Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1073 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 2840Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #32161 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 119
A cable debate, this is refreshing and new. Come on guys, this is in progress / has been done in 6.022e23 other places on this forum. Discuss what y'all like but you might as well argue politics or religion, for the progress Y'all will make.
CDLehner, cvinfig and MUDCAT45 like this.
aschen is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32162 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
To be fair, knowledge that a Ferrari is an awesome performance car doesn't mean that one buys it for personal use.

Also, I thought this would be interesting for all involved in the "debate":
http://www.thewirecutter.com/reviews...-speaker-cable
That article supports what is stated by the most knowledgeable on AVS. PROPER GAGE WIRE IS ABOUT ALL THAT MATTERS WHEN CHOOSING SPEAKER WIRES.

Good article.

I have demoed speaker wires costing over $1000 pair at home. They sounded as good as the Home Depot wire tested against them.
Results could have been different if I had used better speakers than the Dynaudio I had at the time.
amatuerholic and shample like this.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #32163 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
To be fair, knowledge that a Ferrari is an awesome performance car doesn't mean that one buys it for personal use.

Also, I thought this would be interesting for all involved in the "debate":
http://www.thewirecutter.com/reviews...-speaker-cable
The fact is,i never asked about speaker wire,my original question was if anyone had tried cat 7 ETHERNET cable compared to cat 6...then it morphed into this pissing contest somehow.
amatuerholic likes this.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
no quarter is online now  
post #32164 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
That article supports what is stated by the most knowledgeable on AVS. PROPER GAGE WIRE IS ABOUT ALL THAT MATTERS WHEN CHOOSING SPEAKER WIRES.

Good article.

I have demoed speaker wires costing over $1000 pair at home. They sounded as good as the Home Depot wire tested against them.
Results could have been different if I had used better speakers than the Dynaudio I had at the time.
I saw that someone quoted me, and I really hoped it was about the Evidence M5P, haha.

amatuerholic is offline  
post #32165 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
I saw that someone quoted me, and I really hoped it was about the Evidence M5P, haha.

I will send you a pm when mine arrive.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #32166 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
I will send you a pm when mine arrive.
Haha, OK. But seriously, why are they still using peg-grilles instead of magnetic ones?

amatuerholic is offline  
post #32167 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Have you guys seen this speaker?

The Evidence M5P far-field studio monitor
www.dynaudio.com/professional-audio/m-series/m5p/


Interesting, maybe Otto can tell us if there are any technical differences between the consumer version. I wonder if it is an cheaper with the slightly more industrial finish?


It seems like JBL is having a lot of crossover success with their higher end pro gear crossing into consumers houses. Maybe we will start to see some smearing of the lines from dynaudio as well
aschen is online now  
post #32168 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 10,285
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
Interesting, maybe Otto can tell us if there are any technical differences between the consumer version. I wonder if it is an cheaper with the slightly more industrial finish?


It seems like JBL is having a lot of crossover success with their higher end pro gear crossing into consumers houses. Maybe we will start to see some smearing of the lines from dynaudio as well
PMC has been doing it for years; ATC too.

FOUNDER - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)
CDLehner is offline  
post #32169 of 32185 Unread Today, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 10,285
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I am curious what exactly is YOUR current system?
I'd like to know too Shample. Not because I want to force you, into some kind of ah-ha moment; but I just like hearing about other kit.

Especially from the skeptics and "objectivists" among us.

Would you be willing to share?
no quarter likes this.

FOUNDER - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)
CDLehner is offline  
post #32170 of 32185 Unread Today, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,859
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Genelec has pro and home crossover in models.

Tannoy custom install and live sound has some (limited) cross over in models.

Mike Miles
mmiles is online now  
post #32171 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
The fact is,i never asked about speaker wire,my original question was if anyone had tried cat 7 ETHERNET cable compared to cat 6...then it morphed into this pissing contest somehow.
Very true, but I think we can all conclude you didn't really want a truthful answer. You wanted someone to get on here and say the heavens opened up when they used a CAT 7 cable with more shielding and less copper than the CAT 6 wire they previously had.
shample is online now  
post #32172 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I would put my "low powered" Naim amp up against anything you own there bud...is that sheepish enough for you?
Yes.
shample is online now  
post #32173 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Otto J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post

Interesting, maybe Otto can tell us if there are any technical differences between the consumer version. I wonder if it is an cheaper with the slightly more industrial finish?
No technical differences. It is a bit cheaper due to the finish requiring less labour, but I don't have the exact price right now.

The story behind it is simple: We had a few high profile pro customers ask if it was available for pro use without the fancy laquers, so we decided to see if there was a broader interest - which there was. As the Evidence Platinum is perfectly capable of functioning as a high-end far-field mastering monitor, there was no need to change the product, other than offer more sturdy finishes.
Otto J is online now  
post #32174 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shample View Post
Very true, but I think we can all conclude you didn't really want a truthful answer. You wanted someone to get on here and say the heavens opened up when they used a CAT 7 cable with more shielding and less copper than the CAT 6 wire they previously had.

But the question still remains which system you have?
no quarter likes this.
Matrixman18 is online now  
post #32175 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:32 AM
Member
 
ve3fnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Look at the can of worms you opened no quarter

2ch - PRE - Cambridge Audio Azur 540r, POWER - Exposure 2010s amp, Cambridge Audio DVD89, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Jriver for Flac and DSD audio, CHORD HUGO DAC, Project Elemental Turntable with Micromega MyGroov phono stage.
7.1 HT - Paradigm 90p v3, Polk CSI 40 center, Polk R150 rears, Mission 760i side, Velodyne VX-10B Sub, Pioneer VSX-9130TXH
ve3fnd is online now  
post #32176 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:37 AM
Member
 
ve3fnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Like i thought,another smart answer...yet you did not answer the first question i asked...WHAT IS YOUR SYSTEM?,how about some photos.I am done with this too,professor!
I would put my "low powered" Naim amp up against anything you own there bud...is that sheepish enough for you?
This guy is nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothing, I bet hes just upset he can't buy nice toys like we have Just like the other trolls he wont talk about his own stuff just make fun of ours. Get a life buddy one day you will see the light and if not oh well I have.
Matrixman18 likes this.

2ch - PRE - Cambridge Audio Azur 540r, POWER - Exposure 2010s amp, Cambridge Audio DVD89, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Jriver for Flac and DSD audio, CHORD HUGO DAC, Project Elemental Turntable with Micromega MyGroov phono stage.
7.1 HT - Paradigm 90p v3, Polk CSI 40 center, Polk R150 rears, Mission 760i side, Velodyne VX-10B Sub, Pioneer VSX-9130TXH
ve3fnd is online now  
post #32177 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by shample View Post
Very true, but I think we can all conclude you didn't really want a truthful answer.




I don't think you should speak for what we can all conclude, because that is surly not how I read it.




Gentlemen, I would like to politely suggest we don't get sucked into the argument baiting here. This thread has been classy for as long as I have read it. We should try to maintain that.
no quarter likes this.
aschen is online now  
post #32178 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3fnd View Post
This guy is nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothing, I bet hes just upset he can't buy nice toys like we have Just like the other trolls he wont talk about his own stuff just make fun of ours. Get a life buddy one day you will see the light and if not oh well I have.
This is the exact reason I haven't answered. Internet forums turn into witch hunts when someone with an education debunks all the snake oil with facts.

Now you want to turn your attention to my own personal belongings in an effort to diminish me. It's a funny thing that people like you think anyone who doesn't believe in snake oil is broke. Does it make you feel better to believe that people are broke, and can't afford a $1,000 power cable, simply because they just choose not to throw money at a product that is no better than the one they got for free with their amp? Am I talking bad about your under built 12 year old, mediocre at best, $1,250 amp that you think I can't afford? I would beg to differ that your "nice toys" aren't nice in my world, so your whole comment is laughable.

Here's a tip. Go back a read a few of my posts from the last 2 weeks and you will see what amp I use. I just bought another new one. I must have sold my food stamps for the past 20 years to afford it huh? I'm sure you'll find another spin so we don't have to talk about the truth any longer; that copper is copper.
shample is online now  
post #32179 of 32185 Unread Today, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3fnd View Post
I bet hes just upset he can't buy nice toys like we have
That's one of the more disheartening argument from the "speaker cable matters" crowd. Even in jest, it seems a little snooty.

Given the option between $5,000 speakers and $1,000 cable and $5,950 speakers and $50 cable, I feel that the latter would provide a greater difference in SQ. There are some who are happy buying $30k speakers and $2k cables, but for the vast majority of the population, any of the aforementioned figures seem a bit ridiculous.

And remember, this hobby is supposed to be fun!
cvinfig and shample like this.

amatuerholic is offline  
post #32180 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 10,285
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
UGH. I guess this is what happens...when people are waiting around, for new Contours

Otto...please expedite!
amatuerholic likes this.

FOUNDER - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)
CDLehner is offline  
post #32181 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I love cheap audio gear and audio bargains. I think all cables are more or less the same. I even think most amps are more or less the same if they are working ok. I have extremely expensive speakers with a $300 amp and $30 speaker cables. Sometimes its more how you say something than what you say. Dont need to be rude, or call people uneducated, or sheep.

I agree this is supposed to be fun. Stay classy San Diego
aschen is online now  
post #32182 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by shample View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3fnd View Post
This guy is nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothing, I bet hes just upset he can't buy nice toys like we have Just like the other trolls he wont talk about his own stuff just make fun of ours. Get a life buddy one day you will see the light and if not oh well I have.
This is the exact reason I haven't answered. Internet forums turn into witch hunts when someone with an education debunks all the snake oil with facts.

Now you want to turn your attention to my own personal belongings in an effort to diminish me. It's a funny thing that people like you think anyone who doesn't believe in snake oil is broke. Does it make you feel better to believe that people are broke, and can't afford a $1,000 power cable, simply because they just choose not to throw money at a product that is no better than the one they got for free with their amp? Am I talking bad about your under built 12 year old, mediocre at best, $1,250 amp that you think I can't afford? I would beg to differ that your "nice toys" aren't nice in my world, so your whole comment is laughable.

Here's a tip. Go back a read a few of my posts from the last 2 weeks and you will see what amp I use. I just bought another new one. I must have sold my food stamps for the past 20 years to afford it huh? I'm sure you'll find another spin so we don't have to talk about the truth any longer; that copper is copper.
Guess I was wrong. Still a f***ing prick.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #32183 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Guess I was wrong. Still a f***ing prick.
Thank you. Just as I stated. First, the clique looked to diminish my own belongings. That didn't work. Now the name calling starts. Great forum here.
shample is online now  
post #32184 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by shample View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Guess I was wrong. Still a f***ing prick.
Thank you. Just as I stated. First, the clique looked to diminish my own belongings. That didn't work. Now the name calling starts. Great forum here.
No actually you started the name calling. I'm telling you're being a prick with how you communicate. Just a friendly reminder to not be a prick on a public forum.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #32185 of 32185 Unread Today, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 238
This is painful...

amatuerholic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off