Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1074 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2861Likes

post #32191 of 32193 Old Today, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Wow, reading today's posts I was having cringe flashbacks to Monday nights debate...

shample, I don't believe anyone is trying to personally attack you or berate what you have, even though you have come off a little blunt and down putting in some of your replies. If someone wants to buy expensive cables so be it, it's their money and they have decided that it helps their system same with their choice of components.

Back on Dynaudio, those M5P's look pretty nice, I'm all for function over form especially if it will save some coin!
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32192 of 32193 Old Today, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Wow, reading today's posts I was having cringe flashbacks to Monday nights debate...

shample, I don't believe anyone is trying to personally attack you or berate what you have, even though you have come off a little blunt and down putting in some of your replies. If someone wants to buy expensive cables so be it, it's their money and they have decided that it helps their system same with their choice of components.

Back on Dynaudio, those M5P's look pretty nice, I'm all for function over form especially if it will save some coin!
Hope Otto can come back with a MSRP on those. I guessing 10 -15% less compared to the Platinums. That said I was all for sound over looks but at some point you may change your mind especially if you think they are your last speaker. I started with C1's in cherry because I cared more about the SQ over looks. But after 2 years the cherry looked cheap after seeing the gloss moca. So I went for the Sig's in moca and low and behold the sig's sounded better too. The upgraded crossover - internal wiring and the new coating on the Esotar2 made for a real nice difference.
yonson likes this.
post #32193 of 32193 Old Today, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Hope Otto can come back with a MSRP on those. I guessing 10 -15% less compared to the Platinums. That said I was all for sound over looks but at some point you may change your mind especially if you think they are your last speaker. I started with C1's in cherry because I cared more about the SQ over looks. But after 2 years the cherry looked cheap after seeing the gloss moca. So I went for the Sig's in moca and low and behold the sig's sounded better too. The upgraded crossover - internal wiring and the new coating on the Esotar2 made for a real nice difference.
Comparing the M5P to the current Evidence offerings, it looks like they are based off the Temptation, but not identical.

The M5P's are slightly taller, deeper, and weigh 2 kg more. The M5P's are only 89dB vs. 90dB for the Temptations however they are listed with IEC power of 550 watts vs. 500, also the crossover slopes are slightly different, 290, 480, 2200, 8500 vs. 300, 500, 2300, 8000.

With as dark as my music room is, looks really don't matter to me, but I can see where someone that needed WAF would want something nicer, and I really DO like my Mocca C4's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore