Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1141 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3941Likes

post #34201 of 34205 Old Today, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Consider the Auralic Aries Mini for $500. Should work great!
I should of mentioned that I am looking for a music server that also stores the music,which will eliminate the need for a NAS,everything I have been reading suggests that this option will provide better sound.Right now I use my laptop and j-river with my music on an external hard drive plugged into the laptop.Call me crazy if you want,but people spend thousands on fancy Ethernet cables and audiophile switches etc.,that given my nature,I would obsess over,so this simple route is BEST for me....thanks for some of the suggestions,I have to do some more homework,Mr Integration,the NAD server looks real nice,but it concerns me that it is limited to 24/192,and no DSD,unless they plan on updates on the future,I believe for DSD it would need analog outputs though,so that might be why there is no support.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34202 of 34205 Old Today, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I should of mentioned that I am looking for a music server that also stores the music,which will eliminate the need for a NAS,everything I have been reading suggests that this option will provide better sound.Right now I use my laptop and j-river with my music on an external hard drive plugged into the laptop.Call me crazy if you want,but people spend thousands on fancy Ethernet cables and audiophile switches etc.,that given my nature,I would obsess over,so this simple route is BEST for me....thanks for some of the suggestions,I have to do some more homework,Mr Integration,the NAD server looks real nice,but it concerns me that it is limited to 24/192,and no DSD,unless they plan on updates on the future,I believe for DSD it would need analog outputs though,so that might be why there is no support.
AAM does that too.
post #34203 of 34205 Old Today, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Can't have everything
Try this new dac/streamer:

http://oppodigital.com/sonica-dac/so...tures.aspx#top

Review:

http://hometheaterreview.com/oppo-sonica-dac-reviewed/

Can do DSD.

post #34204 of 34205 Old Today, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
AAM does that too.
I thought you just installed a NAS,if the AAM acts as a NAS,why did you? Also,Sirmorebeer,I have a streamer already,that has a dac,plus I have a Chord Hugo,The thing I am looking for stores all your music,like a NAS(which I don't want) and rips cd's,maybe it is more of a renderer than a server.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #34205 of 34205 Old Today, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Tony you should get and use the NAS for a backup. If a server loses the HD or SSD you have nothing (except a lot of ripping to do over again). I would recommend at least a dual bay NAS that mirrors. I lost a drive in one of my NAS units and all I had to do was put in a replacement drive. It re-mirrored itself and I could still use the NAS while it was re doing the mirror. Hardware does fail.

That said if the NAS unit itself dies the drive(s) can't be read anywhere (keeps people from stealing a HD with data on it and reading it in another unit unless the NAS is the exact same model). I have 2 cheapie NAS units (same model) for that reason. Once I had the original NAS with all the music I had on it I powered it down and pulled one of the drives. After the drives were formatted in the backup NAS I failed the primary drive by powering the unit down - pulling the drive and powering back up again. Powered back down again and replaced the drive I pulled with the one that had all the music on it. Powered back up and the NAS replicated all the music I had to the empty drive.

Just a thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore