Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1105 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3382Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #33121 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjdk View Post
I could use some advice! Just got the Focus 210C center that matches my Focus 160 fronts and it sounds great. However I don't really feel it's necessary in my small living room.

Should I keep it in case I move to a bigger apartment somewhere down the line (I have no plans for this as I'm extremely happy with my current apartment) ?

Thing is, it's quite a lot of money to have tied up in something I may or may not be needing in X years time.

OTOH if I return it I will most likely not be able to get another when time comes, as it's discontinued.

What to do?
I'm in your shoes as well, I've decided just to sit on mine until I know exactly what my future plans are and know for sure I won't be using it. However if I could return it for what I gave for it I'd do that in a heartbeat, you should be able to find one eventually when you get a bigger place, it might take some time but they pop up for sale quite often. On another note in that time you might even find something else, I'm really thinking about selling all the equipment I'm not currently using to venture into the Raidho realm....
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
yonson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #33122 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Speaking of 210C's this one is straight from Dynaudio USA... SO cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynaudio-FOC...8AAOSwj85YPfSZ
yonson is offline  
post #33123 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I would be getting a little pissed off Oliver,it is now December and originally we were told October for the new ContoursOne thing I notice in all these demo videos of the new Contours,including the ones GT posted,they are always using BIG amps/monoblocks to drive them,I know they are not necessary to get sound,yet to get the BEST sound...I think they are
What do you suggest then to stay away from the 250 DR? Stick with the more powerful Brystons? i cannot do monos due to space constraint.

The problem happened with the Canadian distributor, if distribution was done by Dyn USA like it was a few years ago I would have my speakers already. I was at my dealer every time he contacted the rep. Imagine they did not even have the retail price up until 2 weeks ago, just shows how slow they move. Anyways I know they have my order placed but man even my dealer thinks they are sleeping on it.

Thanks Tony for the feedback.
Better get the 250 now before price increase next year.
Spurrier Sucks is offline  
post #33124 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Better get the 250 now before price increase next year.
I'll just get a demo if Ever get it, I am eying one but i will have to work something to be able to get it. Tony has helped me already. I would need to get the NAC272 if I went 250DR. I will probably have to listen to the combo C30 250DR before i officially pull the trigger.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
BigAl87 is online now  
post #33125 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Better get the 250 now before price increase next year.
I'll just get a demo if Ever get it, I am eying one but i will have to work something to be able to get it. Tony has helped me already. I would need to get the NAC272 if I went 250DR. I will probably have to listen to the combo C30 250DR before i officially pull the trigger.
Need a 272? Not really. Get a 282 or a 252. Then add a NDS later.
Spurrier Sucks is offline  
post #33126 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Need a 272? Not really. Get a 282 or a 252. Then add a NDS later.
272 is cheaper John

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
BigAl87 is online now  
post #33127 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Mal P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at getting a pair of the Stand 6s along with the adaptor plate for my original C1s. From what I read below, it seems if you have older C1s like mine, to securely mount onto the stand via the adaptor plate you have to SCREW INTO the speaker plinth and create NEW HOLES??

Am I reading this right? Anyone have newer C1s that have the supposed pre drilled holes for the Stand 6? I'm tempted to find a pair of old Stand 4s rather than essentially make holes in my C1!!

https://www.ketos.eu/stazeni-souboru...nterne-eng.pdf
Mal P is online now  
post #33128 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
hbjdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Thanks for some very good advice guys.
Well, I've been testing a lot today and it seems that I'm one of the people who thinks a "phantom centre" sounds better than using a centre channel, and by a large margin on that.
There's something about the way dialogue is chained to the centre of the screen with the centre channel which I find very unnatural/artificial sounding.
What's more, when I use the 210 C my fronts are reduced to handling minor stuff as, obviously, all dialogue is moved from the fronts to the centre channel.
Panning effects sound much better with a centre channel in the system though, however for the reason mentioned I will be returning the 210C after all.
hbjdk is online now  
post #33129 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Need a 272? Not really. Get a 282 or a 252. Then add a NDS later.
272 is cheaper John
True but it's not my money so why do I care?
Spurrier Sucks is offline  
post #33130 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal P View Post
I'm looking at getting a pair of the Stand 6s along with the adaptor plate for my original C1s. From what I read below, it seems if you have older C1s like mine, to securely mount onto the stand via the adaptor plate you have to SCREW INTO the speaker plinth and create NEW HOLES??

Am I reading this right? Anyone have newer C1s that have the supposed pre drilled holes for the Stand 6? I'm tempted to find a pair of old Stand 4s rather than essentially make holes in my C1!!

https://www.ketos.eu/stazeni-souboru...nterne-eng.pdf
The Stand4 doesn't use a top plate for the C1's. The posts screw directly into the bottom of the C1's. What finish are your C1's? I have a pair of Stand4's in black/chrome without emblems. I had the top and bottom plates re-painted at a body shop hence no emblems but I think I can still get them. I would rate mine 7/10. Send me a pm if interested. BTW the mounting for the original C1's are the same as the MKII/Signatures. I had both the original and the Sigs.

I know nothing about the Stand6 but drilling new holes in the C1's??? No fricken way IMO. Something sounds wrong. Hopefully Otto will chime in and set us straight.
OctaDyn_Dude is offline  
post #33131 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
I'm in your shoes as well, I've decided just to sit on mine until I know exactly what my future plans are and know for sure I won't be using it. However if I could return it for what I gave for it I'd do that in a heartbeat, you should be able to find one eventually when you get a bigger place, it might take some time but they pop up for sale quite often. On another note in that time you might even find something else, I'm really thinking about selling all the equipment I'm not currently using to venture into the Raidho realm....
Make sure you listen to the Raidho first and foremost. They are very different than Dyn's. More detail and speed due to the blacker background. Also don't expect much more than mid to upper 90db as far as loudness (depending on the model - D5's will peak at 105db). Because of the blacker background they are actually louder than you will perceive. Also Raidho really excels with really uber high end electronics and cables. Something to consider if and when you demo them. Dealers love to put the best up to demonstrate the best you can get out of a speaker regardless of brand.
yonson likes this.
OctaDyn_Dude is offline  
post #33132 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Make sure you listen to the Raidho first and foremost. They are very different than Dyn's. More detail and speed due to the blacker background. Also don't expect much more than mid to upper 90db as far as loudness (depending on the model - D5's will peak at 105db). Because of the blacker background they are actually louder than you will perceive. Also Raidho really excels with really uber high end electronics and cables. Something to consider if and when you demo them. Dealers love to put the best up to demonstrate the best you can get out of a speaker regardless of brand.
I wouldn't be getting them for SPL, they would be for a much smaller room in a location where I couldn't really crank them up anyway so D1.1's would be perfect.
yonson is offline  
post #33133 of 33134 Unread Yesterday, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,453
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Make sure you listen to the Raidho first and foremost. They are very different than Dyn's. More detail and speed due to the blacker background. Also don't expect much more than mid to upper 90db as far as loudness (depending on the model - D5's will peak at 105db). Because of the blacker background they are actually louder than you will perceive. Also Raidho really excels with really uber high end electronics and cables. Something to consider if and when you demo them. Dealers love to put the best up to demonstrate the best you can get out of a speaker regardless of brand.
George: In a matter of speaking!!! If I put that up on the Raidho thread I am sure you would give me crap! LOL I love the Raidho's and Scansonics more in a near-field position.. I think you hear much blacker backgrounds on "your" Raidho from the Int. Amp your using along with that excellent Dac. When I switched too Hegel I instantly heard better detail and back grounds than my Musical Fidelity piece I was using, but that unit was 14 years old. I agree always try to demo different pairs and see what you like, granted I was using Scansonic 2.5 up against my Confidence C2 and you know which one came out ahead... Now I plan on listening to the Raidho and New Contours at Tyler's new place... They are a different sound and preference is always a matter of opinion of course! Speed I will give to the Raidho, but remember there is another guy on here who just heard the D5.1 and he didn't quite like them!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #33134 of 33134 Unread Today, 12:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 864
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
What do you suggest then to stay away from the 250 DR? Stick with the more powerful Brystons? i cannot do monos due to space constraint.

The problem happened with the Canadian distributor, if distribution was done by Dyn USA like it was a few years ago I would have my speakers already. I was at my dealer every time he contacted the rep. Imagine they did not even have the retail price up until 2 weeks ago, just shows how slow they move. Anyways I know they have my order placed but man even my dealer thinks they are sleeping on it.

Thanks Tony for the feedback.
I was just making an observation about the monoblocks Oliver.The 250 dr should not have any problems with the c30,i had a pair of c1 platinums at home for a week when i first demoed the 272/250dr and it drove them with no issues at all,and i think the c1's are about the hardest speaker in the line up to drive.Otto has also stated that the new contours are easier to drive to higher spl's...no worries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	1808385  

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
no quarter is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off