Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3961Likes
post #34231 of 34237 Unread Today, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReeter View Post
I had to ask, my new 3.4LE's didn't have the cover over the tweets, I guess the Ecotec Tweet didn't deserve a cover!i

Time to change your signature!
Sig has been changed while you posted , I am shocked as to why the 3.4 LE did not have the orange cover, glad I changed my order , I am sure your 3.4 LE sound fabulous and I am sure I would have been happy with them but since it was not too late for me after the announcement in Munich I really wanted to get those new Contours .

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34232 of 34237 Unread Today, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
What is the name of your dealership?
I believe he went out of business some years ago. He was located in San Diego.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #34233 of 34237 Unread Today, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by MReeter View Post
I had to ask, my new 3.4LE's didn't have the cover over the tweets, I guess the Ecotec Tweet didn't deserve a cover!i

Time to change your signature!
My XD 600's came with the covers.
BigAl,when can we expect some early impressions?It must be like Christmas morning for you,let them play 24/7... get some earplugs if you have to!

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's

post #34234 of 34237 Unread Today, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
My XD 600's came with the covers.
BigAl,when can we expect some early impressions?It must be like Christmas morning for you,let them play 24/7... get some earplugs if you have to!
Yeah I have done that for the X-18 I played them 24/7 after I was coming back from work noticed improvements but I'll have to disagree with the Nordost rep , Worse speaker OOB was the X-18, on the C-30 you hear the congestion they have not opened up yet, certainly not after 3 hours, both my Totems sound bigger ( more open, bigger soundstage) and they come in much smaller package but I know they will open up as the X-18 did, at least I got a great peak at the final result at the show as they Nordost was using the C-20 paired with some Atoll audio equipment.

I know they will be fabulous.

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

post #34235 of 34237 Unread Today, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 29
http://www.stereophile.com/content/d...XDLcsSRE0ZP.97

Contour 20 review in Stereophile.
BigAl87 likes this.
post #34236 of 34237 Unread Today, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgerman View Post
I like the fact that they start to rollof above 10Kh region that should lead to nice smooth highs eventually right now my 30s are a bit all over the place but the review describes pretty well what I heard of the 20s at the show today.

post #34237 of 34237 Unread Today, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4676 Post(s)
Liked: 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Strated unpacking so far I have done 1, here it is guys sharing with you.

Forgot my damn camera for the show , I shall go tomorrow again and catch some pics to share with you guys but anyway long story short I got to finally hear the new contours after that blind buy and they have not disappointed me far from it was jaw dropping sound. I have been warned by Nordost rep here that owns a pair of Confidence C-2 Platinum, He said that these new contours were the worse sounding speaker he's ever heard out of the box at the point he thought they were broken.

He basically told me just be patient and you'll be well rewarded, he had about 250 hours on the C-20 so far and they sounded amazing yet he thought they would still improve some more , Open soundstage, great detailing, the piano reproduction was to die for.
Congrats on your new Dyns. They look great. Bringing back sexy in the BA casa! You'll get some leg tonight for sure.
BigAl87 likes this.

Last edited by Waboman; Today at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore