Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3402Likes

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Well I guess you can sell your center channel then,I will be keeping mine.
Even I were to buy Contour C30s at some point I won't get rid of my 210C! I have 5 people watching tv and so having the dialogue pinned to the center of the tv is important. Not to mention to upgrade to the C25 or Confidence Center just isn't justifiable to me. For its size and performance its value is unmatched.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Even I were to buy Contour C30s at some point I won't get rid of my 210C! I have 5 people watching tv and so having the dialogue pinned to the center of the tv is important. Not to mention to upgrade to the C25 or Confidence Center just isn't justifiable to me. For its size and performance its value is unmatched.
I don't get it,first you call my post incorrect,where I say that I believe having a center is more accurate than "phantom center"...so I say you might as well sell it then if there is no difference.Then you say there is no way you would get rid of it because you like the pin point center image???Am I missing something here?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
My experience in this hobby so far is that regardless of whether you spent $5k or $50k on your system, people will think you’re nuts for spending whatever you did.

I picked up my Focus 160s for $2k when they were discontinued. They offer more performance per dollar than anything else I’ve owned. I was raving about their value at a party to a couple friends who are somewhat into audio and the other people around the party thought I was crazy for spending $2k on speakers. I told them the last pair of speakers I had downstairs cost $9200 (list) and then they look at me like I’m a leper and walk away from the conversation.

I’ve tried to talk a few non-audiophile friends into Sonos but they usually say something like “that’s way too expensive for me, I’m not an audiophile”. I’ve even met a few people who think Bose is “the top of the line” and their Lifestyle system is as good as it gets. They don’t think that some small company they never heard of could make something better.

I have friends who have owned toys like $45k convertibles, luxury SUVs, $30k Harleys, boats, $15k garden tractors, etc. and people think nothing of it. But these days, if you buy anything more than a basic soundbar or wireless speaker you are labeled an audiophile and assumed to have a screw loose. Unless you are a vinyl collecting urban hipster, then it’s cool.
For sure and even in this thread. Folks wanting to cheap out on the center channel. I am so completely the opposite on this subject. But my love is concerts over stereo. An awesome center is the coolest!

Thank goodness Dynaudio and KEF builds some great ones.

But it's funny the center gets no love.

Rick
no quarter likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm so confused by Dynaudio driver names / specs.

First, we seem to have model lines, like:

Esotar
Esotec+
Esotec

And then we have driver designations like...

18W75

...which seems to denote driver diameter and voicecoil diameter.

What's the secret decoder ring to decipher all of these?
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
For sure and even in this thread. Folks wanting to cheap out on the center channel. I am so completely the opposite on this subject. But my love is concerts over stereo. An awesome center is the coolest!

Thank goodness Dynaudio and KEF builds some great ones.

But it's funny the center gets no love.

Rick
I completely agree 100%.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
I don't get it,first you call my post incorrect,where I say that I believe having a center is more accurate than "phantom center"...so I say you might as well sell it then if there is no difference.Then you say there is no way you would get rid of it because you like the pin point center image???Am I missing something here?
Your missing a "CENTER CHANNEL" LOL All kidding aside I like having one, I tried it both ways and the voices seem more accurate coming from under my 100" screen verses setting it up Phantom mode... I just wheel my Center channel out when I want to use it during movies.
no quarter likes this.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Let me speaker hopefully more thoughtfully. Basically a phantom center is created because the downmix makes a mono signal of the center channel and pushes it through the L&R speakers. Any speaker of good quality should delineate the signals well enough that you won't "miss" the center channel if there 1-2 people listening.

I won't give up my center channel because there's often 4-5 people watching tv at my house in the main room. Since we sit width-wise the center channel keeps the dialog anchored to the center and makes it a more enjoyable listening experience for everyone. The 210C has clarity and punch, so good that I don't see the need to pay double to go up the ladder. Sure there are advantages that going up the ladder can offer, however when we discuss value the 210C is hard to beat. Hell the X22 Center was great with dialog but lacked the low end dynamics.

Also, I never said I wanted or didn't want the center channel, I have one for a reason, but sans the CC phantom mode can still sound really good.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD

Last edited by callas01; Yesterday at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore