Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1030 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2285Likes
post #30871 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30872 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
Ahemn...I just got down on my knees in front of the speaker, leaned forward, placed my lips carefully around the tweeter and...well...sucked (!)

Guess what...tweeter popped out and is now 99% perfect. There is a tiny little dent in it, really reslly tiny, that's it.

I think I may have found a hidden talent here! :-)
I admit to having discovered that I, too, share this exact same talent, and that my beloved 160s are the beneficiary. You're in good company here. Enjoy!
post #30873 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Some photos: SNIP [/IMG]
I didn't realize that you'd gone for the gloss white. I did the same - will have to post some pics of my system soon. Doing a bit of reshuffling, so let me get settled and I will make it happen.

The white looks so damn classy in person - good choice.
Matrixman18 likes this.
post #30874 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post
Quote:
Ahemn...I just got down on my knees in front of the speaker, leaned forward, placed my lips carefully around the tweeter and...well...sucked (!)

Guess what...tweeter popped out and is now 99% perfect. There is a tiny little dent in it, really reslly tiny, that's it.

I think I may have found a hidden talent here! :-)
I admit to having discovered that I, too, share this exact same talent, and that my beloved 160s are the beneficiary. You're in good company here. Enjoy!
Very nice! Congrats!

I agree about the white being very cool.
post #30875 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Very nice! Congrats!

I agree about the white being very cool.
All of my Dynaudio speakers past and present have been white,with the exception of the focus line...I had a 210c and the 160's were in walnut.Got some bad news today,or maybe good...I talked to my local dealer,and he said he is retiring and closing up the store. Last time I talked to him,he said another guy was going to take over the business,but apparently that is not going to happen. The only good thing is that he is selling off his remaining inventory,and he said there are some real good deals to be had,so I will head there Saturday to see.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio
2 channel-Naim N 272 teac pd-501 DSd player,XD 600'S,Nordost Heimdall 2 power cord,digital and analog interconnects
post #30876 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 100
@hbjdk Congratz on the 160, they look sweet, sad you lightly damaged a tweeter

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .

Last edited by BigAl87; Yesterday at 08:25 PM.
post #30877 of 30882 Unread Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Congratulations! Will you give them a dedicated stereo amp
post #30878 of 30882 Unread Today, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Hehe! Glad it worked for your 160s also, and thanks!
post #30879 of 30882 Unread Today, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize that you'd gone for the gloss white. I did the same - will have to post some pics of my system soon. Doing a bit of reshuffling, so let me get settled and I will make it happen.

The white looks so damn classy in person - good choice.
Looking forward to seeing your system, I'll take some better photos of mine in daylight and post them later.

As for the color, the store only had them in white so it wasn't really a choice - normally I would never pick a white speaker, however I googled for pictures of white Dynaudio speaker setups and from there I could see that white speakers can actually look very well, also in a combined black/white hifi setup.

EDIT:
I do wish I hadn't gone with the black stands though, as white stands would have looked so much nicer, I see now.
I may want to sell them and get some white later if I keep feeling this way.
post #30880 of 30882 Unread Today, 01:37 AM

Thank you for the congrats, guys! I am happy!

BigAl, yes shame about the tweeter, this morning I have not checked if I can hear any difference in sound today.
I could yesterday when the tweeter was dented very much, however after it came out 99% again, I compared again and the highs sounded the same to me on both L and R speaker.
So I'm hoping it's now just a small cosmetic problem which is not audible anymore.

roland, hehe! I can't decide. One moment I want to, but the next I want to save the money and "just" get a NAD M51 DAC instead to put in front of the AVR.
I borrowed one from my local dealer and just adding that dac alone makes a world of difference.
I could not believe it when I heard it!

Thanks again everybody!

(Great forum this one btw. and especially great to be able to communicate with and get advice/tips from fellow Dynaudio users and fans)
post #30881 of 30882 Unread Today, 01:40 AM

Btw. yesterday I was concentrating my listening on spotting differences in sound with the 160s vs. my Excite X14.
This morning, sitting in front of the computer and just listening to music on the 160s, I instantly hear they are not burned in - they have that characteristic "woolen" sound of gear that ain't broken in yet.
I'll play non stop during the day today.
post #30882 of 30882 Unread Today, 02:49 AM

Added 10 new photos taken just now here:
https://app.box.com/s/23yh8m5dyc76dbbj07opgueocegqqu3k

You can scroll back and forth between them with the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Just heard Taylor Swift "I knew you were trouble" - the bass on these speakers is super tight already!
Bass is more precise than what I recall from Excite X14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore