark side(raid-ho)?That looks like about the same distance apart that he had them in his photos.
No replacements, need to take a break for a while. My Naim gear will be going down to my home theater to use on my Scansonic 2.5's. The speakers are broken in and sound awesome. I think the C4's are a bit further apart than I had them. Looks great, enjoy them Chris!!!
yonson likes this.
post #30817 of 30836 Unread Today, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
but this added transperancy,makes them sound more delicate with better soundstage and imaging,a bit more alive compared to original c1
I had the original C1's for about 3 years before upgrading to the C1 Signature which I had for about 2 years. The MKII/Signature was much better especially when listening at lower levels in my opinion. I traded in the C1 Sigs just before the Platinums were released. The Dyn reps (Mick and Mike) both said the difference between the MKII/Sig and Platinums was just cosmetic. I have yet to hear any Platinum except for the Evidence when it was first demoed at Axpona. Honestly as good as they are I personally preferred the C4 Sig. But it could have been the amps.
post #30818 of 30836 Unread Today, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 302
I found a difference and the rep in my country also affirmed the difference. It was simple to spot, but you will be quite happy with any of the three, just that the difference plus the fact that I can get a matching centre with the Platinums did the trick
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
post #30819 of 30836 Unread Today, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
It was a long day, but WELL worth it, thanks for the AMAZING speakers @Bluvette !!! I'm starting them out where I had my 340's (9 feet apart) and I'll go from there. I've only had them up and running about an hour but so far I'm blown away!

Looks Fantastic. Should sound killer in your room but I would try to get them a bit closer together in my opinion. But it doesn't look like can move them much. The picture is a bit dark and I'm guessing the grills are on. IMO I have always preferred Dyn's with the grills off (the exception was the Sapphires).

Anyhow CONGRATS and I think you will enjoy them for years to come.
yonson likes this.
post #30820 of 30836 Unread Today, 06:28 AM

Quote:
yes the same personI really became desperate after 10days of money transfer ,thought lost my money to scammer,because communication was lost after money transfer.After many efforts finally recieved s1.4 LE bubinga speakers 2 days ago I never experienced something similar,more than 3weeks,usually delivery takes 4-7days within Europe
Do you want to buy something from them?
Ok, first of all, good to see you here As for FischerHIFI, I already ordered and paid for some Focus 160s from them way back on June 20, and guess what, speakers haven't arrived yet! But seeing as you got your speakers just the other day after being in a similar position as me, and since Alex from FischerHIFI says my speakers were in the same batch that were sent from Germany last week, I'm sure I'll receive mine too, probably in the upcoming week or so.

Never experienced anything similar either! Like you I also thought I had been conned. I'm happy for the both of us that we weren't (that is, if I really do get my speakers!)

Anyway, this has been a wake up call for me - I will be much, much more careful and cautious next time I buy some expensive hifi online.
post #30821 of 30836 Unread Today, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 399
@Bluvette when I see people downgrading from $20k+ speakers like you have, it really makes me ask myself, "why do I need anything more then my Focus 260s?"

Bouncing through the different threads on this forum you can see several people doing it. As much as I liked the XT-2s I looked at it and said, with full trade up and a discount, I'd still be paying $7k outta pocket, just not sure it's even worth it. Especially for what I listen to mostly, not sure I need anything else.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #30822 of 30836 Unread Today, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
@Bluvette when I see people downgrading from $20k+ speakers like you have, it really makes me ask myself, "why do I need anything more then my Focus 260s?"

Bouncing through the different threads on this forum you can see several people doing it. As much as I liked the XT-2s I looked at it and said, with full trade up and a discount, I'd still be paying $7k outta pocket, just not sure it's even worth it. Especially for what I listen to mostly, not sure I need anything else.
I agree, I just do not have the time in my life right now to justify having them. Maybe things will change but no time soon.
post #30823 of 30836 Unread Today, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Quote:
No replacements, need to take a break for a while. My Naim gear will be going down to my home theater to use on my Scansonic 2.5's. The speakers are broken in and sound awesome. I think the C4's are a bit further apart than I had them. Looks great, enjoy them Chris!!!
I hope you'll let us know how the 272/250 combo does with the 2.5.
post #30824 of 30836 Unread Today, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:

I agree. It's hard to justify more money invested at this point. I think diminishing returns start to kick in quickly from here on.
post #30825 of 30836 Unread Today, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Ok, first of all, good to see you here As for FischerHIFI, I already ordered and paid for some Focus 160s from them way back on June 20, and guess what, speakers haven't arrived yet! But seeing as you got your speakers just the other day after being in a similar position as me, and since Alex from FischerHIFI says my speakers were in the same batch that were sent from Germany last week, I'm sure I'll receive mine too, probably in the upcoming week or so.

Never experienced anything similar either! Like you I also thought I had been conned. I'm happy for the both of us that we weren't (that is, if I really do get my speakers!)

Anyway, this has been a wake up call for me - I will be much, much more careful and cautious next time I buy some expensive hifi online.
Maybe they ordering them from Denmark.We are paying first,then they paying to Dynaudio company.I can't imagine other way why so long.Interesting thing ,older s1.4 version cost more than S1.4LE.May be Dynaudio selling out LE versions before new contour range will appear in shops
post #30826 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I agree. It's hard to justify more money invested at this point. I think diminishing returns start to kick in quickly from here on.
Yes it does! Everything I've so far said to myself I could upgrade to that has cost at least double.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #30827 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
John had them 74" apart from front tip to tip, I've got them at 101" with a little more than 13' from the speakers to listening position.

Yes, I haven't cranked them up a ton yet, but at similar levels they definitely have more SPL than the 340's did with the JC-1's, but more so the bottom end is OMG OMG OMG better! Even though I knew I had them in Reference Audio mode I had to get up and verify that the subs were off they had that much bottom end! I'll definitely be happy with these for a long time to come!
post #30828 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Looks Fantastic. Should sound killer in your room but I would try to get them a bit closer together in my opinion. But it doesn't look like can move them much. The picture is a bit dark and I'm guessing the grills are on. IMO I have always preferred Dyn's with the grills off (the exception was the Sapphires).

Anyhow CONGRATS and I think you will enjoy them for years to come.
Thanks! The grills are actually off (you can see them in the corners if you look hard enough) I can move them about a foot closer together without moving the amps and I'm pretty sure I have them toed in a bit more than John did as well, so that might help a bit.

The soundstage is definitely WAY bigger and wider than the 340's had as well.
post #30829 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:15 AM

Quote:

I was amazed at how well the Scansonic MB 2.5's performed after he put them where the C4's were!
post #30830 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Maybe they ordering them from Denmark.We are paying first,then they paying to Dynaudio company.I can't imagine other way why so long.Interesting thing ,older s1.4 version cost more than S1.4LE.May be Dynaudio selling out LE versions before new contour range will appear in shops
I think they are since I was shocked by the low price of the 3.4LE when i ordered them but before they even started to built them, new Contour line was announce, I then decided to change my order to the Contour 30

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
post #30831 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was amazed at how well the Scansonic MB 2.5's performed after he put them where the C4's were!
I figure MB 2.5 are no slouch , I mean they are excellent speakers, maybe not C-4 good but certainly great sounding knowing Raidho/Scansonic quality.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

post #30832 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
John had them 74" apart from front tip to tip, I've got them at 101" with a little more than 13' from the speakers to listening position.

Yes, I haven't cranked them up a ton yet, but at similar levels they definitely have more SPL than the 340's did with the JC-1's, but more so the bottom end is OMG OMG OMG better! Even though I knew I had them in Reference Audio mode I had to get up and verify that the subs were off they had that much bottom end! I'll definitely be happy with these for a long time to come!
So center to center John would be around 82" inches, If I were you Yonson I would try maybe 96" center to center as a compromise, that would mean to bring them about 1 more foot closer together I figure.
I mean you have plenty of time to experience, I am planning to place my C-30 84" center to center but I have a smaller room then you have.

post #30833 of 30836 Unread Today, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The 2.5s are a great speaker. But my tastes are a little different then the sonic signature of those speakers.

post #30834 of 30836 Unread Today, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but I think the waiting period is mostly because they don't drive to Germany to ship packages until they have a sufficient amount of packages to send.
At least at one point I mailed Alex that I wanted to cancel my order because of the long wait, and he responded with this: "Please wait until next week. We have 6 packages and Mr. Fischer will Wednesday or Thursday have to go to Germany."

About Contour, yes it makes sense for everybody to clear their storage of LE before the new Contours arrive
post #30835 of 30836 Unread Today, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

I actually have mine on almost the same dimensions. I have my couch about 15 ft from the speakers and they are about 9 ft apart. It sounds a bit better if I move the couch 10 to 12 ft from them, but my wife says no. Moving the speakers farther into the room made the bass suffer too much

Make it bun dem by Damian Marley and Skrillex is my fav track to show off the low frequency response. It turns my living room into a pressure chamber
post #30836 of 30836 Unread Today, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 1113
For the record: anyone who had trouble, getting signed-up for ESAC; and really wanted to...lol. All you need do, is touch base.

You wouldn't believe, how many spam-boys I got hit with...before the questionnaire; and you need to make it somewhat "sophisticated"..or they'll find their way, through the cracks.

It's the last question, that's a little ambiguous...by design; but I've either changed it (I'll have to check)...or again. You can just ask

Anyone in the market, for a GREAT amp?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010769 - Copy.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1563553  

FOUNDER - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)

GEAR 4 SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore