Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3443Likes

post #33241 of 33247 Old Today, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by analog8 View Post
Any updates on availability in the US for the new Contour series? I am assuming the December date is DOA, is January likely now?

Do any US dealers have them in their showrooms yet?
If you are in the Chicago land areas then you can go to ProMusica. They have it on display as of now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33242 of 33247 Old Today, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
If you are in the Chicago land areas then you can go to ProMusica. They have it on display as of now.
JS Audio in Bethesda, MD has C20/30.
post #33243 of 33247 Old Today, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
Yeah. I think it is pretty uncalled for to attack Borderdog like that, and mentioning stuff from his past on this forum. In my oppinion he have kept it very civil and being informative, helping out and staying on topic; which is what is we all should strive for, yes?

On another topic, my dealer yesterday also told me something very interesting. That an upcoming firmware update for the XDs will also make an improvement to the sound. Pretty cool! Was hoping with the DSP and all they would be able to do this via firmware updates. Great support from Dynaudio if this holds true!
I just went on the Dyn website looking for any future update information,could not see anything,but on the firmware update page,you can send Dyn your email address and the model number you have(xd 600) and they will alert you when updates are available for your speakers...kind of nice of them

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #33244 of 33247 Old Today, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
You guys have to understand one thing. George and I have been taking jabs at each other for years. We have always kept it relatively friendly.

Last year at Chicago Expona, George and I met face-to-face for the first time. We had some great conversations (not always audio related) and since we are about the same age, (and probably the two oldest posters on this thread), we could agree and disagree without any malice. Maybe it's because George and I have similar filters. Hey guys, once you get into your early 60's you'll understand.

Anyways, the next day George brought me a 6-pack of this wonderful ale.
So, I forgive George for his infatuation with Raidho and his belief that there is no corruption in Chicago politics.

Borderdog
Hey Aaron I think both you and Gar forget I was as a die hard Dyn fan as much you guys are today. Tyler will testify to that. First I've never bashed Dyn's and like I have always said they can not be beat for the money. That said IMO (that means In My Opinion) they (Dyn's) can be beat. But it will come for a price. For most we are not talking chump change. Little things like family come first. I understand that and would argue with anyone who doesn't think so. Again IMO the day I heard the Raidho's it was a sound I couldn't get out of my head for months. It's very different. Like I also said they are a lot harder to get the position right. But when you do it's something else. I made the decision to get them and not think about the sound I heard. Who knows I may not be around tomorrow. All I'm trying to say whether or not they are in your budget is just listen to them when set up properly. It's magical and different. IMO more lifelike with a lot more detail (not that Dyn's have no detail because they do). Dyn's are much easier set up to sound their best. Again I thought C1 sigs were never going anywhere. BUT I heard something I liked better.

No corruption in Chicago?? Dude it's not just ChiRaq but the whole state. I can't think of the last elected Governor who wasn't brought up on charges even at our age BTW that was't an Ale it was an IPA I gave you and Gar. Zombie Dust from a local brewery that is very popular and hard to get and because of that Learn your Brews Dude
yonson likes this.

Last edited by OctaDyn_Dude; Today at 08:00 PM.
post #33245 of 33247 Old Today, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Hey Aaron I think both you and Gar forget I was as a die hard Dyn fan as much you guys are today. Tyler will testify to that. First I've never bashed Dyn's and like I have always said they can not be beat for the money. That said IMO (that means In My Opinion) they (Dyn's) can be beat. But it will come for a price. For most we are not talking chump change. Little things like family come first. I understand that and would argue with anyone who doesn't think so. Again IMO the day I heard the Raidho's it was a sound I couldn't get out of my head for months. It's very different. Like I also said they are a lot harder to get the position right. But when you do it's something else. I made the decision to get them and not think about the sound I heard. Who knows I may not be around tomorrow. All I'm trying to say whether or not they are in your budget is just listen to them when set up properly. It's magical and different. IMO more lifelike with a lot more detail (not that Dyn's have no detail because they do). Dyn's are much easier set up to sound their best. Again I thought C1 sigs were never going anywhere. BUT I heard something I liked better.

No corruption in Chicago?? Dude it's not just ChiRaq but the whole state. I can't think of the last elected Governor who wasn't brought up on charges even at our age BTW that was't an Ale it was an IPA I gave you and Gar. Zombie Dust from a local brewery that is very popular and hard to get and because of that Learn your Brews Dude
I still owe you some Spotted Squirrel and some Capital Amber.. When Tyler gets his place done, well for me it will have to be April just before Axpona I will bring some down and check out Tylers new place and hopefully by then I will have enough cash for the new Contour 20's..

George: for the way you have your room setup, I think they Raidho's work better for you than the Dynaudio's, because of the Near-field foot print. You can sit much closer to them than any other floor stander I have heard...

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #33246 of 33247 Old Today, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Yonson,

A few years ago I tricked out the sound system on my Chevy HD2500 pickup. It was an extended cab with an 8' bed. (You needed a football field to turn it).

From what I've seen they haven't changed the Esotec line much over the years, but I'm sure they have tweaked the drivers and crossovers some. I don't see it listed now, but I was able to get a kit with: 2-Esotec X 252 crossovers, 2-Esotec MW 172 drivers, and 2-Esotec MD 102 tweeters. (I believe then were labeled MW 170, and MD 100). I believe the kit was called the "System 262". I also used a 10" MW 180(182) subwoofer. They didn't have the Esotar line of car audio drivers then. But, I did have Esotar tweets in the house system.

I took the panels off my doors, took up parts of the carpet, and installed sound damping materials in the doors and the floor. I think it's a product from Cascade. The inside of my truck driving 75MPH was about 70dB, which is really quiet.

Luckily I didn't have to cut any metal on my doors. I did have to cut a little bit on the inside door panels, though. All the drivers were mounted on MDF rings I made. I was still able to put the factory grills over everything to hide the drivers from curious eyes. Also used the factory head unit, which at the time was made by Delco. I used the factory head unit because one, the Delco unit was better than most aftermarket and two, it kept everything stealthy. So that way, anybody peaking inside my truck didn't see a high-end installation. All the amps were mounted on a panel I installed behind the rear seats; therefore,not visible.
The subwoofer box I built was sized to the Thiel/Small parameters of the MW 180 and fit perfectly under the rear seats and across the floor hump, again stealthy. I fired the sub down. The box was painted gray to match the gray leather interior.

This system was extremely balanced and capable down to 25Hz without that one-note thump that so many installations have. I use to have fun with some of my friends who like rap. I'd ask them if they had any hip-hop Cd's. They would sit in my truck, I'd pop in one of their CD's and listen to my system with their jaws dropped to their chest. It was fun seeing those reactions.

One of my employees and I were driving to work one morning and sad to say, a tractor/trailer bought my truck. Luckily, no one was hurt.
Very nice! I installed for many years, and always had decent systems in my vehicles until I got tired of them getting stolen and just gave it up. Now I'm doing something very similar to what you did. I have a 2016 F-150 Regular cab and even though I have the best stereo offered for it (Sat-Nav with door speakers and tweeters in the A pillars along with a center channel) you can turn it all the way up and it's like my Chevy work truck at 60% volume. I'm going to do the System 242 along with a sealed JL Audio 10 or maybe 12 with everything run off either a Hertz or Audison 4 channel amp.
post #33247 of 33247 Old Today, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Very nice! I installed for many years, and always had decent systems in my vehicles until I got tired of them getting stolen and just gave it up. Now I'm doing something very similar to what you did. I have a 2016 F-150 Regular cab and even though I have the best stereo offered for it (Sat-Nav with door speakers and tweeters in the A pillars along with a center channel) you can turn it all the way up and it's like my Chevy work truck at 60% volume. I'm going to do the System 242 along with a sealed JL Audio 10 or maybe 12 with everything run off either a Hertz or Audison 4 channel amp.
Yonson, love JL gear I had 2 cars with 2 full JL systems except for the deck in the past both had 3 subs setups and VR components. At that time I had some serious long range alarm system on the car but yes the idea of having the system stolen was always in the back of my head as those guys know what the hell they are doing and they certainly know how to disengage even the most advance anti theft syste that existed in the late 90s.

Anyways that was a good reason for me for wanting a JL sub at home since I thought they always sounded terrific and musical.

I now just use what ever stock system i have in my car.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore