Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3937Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #34171 of 34197 Old 03-17-2017, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mr. Integration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Coral Springs Florida
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
You see,after reading Mr Integrations post about the future,I am sitting back and waiting for at least a year before any new speaker purchase,I do believe he knows a little something.
You won't need to wait a year to be dazzled. New Products likely shipping every quarter this year
no quarter likes this.

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
Mr. Integration is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34172 of 34197 Old 03-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I have not posted in while as i was getting frustrated by the long delay of delivery of my C-30 and I finally got the good news Wednesday, my dealer has finally received my C-30s and will be taking delivery next week.

Needless to say I am super excited and looking forward to give you my impressions guys
Garman, MReeter, Bluvette and 7 others like this.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .

Last edited by BigAl87; 03-17-2017 at 09:32 PM.
BigAl87 is offline  
post #34173 of 34197 Old 03-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
I have not posted in while as i was getting frustrated by the long delay of delivery of my C-30 and I finally got the good news Wednesday, my dealer has finally received my C-30s and will be taking delivery next week.

Needless to say I am super excited and looking forward to give you my impressions guys
I was told that the Focus are in short supply, the initial demand caught them by surprise!
unbalanced output is offline  
 
post #34174 of 34197 Old 03-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalanced output View Post
I was told that the Focus are in short supply, the initial demand caught them by surprise!
Were you trying to say the Contour was short supply? Anyhow, Yes They were indeed surprised byt the large demand of the new Contour but for my part there's a whole story about it and all I can say if Dyn USA would have been the unique distributor in NA like a few years ago i would have had my speaker A while back when they actually came out in the US.

Anyhow bottom line is the Rep that was working for the Canadian distributor back in may 2016 had never actually placed my order and new rep later found out and had sort all the problems out. He then placed the order himself but then became a waiting game as they had to wait for next shipment from Denmark and although they expected the Speakers end of feb beginning of march they must have stayed in transit for a while until they reached distributor and later my dealer.

Anyhow after 10 long months of wait time I finally got them Had them ordered when they actually presented them back in Munich.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .

Last edited by BigAl87; 03-18-2017 at 07:52 AM.
BigAl87 is offline  
post #34175 of 34197 Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Were you trying to say the Contour was short supply?
Exactly

Still in love with the Focus, can't take my eyes off 'em
unbalanced output is offline  
post #34176 of 34197 Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,550
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Speaking of XD these seem to be at a great price for the XD200!

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/mo...7-manasquan-nj

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... Maybe New Belles Aria Int. Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is offline  
post #34177 of 34197 Old 03-20-2017, 05:57 AM
Member
 
lesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Speaking of XD these seem to be at a great price for the XD200!

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/mo...7-manasquan-nj
And also the XD400. Really good prices. But I believe the seller is European (Greece?), despite the NJ address. What this means, I don't know...

A great opportunity for anyone inspired by the new firmware, I guess, if you dare...
lesc is online now  
post #34178 of 34197 Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Speaking of XD these seem to be at a great price for the XD200!

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/mo...7-manasquan-nj
Yes that is a good deal...remember,Otto himself uses the xd 200's on his desktop I believe he said.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
no quarter is online now  
post #34179 of 34197 Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Has anyone of you heard of this $100k speaker? Are these magical? Just wondering...$100k speaker...Phew!!!

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/fu...pple-valley-ca
Matrixman18 is offline  
post #34180 of 34197 Old 03-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Red MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesc View Post
And also the XD400. Really good prices. But I believe the seller is European (Greece?), despite the NJ address. What this means, I don't know...

A great opportunity for anyone inspired by the new firmware, I guess, if you dare...

The seller is in Croatia.


He's been advertising them on Audiogon for a long, long time. About a year I think. Same with the Contour S1.4 LE. He used to have a pair of C1 Signature that sat forever too. Originally, they were advertised as shipping from Croatia, so the buyer would be responsible for getting them through customs and paying the duty. Now he has an agent in NJ that would presumably handle it.


In addition to Audiogon, I've also seen him advertising the same speakers on audio-markt.de. He might be on other sites too.


I don't know what the story is with this seller. In some of his ads, he claims to be an authorized dealer. But if that's true, why is he offering new products at a deep discount, and why are they taking so long to sell? It seems fishy. Even if he's legit, this would be a gray market sale and don't expect any warranty support from Dynaudio. So buyer beware.
Mr. Integration likes this.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Red MC is online now  
post #34181 of 34197 Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
Even if he's legit, this would be a gray market sale and don't expect any warranty support from Dynaudio.
tbh, grey market wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were passives, but when you have an amp, dac, and speaker all in one, there's a lot more to go wrong
dashpuppy and Red MC like this.

amatuerholic is offline  
post #34182 of 34197 Old 03-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Member
 
Red MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Exactly

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Red MC is online now  
post #34183 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Denmark
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Otto. In the news on Dyn website about the software update it is mentioned you looked at and changed the psykoacoustics of the speaker. Could you elaborate in any way on what you changed? Im very curious

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer
Solgryn is offline  
post #34184 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
I don't know what the story is with this seller. In some of his ads, he claims to be an authorized dealer. But if that's true, why is he offering new products at a deep discount, and why are they taking so long to sell? It seems fishy. Even if he's legit, this would be a gray market sale and don't expect any warranty support from Dynaudio. So buyer beware.
I routinely see scam ads in European sites, always for lower prices than used market value, normally on small classified lists.
unbalanced output is offline  
post #34185 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Any rumors on Confidence update?

LG OLED65E6 | Marantz AV8802A | Marantz MM8077 | Panasonic DMP-UB900 | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 | B&W CM9 | B&W CM5 | Dual JL Audio Fathom f112
Maingear Drift Z170 GTX 1080 HTPC | BDI Mirage 8227 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Synology DS916+ | TEAC UD-503 | Focal Solo6 Be | Vizio P50-C1
drewTT is offline  
post #34186 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otto J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
Otto. In the news on Dyn website about the software update it is mentioned you looked at and changed the psykoacoustics of the speaker. Could you elaborate in any way on what you changed? Im very curious
Well, I'm not sure I can go deeper into detail about the actual changes than I already have. What is meant by psycho-acoustics is how we as humans actually perceive sound, so it's not something that we have changed, but we have applied our knowledge on psycho-acoustics into the design, like we always do. I am not sure I am able to give you an example of a specific feature that was changed, mostly because the new tuning was made from scratch, not as an iterative process. But we have changed the weighting of various properties of the speaker, to create a sound that is perceived as more accurate by a human listener.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Otto J is online now  
post #34187 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
Well, I'm not sure I can go deeper into detail about the actual changes than I already have. What is meant by psycho-acoustics is how we as humans actually perceive sound, so it's not something that we have changed, but we have applied our knowledge on psycho-acoustics into the design, like we always do. I am not sure I am able to give you an example of a specific feature that was changed, mostly because the new tuning was made from scratch, not as an iterative process. But we have changed the weighting of various properties of the speaker, to create a sound that is perceived as more accurate by a human listener.
Otto, do you mean that if you make a claim that after the upgrade certain things will be noticeable and the gullible will perceive this as the gospel when in fact nothing really changed.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #34188 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
Member
 
emflorence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to emflorence
Talking

Now i can say I`M A PROUD OWNER OF 600XD!

It arrived today, i just hoocked up with the equipment I still have at home, more are coming.

So for now, no software update, no cable connection (wireless configuration) and a Squeezebos Touch as a source (also this one without a LPS). So, no review or or sound quality evaluation for now.

My living roos is still a mess, but the following picture shows it! Thank you all friends that gives me advices and their subjective analisys on SQ.

It has a potencial to get much better than what i heard today, and from time to time I plan to give my impressions here.


Best regards,
Eduardo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17426016_1795171217163420_8031584976890541470_n.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2043601  

My system:
Mains: Dynaudio Special 25, Central: Dynaudio Focus 220c, Surround: Dynaudio Audience 42
Pre-processor: Krell HTS 7.1, Power Amplifier: Krell S1500/5
DAC: Electrocompaniet ECD-1, Fonts: Oppo 93, AppleTV 2, Squeezebox Touch
Turntable: Avid Ingenium
emflorence is offline  
post #34189 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by emflorence View Post
Now i can say I`M A PROUD OWNER OF 600XD!

It arrived today, i just hoocked up with the equipment I still have at home, more are coming.

So for now, no software update, no cable connection (wireless configuration) and a Squeezebos Touch as a source (also this one without a LPS). So, no review or or sound quality evaluation for now.

My living roos is still a mess, but the following picture shows it! Thank you all friends that gives me advices and their subjective analisys on SQ.

It has a potencial to get much better than what i heard today, and from time to time I plan to give my impressions here.


Best regards,
Eduardo.
Congrats Eduardo,the update only takes about 5 minutes,and is available on the Dynaudio website under...support>firmware update>xd 600,just download it,it has an attached PDF file that walks you through it step by step.All you need it an empty USB thumb drive.Same color as mine too,nice!
Mr. Integration likes this.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
no quarter is online now  
post #34190 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Member
 
MReeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Were you trying to say the Contour was short supply? Anyhow, Yes They were indeed surprised byt the large demand of the new Contour but for my part there's a whole story about it and all I can say if Dyn USA would have been the unique distributor in NA like a few years ago i would have had my speaker A while back when they actually came out in the US.

Anyhow bottom line is the Rep that was working for the Canadian distributor back in may 2016 had never actually placed my order and new rep later found out and had sort all the problems out. He then placed the order himself but then became a waiting game as they had to wait for next shipment from Denmark and although they expected the Speakers end of feb beginning of march they must have stayed in transit for a while until they reached distributor and later my dealer.

Anyhow after 10 long months of wait time I finally got them Had them ordered when they actually presented them back in Munich.
Good news, I know it's been a painful wait! You need to post some pics.
MReeter is offline  
post #34191 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
BigAl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReeter View Post
Good news, I know it's been a painful wait! You need to post some pics.
Soon as I have them Friday hopefully I have some time to get them.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 (Still waiting...). BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
BigAl87 is offline  
post #34192 of 34197 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Today got around to trying my Taksim's in home theatre running off my Anthem MCA 50,and they sound fabulous.This means that I will be enjoying my xd 600's more often,as they will be staying put in my 2 channel room for a while,now I have to figure out if I really need an expensive pre-amp/power supply feeding them to hear their best,I may try and get my hands on some kind of music server for a demo,the good thing about having a pre in the chain though,is I can also run one of my subs if I feel the need.My shortlist of Music servers so far is Naim Core,but there are a lot of bugs to work out on this one,it is brand new,Melco N1a and Innous-Zenith.Any thoughts or other suggestions?

http://soundcrafthifi.com/naim-uniti-core/

http://www.audiostream.com/content/m...-music-library
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/inn...-music-server/

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
no quarter is online now  
post #34193 of 34197 Old Today, 12:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Otto J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 318
[quote=Solgryn;51689657]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
Otto, do you mean that if you make a claim that after the upgrade certain things will be noticeable and the gullible will perceive this as the gospel when in fact nothing really changed.
Hehe, power of suggestion is certainly part of what you would call psycho-acoustics, but I believe we are actually doing the opposite - NOT telling you everything about how we design a speaker, for that exact reason... Many people have predetermined opinions on a lot of features and design choices. I have previously mentioned that principally we would prefer not to give any specs at all, however the market demands it. For instance, the difference in -3 dB points from the old to the new tuning of the 600 XD (now 60 XD), from 20 to 18 Hz, probably doesn't make any noticeable difference whatsoever to the sound. So the spec is in reality completely meaningless. However, the changes in the limiter/crompressor system makes very noticeable changes to the overall bass performance. The end result is that people will believe that they CAN hear the change from 20 to 18 Hz, because that's the only number we are giving them, so that's what they attribute the change to.

In any case, there's no way around that the XD's were significantly changed. The crossover points, slopes and types are new. Psychoacoustics or not, if you don't hear a change, you need to find a new hobby ;-)

In all seriousness, psychoacoustics is much more than how to cheat the listener. Psychoacoustics is for instance the explanation behind why you can get a perceived improvement or degradation of the bass response, by putting in a new tweeter. Physically the bass response did not change, but the way you experience bass is affected by how the other areas are presented. If you don't understand how making a change affects the overall subjective impression of the sound, and simply try to reach a theoretical optimum, you won't achieve the best sound. Here I have to stress that the opposite is also true, if you don't understand the theory behind what you are hearing, you are very unlikely to be able to reach the best performance. We believe the highest quality is achieved if you combine research and experience - not by giving up on one and focusing on the other.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Otto J is online now  
post #34194 of 34197 Old Today, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mr. Integration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Coral Springs Florida
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Today got around to trying my Taksim's in home theatre running off my Anthem MCA 50,and they sound fabulous.This means that I will be enjoying my xd 600's more often,as they will be staying put in my 2 channel room for a while,now I have to figure out if I really need an expensive pre-amp/power supply feeding them to hear their best,I may try and get my hands on some kind of music server for a demo,the good thing about having a pre in the chain though,is I can also run one of my subs if I feel the need.My shortlist of Music servers so far is Naim Core,but there are a lot of bugs to work out on this one,it is brand new,Melco N1a and Innous-Zenith.Any thoughts or other suggestions?

http://soundcrafthifi.com/naim-uniti-core/

http://www.audiostream.com/content/m...-music-library
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/inn...-music-server/
https://nadelectronics.com/product/m...-music-player/

Very Nice
no quarter likes this.

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
Mr. Integration is online now  
post #34195 of 34197 Old Today, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1293 Post(s)
Liked: 696
That M50.2 is very appealing because of it's 2TB storage and mirrored 2TB backup. The best DAC I've ever heard though it the M51, look it up. It's got to be the most underappreciated DAC ever produced by anyone, not just NAD. There's a mint condition used one on the Hartford CT Craigslist at $925 and it's killing me to have to pass it up.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Sumiko Pearl, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #34196 of 34197 Old Today, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mr. Integration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Coral Springs Florida
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
That M50.2 is very appealing because of it's 2TB storage and mirrored 2TB backup. The best DAC I've ever heard though it the M51, look it up. It's got to be the most underappreciated DAC ever produced by anyone, not just NAD. There's a mint condition used one on the Hartford CT Craigslist at $925 and it's killing me to have to pass it up.
And if one had XD600s he could just connect directly to the digital input

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
Mr. Integration is online now  
post #34197 of 34197 Old Today, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Otto J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
I cannot believe this upgrade is free. I cannot believe it.
Otto I am going to come by the Dynaudio headquarters with a gift and I want you to share it with anyone involved in this, I mean it, seriously. Will be labbeled "To Otto and the FOCUS XD team, from Solgryn, avsforum"
It turns out chocolate drastically increases productivity amongst acoustic engineers! Team says thank you :-)

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Otto J is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off