Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1029 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2277Likes
post #30841 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrimse View Post
Maybe they ordering them from Denmark.We are paying first,then they paying to Dynaudio company.I can't imagine other way why so long.Interesting thing ,older s1.4 version cost more than S1.4LE.May be Dynaudio selling out LE versions before new contour range will appear in shops
Compared to the original price of S1.4, the LE version is also cheaper where I live. I think the S1.4 LE has a lot of competition so the price is lowered to match. Anyway you've had the 1.4 LE for some days now, how are they doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30842 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
I was amazed at how well the Scansonic MB 2.5's performed after he put them where the C4's were!
I think that the Naim N272/250dr has a lot to do with what you were hearing.
yonson likes this.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio
2 channel-Naim N 272 teac pd-501 DSd player,XD 600'S,Nordost Heimdall 2 power cord,digital and analog interconnects
post #30843 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland150 View Post
Compared to the original price of S1.4, the LE version is also cheaper where I live. I think the S1.4 LE has a lot of competition so the price is lowered to match. Anyway you've had the 1.4 LE for some days now, how are they doing?
well compared to original version,LE is a bit more refined in bass,more punch,imaging and sounstage,stereo and instrument separation is better,floating in the air.High frequencies sound a bit different than on s1.4 maybe of new coating.I would say all this makes it sounds more musical

Last edited by rrimse; Yesterday at 09:09 AM.
post #30844 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxca27 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my impressions, and ask for some advice...

Impressions: went in to listen to Emit M10,... WOW! My Klipsch are no match. The ease of listening and the detail and uncluttered sound is awesome! And still somehow they're more engaging than the Klipsch's. I am very impressed with these speakers.

Advice: The DALI Zensor 1's have recently come to my attention, and I'm curious if anyone has compared these to the Emit/ DM/ Excites speakers and how do they compare. Are they more/less forward sounding than the Dyn's, and how are their soft dome tweeters in comparison? I cannot audition the DALI's, no dealers near me, so relying on advise here. Thanks guys!
I have and the Zensor 1 & 3, both excellent speakers for the money, that being said I have heard great things about the Emits M10 and from what I hear they are great bank for the buck from Dynaudio. Great reviews as well, frankly I should have went for a pair of those in my office verses the Xeo2.. The Xeo 2 where superb for what they do without having to buy associated equipment to use with them, but more likely for some thing to go wrong that is for sure.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Musical Fidelity,KEF, etc...... Maybe New Contour's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Standse
post #30845 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dyn audiophiles...need some help. I'm moving into a townhome with a living room size of 17x16. The challenge is that it's not a "rectangle" shape to get my HT setup the way it is currently. So the idea is to move my HT to the basement AND go for Xeo 2 or Xeo 4 for the living room. So the help I need is suggestions/recommendations/comments on which is better considering I currently have Focus 260/210.

Will Xeo 2 or Xeo 4 give enough output and bass for EDM & Rock music coz for movies I will use 260/210? I understand it's not going to be as good as Focus XD and I'm fine with it. Idea of having Xeo is that I can have them on stands and they won't need a lot of space. Lastly, what about the placement of Xeo...is it similar to Focus and have to be atleast 8feet apart for optimal performance?
post #30846 of 30847 Unread Yesterday, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
Will Xeo 2 or Xeo 4 give enough output and bass for EDM & Rock music coz for movies I will use 260/210? I understand it's not going to be as good as Focus XD and I'm fine with it. Idea of having Xeo is that I can have them on stands and they won't need a lot of space. Lastly, what about the placement of Xeo...is it similar to Focus and have to be atleast 8feet apart for optimal performance?
The Xeo 4s will hit higher SPLs. They also have a better-built cabinet and higher-quality drivers. If you're planning to wall mount, the Xeo 2 DSP is supposed to handle that well, and it also bumps up the bass at lower SPLs to make the speaker sound fuller. That being said, the Xeo 2s got quite loud during my demo. If possible, you should try to find a pair to listen to. If you add a Connect+Link or Hub+Link, you could add a sub which I'm sure would help fill out the lower octave.

If you plan to stand-mount them, you might also want to consider the Xeo 6 since it effectively takes up the same amount of room as the Xeo 4 on a stand.
Garman likes this.

post #30847 of 30847 Unread Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore