Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1072 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2802Likes

post #32131 of 32142 Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Listen guys,I am not trying to start a war here,I am no electrical engineer...just an audiophile and music lover like most here.I just asked if anyone had switched from cat 6 to cat 7 and noticed a difference.The guy at my dealer that told me about it is not a salesman,just a fellow audiophile who I just met that day and had NO reason to lie,or blow smoke up my ass.I will say though,I think he has a pretty high end system...he mentioned he was using audio note gear and running a chord Qbd76 dac with it,so maybe these differences can be heard more with top tear components...just a thought
http://www.whathifi.com/chord-electr...76-hdsd/review
That could be. Or he had an inferior Cat 6 cable so when he switched to Cat 7 he thought the difference was the shielding. Or it's psychoacoustics.

I'm not a guy that spends a ton on cables. If the engineers who actually design these amps actually thought a power cable brought out the best in their amps, don't you think they'd find a way to include a higher grade one? Instead of tons of output transistors in parallel, film bypass caps, boutique caps in the signal path, etc...... why aren't they just including a "high end" power cable? Some of the improvement claims people spew about their USB/network cables, speaker wire, and power cables could carry some weight if any engineer in the world would just start shipping their amps/dacs/sources with them. If they made a difference, the engineer would cut costs elsewhere to include them; just as they do with internal parts that matter.

I personally buy pure copper wire with proper AWG and shielding. It doesn't need fancy terminations or to be wrapped in tech flex to make it pretty. OFC copper is OFC copper. All I know is that if you don't have noise in your system, and you switch from one Cat 6 cable to an equivalent Cat 7 cable, you aren't going to hear a difference. Spend the money if you have to. I know what it's like to get stuck on something and not be able to get rid of the feeling until you buy it. Go for it. Like you said; it's not that much money.
cvinfig likes this.

Last edited by shample; Yesterday at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32132 of 32142 Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Why not go for a better grade cable. Seeing the prices "most" of us spend on our Pres, Amps, Speakers and DACS it only makes sense to me to put a few bucks in a better cable. I have see the difference from the stock chord GEM DAC cable to the better 75$ cable I added later. It only makes sense if you get a better, cleaner and stronger signal to any component it will preform better. If some people on the AVS feel different, by all means take a run to your local dollar store. Most have CAT cables and USB cables too... Let me know how that works out for you. I wont be putting any on my stuff any time soon. That's my 2 cent cables worth.

2ch - PRE - Cambridge Audio Azur 540r, POWER - Exposure 2010s amp, Cambridge Audio DVD89, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Jriver for Flac and DSD audio, CHORD HUGO DAC, Project Elemental Turntable with Micromega MyGroov phono stage.
7.1 HT - Paradigm 90p v3, Polk CSI 40 center, Polk R150 rears, Mission 760i side, Velodyne VX-10B Sub, Pioneer VSX-9130TXH
post #32133 of 32142 Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3fnd View Post
Why not go for a better grade cable. Seeing the prices "most" of us spend on our Pres, Amps, Speakers and DACS it only makes sense to me to put a few bucks in a better cable. I have see the difference from the stock chord GEM DAC cable to the better 75$ cable I added later. It only makes sense if you get a better, cleaner and stronger signal to any component it will preform better. If some people on the AVS feel different, by all means take a run to your local dollar store. Most have CAT cables and USB cables too... Let me know how that works out for you. I wont be putting any on my stuff any time soon. That's my 2 cent cables worth.
Because it's a waste of money? I'll soon be running a 7.1.2 setup with an Anthem AVM 60, C2 Platinums (Parasound A21 amp), three C1 mkIIs for surround and center (Outlaw 7500 amp), Contour 1.4 rears and Contour SR for heights (Anthem PVA5 amplifier), all wired from a 500 ft spool of generic 14 gauge in-wall speaker wire from Home Depot and whatever I had laying around for interconnects - I just haven't read or personally experienced anything that has made me think boutique cables are anything other than snake oil.
Garman likes this.
post #32134 of 32142 Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinfig View Post
Because it's a waste of money? I'll soon be running a 7.1.2 setup with an Anthem AVM 60, C2 Platinums (Parasound A21 amp), three C1 mkIIs for surround and center (Outlaw 7500 amp), Contour 1.4 rears and Contour SR for heights (Anthem PVA5 amplifier), all wired from a 500 ft spool of generic 14 gauge in-wall speaker wire from Home Depot and whatever I had laying around for interconnects - I just haven't read or personally experienced anything that has made me think boutique cables are anything other than snake oil.

I lay in the middle on this one, I'm not saying spend 1000s on one cable. The way I look at it is the better your system is you should look at better then BestBuy cables. I'm still looking for "that guy" out there with the dollar store USB and interconnects on a Chord DAVE. So far no one has proved a DAC such as that is as good on a 1$ cable as it is on a 200$ one.

2ch - PRE - Cambridge Audio Azur 540r, POWER - Exposure 2010s amp, Cambridge Audio DVD89, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Jriver for Flac and DSD audio, CHORD HUGO DAC, Project Elemental Turntable with Micromega MyGroov phono stage.
7.1 HT - Paradigm 90p v3, Polk CSI 40 center, Polk R150 rears, Mission 760i side, Velodyne VX-10B Sub, Pioneer VSX-9130TXH
post #32135 of 32142 Old Today, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3fnd View Post
I'm still looking for "that guy" out there with the dollar store USB and interconnects on a Chord DAVE. So far no one has proved a DAC such as that is as good on a 1$ cable as it is on a 200$ one.
I think you're going way too far on the other side here. No one's saying to go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest junk you can find. The side that's against $30,000 Nordost cables says that, if you buy a cable that's sufficient gauge to carry the current and shielded against interference, you won't hear a difference.

Monster XP versus Aluminum Foil: A Speaker Cable Test
shample likes this.

post #32136 of 32142 Old Today, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shample View Post
It all looks good, but I wouldn't waste my money on using Contour 20's in the rear. A pair of Emits won't sound any different. Surrounds play such limited information.
I'm ordering a pair of the new Dynaudio Contour Compact 20's to use as rears with Monitor Audio PL500's and I hope it's not a waste of money.
post #32137 of 32142 Old Today, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjor1 View Post
I'm ordering a pair of the new Dynaudio Contour Compact 20's to use as rears with Monitor Audio PL500's and I hope it's not a waste of money.
Why would you go with Dyn surrounds instead of MA PL100s? I don't know what the new Contours are going to sound like but all the other Dynaudio speakers I own have a very different sound signature than my PL100s.
post #32138 of 32142 Old Today, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Hey; before I go w i d e with it (AC, USAM, AG, et al); I'm doing an IC, on my...

Just PM me, if you're interested and serious enough; to want further details.

PERFECT, for driving those new Contours
For those of you, who may not have gotten it; that's a Bryston 4B3
BigAl87 likes this.

FOUNDER - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)
post #32139 of 32142 Old Today, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinfig View Post
Why would you go with Dyn surrounds instead of MA PL100s? I don't know what the new Contours are going to sound like but all the other Dynaudio speakers I own have a very different sound signature than my PL100s.
I'm a 2-channel guy that decided to incorporate surround sound with my 2-channel system. I currently have Monitor Audio Bronze 5 as rears, but borrowed my friend's Dynaudio Focus 260's. I preferred the 260's. I do have a Monitor Audio Gold 350 center, but to my ears the sonic signature didn't affect the sound as much as the clarity.
post #32140 of 32142 Old Today, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I go away to Switzerland and Italy for a few days and this thread goes to $h!t.

Here is a 9-27-2016 review of the 200 XD:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/d...kkJZDKIfiGH.97

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA>DIN | Tellurium Q Black 3M

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)

post #32141 of 32142 Old Today, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 208
BTW, none of the photo attachments load for me.

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA>DIN | Tellurium Q Black 3M

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)

post #32142 of 32142 Old Today, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
BTW, none of the photo attachments load for me.
If you are tralking about the thubnails, i have a work around cause i have the same issue so when you click on thumbnail it just spins and does not open but by double cliking on the black background wile actually try to load it will open in the same window in your browser.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (I can't wait for October). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page