Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1055 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2626Likes

post #31621 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertheeren View Post
hmm difficult choise . .
Gives a 140 a different sonic character or is it just a smaller version of the 220?
Unfortunately I have not heard the 140 only the 160 so It's hard for me to comment on it, Not sure if someone else can chime in to describe the 140 sound. Basically I am just saying that it might be a good alternative since it has more air displacement than the X-14 and DM 2/6 from it's larger woofer.

EDIT:Only from lab measurements, we could see there is a high frequency roll-off passed 15k so it should should pretty nice and warm.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/d...U3cErp4ZQXE.97

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .

Last edited by BigAl87; Yesterday at 02:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31622 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Let's see: since I've been participating in this thread...we've had SEVERAL "best" matches, with Dyn speakers; usually...whatever electronics that user has, at that moment in time...lol

When I first came aboard...it was C-J, in large part to PumaCat and RaceTripper; and Simaudio was touted as a great pairing for a while. Now it's NAIM...and Hegel is a darling; and Aaron always kept Belles in the conversation (and David, does actual voice...with Dyns).
Yep. Exactly this. I'm just waiting for it to be Shindo's turn to be the favored pairing around here, as I'd love to drive my 160s with some exotic green tube gear, but I could use a little moral support before I really take the plunge.

post #31623 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Previous Dynaudio owner here, thinking about coming back to the fold after a decade or so. I loved my previous Contour stereo setup. Also, the Danish style has a nice WAF I can't get elsewhere.

I have a mid-sized basement home theater and I've been considering an upgrade. The new Contour series caught my eye for a 5.1 setup. Am I correct in thinking they will be available in October?

I was considering Dolby Atmos for my upgrade as well but it doesn't look like Dynaudio is doing anything there, right?

Thanks for any advice.
post #31624 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog8 View Post
Previous Dynaudio owner here, thinking about coming back to the fold after a decade or so. I loved my previous Contour stereo setup. Also, the Danish style has a nice WAF I can't get elsewhere.

I have a mid-sized basement home theater and I've been considering an upgrade. The new Contour series caught my eye for a 5.1 setup. Am I correct in thinking they will be available in October?

I was considering Dolby Atmos for my upgrade as well but it doesn't look like Dynaudio is doing anything there, right?

Thanks for any advice.
Technically speaking they should, I changed my 3.4LE order in a C30 pair hoping they will be available in October cause i cannot wait

For Atmos Are you considering in ceiling speakers or up firing? Not a big Atmos guy myself but Totem has in ceiling speakers to complete atmos systems and they would blend really well with Dynaudio speaker.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

post #31625 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Technically speaking they should, I changed my 3.4LE order in a C30 pair hoping they will be available in October cause i cannot wait

For Atmos Are you considering in ceiling speakers or up firing? Not a big Atmos guy myself but Totem has in ceiling speakers to complete atmos systems and they would blend really well with Dynaudio speaker.
Thanks. Good question. I'm a bit skeptical on up-firing, especially in a basement with a low ceiling, so I was hoping to go with in-ceiling. I will check out Totem.
post #31626 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks. Good question. I'm a bit skeptical on up-firing, especially in a basement with a low ceiling, so I was hoping to go with in-ceiling. I will check out Totem.
It would be the Tribes in ceiling speakers. They don't come cheap for in ceiling but considering the amount of money you are putting in the Speaker system I think they will work in your budget and you'll feel they are completely up to the task.

I have use the Tribe III on wall with Dynaudio speakers as my center and honestly they blended seamlessly.

https://totemacoustic.com/en/tribe-in-ceiling

dashpuppy likes this.

Last edited by BigAl87; Yesterday at 05:49 PM.
post #31627 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Thanks for any advice.
Everything but the center should be released around October, they haven't set a date on the center yet...
post #31628 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Dynaudio has the IC 17 in ceiling speakers.
BigAl87 and dashpuppy like this.
post #31629 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Everything but the center should be released around October, they haven't set a date on the center yet...
Maybe you should sell him your Evidence center

post #31630 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
It would be the Tribes in ceiling speakers. They don't come cheap for in ceiling but considering the amount of money you are putting in the Speaker system I think they will work in your budget and you'll feel they are completely up to the task.

I have use the Tribe III on wall with Dynaudio speakers as my center and honestly they blended seamlessly.

https://totemacoustic.com/en/tribe-in-ceiling

https://youtu.be/_TbwICSv-x4

Hey look I know that guy in the video, he was at the Vancouver audio show, telling everyone that their speakers are the best because they don't use crossovers, and they don't even test them before shipping them because they are that confident. Funny too same guy that says he makes more money on their speakers from people in the UK than anyone else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #31631 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should sell him your Evidence center
Hehe, as much as a PITA it was to get uncrated and setup I hope I don't have to move it for a LONG time to come...

However that will probably be sooner than I hope since once I get a dedicated amp for it I'll have to get a new entertainment center to support it...
dashpuppy likes this.
post #31632 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
Hey look I know that guy in the video, he was at the Vancouver audio show, telling everyone that their speakers are the best because they don't use crossovers, and they don't even test them before shipping them because they are that confident. Funny too same guy that says he makes more money on their speakers from people in the UK than anyone else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That guy is Vince Bruzzese Chief designer for Totem Acoustic and may I say he holds Dynaudio in high Regards, He himself used Dynaudio drivers in his speakers in the past so he must know they were well designed drivers.

He's not that far off when he speaks about the x-overless design of drivers and I will tell you the basket is not die cast it is CNC Machined in several pieces ans hand assembled and extremely precise, He has other entry level speaker using cheap driver units from Poland in the Tonsil but when he talks about his Torrent drivers he has good reasons to be proud, feels like he's bragging I know but I guess he lets his passion talk a lot. The Magnet Sysytem is super impressive on that driver and i is one of the few drivers that have 1 inch in and out excursion that is always in perfect control.

May I mention I own a pair of those Element speakers? I also own X-18 and soon C30 .

Oh and by the way, his speakers do sell like hot cakes in the UK, The asking price of a pair of Dreamcacher in the UK is 700£ so 825euros and here in Canada they sell for 700cnd. Not sure he sell more than any other manufacturer but I do believe it is his best market.
dashpuppy likes this.

Last edited by BigAl87; Yesterday at 06:29 PM.
post #31633 of 31635 Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
I could not agree more with you not everything is black or white, it just makes it more difficult and this is why I just encourage people to do background check on equipment and make sure the warranty is not void once you have it in hand. I am sure next time you will ask for a picture of the actual original invoice

Trust me it's difficult sometime you have to take a gamble and it's sometimes very hard to resist to a piece you have been wanting for a long time. I am one of the lucky ones that has a crazy amount of hi-fi equipment withing 30 miles, and this includes dealers selling stuff like Magico and Sonus Faber, I also know in Canada their is only one distributor for Raidho if I ever wanted a pair i can deal with my dealer directly since he has a contact with the distributor. i feel lucky in that regard.
Big Al,

Not my first Rodeo as I use to work for a dealer who failed, he had a great store with great equipment but failed on the customer service end, and he failed to give very good repeat customers decent deals. I still would rather go to some one like Tyler, but don't have that ability to do so all the time.. I asked the guy for the receipt he said he was sending it with the unit he didn't then the unit failed and he did the whole song and dance routine, I can actually say in all the years of using Audiogon it's the first time this has happened to me, and I been buying & selling stuff on their since 2004.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Musical Fidelity,KEF, etc...... Maybe New Contour's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Standse
post #31634 of 31635 Old Today, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 201
He's not that far off when he speaks about the x-overless design of drivers

I have to agree that x-overless design is quite good,the Taksim's i have on home demo follow this approach,and although it has only been a few days...i think they have found a new home.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr, teac pd-501 DSd player,Excite 12's
post #31635 of 31635 Old Today, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
He's not that far off when he speaks about the x-overless design of drivers

I have to agree that x-overless design is quite good,the Taksim's i have on home demo follow this approach,and although it has only been a few days...i think they have found a new home.
So are you say your keeping these? How are the cabinets? hard to tell from the pics, and how about what drivers do they use?

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Musical Fidelity,KEF, etc...... Maybe New Contour's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Standse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page