Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3431Likes

post #33211 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal P View Post
I'm looking at getting a pair of the Stand 6s along with the adaptor plate for my original C1s. From what I read below, it seems if you have older C1s like mine, to securely mount onto the stand via the adaptor plate you have to SCREW INTO the speaker plinth and create NEW HOLES??

Am I reading this right? Anyone have newer C1s that have the supposed pre drilled holes for the Stand 6? I'm tempted to find a pair of old Stand 4s rather than essentially make holes in my C1!!

https://www.ketos.eu/stazeni-souboru...nterne-eng.pdf
This is correct,the original C1's were designed for the Stand 4. The Stand 6 design doesn't work with the attachment method of the Stand 4, so we went with adapter plates instead, when introducing the Platinum. If you are using an older speaker with the newer stand, this is the only option you have.

Otto Jørgensen
Customer Care Manager, Denmark
Dynaudio A/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33212 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
Why is there always so much discussion regarding "Raidho Speakers" on the Dynaudio Owners Thread? Should Raidho not have their own forum page?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
Why is there always so much discussion regarding "Raidho Speakers" on the Dynaudio Owners Thread? Should Raidho not have their own forum page?
There is a Scansonic/Raidho thread, but I think it's pretty lonely over there. So they come to this thread and try to get some love here.
I think some people call it conversation. Problem is there are some people that get all offended by conversation. Sad when one of the offended is a guy that has been banned a couple of times. Even when people help get him back on this thread he still does does the same nonsense. Dynaudio speakers are great. Hope that satisfies you.
post #33213 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
So today I wnet to my dealer to get a look irl on the new contours. They look so nice!!

But..... Oh my ffffff god the C60 are big. Holy shhh*****! And the woofers are so large! Didn't expect that. Definetly not for small rooms hehe.

They made the XD600 look like a pair of thin short delicate speakers.
Did you get to listen to them?
post #33214 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 26
No. Didn't have the time today unfortunately.
post #33215 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchnerd View Post
I'm so confused by Dynaudio driver names / specs.

First, we seem to have model lines, like:

Esotar
Esotec+
Esotec

And then we have driver designations like...

18W75

...which seems to denote driver diameter and voicecoil diameter.

What's the secret decoder ring to decipher all of these?
To be honest, we have not been very consistent when it comes to the naming schemes of our drivers. This is mostly due to the fact that we are no longer selling individual drivers. We are not trying to create lineups of drivers that are easy to understand, as we don't want you to buy drivers, but to buy speakers. Our drivers, especially our woofers, are available in many different variants, and it's not easy to draw lines between them, as the differences are not straight forward. And in many cases we do not tell you what the actual difference is, for several reasons. Sometimes a difference that is small on paper makes a huge difference in sound. Sometimes it's the opposite. For this reason we are actually trying not to put too much emphasis on the individual component details, however it's a balance as this is exactly the details that most enthusiasts want to hear... So for instance for the new Contour we are going a bit deeper in detail than what we have usually done.

But, generally speaking, for instance 18 W 75 tells you that you have an 18 cm Woofer (W) with a 75 mm voice coil. But that doesn't actually say much, other than the size. There are a LOT of variations within one size, as you may imagine. Esotar is our marketing name for our top of the line tweeters (and is also used for high-end aftermarket car woofers, with no underlying logic other than to say "this is the best one"). We don't actually have a defined set of features that make out an Esotar, other than to say that it's the best we have.

Esotec started out as the name for the D260 tweeter, and has since been used to varying degrees to designate a level of quality that is below the Esotar, but above what we call our "standard" drivers (which actually don't really have a marketing name as such). Esotec+ basically means a driver using Ferrite+ magnets, but again there can be many variations.

In short, other than the crude definitions of Esotar vs Esotec vs Standard, we currently don't really have a meaningful way of publicly differentiating the drivers from each other. We are looking into how to make this more transparent, but as we are developing the drivers to work optimally for each speaker, not to have it fit into a certain pre-defined lineup of features, it's not a simple project. And we don't want to make worse sounding speakers, just for the sake of putting more "logic" into the feature naming of the drivers. It can be very restrictive to the R&D process to pre-define a set of rules for which features go into each lineup. To give an example, we have a very different set of priorities for a 17W75 woofer in a two way speaker with a crossover point around 2 kHz, and an 18W75 woofer that would go into a three-way with a crossover point at, say, 300 Hz. Looking at the feature list of the drivers, it might not be obvious why we would abandon certain features for the more expensive three-way, when we are touting them as key features for the same size driver in a two-way. But the requirements for a driver are vastly different, depending on the frequency range you are using it in. Because of this, it can be extremely complex to evaluate the quality of a driver, based on the features that go into it. Which also explains why, for instance, a few of our drivers use copper voice coils, while we are at the same time touting aluminum voice coils as superior for most of our products. They are used in different ways.

I'm not sure that's the answer you were looking for, but this is the main reasons why that answer doesn't really exist...

Otto Jørgensen
Customer Care Manager, Denmark
Dynaudio A/S
post #33216 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReeter View Post
A very nice Integrated that I cant tell you the name of, S.S. for sure. The 30's were the only model they had in stock, I would have loved to have heard the 20's and the 60's also.

I can tell you this, you don't have to close your eyes for the speakers to disappear, the staging and imaging were incredible, and smooth as Buttah.

They also had some huge Focal's driven by a mega Boulder amp. that really didn't better the C30's by much at all.

The 30's will be my next speaker, just not available in the color I want.not yet anyway.
I can agree with this statement. Sublime. Coherent. But perhaps also laid back, polite.
MReeter likes this.

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA>DIN | Tellurium Q Black 3M

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)

post #33217 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Pretty sure C60 would never get wife approval in my case. This leaves C20, C30, and Special40 (maybe).

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)

post #33218 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
I can agree with this statement. Sublime. Coherent. But perhaps also laid back, polite.
My system can use a laid back, warm and polite upper end. I think the C30's would be a perfect fit.

Going to commit to a pair very soon😉
GTaudiophile likes this.
post #33219 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My system can use a laid back, warm and polite upper end. I think the C30's would be a perfect fit.

What are you currently running? What is your setup? 404 signature not found.

post #33220 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
What are you currently running? What is your setup? 404 signature not found.
I have a Rogue Audio based set up, with a pair of M-180 Monoblocks amps driven by a Perseus Preamp and an Ares Phono Preamp.

Main source is a VPI Classic Signature tipped with a SoundSmith Zephyr.

I can obviously influence the tone by rolling various tubes, I strive for detailed, yet smooth...I'm new to Dynaudio, I was impressed with the C30's.
Garman likes this.
post #33221 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:

Any idea what color you will go with,I see you listed your gear,but what speakers are you using currently?It seems like everyone that posts here and are thinking Contour,are going for the c30's so far...waiting for someone to order some 20's,to get their feedback on those.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #33222 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Any idea what color you will go with,I see you listed your gear,but what speakers are you using currently?It seems like everyone that posts here and are thinking Contour,are going for the c30's so far...waiting for someone to order some 20's,to get their feedback on those.
I have a modified pair of Polk Audio SDA 3.1TL's in place now. While they are dated, they sound quite good, I demoed a pair of Kef R900's in my rig and they really didn't better the old Polk's by much, certainly not 5K worth.

The C30's tripped my trigger though, would love to have the Gloss Gray Oak, but that finish comes at a premium. My second choice would be the standard Walnut.

The dealer says his supplier only has one pair of White, but a container full is coming soon.

My rig is strictly 2-channel in a 15' x 17' room, I think the C30's will be a perfect fit for my space. I'm sure the C20's would be very good as well, I just don't want to incorporate a sub if I have a choice.
post #33223 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
I have a Rogue Audio based set up, with a pair of M-180 Monoblocks amps driven by a Perseus Preamp and an Ares Phono Preamp.

Main source is a VPI Classic Signature tipped with a SoundSmith Zephyr.

I can obviously influence the tone by rolling various tubes, I strive for detailed, yet smooth...I'm new to Dynaudio, I was impressed with the C30's.
Tubes/hot glass - Now your talking What output tubes are you favorites? My 3 favorites were original TS 6550 solid black and grey plates and Ei KT90's back when I had the Octave V70SE and V110 with my C1 Sig's. If you like detailed and smooth without being overly warm those Ei KT90's kicked Butt (I still have 5 quads). Hard to find but never not overly priced like original TS and Gold Lions. Re-issue Gold Lions (not original) are very nice for the money. Original Gold Lions are very much like Eat KT88 Diamonds. Super detailed and linear being too much like SS sounding. Sorry but IMO the V110 was designed for the TS KT120 and that has be the worst tube I've ever heard. Just wish I was able to hear the KT150's but I traded the Octave before getting to hear them.
post #33224 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

