Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3822Likes

post #34021 of 34025 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Send a message via Skype™ to emflorence
Just put an order on my new Focus 600XD

Thanks for all help i got during the search for my new floorstand.

Basicaly now i need to decide wich transport to use, Lumin, Aurender, Naim, Auralic, etc...

Suggestions?

Regards,
Eduardo

My system:
Mains: Dynaudio Special 25, Central: Dynaudio Focus 220c, Surround: Dynaudio Audience 42
Pre-processor: Krell HTS 7.1, Power Amplifier: Krell S1500/5
DAC: Electrocompaniet ECD-1, Fonts: Oppo 93, AppleTV 2, Squeezebox Touch
Turntable: Avid Ingenium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34022 of 34025 Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by emflorence View Post

Basicaly now i need to decide wich transport to use, Lumin, Aurender, Naim, Auralic, etc...

Suggestions?

Regards,
Eduardo
Congrats,as I told you by PM,I found that a better source feeding the digital signal DOES improve the sound dramatically to my ears...so I would say Naim,Lumin and Aurender would be a good place to start looking,Otto may have better options though,since he works for Dyn,I still have not tried the Connect hub.
So are you getting the old model,isn't the latest called xd 60?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #34023 of 34025 Old Today, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

Suggestions?

Regards,
Eduardo
It depends.
Where is your music collection stored?
What streaming services do you want to use (Tidal, Qobuz, internet radio, Spotify, etc.)?
Do you want to control playback via a computer, or a tablet or phone? If the latter, Apple or Android?
Do you have other devices/players that you will be streaming music to as well?
Do you fancy Roon?

Of the ones you mentioned, I think Aurender is a bad choice unless you are dead set against streaming your music collection from a NAS or computer. They are expensive and only support Tidal and Qobuz services. The Lumin players are awesome, but the transport-only U1 is too expensive IMO. As far as I know, Naim doesn't make a network player without a DAC.

I store my music on a NAS and stream it via DLNA to various devices around the home. I also use Tidal and internet radio. I use an iPad Mini and my Android phone to control playback. I occasionally stream YouTube etc. from my laptop via AirPlay. I have an Auralic Aries Mini which I use in a modest outdoor system on my patio. Based on my experience with it, I recommend you look at the Auralic Aries and Aries LE if your use case resembles mine. Another one I can recommend is the Simaudio MiND, with one caveat that it doesn't support Roon (if that matters to you), although that may be coming in the future since Simaudio has Roon-certified some of its DACs.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active

post #34024 of 34025 Old Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:

Suggestions?

Regards,
Eduardo
Don't forget to consider the Elac Discovery as well

post #34025 of 34025 Old Today, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Send a message via Skype™ to emflorence
Basically i will be using a Sinology NAS and Tidal and an Apple TV. All my controls will come from apple devices, iPad's or even iPhones, if it does allows it.

USB is also good, it just add ore flexibility, but i guess almost all sollution would enable me using it. I pretend in the future buy the Oppo 205, but i am not sure if i would be getting Tidal with it. For now, I don't care much about Roon.

I see you got a Linn DS, Red, is it also a good solution? and how Auralic Aries do compare to it?

I noted there is also a new solution from Bryston.

I am looking right now for the best sound quality... this first survey will not consider the costs of equipment (but it will also look for somethind that does not go over U$5k). At least i would be able to list the options in the market and see reviews from the internet. Here in Brazil, its hard to get a demo or an audiction at a dealer.

Red, i am considering Aurender, do you think is is a good solution considering SQ, or Auralic Aires beats it or Luimin D1 (since i will need the digital out, i am not sure it T1 will make a huge difference)?

Regards,
Eduardo

My system:
Mains: Dynaudio Special 25, Central: Dynaudio Focus 220c, Surround: Dynaudio Audience 42
Pre-processor: Krell HTS 7.1, Power Amplifier: Krell S1500/5
DAC: Electrocompaniet ECD-1, Fonts: Oppo 93, AppleTV 2, Squeezebox Touch
Turntable: Avid Ingenium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page