@Otto J Speaking of car audio, are there any Esotar systems like the Esotec system 242? All I have been able to find is individual components.
post #33225 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
@Otto J Speaking of car audio, are there any Esotar systems like the Esotec system 242? All I have been able to find is individual components.
For Esotar we don't sell a complete package, but a pair of 110, a pair of 650, and a pair of EX2-650 crossovers give you the Esotar equivalent to a 242 system.
yonson likes this.
post #33226 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Thanks Otto, I didn't realize the 110's were the car tweeters, those are way too big for my application, I guess I'll just go with the System 242...
post #33227 of 33239 Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I think some people call it conversation. Problem is there are some people that get all offended by conversation. Sad when one of the offended is a guy that has been banned a couple of times. Even when people help get him back on this thread he still does does the same nonsense. Dynaudio speakers are great. Hope that satisfies you.
I have no issues talking about other speakers in here! I happen to like both, as I obviously started the Raidho/Scansonic thread on AVS. They are both great speakers so pick your poison, but if your going to try to convince people in here to buy Scansonic/Raidho expect to get a crapload of sarcasm and intense conversation as you don't see the latter happening in the other thread. Lots of Ex-Dynaudio guys in here still and I have zero issues with that and them talking about other brands, just as long as you keep it civil and don't act like a snake oil salesmen. I am in the business of selling off of Science (medical), and in audio world some times that couldn't be further from the truth! Good old "psychoacoustics" and I always love the definition: "the branch of psychology concerned with the perception of sound and its physiological effects". Of course when it comes to speakers it's personal preference, hell I like the sound of Maggies over Raidho or Scansonic's, and they are a s h i t loads less expensive and made in Minnesota! Doesn't mean I dislike the other 2 brands, just prefer one over another! I think George likes sparking good conversation, he is a good guy and consider him a friend and I will always give him crap when he flips his switch into Raidho mode on here! He's just a lot more passionate about one brand verses another, that's how I see it.. Borderdog is just as passionate about Dynaudio as George is with Raidho, and in Aaron defense he got banned for sticking up for a few other members because of a few rude people who popped in here and turned the thread into a bitch session, he just has less of a filter than some of us. On a more positive note: Enjoy what you own and always enjoy the music!
no quarter and Winston62 like this.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 11:28 PM.
post #33228 of 33239 Old Today, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I have no issues talking about other speakers in here! I happen to like both, as I obviously started the Raidho/Scansonic thread on AVS. They are both great speakers so pick your poison, but if your going to try to convince people in here to buy Scansonic/Raidho expect to get a crapload of sarcasm and intense conversation as you don't see the latter happening in the other thread. Lots of Ex-Dynaudio guys in here still and I have zero issues with that and them talking about other brands, just as long as you keep it civil and don't act like a snake oil salesmen. I am in the business of selling off of Science (medical), and in audio world some times that couldn't be further from the truth! Good old "psychoacoustics" and I always love the definition: "the branch of psychology concerned with the perception of sound and its physiological effects". Of course when it comes to speakers it's personal preference, hell I like the sound of Maggies over Raidho or Scansonic's, and they are a s h i t loads less expensive and made in Minnesota! Doesn't mean I dislike the other 2 brands, just prefer one over another! I think George likes sparking good conversation, he is a good guy and consider him a friend and I will always give him crap when he flips his switch into Raidho mode on here! He's just a lot more passionate about one brand verses another, that's how I see it.. Borderdog is just as passionate about Dynaudio as George is with Raidho, and in Aaron defense he got banned for sticking up for a few other members because of a few rude people who popped in here and turned the thread into a bitch session, he just has less of a filter than some of us. On a more positive note: Enjoy what you own and always enjoy the music!
I think Borderdog's comments to George had a touch of sarcasm in there,as were John's(Spurrier sucks) comments to Borderdog.The thing about these forums,it is hard to tell if someone is taking a friendly stab at you,or just being a dick,without the appropriate emoji attached.I still own 2 pairs of Dyn's,but run Taksim's in my 2 channel room,where most of the talk is about here,but the only Taksim thread I could find is deader than a doornail,so you guys are stuck with me.
I like discussing other speakers myself,I mean,just because we have moved on to another brand,does not mean it is forever,and we may have some helpful information for "newbie's" that know nothing about Dyn's and are seeking advice.What is wrong with saying,you want detail,check out Raidho,you want ear bleeding,check out Klipsch,you want balanced,stick with Dyn etc.
Borderdog likes this.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #33229 of 33239 Old Today, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
I think Borderdog's comments to George had a touch of sarcasm in there,as were John's(Spurrier sucks) comments to Borderdog.The thing about these forums,it is hard to tell if someone is taking a friendly stab at you,or just being a dick,without the appropriate emoji attached.I still own 2 pairs of Dyn's,but run Taksim's in my 2 channel room,where most of the talk is about here,but the only Taksim thread I could find is deader than a doornail,so you guys are stuck with me.
I like discussing other speakers myself,I mean,just because we have moved on to another brand,does not mean it is forever,and we may have some helpful information for "newbie's" that know nothing about Dyn's and are seeking advice.What is wrong with saying,you want detail,check out Raidho,you want ear bleeding,check out Klipsch,you want balanced,stick with Dyn etc.
I have zero issues as stated talking about other speakers, but if it's daily and your constantly talking about another brand then you should take it to that thread, I mean even the Mods monitor this. You don't see me taking about Dynaudio constantly on the Raidho/Scansonic thread nor would I, but that's me.

On another note: I hopefully will be able to compare a pair of Contour 20 and some Raidho XT-1 or D1.1 down the road when Tyler gets his new place opened. But first I need to make more money, 4 years of killing it and the bastards jacked up my quota! LOL
hbjdk likes this.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; Today at 12:34 AM.
post #33230 of 33239 Old Today, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yeah. I think it is pretty uncalled for to attack Borderdog like that, and mentioning stuff from his past on this forum. In my oppinion he have kept it very civil and being informative, helping out and staying on topic; which is what is we all should strive for, yes?

On another topic, my dealer yesterday also told me something very interesting. That an upcoming firmware update for the XDs will also make an improvement to the sound. Pretty cool! Was hoping with the DSP and all they would be able to do this via firmware updates. Great support from Dynaudio if this holds true!

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer
post #33231 of 33239 Old Today, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
Yeah. I think it is pretty uncalled for to attack Borderdog like that, and mentioning stuff from his past on this forum. In my oppinion he have kept it very civil and being informative, helping out and staying on topic; which is what is we all should strive for, yes?

On another topic, my dealer yesterday also told me something very interesting. That an upcoming firmware update for the XDs will also make an improvement to the sound. Pretty cool! Was hoping with the DSP and all they would be able to do this via firmware updates. Great support from Dynaudio if this holds true!
Well that is good to hear,any idea when this will be?Otto?

post #33232 of 33239 Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
This is correct,the original C1's were designed for the Stand 4. The Stand 6 design doesn't work with the attachment method of the Stand 4, so we went with adapter plates instead, when introducing the Platinum. If you are using an older speaker with the newer stand, this is the only option you have.
Thanks Otto. I'll just sit them on the top plate until I can find a pair of Platinums

Speaking of which if anyone has a pair of Stand 6s they'd like to part with let me know.
post #33233 of 33239 Old Today, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
The thing about these forums,it is hard to tell if someone is taking a friendly stab at you,or just being a dick,without the appropriate emoji attached.
I Agree

Quote:
I like discussing other speakers myself,I mean,just because we have moved on to another brand,does not mean it is forever,and we may have some helpful information for "newbie's" that know nothing about Dyn's and are seeking advice.
I know I benefitted from the advice on Dynaudio in this thread after moving on from Energy and I'm really thankful for all the input and advice I received.

Congrats on finding the sound you love in the Taksim!
no quarter likes this.
post #33234 of 33239 Old Today, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Liked: 431
The new Marantz PM 10 will be a nice way to drive the Contours or Confidence speakers:
And we are getting closer to the release date:
http://www.whathifi.com/news/marantz...eference-range

200W into 8ohms and 400 into 4ohms..
post #33235 of 33239 Old Today, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Tubes/hot glass - Now your talking What output tubes are you favorites? My 3 favorites were original TS 6550 solid black and grey plates and Ei KT90's back when I had the Octave V70SE and V110 with my C1 Sig's. If you like detailed and smooth without being overly warm those Ei KT90's kicked Butt (I still have 5 quads). Hard to find but never not overly priced like original TS and Gold Lions. Re-issue Gold Lions (not original) are very nice for the money. Original Gold Lions are very much like Eat KT88 Diamonds. Super detailed and linear being too much like SS sounding. Sorry but IMO the V110 was designed for the TS KT120 and that has be the worst tube I've ever heard. Just wish I was able to hear the KT150's but I traded the Octave before getting to hear them.
My only experience with Power Tubes has been with EL-34's, KT-90's and the KT-120's. I loved the warm, lush top end and midrange of the EL-34's even though they were lacking a bit in the low end.

The KT-90's brought the low end that the EL-34's lacked, I wished for a tube that displayed the characteristics of both, for me that was the KT-120.

My experiences with the KT-120 have been different than yours, they sound very good in the Rogue gear.

I'm going to try the KT-77 one day, but first, I've got to save my shillings for a pair of Contour 30's
post #33236 of 33239 Old Today, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 130
You guys have to understand one thing. George and I have been taking jabs at each other for years. We have always kept it relatively friendly.

Last year at Chicago Expona, George and I met face-to-face for the first time. We had some great conversations (not always audio related) and since we are about the same age, (and probably the two oldest posters on this thread), we could agree and disagree without any malice. Maybe it's because George and I have similar filters. Hey guys, once you get into your early 60's you'll understand.

Anyways, the next day George brought me a 6-pack of this wonderful ale.
So, I forgive George for his infatuation with Raidho and his belief that there is no corruption in Chicago politics.

Borderdog
no quarter likes this.
post #33237 of 33239 Old Today, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Thanks Otto, I didn't realize the 110's were the car tweeters, those are way too big for my application, I guess I'll just go with the System 242...
Yonson,

A few years ago I tricked out the sound system on my Chevy HD2500 pickup. It was an extended cab with an 8' bed. (You needed a football field to turn it).

From what I've seen they haven't changed the Esotec line much over the years, but I'm sure they have tweaked the drivers and crossovers some. I don't see it listed now, but I was able to get a kit with: 2-Esotec X 252 crossovers, 2-Esotec MW 172 drivers, and 2-Esotec MD 102 tweeters. (I believe then were labeled MW 170, and MD 100). I believe the kit was called the "System 262". I also used a 10" MW 180(182) subwoofer. They didn't have the Esotar line of car audio drivers then. But, I did have Esotar tweets in the house system.

I took the panels off my doors, took up parts of the carpet, and installed sound damping materials in the doors and the floor. I think it's a product from Cascade. The inside of my truck driving 75MPH was about 70dB, which is really quiet.

Luckily I didn't have to cut any metal on my doors. I did have to cut a little bit on the inside door panels, though. All the drivers were mounted on MDF rings I made. I was still able to put the factory grills over everything to hide the drivers from curious eyes. Also used the factory head unit, which at the time was made by Delco. I used the factory head unit because one, the Delco unit was better than most aftermarket and two, it kept everything stealthy. So that way, anybody peaking inside my truck didn't see a high-end installation. All the amps were mounted on a panel I installed behind the rear seats; therefore,not visible.
The subwoofer box I built was sized to the Thiel/Small parameters of the MW 180 and fit perfectly under the rear seats and across the floor hump, again stealthy. I fired the sub down. The box was painted gray to match the gray leather interior.

This system was extremely balanced and capable down to 25Hz without that one-note thump that so many installations have. I use to have fun with some of my friends who like rap. I'd ask them if they had any hip-hop Cd's. They would sit in my truck, I'd pop in one of their CD's and listen to my system with their jaws dropped to their chest. It was fun seeing those reactions.

One of my employees and I were driving to work one morning and sad to say, a tractor/trailer bought my truck. Luckily, no one was hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2409.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	1816817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2020.jpg
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	1816825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	1816833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2025.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	1816841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1743.jpg
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	1816849  

no quarter and KenM10759 like this.
post #33238 of 33239 Old Today, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 57
As someone who is many times reading this forum on a iPad Mini, I gotta say it's a little annoying having to scroll over all this Raidho-talk.

Of course I could just get a bigger iPad
post #33239 of 33239 Old Today, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
You guys have to understand one thing. George and I have been taking jabs at each other for years. We have always kept it relatively friendly.

Last year at Chicago Expona, George and I met face-to-face for the first time. We had some great conversations (not always audio related) and since we are about the same age, (and probably the two oldest posters on this thread), we could agree and disagree without any malice. Maybe it's because George and I have similar filters. Hey guys, once you get into your early 60's you'll understand.

Anyways, the next day George brought me a 6-pack of this wonderful ale.
So, I forgive George for his infatuation with Raidho and his belief that there is no corruption in Chicago politics.

Borderdog
Good. Then we can continue our conversation of all things audio with a strong lean toward Dynaudio. However if Geotge gas a belief of no corruption in Chicago politics then by all means let's hammer him for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page